» «
Photo

Claude Speed is Claude!?

154 replies to this topic
TTH
  • TTH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:03 AM Edited by TTH, 23 September 2012 - 01:12 AM.

According with GTA3 Liberty Tree official website.

Zaibatsu Corporation (as a "supossed" Pharmaceuticals Organization) release a drug called EQUANOX in 2001 April in Liberty City.

http://www.rockstarg...001/story3.html

Medicine and Healthcare:
Zaibatsu Release Equanox
Liberty Tree News Bureau
April 1st 2001 1:00pm EST
LIBERTY CITY (RS) - Brian Robinson

Zaibatsu Pharmaceuticals, the pharmaceutical arm of Liberty City's very own Zaibatsu Corporation, unveiled their new wonder drug, Equanox, yesterday at the city's annual Beneficial Chemicals Trade Show. Equanox, hailed as a wonder drug by its inventors is a new attempt to conquer that very modern malaise, dissatisfaction. Zaibatsu are claiming that Equanox will combat lethargy, depression, melancholy, sexual dysfunction and just about anything, caused controversy when the FDA repeatedly refused a license for its release. Then, thankfully, the FDA relented, allowing the Zaibatsu Corporation a priceless toe-hold in the $1 billion mood enhancer and anti-depressant market. Money that Zaibatsu promise will be funneled right back into helping Liberty City. The drug, which the FDA initially claimed caused "psychotic behavior in rats, and is synthetically like PCP, only more toxic" will go on sale in the coming months. We all hope it is going to help bring a few more smiles to Liberty City residents and dissatisfied folk everywhere.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GTA3 set in October 2001. Few months later take place GTA2: The Movie. When Claude Speed steals the EQUANOX and make deals with Russians and Yakuza gangs. Zaibatsu shoot Claude.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According with gouranga.com, a website supported by Rockstar Games.

http://www.gouranga....f-info-gta2.htm

GTA2 is set in a massive city, under siege by seven rival gangs who each control different zones within the metropolis. That's when your character, Claude Speed, is freed from prison and awakened from cryonic sleep with a bad case of amnesia. Your mission is clear, do whatever it takes to become "King of the City" by any means necessary. You can work with any one of the seven rival gangs or play all the gangs off of each other and clean up what's left. Either way each gang's reaction to you will be based on your past dealings with them and your dealings with their enemies. Thanks to your Respect 'O' Meter you can easily tell what your standing is.

And according with "Readme" of GTA2 DEMO:

http://www.rockstarg...2/frameset.html

WHAT AM I?
A tough guy - a hardened criminal back in The Big City after a long spell away.

WHERE AM I?
In The Big City's Downtown District comprising four distinct territories - three of them
in the iron grip of rival gangs.

Gangs are readily identifiable by their unique colours, the vehicles they drive and the
prevalence of their emblems in their particular areas.

For more information about the gangs and the Downtown District itself answer the first
payphone you see and take part in the simple tutorial.

WHAT AM I DOING?
In this particular slice of GTA2 heaven? Whatever you can manage to fit into six minutes.
(Plastic explosives have been planted in your guts to ensure that you don't get too carried
away beyond the time limit imposed in this special preview release.)

Cash is the key to opening up The Big City. There's a price tag attached to pretty much
everything (particularly criminal pursuits such as theft and murder) but the best way to
earn a dishonest crust is to take on one of the jobs available only from the gangs.

HOW DO I DO IT?
Run, jump, punch, shoot, steal, race, chase, crush, crash, smash... Get a life. Take a
life. Live a little. Earn some respect from one of the gangs and see where that takes you.
Take on the hard-boiled Law Enforcement and see where that gets you...

Police journals of GTA2 Official website date: "XX / XX / 13"

CLAUDE SPEED Timeline is:

1992 San Andreas: Claude Speed is 18-19 years old.

2001 April: Zaibatsu Corporation release a drug, EQUANOX in Liberty City. The drug will be on sale in the coming months.

2001 October: Take place GTA3. Claude Speed is 28 years old.

2001 few months later: Take place GTA2 the Movie. Claude Speed is 28. He steals EQUANOX from Zaibatsu and make deals with other gangs (Russian and Yakuza). Claude is shot by Zaibatsu Killer.

2013 GTA2: Claude Speed is back in the Big City after a long time "sleeping". He is awakened in a nearby future with amnesia.

