Photo

Claude Speed is Claude!?

154 replies to this topic
Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Secretagents1 @ Jul 24 2010, 21:01)
im sick of these topics!

Good for you. But this topic is brings proof for it, it's not just another topic about Claude.

Also, can anyone try to get Claude on the quiz:
http://apps.facebook...dtheftautoquiz/
I tried it so many times but I can't! If you manage to get him please tell us the answers you used for each question.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

I never heard Claude talking sad.gif

Claude Speed. I have the same problem as you, I always do this test and I never get Claude!!!! Is so annoying sneaky2.gif I hate this test, can you believe they said I'm Manny Escuela?

I love Claude topics lol.gif

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:51 AM Edited by jnzooger, 26 July 2010 - 04:54 AM.

I answered this back in 2007... source: http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=4395651

Note, the video mentioned is the introduction movie for GTA2.

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Jul 20 2007, 00:22)
I figured it out!!! This video takes place shortly after GTAIII in Liberty City. Let's say that this takes place in 2002. If Claude is 28 in '02, then he was 27 in III, 18 in SA, and 39 in 2. As for his weight; If he is nothing but muscle, (which he has to be to run and fight like he does) he could weigh 256 lbs and be that thin. As for living though 3 shots to the back, he survived Catalina's attack at the begining of III, so why not?

So, Claude's story: He grew up in San Andreas, learning to race. While racing against a guy from Los Santos (CJ), he met this girl that said she would make all his dreams come true, if he would go with her to Liberty. He agreed, and after giving away his "speed shop" in San Fierro, went with her. Immediately, they head for the Bank of Liberty. Of course, she was just using Claude (as seen in the beginning of III) and shoots him, leaving him to die. Upon arrival at the scene, the cops immediately get him to the hospital. He survives and is placed in prison for a 10 year sentence. 8 years in, he gets transferred for good behavior with an Asian man and a recently arrested guy (8-ball) with messed up hands. This transfer convoy gets attacked and Claude and 8-ball escape. They lay low for a little while but Claude wants revenge. He works his way through many employers until he gets his chance. After this, he spends a little while with his new girl. After a while, he goes back to his old ways of carjacking. (Intro video to 2) He jacks the wrong car which leads to Zaibatsu hate and payback. He is shot by an undercover Zaibatsu member. He isn't shot with bullets though. The Zaibatsu take him and cryopreserve him. They awaken him in 2013, where they release him into Anywhere City (a city they control), but he has massive amnesia. They can't let him know what they did, or he may want revenge. Thus they let him wander the city as he pleases, offering him work. Other gangs in the city do the same. Ultimately, Claude takes over all of Anywhere City becoming "King"...or so the Zaibatsu let him believe...

Where I said, "He isn't shot with bullets though," I mean that they tranquilized him.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:00 AM

jnzooger I loved your story!!!!! orly.gif

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Jul 26 2010, 05:00)
jnzooger I loved your story!!!!! orly.gif

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Looking back on it now, it needs some fixes, like saying that the Bank of Liberty that they held up is actually in Liberty State not LC, and I'm not liking my timeline for the time it took to get to LC and his time in jail, cause he looks the same age in the opening scene of III as he does in the game. So maybe he was in jail for 3 years and it took them 5 to actually get to Liberty state to rob that particular bank, and by that point, Catalina was bored of him.

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Jul 24 2010, 21:38)
I never heard Claude talking sad.gif

Claude Speed. I have the same problem as you, I always do this test and I never get Claude!!!! Is so annoying sneaky2.gif I hate this test, can you believe they said I'm Manny Escuela?

I love Claude topics lol.gif

And I'm the f*cking Dimitri. f*ckity f*ck f*ck Russian f*cker.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:18 AM Edited by Claude Speed., 26 July 2010 - 10:50 AM.

@jnzooger, that's almost how I saw the events happening except that I didn't make any stuff up. I think that GTA 2 is set a year after III, so the timeline is:
SA - 1992 - 18 years old
III - 2001 - 27 years old
II - 2002 - 28 years old
Why would I set it a year after III? Well isn't the GTA 2 movie actually showing events from the game (II)? If so, there's no way the movie's timeline is set before the game's. And I think it is quite accurate this way. If he was younger than 18 in SA how would they let him race?

Edit: Does it say it the GTA 2 manual that Claude was cryogenized?

