Photo

[TUT] Playing Radio in Cutscenes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic
Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Ran away with the spoon...

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:15 PM Edited by Chimpso, 30 January 2011 - 02:45 AM.

Heres another TUT from lil' ol me biggrin.gif .

In this one I will be showing you how to make the games in-game audio play during cutscenes.

1. Create a "Teleport to Car" objective. Teleport a car that has the default radio station you want (which means that when you enter it that station will automatically play). See this website and search up vehicles names, then go to the "Trivia" section at the bottom to find the default radio station for that vehicle. If you still can't find a default radio station, then comment here and I will find a car with it.

2. Anyways, after this create your cutscenes as normal. Because the player is in the car, the radio will play. This makes it seem as if the radio station is playing in the backround.

3. When/if you want to stop the radio playing during the cutscene, simply create a teleport objective that is not in a vehicle. Since the player is not in a car, no radio will play.

I hope this helps anyone.

[TRM]AlexisLUIGI13
  • [TRM]AlexisLUIGI13

Dessigner of my Missions

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:10 AM

nice one

DarkWizard931
  • DarkWizard931

Ż°mb´ę Řąpīşť

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

Hey i got another idea that you don't have to choose custom radio stations,expecially User Track Player (i dont know because i think any cars cant play user track player)First make a checkpoint, than enter a random car,select the radio station you like, go to the checkpoint, and make a cutscene after the checkpoint. And Voila, you don't have to browse for custom radio stations.
BTW, i wanna ask, when i saw the mission pack Codename : Zulu by Mattatatta, i see 2 checkpoints on the radio map. I thought you go to checkpoints and press "Spawn checkpoint" to make 2 objectives at once. But i was too stupid cuz there is no "Spawn Checkpoint" Button. So how can i make 2 checkpoints in the mini-map? Can i set their colors different?

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

ôProud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:43 PM

Thanks should help my first upcoming project smile.gif

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (DarkWizard931 @ Jan 29 2011, 15:37)
Hey i got another idea that you don't have to choose custom radio stations,expecially User Track Player (i dont know because i think any cars cant play user track player)First make a checkpoint, than enter a random car,select the radio station you like, go to the checkpoint, and make a cutscene after the checkpoint. And Voila, you don't have to browse for custom radio stations.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't work. The dyom mission file doesn't store which radio you have selected, so this isn;t restired when you enter the checkpoint or start the cutscene. Chimpso's trick works, because the model of the car ios (of course) stored, and therefor the default radio for that car will always play when the player is it it.

DarkWizard931
  • DarkWizard931

Ż°mb´ę Řąpīşť

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (PatrickW @ Jan 29 2011, 17:50)
I'm pretty sure that doesn't work. The dyom mission file doesn't store which radio you have selected, so this isn;t restired when you enter the checkpoint or start the cutscene. Chimpso's trick works, because the model of the car ios (of course) stored, and therefor the default radio for that car will always play when the player is it it.

Actually i thought of this when i do some of Leoncj's missions, that when you enter your bike and go to this guy's house, after that you got a cutscene you talking with the guy, i switched to my favourite : User Track Player (cuz i only have gunshots and peds sounds,no radio , no cutscene sounds in SA) And when i go to the checkpoint to see him, the User Track Player radio still playing

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

That works only because the game-engine remembers the station that you last played in each model of car. But if you play the mission again after having restarted GTA, it will switch back to the default radio-station. The same will happen to other people that will play your mission, if you upload it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users