I don´t speak english so well, but I´ll try...
  • ngcLink00 and PooyanCyrus like this

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

This explanation suits the best so far! I mean, everything's logical, everything's explained! Everything, and I mean, everything, fits perfectly. As if it was meant to be exactly that way. The part with shooting, cryonic sleep and amnesia, it all fits where it should be!

The only part that would be ambiguous here is that Claude could steal some other Zaibatsu merchandise than the Equanox, as I guess that the fact the Zaibatsu were only a small pharmaceutical company doesn't exactly mean they could produce only one type of drug.

Tons of cookie.gif for your great work, man! You deserve my respect!

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2KSG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

These are only assumptions and I don't think it fits perfectly. You don't know if GTA2 is set in 2013. You only have a date that ends in 13, but it could might as well be 2113.

The cryogenic sleep thing was invented by fans.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:05 AM Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 23 September 2012 - 08:56 AM.

*Removed for containing unconfirmed information*

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

I said it milion times and I'll say it again: GTA 2 is set in 1999. GTA 2 got its premiere in october '99 IIRC and R* themselves said that game is set three week into the future.

These whole cryo sleep and prison release it's fan made crap. There isn't a word about that in neither GTA 2 manual nor on official page.

GTA 2 movie seems to not have any connection to actual game except showing general activities and gangs (not all of them).

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Sunday, Sep 23 2012, 11:27)
I said it milion times and I'll say it again: GTA 2 is set in 1999. GTA 2 got its premiere in october '99 IIRC and R* themselves said that game is set three week into the future.

If you recall correctly, and if it was really said so, then I cannot find myself what to believe in. Because EVERYTHING fits. And I mean it! All theories, they are logical more or less! But what is the truth???

I guess the only solution would be to ask Rockstar themselves about it. If they don't play dumb again like they always do, we will get the exact year of the game, and this will terminate all false theories about the game's setting. And finally, the issue will be solved. At least, I hope so.

P.S. Experience has taught me not to believe in what I prefer if there are several theories worth existing.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2KSG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Sunday, Sep 23 2012, 11:05)
QUOTE (_____ @ Sunday, Sep 23 2012, 10:48)
You don't know if GTA2 is set in 2013. You only have a date that ends in 13, but it could might as well be 2113.

I'd argue that if it was set in 2113 we would have those close-to-nowadays buildings, weapons and cars, you know? 2113 just doesn't fit in no way!

The game environment speaks for itself. I guess it works exactly that way.

I don't follow your logic. The cars look kind of old and some of the stuff seems futuristic, so this game doesn't really represent reality at all. It's more like a parallel universe where the game could be set in any year.

You have no proof it's set in 2013. Stop spreading this crap, unless Rockstar confirms it, it is not true.

Edit: How did Rockstar play dumb?

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (_____ @ Sunday, Sep 23 2012, 11:47)
Stop spreading this crap, unless Rockstar confirms it, it is not true.

Edit: How did Rockstar play dumb?

I will. I cannot find anything to believe in for sure. And I seem to digress. It really appears that the real truth is not what we all believe it to be.

About Rockstar: I mean, they play dumb with those ambiguities like "Claude's last name may or may not be Speed" while their test confirms that Claude from GTA III is Claude Speed. So why play that way, I just don't get it...

TTH
  • TTH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:45 PM Edited by TTH, 23 September 2012 - 01:59 PM.

QUOTE (Tycek @ Sunday, Sep 23 2012, 08:27)

These whole cryo sleep and prison release it's fan made crap. There isn't a word about that in neither GTA 2 manual nor on official page.

GTA 2 movie seems to not have any connection to actual game except showing general activities and gangs (not all of them).

GTA2: The Movie was made in 1999. Movie represents the "present-days".

But GTA2 the game take place years later... Rockstar said in website:

"A futuristic urban nightmare. The international city that we are all terrified is only a few years away, is yours for the taking. Modeled on the apocalyptic visions of the future from the 1970s and 1980s, the city for GTA 2 is a fully dysfunctional urban hell. Like all cities, it has a fully international flavor and each different group in the city wants to control something."

We know the game take place in 2013, and not in 2113 or 20.013... because firstly "the present" was considered 1999 when the game was made and....

the city is only A FEW YEARS AWAY....

A FEW YEARS.... 1999 - 2013...

