» «
Photo

Bicycle topic

46 replies to this topic
The Sound of Milli Vanilli?!
  • The Sound of Milli Vanilli?!

I'm just mad about saffron.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:39 PM Edited by The Sound of Milli Vanilli?!, 21 July 2010 - 05:44 PM.

Didn't find a topic so i made one. What bikes do you all have? do you even have one?

Here's mine, some old Crescent bike i found in an old barn, fixed it up a bit, changed all the nuts and bolts, greased the chain, gave it a wash, changed the tires, changed the saddle to a white Italian sports one and added the funky checkered rear view mirror, all to the total cost of $0 biggrin.gif

user posted image

Excuse the extremely sh*tty picture. sh*tty phone what can i say? biggrin.gif

radltzx
  • radltzx

Oh wait

• Members

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:31 PM Edited by radltzx, 21 July 2010 - 07:34 PM.

Seriuosly though, I really do love to ride my bicycle. biggrin.gif

Here's the bitch:

user posted image

I know it looks a bit cartoonish n stuff, but I love it. Bought it over 9 years ago, but somehow only this and past season I really started to ride everywhere with it, literarily, I mean I barely walk anymore (P.S. I don't have a car).

So yeah, it's my daily driven vehicle. icon14.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:05 PM Edited by *MURDOC*, 30 July 2010 - 05:10 PM.

user posted image

Here's my BMX, in .gif form to make you feel seasick.

user posted image

And heres my Road bike, I havent taken the bottle holder thing off yet, Ive just not felt like finding the right socket to fit it, I never use the damn thing.

user posted image

So much fun on dirt jumps and the street.

I've also got a cruiser type bike, its a 3-speed with no exposed hardware, the gears change inside the back hub.

luigidude
  • luigidude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:27 AM

i have:
a aluminuim appolo bmx, great over jumps
and a 21 speed barracuda jump bike, which is great but needs some work done on the brakes.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

I had one bought off eBay, I thought it was a Hutch and I had to pay $$ for shipping, I had it stored till weather was nice, and it was then subsequently STOLEN, like all my prior bikes, disappeared without trace. I am so jinxed by bad luck, but in the same week (I filed a report with local police) I found a nice bike at the Goodwill, got that for less then $40, I had to research it as well, It's Haro Bikes Nyquist Edition, That's Ryan Nyquist who still rides for Haro, black and chrome, readjusted for my height, I like it, one of the best SEATS I've ever come across for BMX biking since it's cushioned for touring, not racing!
My favorite 20 inch saddle goes to Kabuki BMX in 1982 though, my first REAL bike, again...stolen!

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

You bumped this topic for that!?

The Haro seat is not cushioned for "touring", it's cushioned so you don't kill your ass when landing from jumps, the Nyquist is a dirt/street bike.

My seat seen above is off a Haro Dave Mirra signature BMX.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:17 PM Edited by jaysteels, 14 August 2011 - 09:32 PM.

user posted image
user posted image
Also got a hill avalanche
gonna get actual pics soon.. biggrin.gif

BTW around 1972 wink.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

I used to have a pair of "his & hers" Peugeot comfort bikes, they were nice.

King Mystery
  • King Mystery

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:37 AM

Radltzx, your bike is awesome. What's it called?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Saturday, Aug 13 2011, 17:25)
You bumped this topic for that!?

The Haro seat is not cushioned for "touring", it's cushioned so you don't kill your ass when landing from jumps, the Nyquist is a dirt/street bike.

My seat seen above is off a Haro Dave Mirra signature BMX.

I've been into BMX for as many years as you were unborn, fella! Since 1980 basically. I don't have an uploaded picture, but I meant the OLD racing seats are intended to have NO covering as to cut the air in racing use and be as light as possible. The age of Titanium being used for super-light bikes. The Nyquist bike is for Freestyle, where BMX term is used often enough, but incorrectly so, BMX is solely racing on a track like Motorcycle Motocross.
I'd suspect some people DO know this already. Bob Haro had others make hardware for him, like Torker bikes.
He made his claim to fame producing number plates for racers, with his own art skills, he was a rider, and was notable for the Stunts we see in the famed film E.T.
He's not credited because he was not a SAG member (Screen Actors Guild)

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:56 AM

Big f*cking deal, I know more about the sport, new or old school, than you'll ever know oldilocks.

And unlike you, I actually ride BMX, I've done every form of it since I was a child, and I still do.

So you can go ahead and be a fan, but I actually ride the things, and I don't mean to the local goodwill to look for old electronics.

Xo4
  • Xo4

The Lunatic is in My Head.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:15 AM

I've got a road bike from the early 70's I like WAY too much to sell.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (Blackout? @ Sunday, Aug 14 2011, 00:15)

I love classic road bikes, especially ones with extremely 70's paint schemes.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:10 AM Edited by Slamman, 14 August 2011 - 10:15 AM.

What does that mean? "Road bike"? I had a 1970s Schwinn "Ten Speed", that was the atypical bike of the day! Now there's a sharp contrast between the different biking eras.

I use them to commute, there's nothing wrong with that, I was probably too young at the time to have nerve to race. It also depended on where you reside, if you could actually RACE BMX, there was only one I recall from memory around here. As for stunting I crashed severely and at that point I decided not to tempt fate. This was pre-protection days Murdoc (speaking of just Freestyle for kicks.... I faceplanted and I nearly cracked my skull!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

I gots me a BMX that I salvaged from getting thrown out. I don't BMX or anything, my only trick is being able to sit on the bike backwards and cycle around. I can do it quite well too.