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Jul 26 2010, 10:18)
@jnzooger, that's almost how I saw the events happening except that I didn't make any stuff up. I think that GTA 2 is set a year after III, so the timeline is:
SA - 1992 - 18 years old
III - 2001 - 27 years old
II - 2002 - 28 years old
Why would I set it a year after III? Well isn't the GTA 2 movie actually showing events from the game (II)? If so, there's no way the movie's timeline is set before the game's. And I think it is quite accurate this way. If he was younger than 18 in SA how would they let him race?

Edit: Does it say it the GTA 2 manual that Claude was cryogenized?

The game is set either 3 weeks in the future, or 2012. The footage in the movie can not be from the game for 2 reasons, the game isn't set in LC/NYC, and the cars in GTA2 are retro-future styled.

We know that he was 28 in the intro video as a fact. Because of what happened at the end of the video, we can be sure that it takes place after III. Because the lack of minors in GTA, we can be reasonably sure that he was at least 18 and (because of the time gap till III) at most 19 in SA, and based on that, we can be reasonably sure he was 27 or 28 in III. So the question is how old is he in GTA2. Well, if the game is set in 2013, then he would be at least 39. However, if he was frozen, he would still have the body of his 28 year old self.

Because of the age issue, we can be 100% sure that the footage filmed in NYC takes place either immediately following the events of III, or within the next year.

I'm fairly sure that GTA2 itself never said anything about him being frozen, but I remember reading something about it either in the manual or on the official website.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

Well, I say if we find that piece of info in the manual about the cryogenization then it's all solved. smile.gif

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:11 PM Edited by jnzooger, 26 July 2010 - 12:29 PM.

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Jul 26 2010, 12:00)
Well, I say if we find that piece of info in the manual about the cryogenization then it's all solved. smile.gif

I don't know how much these sites count, but they all claim cryo-freeze:

http://www.gouranga....gta2-frames.htm
http://www.ugo.com/g...rospective-gta2
http://www.gamesnol....9/06/gta-2.html
http://www.giantbomb...heft-auto/62-6/
http://strategywiki....nd_Theft_Auto_2

Edit: Well, I just scoured the PC, PS2, GBC, and DC version manuals, no mention... And I can't find it on the official site either. So maybe I'm thinking about the gouranga site or a mention from when the game first came out. Who knows... It was a long time ago.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

MyDog oh my god, I hate Dimitri lol.gif lol.gif This test is terrible sneaky2.gif

patsfan4life
  • patsfan4life

Da Master

• Members

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Jul 13 2010, 16:50)
user posted image
Sorry Claude but this is the best image I could find. sad.gif from the game archives.

CLAUDE SPEED
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 258 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
I don't know what they say in the last line??

Damn, 258 pounds. FATTY. Anyway, it would make total sense that they're the same person. I mean, in 2001, the entire city eanted Claude dead. Eventually he would've realized he had no chance in the city, and would've moved to Anywhere City. Ironically, in Anywhere City, every gang wanted him dead also, and they successfully killed Claude.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:06 PM Edited by Tycek, 27 July 2010 - 10:12 PM.

Okay. I don't know if you would like things that I found, but listen to this.

GTA 2 is set in 1999, not 2013.

1. Johnny Riccaro is saying "Millenium is coming"

2. "Gets yo'self out o' town. I hears there's trouble comin' in October time. Some new tough kid's comin' to town, so they say. Yo and Ma and Ma should get out of twon. The three of you ain't safe with one of them psychopath killers on the loose."

This is part of one of the mails that can be found on GTA 2 official site. This mail was sent on 01/08/99. I think the guy they were talking about was Claude Speed.

http://www.rockstarg...s/pahootie.html
^ here is link to this mail

3. "Well, talk about using a hammer to crack an egg, the old bloke did it, did everythin' necessary to get things movin, although in no particular direction..."

Part of the journal dated on 01/08/13 wrote by some cop? This is also part of the GTA 2 official site. And this looks like he was writing about things that Claude did in the past. He practically put Anywhere City on the edge of civil war.

http://www.rockstarg...2/frameset.html
^ link to these journals.

GTA 2 is set in 1999, so the Claude Speed from GTA 2 is Claude Speed from GTA III, but the events from one game aren't followed by events from another. R* just reused character from one game in another. Beside there isn't single word about cryo-freeze in game manual or official site. Everything I wrote there is old news, but you people are trying to build castles on the sand. You're looking for single, little proof that GTA 2 takes place after GTA III and Claude was cryo-freezed. What for? Why do you need it?

Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:04 AM Edited by Ats., 28 July 2010 - 12:13 AM.