GTA2: The Movie represents "The Present"

GTA2 game set in the FUTURE.

As said the Readme of the GTA2 Demo:

"I am a tough guy - a hardened criminal BACK IN THE BIG CITY AFTER A LONG SPELL AWAY."7

You see the guns, the cars, the city.... and you understand the game set in 2013, not 1999. GTA2 set in a futuristic urban inspired in the cyberpunk culture... that is only a few years away of our actual present (GTA2: Movie).

http://www.gophoto.i...ng#.UF8P8dbN84M

http://www.gophoto.i...pg#.UF8Qw9bN84M

http://www.gophoto.i..._del_Z-Type.png

http://www.gophoto.i...ywhere_City.png

http://www.gophoto.i...pg#.UF8RWNbN84M

http://www.gophoto.i...pg#.UF8ReNbN84M

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:41 PM Edited by Tycek, 23 September 2012 - 07:42 PM.

As I see there is no point in debating with you, because you're already set on one exact lie that was repeated so many times that I became one and only truth for you.

First two sentences from the game manual:
"Three weeks into the future. One teeming city."

Game is set three weeks into the future. City is few years away in ideas of corruption, gang warfares, clones, drugs and all that things, not few years ahead in terms of calendar.

As you wrote yourself:
"Modeled on the apocalyptic visions of the future from the 1970s and 1980s, the city for GTA 2 is a fully dysfunctional urban hell."

When I see the guns I am seeing totally fictional weapons, that fit everytime from 1940s to distant future. Cars are taken from '50, '60 and '70.

Where do you get that 2013 from when in the game Johnny Recaro is saying millenium is coming? Of course there is date 2013 written on the official page. Journal was marked with that date, but have you read it? If you have you probably would know that it was written by undercover cop who was sent to destroy the gangs in the city and finally ended in Asylum.

Topic is infact about Claude being Claude Speed.
Claude is Claude Speed, but only in terms of appearance. One of his timeline isn't connected to other one, like in Batman for example.
Main character from GTA 2 doesn't have to be Claude Speed. He may be anybody we want and intro isn't connected to the main game.

One more thing: this is my last post on that topic, because it makes no point to repeat the old posts. I've written all the info here and there, but if you still want to believe in your 2013 and spend your free time looking into some fake infos and producing ridiculous theories about cryo sleeps, cryo prison, so be it.

TTH
  • TTH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:12 PM Edited by TTH, 24 September 2012 - 01:17 PM.

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Tuesday, Jul 13 2010, 16:50)

CLAUDE SPEED
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 258 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
I don't know what they say in the last line??

Special Skills:

-Explosives
-Fight
-Fire guns
-Car driver

Rap Sheet:

-Grand Theft Auto
-Murder
-Bank Robbery
-Raw Violent Assault
-Mercenary

Claude Speed

Height: 6´2´´
Weight: 204 lbs
Zaibatsu Corp. Member: "gecko" location: Downtown District

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2KSG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Tell me you're not copy-pasting from wiki.

TTH
  • TTH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 13:31)
Tell me you're not copy-pasting from wiki.

it´s not a f*cking copy-paste from wiki.

I do my investigations myself. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2KSG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Blue eyes? Where did you get that from?

TTH
  • TTH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 13:47)
Blue eyes? Where did you get that from?

I "translated" the f*cking Zaibatsu Computer from high quality GTA2 Movie version.

user posted image

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

I think Claude was 38 rather than 28 in GTA 2.

TTH
  • TTH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 16:24)
I think Claude was 38 rather than 28 in GTA 2.

Yes... You think is 38, however the actor Scott Maslen was 28 starring GTA2 Movie in 1999.

And DMA Desing chose the real actor´s age for Claude Speed.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

GTA 2 is taking place in 1999. Claude Speed and Claude are not the same person. Rockstar just reused the character.

TTH
  • TTH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

In the nearby future of GTA2 the game, assuming the "XX / XX / 13" dates of the website; Claude should be 41-42.

As it´s said in GTA2 manual:

"I´m a hardened criminal back in The Big City after a long spell away."

It is assumed Claude was in the city when he was younger in 1999 (The Movie).

Then he returns to the city in the future (2013?) after a very long time outside...

user posted image

Taking in account a "connection" between GTA3 world and GTA2, movie would take place ending 2001 (and not in 1999) and Claude should be 39-40 in 2013.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2KSG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

How do you know the guy in that picture is Claude? It's not him.

