» «
Photo

VC 'Never-Too-Late' Savefile Editor

45 replies to this topic
voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:40 PM Edited by voodoo48, 06 October 2012 - 11:36 AM.

I think this prog late at least 5 years, but who cares, I hope there are still enough Vice City players. smile.gif Tool description is same as topic title. I think pictures tell much more. Microsoft .NET 3.5 is required to launch, latest service packs contain this, and GTA IV required it too.

Shadow-Link
  • Shadow-Link

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

That's pretty awesome, can't wait for the beta smile.gif as I am playing VC's story again and it's still a lot of fun to mod it!

MW_29
  • MW_29

i came to play

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

Quite interesting, weapons pickups locations hmm, well you can add the other gangs weapons change option too icon14.gif

undo
  • undo

Seriedade e retórica.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

VC will never die, so it's never too late!

Your tool should be very useful, thank you for sharing it.

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

Well, finally, I finished the beta version. Everything seems to be OK, but of course, there can be things I didn't recognised. Changes since I uploaded the pics:

- Garages tab removed temporarily. I didn't had time to finish it, in the next version i'll do it too.
- As MW_29 asked, every gang's weapon and car can be moddified.
- Vehicles can be filtered by type, zone (Vice Point, Starfish Island, custom, etc.) and availability.
- Filtered (or not) pickups and vehicles can be displayed on a map. By clicking on these marks on the map, you can select 'em on the working platform.

In the next version, I'd like to build in the left-out garage part, and a rampage-/asset editor part. And anything else I can find. smile.gif

Download link. After the beta, I'd really appreciate a mirror. smile.gif

(Yapp, btw, if you'd try to check that if you open a file, save it somewhere else without modification, and get the same file, it just won't work, because at the vehicle coords and angle, the tool rounds to 3 decimal places (and to 1 at angle). I tried out, without rounding, it gives back the same file from bytes to bytes.

metalistas2
  • metalistas2

Drop da bass

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:31 PM

I get this smile.gif
CODE
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
  at VC_Savegame_Editor.frmMain.InitializeTingz()
  at VC_Savegame_Editor.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

I guess map.jpg is missing. Extract it to the same folder where Savegame Editor is.

grandtheftauto1233
  • grandtheftauto1233

Floppy Nipple

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:06 AM

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
at VC_Savegame_Editor.frmMain.InitializeTingz()
at VC_Savegame_Editor.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

was looking forward to test this sad.gif

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:12 AM

As it seems to be a general problem, I was looking for a solution. Now I think that the missing of Microsoft PowerPacks can cause this problem. Install it ( Download link ), restart your computer, and check what happens. I hope it helps. smile.gif

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:24 PM

I decided to release a new version before v1.1. It only contains bug fixes, including the problem mentioned by others.

- PowerPacks has been removed. No functions lost, though. This solves the "System.IO.FileNotFoundException ... File name: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs'" problem.
- Map checking: if map.jpg doesn't exist, the program starts as well, but map functions will be disabled.
- Switched car names beginning with the same word have been corrected:
Cheetah <--> Cheetah (police)
Police <--> Police Maverick
Sabre <--> Sabre Turbo
Sentinel <--> Sentinel XS
Hotrings (default, A and B)
- Color selector has been improved a little bit ("?" sign has been added to the random color box), and a bug has been corrected (if you pressed OK without modification, it always returned with 0, and not with the car's original color).

DOWNLOAD VC SAVEGAME EDITOR v1.01

metalistas2
  • metalistas2

Drop da bass

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

Map image was the same folder where program.

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

Try out the latest version, it seems to be corrected.

grandtheftauto1233
  • grandtheftauto1233

Floppy Nipple

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:45 AM Edited by grandtheftauto1233, 25 July 2010 - 09:43 AM.

do you really need to use hotfile?

if i may, can i post a mirror on mediafire?

works, few suggestions

1: allow "Map" window to be resizeable...
2: allow us to get coordinates from the map which leads to 3
3: allow us to add stuff to the save if possible

EDIT
mediafire mirror
http://www.mediafire...90y5csr8x1e5b91
feel free to add it to the first post smile.gif

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

do you really need to use hotfile?
Of course not, it was just the first file sharing site that came into my mind.

if i may, can i post a mirror on mediafire?
Yes, but I hope files and screenshots will be approved soon on GTAGarage. They were uploaded more than a week ago. confused.gif

1: allow "Map" window to be resizeable...
Well, actually it is... mercie_blink.gif You can resize the window itself, and the map with paint / photoshop / etc. Or i don't understand it.

2: allow us to get coordinates from the map which leads to 3
3: allow us to add stuff to the save if possible
2. Okay
3. I'm not sure how do they work with pickups, but I think it's possible in the case of vehicles.

grandtheftauto1233
  • grandtheftauto1233

Floppy Nipple

• Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

oops, the map window is resizeable, my bad, edited my last post with mediafire mirror, the file wont get delete since i used my account

hope your files and screens get approved on GTAGarage, this is a very nice tool

i meant vehicles, lol

weather "f*ckin' Sunny"
nice

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:18 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 31 July 2010 - 10:25 AM.