By the way, people. GTA2 was actually set in Anywhere, USA. Not Anywhere City, USA. So that means, the game was maybe set in Liberty City afterall (or any other place in US). A lot of people have gotten it wrong. Well, atleast this place says so.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:14 AM

The problem I have with this is that III and 2 are obviously not set in the same universe technologically. Hovercars don't just... appear.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:56 AM

Great f*cking news! I finally managed to get Claude in the Facebook Quiz thanks to Bluesboyjr from GTAWiki.
user posted image

Here's how to answer the questions:
Q1: How law-abiding are you?
A1: I'm a pitiful wimp who has never broken a rule in my life.
Q2: When faced with a simple task, do you...
A2: ...bang it out without thinking twice?
Q3: If somebody starts an argument with you, do you...
A3: ...back down immediately, secretly hating yourself inside?
Q4: In group situations do you...
A4: ...shuffle awkwardly, staring at the floor, waiting for somebody to tell you what to do?
Q5: A guy you know has been badmouthing you behind your back. Do you...
A5: ...ask to discuss the issue with him rationally, like they do on television?
Q6: How do you view yourself?
A6: I'm no oil painting but I've seen worse. I've certainly slept with worse.
Q7: What turns you on?
A7: Nothing my parents wouldn't do.
Q8: What is your ideal night out on the town?
A8: A few quiet drinks in the company of good friends. Moderation is the key to a long and boring life.
Q9: How do you respond to stress?
A9: With zen-like calm and composure.
Q10: If you won five million dollars in the lottery, would you...
A10: ...give it all to orphaned amputees?
Q11: If a colleague showed you a way to embezzle money from work without getting caught, would you...
A11: ...politely decline the kind offer and wish him well with his life of white collar crime?
Q12: A friend tells you a very personal secret. Do you...
A12: ...take it with you to your grave?
Q13: How often do you cheat on stupid internet tests like this one?
A13: Rarely - I'd rather see who I really am.
Q14: When you walk into a room full of people, do you...?
A14: ...not talk to anybody until you get a good buzz on?
Q15: What does $1000 mean to you?
A15: A week's salary.
Q16: How would your friends describe your looks?
A16: Five pints and they probably would.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:55 PM Edited by jnzooger, 28 July 2010 - 02:06 PM.

QUOTE (Tycek @ Jul 27 2010, 22:06)
Okay. I don't know if you would like things that I found, but listen to this.

GTA 2 is set in 1999, not 2013.

The game is either set in [insert date three weeks from now] or in 2013. That is the only way chronologically it can fit. Also the opening video can not be a scene from within the game because it is a completely different time period.

Quite frankly, nothing on the website can be taken as canon anyway. So the only canon date we have is "Three-weeks in the future".

And if we assume that this Claude is the same Claude, then he had to be 18-19 in SA. Thus he had to be 27 or 28 in III. Because he IS 28 in the intro video, we KNOW that the events of GTA2 take place AFTER 2001. So which is more likely, that the game takes place in a never accessible future, or that it takes place in 2013?

Edit: Just thought of this...
Another possibility is that it takes place in 2099 and the letter from the cop is written in 2113. Accounting for this, it is possible that Claude, while physically still 28, is actually 126 in the game. This also allows time for Zaibatsu to take over the world and all the technological advancements to happen, while still fitting with the official and website canon.

Edit2: Looking again, all the police profiles are dated xx/xx/13 even for the people you kill in the game. If they were dead when written, why would they write them as if they are alive? Also, I can't find a link on the official site to the email you posted. I did find another one on the Redneck's site though, but that entire site is dated xx/xx/99. So it's entirely possible that the Rednecks are just way behind on updating their stuff in relation to in-universe time. Based on this, I still think the game takes place in 2013, aka the Near Future, though I'm starting to like my 2113 theory.

Oh and Ats., I thought about that in my story all those years ago. I just made it an unnamed city owned by the Zaibatsu.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

What Tycek posted makes it even more confusing...

But it kinda makes sense. The only problem is that the gangs from the game are also in the movie, or so it seems.

Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:34 PM Edited by Ats., 28 July 2010 - 02:47 PM.

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Jul 28 2010, 15:55)
Another possibility is that it takes place in 2099 and the letter from the cop is written in 2113. Accounting for this, it is possible that Claude, while physically still 28, is actually 126 in the game. This also allows time for Zaibatsu to take over the world and all the technological advancements to happen, while still fitting with the official and website canon.

Dude, this theory actually looks pretty plausible.

Just look at GTA2's concept art. It looks like dark, grimey future.

user posted image
Note the weapons.