I just got given another bike. A sort of mountain bike. I live in a city beside some nice parks and close enough to the sea so I just go cycling there. Love it!

Cycling again has given my favourite music new meaning. Nothing like pissing down a road listening to your favourite album pumped with adrenaline.

I'll post pics later.

radltzx
  • radltzx

Oh wait

• Members

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (King Mystery @ Sunday, Aug 14 2011, 00:37)
Radltzx, your bike is awesome. What's it called?

It's uhh.. Quest I guess. It's just some random cheap bike, nothing fancy.

I'm actually looking to get a new bike for myself, and curently looking at something like this. Any of you guys go mountain biking?

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

This was pre-protection days Murdoc (speaking of just Freestyle for kicks.... I faceplanted and I nearly cracked my skull!

I don't ride with pads dude, and I've taken some pretty ridiculous slams, but rather than pussy out like you, I get back on my bike and ride, because I'm passionate and I love it.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Blackout? @ Sunday, Aug 14 2011, 05:15)

seconded

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:45 AM Edited by 4 Bagger, 14 November 2011 - 05:16 PM.

I don't ride bikes anymore, at all. I used to do just for the crack. Didn't really go far on them either. I had some crappy little mountain bike, only cost me around 40 at the time, brand new.

user posted image

Shouldn't imagine I would even be able to get on it now, apart from the fact it's locked in the shed covered with rust and dust.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:46 AM

Saw a somewhat nice Schwinn Predator at the Goodwill for $15, Not sure I'd buy it though, I wanna get some opins? Probably 90s at the latest, some years back I can tell, it doesn't follow current BMX bike looks and trends, could be late 1980s, but not as nice as the one I had prior. Still, $15 is not much at all!

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Tuesday, Aug 23 2011, 01:46)
Saw a somewhat nice Schwinn Predator at the Goodwill for $15, Not sure I'd buy it though, I wanna get some opins? Probably 90s at the latest, some years back I can tell, it doesn't follow current BMX bike looks and trends, could be late 1980s, but not as nice as the one I had prior. Still, $15 is not much at all!

Did it have the "Terminator" type blocky font?

Was it a fairly traditional-shaped frame?

If so, that may be one of the good ones, before they became K-Mart bikes.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

Great. The left pedal just flew off my 80's racer, midway thru my ride... Caught on tape! tounge.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (jaysteels @ Tuesday, Aug 23 2011, 11:55)
Great. The left pedal just flew off my 80's racer, midway thru my ride... Caught on tape! tounge.gif

Did you have the cranks on backwards, or did it break?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Tuesday, Aug 23 2011, 06:51)
QUOTE (Slamman @ Tuesday, Aug 23 2011, 01:46)

Did it have the "Terminator" type blocky font?

Was it a fairly traditional-shaped frame?

If so, that may be one of the good ones, before they became K-Mart bikes.

It sold, I was there at closing and they open at 9AM, close at 9PM as well, the previous Schwinn I had was also a similar chrome frame with nice components, one piece "trick" crank, the rear dropouts actually go inward near the brake mount, but don't rub the tire, it still looks tacky though. I don't know what was wrong with the original designs for BMX, those are the retro classics I look for. The Rhino that was stolen, I reported it missing that same day.....

... Hasn't shown up since! SAD. If I see it, I'm TAKING IT back!

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Tuesday, Aug 23 2011, 17:11)
Great. The left pedal just flew off my 80's racer, midway thru my ride... Caught on tape!  tounge.gif

broke right off.
"One motion, RIGHT OFF!"

We had to order new ones tounge.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (jaysteels @ Friday, Aug 26 2011, 16:10)
QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Tuesday, Aug 23 2011, 17:11)

broke right off.
"One motion, RIGHT OFF!"

We had to order new ones tounge.gif

That sucks, hopefully the threads in the crank arm are still o.k.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

Okay, got rid of some white paint from the 80's, shined it up a bit, got new pedals, fixed the brakes annnd added new griptape(or whatever haha)

ass reamer
  • ass reamer

Down the punx, up the blowjobs

• The Precinct

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

How have I missed this topic for so long?

Anyway, I've been using a bike as my main mode of transportation for about a year now. I've got a single speed road bike:
user posted image
It's a Windsor frame that I got second hand. It's been painted multiple times, I put the white on it a few months back. When I got it was a fixed gear but I got tired of that nonsense quickly and got a new rear wheel. If I ever actually save up some money for a better bike I'd love to have this bad boy.

88 miles per hour
  • 88 miles per hour

GTAFs offical Mew and Volvo fan

• Members

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

Heres my MTB: http://www.bikepedia...74.jpg&f=Photos
Full Deore LX but with a crap fork, Suntour sucks, <3 Fox/Rock-Shox..

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:43 PM

My 1970's racer is gone.

I was in a time trial, and a crowd of 6th graders on bikes were blocking the road. I was doing a corner in 30mph when I saw them. I shouted and braked but it didn't help. I hit one of them head on and I get tossed into a barbed wire fence and then onto tarmac and then onto a wet field. A bus and others stopped to help me smile.gif

It was a sad state of affairs, i hurt myself quite a bit, the bike was rendered unusable AND i was about to set a record sad.gif

Leather gloves and helmet really saved me biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users