What is the worst gta game ever?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic
ClaudeSpeedIV
  • ClaudeSpeedIV

"Hello, Mr. Anderson"

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

what do you think is the worst gta game, protagonist,characters, and antagonist ever from any gta game?

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:34 PM

GTA London

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

I don't know, I haven't played all of them! I love all, I don't think there's a bad GTA wow.gif
  • Jeansowaty likes this

SynX HD
  • SynX HD

Synergy

• Members

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

I haven't played GTA, GTA London, or GTA 2, but I'd assume one of those, considering GTA III started the revolution, Vice City was fun, SA was the most expansive sandbox ever, and GTA IV was just the best.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:58 PM

None of them. There all good.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

GTA2 on the GBA is the worst. Controls, physics, and graphics are all crappy. GTA2 on the PC is tons better, maybe even better than III.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:06 PM

People I've heard that Grand Theft Auto Advance is terrible, is it true?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

It's sub-par compared to other GBA games. The main reason to buy that game is for the story.

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:38 PM

I enjoyed Advance for what it was, but it just can't compare with the 3D GTA's or the classics 1 and 2.

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:57 AM

I regret buying LC stories. I found it boring and a throw back to 3 and not in a good way.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:50 AM

Damn, that sucks, LCS is one of the best games ever made let alone one of the best GTAs.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:58 AM

It's harsh to say which is the worst as I think every GTA has its own charm, but the one I never really got into was LCS.

I understand it was a handheld initially, but I didn't like how so many basics were removed from previous games like being able to climb, swim etc. IMO VCS was far more expansive in terms of gameplay.

LCS just felt like a more charming GTA III for some reason.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

In the beginning there was Jack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

GTA Advance is the worse GTA but one of the best GBA games.

forbjok
  • forbjok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

If you include the 2D GTAs, then it would probably be one of them, since the 3D games are infinitely better (not in general, just in the GTA series - in many cases a transition from 2D to 3D made games worse).
Which one I couldn't say, as I never really bothered doing missions in any of them, just went on rampages around the city.

Out of the 3D GTAs, I'd say GTA IV.
Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game. None of the GTAs are.
But it is IMO the weakest of the 3D GTAs.

The controls were far from as smooth as in the GTA III trilogy, and a bit too much annoying realism was added.
In GTA:SA, you could ride a motorcycle at 300mph, crash head-on into a trailer and only suffer a minor scratch barely even visible on the health bar.
In GTA IV, if you so much as touch something, you'll go flying and die instantly upon hitting whatever car or obstacle happens to be there, making bikes virtually useless unless you feel suicidal.
The "friends" who keep calling all the time also get very annoying after a while.
The world also felt kinda small and restrictive compared to GTA:SA (especially SA), and even GTA III (though it probably is larger than III - it felt more restrictive though).

NikoBellicIV
  • NikoBellicIV

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:26 AM

dude stop spamming the forum board its really annoying, no offense tho smile.gif

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:24 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 23 July 2010 - 05:38 AM.

QUOTE (forbjok @ Jul 20 2010, 03:21)
The world also felt kinda small and restrictive compared to GTA:SA (especially SA), and even GTA III (though it probably is larger than III - it felt more restrictive though).

I can somewhat understand it feeling restrictive compared to SA since SA was a state, and reached beyond the limits of city life, but more restrictive than GTA III?

In what way was the world in GTA IV more restrictive than GTA III?

In GTA III you can't swim, and jumping in the water means instant death. The only air transportation is the clipped Dodo which makes flying basically useless anyway, and there are hardly any interiors to explore. GTA IV's Liberty City is far, far more interactive than what was seen in GTA III. IMO

You have internet cafes, restaurants, a cabaret club, strip clubs, a comedy club, bowling alleys, interiors for several skyscrapers etc. All of which contribute to the city's feeling beyond what is seen in the streets.

With GTA III you're literally almost like a bum since you're out in the streets all the time. Only time you're not is when you save, and even that's another area where GTA IV is superior. Each safe house has a "homely" feel to it, instead of just another place to save like in GTA III.

I'm sorry mate. I'm not knocking your opinion, but I just can't agree that GTA IV is more restrictive than GTA III when it comes to the world that is presented. confused.gif
  • Jeansowaty likes this

marmoo
  • marmoo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:51 AM

I hated GTA 2 - Hated the graphics
In comment to many feeling GTA IV is more restrictive the San Andreas - it is a fair point as San Andreas opened up many things in the GTA series but much of it was pointless, repetative and at times I found a little boring
SA was still a cracker though

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

didnt play gta 1 , london or 2, but i did play 3, sa, vc, 4, eflc.
worst: gta3, his walking was just like LOL, i think vc had that type of walking too.
best : eflc, eflc is way better compared to IV.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

sneaky2.gif What's wrong with Claude's walk sneaky2.gif

Leopard_
  • Leopard_

Call me Leo.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Jul 19 2010, 13:49)
GTA Advance is the worse GTA but one of the best GBA games.