Where did you get the high quality movie?

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 18:38)

facedesk.gif

QUOTE (_____)

Probably from the files of the PC version, there, the resolution of the intro is 640x480.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2KSG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:57 PM Edited by _____, 24 September 2012 - 08:01 PM.

Either I am experiencing memory problems, or that picture keeps being posted around without any proof whatsoever. Don't post stuff from any wiki and claim it is fact. Do your own research.

Edit: I found the post where you presented the "evidence". Not conclusive enough and it doesn't help that he looks nothing like the guy in the movie.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

TTH thank you, I always wanted to know what was written in that computer!! tounge2.gif

TTH
  • TTH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 18:38)

He´s the main character in a cop chase (3D cartoon style).

High quality movie is no longer available but It used to be in GTA2 web.

TTH
  • TTH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:38 AM Edited by TTH, 25 September 2012 - 04:12 AM.

QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 19:57)
Either I am experiencing memory problems, or that picture keeps being posted around without any proof whatsoever. Don't post stuff from any wiki and claim it is fact. Do your own research.

Edit: I found the post where you presented the "evidence". Not conclusive enough and it doesn't help that he looks nothing like the guy in the movie.

Nowadays you only can found the picture in a few wikis but the first web where it was published is Gouranga.com.

This should be interesting:

GTA2 Setting <9:00 PM CST - schu>
I've noticed a little confusion on how far into the future GTA2 is suppose to take place. I think a quote from Dan Houser is in order:

"It's in the immediate future - three weeks to be precise, which is why the gta2.com website offers you the choice of three weeks into the future for the immersive bit or today's date for the behind the scene bit - that's a key point to the way the game is styled."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As he saids in gta2.com we have:

PRESENT CLOCK (Behind the scene bit): Movie, Demo, game information, downloads...

and

THREE WEEKS INTO FUTURE: with mysterious journals, criminal profiles and gangs information.

So the movie is included at present because the facts happen at present (I guess 1999 when the game was realeased).

user posted image
Left: Billy Bob (Rednecks Boss) photo in his mail profile of GTA2 Web. Mail is dated 01/08/99
http://www.rockstarg...s/rednecks.html

Right: Billy Bob in GTA2 The Movie. (Present/1999)

D.Houser saids the game set "three weaks into future" but not specifically year. It could be 1999 OR NOT.

Rockstar declares that the cars are something like if Havana got transported to the 21st Century.

But one thing is certain: cars, clothes, weapons, etc. we see in GTA2 Movie ARE NOT the retro-future and cyberpunk culture we see in the game.

The only clue we have is 20 files in "Future clock" from the website dated in XX / XX / 13.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Now if Rockstar ever makes a Q&A campaign concerning GTA2, I know right away what exactly I am going to ask.

Jericho176
  • Jericho176

Spoon Killer

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:43 PM Edited by Jericho176, 09 June 2014 - 04:52 PM.

sdsdsdk.jpg
Sorry Claude but this is the best image I could find. sad.giffrom the game archives.

CLAUDE SPEED
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 258 lbs
I don't know what they say in the last line??

I was a keen supporter of the fact that the GTA III Claude and the GTA 2 Claude are the same guy for years now... until I actually read the details on that picture just now. I guess I was wrong all this time :/

GTA III takes place in the year 2001 when the game was made. GTA 2 was supposed to take place in the future (back then) - in the the year of 2013.

If Claude is 28 years old in 2013, that would mean he was about 16 in 2001! The guy from GTA III is definitely in his late twenties to early thirties. I wonder how old Claude was in 1992.

I used to have a really cool theory about the life of Claude from his time in San Andreas (1992) all the way to GTA 2 (2013), but I guess it all goes down the toilet now :sui: I'm saying all of this based on Claude Speed's age in 2013 alone...

Unless

Spoiler

If GTA 2 was really set before GTA III's time period, it would make no sense, since Claude and Catalina were together at the time, meaning that there's no way the both Claude could be the same person.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

Both are not the same person, completely different universes.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:10 AM

After all these years I still think they are the same person, just from different universes. There was some kind of a character reboot. It's like the old VS new Superman or Batman movies - same character but different story and background.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

Definitely the same person. Also, he's Jack Branning from popular UK cockney documentary, Eastenders.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users