[wip] 1998 Pontiac Firebird

20 replies to this topic
oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

Asses 2 Asses - Bust 2 Bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:20 AM

I'm going to start on a 1998 Pontiac Firebird but I'm running out of texture resources, scrapping is becoming pretty hard and eBay doesn't always get it, I have a real good one but the material's copywritten and the guys that own the copyright haven't gotten back to me yet and it looks like they could be awhile before they do (eVox productions if you're curious, found them troopin through edmunds.com) can anyone recommend a good source to get texture materials?

user posted image

6pakki
  • 6pakki

Der Sämme

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:33 AM

You maybe ask from III Era Modding

http://www.gtaforums...hp?showforum=89

Or if you are planning for iv check this out

http://www.gtaforums...p?showforum=250

Good luck with your project! smile.gif

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (6pakki @ Jul 24 2010, 05:33)
You maybe ask from III Era Modding

http://www.gtaforums...hp?showforum=89

Or if you are planning for iv check this out

http://www.gtaforums...p?showforum=250

Good luck with your project! smile.gif

blush.gif Looks like I came to the right place. Thanks dog. biggrin.gif

schaefft
  • schaefft

Homie

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

Wait, you need photo ressources to make textures out of them? Ebaymotors, cardomain and yahoocars should have everything you need. And before worrying about textures Id start modling the car. biggrin.gif

Very good choice by the way. Ive been waiting for a quality 4th gen f-body for quite a while, lets hope this one will make it into the game. smile.gif

Those blueprints seam to have quite alot of perspective which is bad. I could try to make some blueprints out of a forza model or sth, those should line up perfectly.

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:44 PM Edited by eC.011loc, 24 July 2010 - 11:56 PM.

QUOTE (schaefft @ Jul 24 2010, 19:41)
Wait, you need photo ressources to make textures out of them? Ebaymotors, cardomain and yahoocars should have everything you need. And before worrying about textures Id start modling the car. biggrin.gif

Very good choice by the way. Ive been waiting for a quality 4th gen f-body for quite a while, lets hope this one will make it into the game. smile.gif

Those blueprints seam to have quite alot of perspective which is bad. I could try to make some blueprints out of a forza model or sth, those should line up perfectly.

eBay is tapped, there are like 5 '98's up for auction, yahoo motors got nothing neither, I haven't tried that other guy, I could be doing this for awhile b4 I finally stop running into photos that are all to the side of the car and not dead on like the ones I found, I just really could use that console shot, u bein' funny by the way? Anyway like I said, I don't want to get all into the car and then have no textures, they're there and all but the ones I found are like
rolleyes.gif stop the press rolleyes.gif The model itself is as good as done, two weeks, three weeks tops, those aren't the only blueprints available for that year either, reference photos fix all of that confusion, they worry me a little too. I thought about that forza thing too and juiced has one but I don't know if those cars have interiors, I kind of stop there when I think of those modders looking at me like who's this GTA dude lol.gif

*Update* Aight cardomain's looking pretty interesting, I'll add him to my shopping list. I'll be back at you guys, I really can't say when though but don't nobody go gettin' no bright ideas aight sly.gif

schaefft
  • schaefft

Homie

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:44 AM Edited by schaefft, 25 July 2010 - 10:49 AM.

Yup, Forza3 and Juiced2 cars got very nicely detailed interiors, Juiced2 ones even got an engine and trunk.

And wouldnt other years work, too? The 98´one was the facelifted firebird right so every firebird from 1998-2002 would work. I got 66 results: http://motors.shop.e...&Model=Firebird

Yahoo cars got 453 O_o http://autos.yahoo.c...istingtype=used, 55 1998 ones alone.

Dunno where the problem is...

The dashboards of those cars would be pretty much identical I guess. You could also just create the textures using photoshop. If you know how to do that you could even make a nice texture out of pretty much nothing (Ive done that with a Porsche 959 I modeled for a contest, interior reference was like non existent). As long as you got some pics of the radio and AC, gages and so on everything should be possible.

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (schaefft @ Jul 25 2010, 10:44)
Yup, Forza3 and Juiced2 cars got very nicely detailed interiors, Juiced2 ones even got an engine and trunk.

And wouldnt other years work, too? The 98´one was the facelifted firebird right so every firebird from 1998-2002 would work. I got 66 results: http://motors.shop.e...&Model=Firebird

Yahoo cars got 453 O_o http://autos.yahoo.c...istingtype=used, 55 1998 ones alone.