I've gotta agree with you on that one.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:28 PM

for me its chinatown wars. I felt they could have made that better. Bought it and sold it within a week.

Was never too keen on I Londond and II, i found them boring tbh.

I think with the tech noadays it ups the game so much that we forget the games were good backthen.

LCS is a bit boring. VCS is ok but it lack something that VC had.

patsfan4life
  • patsfan4life

Da Master

• Members

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:28 AM

Best GTAs
1st: GTA San Andreas-Great story, great protagonist, great setting, great everything.
2nd: GTA 4-Great-Protagonist looks like my dad when he was 30, amazing graphics.
3rd: Vice City-Tommy ended up on top. Liked a lot about it. Story could've been longer.
4th: Liberty City Stories-Liked the character and story, but knowing that everything I did went to waste after three years, it loses its power.
5th: Vice City Stories- See Liberty City Stories
6th: GTA 3-Average. Not the best storyline, terrible graphics, and Claude was way too mysterious. Hated how everyone tried to kill him in the end.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (patsfan4life @ Jul 27 2010, 07:28)
Best GTAs
1st: GTA San Andreas-Great story, great protagonist, great setting, great everything.
2nd: GTA 4-Great-Protagonist looks like my dad when he was 30, amazing graphics.
3rd: Vice City-Tommy ended up on top. Liked a lot about it. Story could've been longer.
4th: Liberty City Stories-Liked the character and story, but knowing that everything I did went to waste after three years, it loses its power.
5th: Vice City Stories- See Liberty City Stories
6th: GTA 3-Average. Not the best storyline, terrible graphics, and Claude was way too mysterious. Hated how everyone tried to kill him in the end.

I'm pretty sure this is for the WORST GTA, not the best.

As a side note i though IV had the best story line. SA while great and fun was just too farfetched.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

I am going to say gta CTW its story is too corny and kinda overused in crime storys (Meet a bent cop, kill close friends thinking they betrayed, close family member is real betrayer)
i have only played:
III
SA
IV
TBoGT
TLAD
CTW
after what i read on gta wikia i'm gonna say LCS has a boring sounding storyline but i haven't played it yet ssoooo...

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:09 PM

For me III is the worst, whilst technologically amazing, the story was average, the city was to dull and Claude is the most boring and overrated protagonist of the series (CJ comes a close second:p). Having said that I do still love and play III but its nothing compared to the other titles.

Garfield 2
  • Garfield 2

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

Worst? Definitely Chinatown Wars - I still like it and enjoy it but I do think it's the worst GTA ever.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (02fishera @ Jul 28 2010, 13:09)
For me III is the worst, whilst technologically amazing, the story was average, the city was to dull and Claude is the most boring and overrated protagonist of the series (CJ comes a close second:p). Having said that I do still love and play III but its nothing compared to the other titles.

Ah, but when III was out, did you think that.
We should cast our minds back to when it was out, i bet most of us loved it. I did. it was awesome. Then Vice came out and OMG that was awesomer (Tho i tire of the 80s) - the jump from seedy dark Liberty to gold and peach sunkissed Vice was so good.
Then San An came out and SOMEHOW i managed to not play it AT ALL until the PC version came out. A year after my mates had completed it i played the PC version and loved it, on a tie with Vice (although Vice remains the best III gen game for me).
LCS came out on PSP and i though "cool" PSP GTA!
VCS was, like III>VC a great jump.
Then of course IV came along and NOW III looks sh*t. But back then it was amazing.

Circumlocution aside, my point is that we should judge each game on its own, or how it was back then, because now we've become corrupted by the amazing graphics and physics etc.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:17 PM

agreed. no personality IMO. aged terribly over the years
  • Jeansowaty likes this

GritEngine
  • GritEngine

I♥R*N

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

Chinatown Wars for me - it just isn't an open world if I can't look around, and it felt way too tiny (the way cars handled and dealing with cop cars etc, felt like micromachines)

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Jul 28 2010, 17:09)

Ah, but when III was out, did you think that.
We should cast our minds back to when it was out, i bet most of us loved it. I did. it was awesome. Then Vice came out and OMG that was awesomer (Tho i tire of the 80s) - the jump from seedy dark Liberty to gold and peach sunkissed Vice was so good.
Then San An came out and SOMEHOW i managed to not play it AT ALL until the PC version came out. A year after my mates had completed it i played the PC version and loved it, on a tie with Vice (although Vice remains the best III gen game for me).
LCS came out on PSP and i though "cool" PSP GTA!
VCS was, like III>VC a great jump.
Then of course IV came along and NOW III looks sh*t. But back then it was amazing.

Circumlocution aside, my point is that we should judge each game on its own, or how it was back then, because now we've become corrupted by the amazing graphics and physics etc.

TBH Mokrie, I didn't think that at the time but III was not only the first GTA that I'd played but also the first PS2 game. As much as I like III, to me it lacks the spark that the other GTAs have that make me want to keep playing. That doesn't make it a bad game, its just my least favourite in the series.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users