1,759 replies to this topic
feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

TheExpanse.jpg

.......is fantastic! seriously. It's like Star Trek meets Blade Runner; and it has Thomas Jane in the lead! and Adam Jensen! it's an interesting world with a lot of intrigue and lots of social and political dynamics - the slums are vivid and well realized and so is the utopia of future Earth and a colony turned rival nation that is Mars. The characters are well written and developed [other than Amos, seriously f*ck that guy] lots of great attention to details and while it might be slightly uneven near the first half of the first season it's overall really, really well done and scratched my sci fi/cyberpunk itch.

Just started S2. Here's hoping it's better or just as good.

Its definitely the best scifi show out right now, it keeps on getting better

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:04 PM Edited by AlienTwo, 25 July 2017 - 03:05 PM.

.......is fantastic! seriously. It's like Star Trek meets Blade Runner; and it has Thomas Jane in the lead! and Adam Jensen! it's an interesting world with a lot of intrigue and lots of social and political dynamics - the slums are vivid and well realized and so is the utopia of future Earth and a colony turned rival nation that is Mars. The characters are well written and developed [other than Amos, seriously f*ck that guy] lots of great attention to details and while it might be slightly uneven near the first half of the first season it's overall really, really well done and scratched my sci fi/cyberpunk itch.

Just started S2. Here's hoping it's better or just as good.

It is.  It's so amazing... the mid-season reveals and the way there are so many arcs, always completing, and the lack of cheap cliffhangers... this is my favorite new show by far.  Looking around used bookstores for the novels as I desperately want to read them now.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

Season 2, episode 5 is one of the best episodes of TV I have ever watched. That's all there is to say.

Every great show has that one defining episode, that one moments that makes you go ''wow, THIS IS LEGITIMATELY GOOD''. Game of Thrones had Ned Stark's death in Baelor, Mad Men had The Carousel and Peaky Blinders had the confrontation with Kimber, and this show just had it's shining moment. And it's not even mid way through the season.

Spoiler

• Grae, feckyerlife and AlienTwo like this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:49 AM

So anyone else watching the new Twin Peaks season? It's maybe my favorite thing right now. f*cks with your brain a lot more than the old show did and it's both really creepy and funny.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

Not a fan. Lynch is the type of person who if given too much leeway/freedom churns out self indulgent garbage.

• The Deadite likes this

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

I'd like to see an oriental version of Game of Thrones, like inspired by the Persian, Arabic, Mesopotamian, Hindi/Indian, Chinese and Japanese cultures and mythology.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:28 PM

I'd like to see an oriental version of Game of Thrones, like inspired by the Persian, Arabic, Mesopotamian, Hindi/Indian, Chinese and Japanese cultures and mythology.

it was called marco polo, but netflix cancelled it

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

it was called marco polo, but netflix cancelled it

Not really that, rather like fictional monarchies based on Ancient Egyptian, Persian, Mesopotamian, Hindi, Chinese, Japanese fighting each other in fictional continent(s) based on North Africa and Asia

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

Sam Shepard has passed away. I liked his perfmances in Bloodline. A show I admiteddly haven't caught up on but loved Season 1. 

https://www.nytimes....epard-dead.html

anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

Just finished Boardwalk Empire season 2, like a lot that show.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

I'm in season 3 of my Breaking Bad rewatch. It's getting really good concerning it's connections with Better Call Saul. All the major players of BCS (minus Nacho, Chuck, and Kim) are all getting a lot of screen time, but mostly Saul. In the last couple episodes I've found myself saying, "What happened to you, Jimmy." He really feels like a different character, but the thing is, unlike any other spinoff, any other series, I trust Gilligan and Gould to make that switch between Jimmy and Saul to be believable. Just like how Walter White at the beginning of BB is a completely different character than he is at the end, and you believe the change. You believe the character development.

It's just a great show. Both of them. I'm going to have to do another BCS watch through after BB.

TheFranchise
  • TheFranchise

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:18 AM Edited by TheFranchise, 09 August 2017 - 04:19 AM.

Any fellow fans of "The Blacklist" here? Wanted to create a topic post but I decided to post here. Terrific show. Been binge watching for a week now. James Spader is phenomenal.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

Any fellow fans of "The Blacklist" here? Wanted to create a topic post but I decided to post here. Terrific show. Been binge watching for a week now. James Spader is phenomenal.

it gets a little stale after the first season, but still good

TheFranchise
  • TheFranchise

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

it gets a little stale after the first season, but still good

I'm particularly excited for Liz to meet her grandfather. We all know it's gonna happen eventually. Also, I don't believe Katarina Rastova is actually dead. Raymond is lying. I'm also excited to see how Red is gonna rebuild his criminal empire. He's of no use to the task force in his current state.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:06 AM

so Netflix is going to try this...

I would normally be on board and stuff because 420.

but it's being produced by the creators of Big Bang Theory and Two n a Half Men which are horrible shows, so I'm not feeling very optimistic.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 4 weeks ago

MV5BMTU1OTcwNjg2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTk0

For starters, when did Laura Prepon get this hot? seriously, that woman makes me feel things in this show. 

And with that aside it's really, really good. All the characters are so well realized and the way the show handles prison stereotypes and social discourse around things like the criminal system and sexuality is pretty great. Really good at subverting your expectations.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 4 weeks ago

She's always done it for me. Since the first episode of That 70s Show.

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm just here to express my discomfort for the TV series Power, I'm catching up, currently on season 2, and the on demand trailers for the current season has kind of already spoiled a bit for me. Just gotta remember to skip through it before leaving the room to get some grub. Jeez.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm just here to express my discomfort for the TV series Power, I'm catching up, currently on season 2, and the on demand trailers for the current season has kind of already spoiled a bit for me. Just gotta remember to skip through it before leaving the room to get some grub. Jeez.

it can't spoil too much but i know what you mean. should just try to fast foward or watch it on starz on xbl or psn, you dont get the trailers then, 

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 3 days ago

I'm watching New Amsterdam right now and yes I admit i'm just looking for more Nikolaj Coster Waldau but it's got some surprising cast over lap with OITNB. Got to season 3 on that, still really good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users