The files are actually already downloadable in GTAGarage even if it's awaiting approval. To voodoo, go to "Files", click on "Download", and you should be able to get a direct link to the files. It would be nice if you can document what you found about the save file.

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:57 AM

Yeah, really, thanks for the heads up. About documenting: if I have time after finishing it, I'll publish a short document about it.
@grandtheftauto1233: thanks for the link, although spaceeinstein solved my problem, I still leave it in the main post until I release a newer version.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

Oh, you have to provide a direct link to the compressed archive file. The link you found was a redirect link that only you can access. If you have Firefox, click on the link you provided then open up the download window and copy the download link.

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:00 PM Edited by voodoo48, 01 August 2010 - 12:05 PM.

Well, I didn't know that only I can access to it, corrected. smile.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:04 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 02 August 2010 - 03:11 AM.

The program looks really good. Keep up the work. Here are some things I noticed:
•The program emits a screeching noise when I loaded a file after clicking "Load Other File."
•Can you add the "Camera" on the list of weapons and weapon pickups?
•On the list of gangs, the third gang is named "Streetwannabe's" and a seventh gang not on your list is named "Golfers."
•Maybe have a zoom feature in the map. Sometimes cars are parked really close like the ones at Sunshine Autos

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

The program emits a screeching noise when I loaded a file after clicking "Load Other File."
Works fine to me, so I will add a small settings dialog, including enabling/disabling sounds.

Can you add the "Camera" on the list of weapons and weapon pickups?
Okay, done. smile.gif

On the list of gangs, the third gang is named "Streetwannabe's" and a seventh gang not on your list is named "Golfers."
Thanks, corrected.

Maybe have a zoom feature in the map. Sometimes cars are parked really close like the ones at Sunshine Autos
Well, after finishing the garages and the perfect simulation of a vice menu, I hope I'll have some time to add this little option too. smile.gif

I want to release the next and possibly the latest version before september. After it, only bug fixes are planned.

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

VC Savefile Editor v1.1 is really close to be released. Only thing remained is to get the coords and angle to spawn car in garage if there wasn't any, but user requested. After that, a one-day-long testing (any help would be really appreciated), and then v1.1 is ready to be released.

Question: any claim to make VC SFE a multilanguage tool?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:47 PM

It's good to have support for it and let people be able to add their localizations. Although it would be better to get the tool completed before adding it. Are there any plans for the ability to edit every value of the file, even the unknown ones?

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:33 AM

It's good to have support for it and let people be able to add their localizations. Although it would be better to get the tool completed before adding it.
You're right, but I don't know how much time I will have, since university has been started. So I think it's better to release the nearly final version, and when I have time, I add support of new languages.

Are there any plans for the ability to edit every value of the file, even the unknown ones?
So... Integrate a hex editor? smile.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

Somewhat like that, but make it easier to travel to different blocks of the file.

levenshtein
  • levenshtein

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:54 AM

HEY. All given links are broken. The version Im actually using doesnt edit cartypes. Example, if i want to turn an existing "ambulance" into a "bf injection" (of couse, save it), it continues being an ambulance. XYZ Position and angle works ok. Windows firewall doesnt block any content.
Thanks, your program is great. Please, continues improving it

levenshtein
  • levenshtein

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (voodoo48 @ Sep 10 2010, 06:33)
You're right, but I don't know how much time I will have, since university has been started. So I think it's better to release the nearly final version, and when I have time, I add support of new languages.

I can help you to translate to Spanish. It's my language

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:51 PM

HEY. All given links are broken.
Well, it seems to be okay for me. dozingoff.gif

The version Im actually using doesnt edit cartypes.
Well, this sounds strange too. I'm nearly sure that it worked fine on the last version. Anyway, I'll check it tomorrow. Meanwhile, you can try clicking away in the data table, it's not enough to modify the cartype, but to activate it by clicking on a different cell / tab.

I can help you to translate to Spanish. It's my language
Thanks for offering that, I'll text you if I finished the multilanguage version of the tool, but I'm not sure it'll be released this year. Of course there will be a version before it, with all the functions I planned. I don't say any date, the only thing i have to do is to make the tool deleting vehicles properly.

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:03 AM

The version Im actually using doesnt edit cartypes.
Well, this sounds strange too. I'm nearly sure that it worked fine on the last version. Anyway, I'll check it tomorrow.
Well, I downloaded the latest version from GTAGarage, and it worked fine. I think the problem is that you didn't finished the editing of cell by clicking away. I'll try to avoid this method in the next version.

levenshtein
  • levenshtein

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (voodoo48 @ Oct 3 2010, 10:03)
Well, I downloaded the latest version from GTAGarage, and it worked fine. I think the problem is that you didn't finished the editing of cell by clicking away. I'll try to avoid this method in the next version.

I tried it again and it worked. I think the problem was i did not close gta-vc.exe. I was editing savegame while game was running.

Can you tell me where did u get the latest version of this program? I dont know if i have the latest version and the links given here dont work. Someone should upload them at megaupload or upload them again. This is a screenshot of the error i get when i try to download it.

http://quasar.awards...c=sg_editor.jpg
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users