And these other pics. That looks nothing like 20th century. Unless it is in another universe or something. dozingoff.gif
http://gouranga.com/...uk_screen11.jpg
http://en.wikigta.or...ywhere_City.jpg

I just hope R* answers more to fan questions. Like they confirmed that Vic died in the beginning of VC etc. Some things need to be cleared up.

Edit:
Some other stuff.
Car models; they look like rehashed from the fifties.
http://www.activewin.../HighCopCar.GIF
http://www.activewin.....HighToya .jpg
http://www.activewin.../HighAllard.JPG
http://www.activewin...cts/HighCab.GIF
Why do I have a feeling that it isn't set in 1999 nor 2013?

Nativedeem
  • Nativedeem

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:04 PM Edited by Nativedeem, 28 July 2010 - 03:10 PM.

how can it be the same dude if gta 2 was a game in gta 3? it is the same guy but at the same time it isnt.

Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (Nativedeem @ Jul 28 2010, 17:04)
how can it be the same dude if gta 2 was game in gta 3? it is the same guy but at the same time it isnt.

You mean the GTA2 screenshot at the internet cafe monitor? Man, that was just a easter egg. Just-for-fun thing R* did.

Nativedeem
  • Nativedeem

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:26 PM

its pointless trying to figure this out. sure its pretty cool thinking about confusing stories but this is R* not Kojima Productions. R* doesnt make these weird stories that cross between multiple games. my guess is that since in gta 2 they made claude they just felt like naming the protagonist in gta 3 claude although hes never called that until san andreas.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:44 PM Edited by Claude Speed., 28 July 2010 - 03:47 PM.

QUOTE (Nativedeem @ Jul 28 2010, 15:04)
how can it be the same dude if gta 2 was a game in gta 3? it is the same guy but at the same time it isnt.

The same way there were action figurines of Tommy Vercetti in Zero's shop, in San Andreas.

although hes never called that until san andreas.

It's so annoying when every once in a while noob comes to a topic like this and says that. In the game files he is named Claude.

Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

Well, actually R* didn't give a official name for Claude in GTA III. R* wanted the character to be you. They actually planned to let you choose a name for yourself in III, and the default name would have been Claude. It's still in the game files.

But yeah, when the story got more deeper in SA, R* had to make the name official.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Ats. @ Jul 28 2010, 14:34)
QUOTE (jnzooger @ Jul 28 2010, 15:55)

Dude, this theory actually looks pretty plausible.

Well, I have been thinking about it for quite a long time. I love trying to make things connect that shouldn't be connectible in a plausible and non-canon breaking way.

For instance, did you know that Mario and Kingdom Hearts are connectible as a single multiverse? lol.gif

Nativedeem
  • Nativedeem

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Jul 28 2010, 15:44)
QUOTE (Nativedeem @ Jul 28 2010, 15:04)

The same way there were action figurines of Tommy Vercetti in Zero's shop, in San Andreas.

although hes never called that until san andreas.

It's so annoying when every once in a while noob comes to a topic like this and says that. In the game files he is named Claude.

holy f*cking sh*t, you know i knew some asshole like you was gonna say that. i know that i meant he was never called that IN-GAME

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

Dark and grimy world doesn't have to be set in the future. Take Gotham City for example, based on real city (NYC from '40 and '50) and it is looking dark and grimy just like Anywhere.

All cars in GTA 2 are real models from '50, '60 and '70, but they are futurised a little. So technically the game can be set in 1999, but in world different from ours (just like in fallout for example)

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:22 AM

I want so much to play GTA 2! But I always have headache and nauseas while I'm playing it. cryani.gif

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Jul 28 2010, 21:53)
Dark and grimy world doesn't have to be set in the future. Take Gotham City for example, based on real city (NYC from '40 and '50) and it is looking dark and grimy just like Anywhere.

All cars in GTA 2 are real models from '50, '60 and '70, but they are futurised a little. So technically the game can be set in 1999, but in world different from ours (just like in fallout for example)

No one said that Noire style had to be future. (Dark and grimy = Noire) Usually it implies the past. On the other hand, it can represent a dystopian retro-future like in Mad Max. Gotham from the Batman animated universe is a strange cobble of 40s and near future. Basically its like the 40s culture never died, yet technologies continued to advance anyway.

Rockstar said that GTA2 was based on the future as seen in the 60s. Just like how Fallout is the future as seen in the 50s.

Nativedeem
  • Nativedeem

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:15 AM

i took the test and got tenpenney. i took it again with more "accurate" answers to myself and i got niko. come to think about it i guess i am like him in a way, minus the fact im not a criminal, but at least he has regrets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users