Dunno where the problem is...

The dashboards of those cars would be pretty much identical I guess. You could also just create the textures using photoshop. If you know how to do that you could even make a nice texture out of pretty much nothing (Ive done that with a Porsche 959 I modeled for a contest, interior reference was like non existent). As long as you got some pics of the radio and AC, gages and so on everything should be possible.

I knew that's what you were doing, true all the years from like 98 to 02 are the same more or less, thing is some years come up with more ref than others, I haven't tried my hand at doing an interior completely from scratch, I don't think it would come out that good, I found somemore of that good chit though wink.gif and I'm going to get right down into this, hopefully I can get right back within the month!

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:45 PM Edited by eC.011loc, 09 August 2010 - 01:48 PM.

colgate.gif user posted image colgate.gif

DustyRider
  • DustyRider

Dammit!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:32 PM

nice job bro, question,could U also made this car to vice city? cuz I haven't seen a good car in VC in a while

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:17 PM

I really don't know, I've never done for VC b4.

schaefft
  • schaefft

Homie

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

You should really post some bigger and more screens from other perspectives. Right now its hard tosay anything about the mesh except its wireframe looking a bit dense in some areas where less polygons wouldnt hurt like the doors or front.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

Yea, bigger pix & would be nice to see some render pix! Eventho I'm not a modeler & dont have SA anymore sarcasm.gif what is the poly count ? And what 3D prog do you use to model ?

aaro4130
  • aaro4130

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:06 PM Edited by Suction Testicle Man, 16 August 2010 - 09:41 AM.

Dont use that Model!!!! USE the one from Forza Motorsport 3

user posted image

Click on the image to get it biggrin.gif

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (aaro4130 @ Aug 15 2010, 14:06)

user posted image

Don't clicc that link sneaky2.gif , as you can see I'm in no hurry to go running to anyone else for an easy two-pointer, as for the rest of u's I like to keep some things a surprise, I'm on zmod2 by the way, 5000+ poly-count on the chassis.

tounge2.gif aaro4130 no mods 3 posts tounge2.gif Im trying not to wipe my *** with him lol.gif Dude get some GTA stripes first and then do all of that kn'mean cool.gif

flashg
  • flashg

Tastes like raisins

• Feroci
  • Finland

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (aaro4130 @ Aug 15 2010, 16:06)

user posted image

Thats the easy way, people are too lazy these days and converting same cars for GTA all the time. Gotta respect people who are modeling from scratch icon14.gif

aaro4130
  • aaro4130

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

Sorry lol, thought you used someone elses

Nik.
  • Nik.

Hochmeister

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (flashg @ Aug 16 2010, 07:05)
QUOTE (aaro4130 @ Aug 15 2010, 16:06)

user posted image

Thats the easy way, people are too lazy these days and converting same cars for GTA all the time. Gotta respect people who are modeling from scratch icon14.gif

Amen...

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (aaro4130 @ Aug 16 2010, 13:40)
Sorry lol, thought you used someone elses

biggrin.gif I'm flattered biggrin.gif Now it's not quite finished but if you want a "sneak-peek" there are some pics at the zmod forum under one of the new posts.

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:06 PM Edited by eC.011loc, 21 August 2010 - 07:17 AM.

I have some textures that are seperate from the ones in the vehicle .txd (vehiclelights128, vehiclelightson128, and some reflections) that I want to point to my vehicle from the vehicle replacement .txd (i.e. zr350 .txd) how do I do that?
user posted image

schaefft
  • schaefft

Homie

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

Uhh, you should first check your smoothing of the car, there are lots of edges smoothed along the door seams and most other areas where a hard edge should be instead. I think Zmodeler doesnt support any smoothing groups so youd have to splitt up the mesh (keeping object count the same) to get hard edges.

And you wanna add new textures to your car that arent original GTA SA textures? Thats quiet easy, just add them to your ???.txd and make sure you give them the same name like the files youve used in Zmodeler.

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

Muncher of Polygons (and cake)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Nik. @ Aug 16 2010, 17:05)

Amen...

definitely amen to that icon14.gif
conversions might look nice sometimes, but IMHO it's cheating...

scratch building is the way to do it biggrin.gif sigh.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users