Raavi
  • Raavi

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

Pretty good series overall, with some great music. But yeah that "German" was dreadful. Also hate the fact they couldn't be bothered to make the outside scenes in "Germany" believable, they didn't even bother to slap on an accurate german plate on the obviously American car. Terrible. Fortunately the rest of the episode was pretty strong, loved the scene where the AAG put the local judge in his place. Have yet to watch the latest episode.

S0lo
  • S0lo

Persona Non Grata

• Members
  • Olympics
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:56 PM

yeah, the outside scenes in "Germany" also caught my eye, especially the outside fire escape stairs made of metal, something that is very rarely found in Germany, but what is very common in American urban architecture. Also 2nding the music point you made, pretty much on par with "Homeland".

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

It's an American network TV show. What do you expect? It's probably all filmed in Georgia or Vancouver. Hell, the X-files made Vancouver every state and country from Wisconsin to Siberia, but mostly the north western US. And speak about accents, everyone except for the lead characters were Canadian, because that's where they filmed. Not to knock that show, it's probably my favorite.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

The Blacklist is shot in New York. To say you shouldn't expect anything more just because it's a US Network show is a pretty weak excuse, there are numerous US series that have managed to at the very least get the vehicle registration plates of other countries right. :p

Some go even above and beyond that, like the recent series "Dig", they have actually cast local actors and native speakers which gives it a very authentic feel. 

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Let's Go Bolts!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

My favorite was CSI: Miami.  They would do some location shooting in Miami, but most of it was filmed in LA.  So you would see a scene on the beach where the sun was setting.  Miami faces east, not west lol.  

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

The Blacklist is shot in New York. To say you shouldn't expect anything more just because it's a US Network show is a pretty weak excuse, there are numerous US series that have managed to at the very least get the vehicle registration plates of other countries right. :p

Some go even above and beyond that, like the recent series "Dig", they have actually cast local actors and native speakers which gives it a very authentic feel. 

It's absolutely not an excuse. But that's just the way it is. Dig is different because it's not a network show. It's on cable. Cable shows these days tend to be better quality. Not to say there aren't quality network shows, they're just harder to do, because of the amount of episodes means they have to stretch the budget. There's probably also many more execs and producers trying to leave their prints on a network show. As opposed to shows like Breaking Bad where there's a small group that's all on the same page. I'm sure AMC execs don't give many notes to Vince Gilligan or Matthew Weiner.
  • Raavi likes this

Marwin
  • Marwin

I want a name when I lose.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:02 PM

My favorite was CSI: Miami.  They would do some location shooting in Miami, but most of it was filmed in LA.  So you would see a scene on the beach where the sun was setting.  Miami faces east, not west lol.  

Oh god you just ruined the show.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Let's Go Bolts!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:25 PM

The horrible writing and campy acting is what killed that show.  I would just get a chuckle with the beach scenes at sundown is all.  Most people probably didn't realize, but having lived in Miami, I caught on pretty quick.  Sometimes you would also see the foothills outside LA in the background, which was also humorous because Miami is pretty flat.  Just bad continuity is all.  

• Marwin likes this

S0lo
  • S0lo

Persona Non Grata

• Members
  • Olympics
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:04 AM

I actually ran in to the shooting of a scene of CSI:Miami while i was in Long Beach. It was an opening scene, how i later found out when i saw the episode, of a guy running through traffic in a blood smeared white shirt.

Seeing that scene later as the episode aired when i was back in Switzerland gave me an inverted version of that eerie feeling i often had while in Los Angeles, when i'd recognize places from movies, shows and video games i had seen and played.

• Marwin likes this

Marwin
  • Marwin

I want a name when I lose.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

The horrible writing and campy acting is what killed that show.  I would just get a chuckle with the beach scenes at sundown is all.  Most people probably didn't realize, but having lived in Miami, I caught on pretty quick.  Sometimes you would also see the foothills outside LA in the background, which was also humorous because Miami is pretty flat.  Just bad continuity is all.  

I was just bantering, it's a pretty piss-poor show. Makes for great late-night couch TV, though.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:26 PM

Now that you say so I can't remember seeing any ocean sunsets in Burn Notice, and now I realize why. :p

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:17 PM

They filmed Burn Notice in Miami and southern Florida if I remember right.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Let's Go Bolts!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

That's true, also some show called "The Glades" as well, but I've never seen it.  There was a show on Comedy Central last night, something about Hollywood Florida.  Caught the tail end, but couldn't tell if it was actually filmed in Florida Hollywood, or the other one.  

*Todays post brought to you by the Florida Tourist Council.  Come to Florida (bring money).  

• Marwin likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Peeling potatoes like a pro

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:14 PM

The finale of Justified was amazing. Amazing how they managed to preserve a consistent quality for six seasons, and the ending was true to the show and the characters. Not to mention how tense it was. I was on the edge of my seat for the entire first half of the finale.

Spoiler

The final scene was also spot on f*ckin' perfect.

I'm kind of sad that we didn't have a dedicated topic about it. Or if we did, it wasn't updated as much as it should have been. Justified is easily in my top ten shows of all time.

johndivney
  • johndivney

Street Cat

• Members
  • Bahamas

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:47 AM

Louie

Oh god I nearly crapped myself at the start of e02. Best show on tv.
  • Mister Pink likes this

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:15 PM Edited by 69_black_69, 20 April 2015 - 02:15 PM.

So, i was just finished up watching Daredevil, and then i decided to watched another Netflix series, because they never let me down.

So i picked BoJack Horseman. I knew about it long time ago because i like animated cartoon, but critics review saying that it was below average kinda let me down, so i ignored it. Well now i know better. Those critics can suck a dick.

It was awesome. Yeah, not instantly hooked up by the pilot. It was bizzare and weird premise for a tv show. But since i don't have anything better to do so i binged it. Best decision ever.

Thought it was going to be another cartoon comedy shows, but it evolved beyond that.
First i was just laughing at all the jokes, but in the end, i felt like sh*t.

I didn't expected this shows would make me feel this way, which is totally a good thing.

If you haven't watched this yet, then go on ! Binged it! It's worth your time.
Now im just sitting here waiting for season 2.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:10 PM

rjbkUyD.gif

Guilty pleasure confession time. I've been watching iZombie and while the premise is absolutely preposterous, the witty writing and cheese-factor have me hooked. There is some truly terrible acting from a few supporting characters but the leads make up for it. If you're looking for something silly to watch with your girlfriend, I recommend it.

• krashr likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:25 PM

I'm waiting for the eventual Netflix release. When I have to choose between Agents of SHIELD and iZombie, AoS will win. I'm just too into the MCU right now.

Tyler
  • Tyler

JUST DO IT

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:16 AM

That penultimate episode of Mad Men gave me some feelings, I'll say that much right now. Anyone else in agony waiting for the finale?

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:27 AM

So I only find out now that Helix won't have a third season. f*ck you, Syfy.

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

New Liberty. The place I call home.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:58 PM

Watching Doctor Who: The End of Time Part 2 makes my cry everytime when David Tennant says "I don't want to go." The feels, man. The feels.  :cry:

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

just finished bloodline on netflix this weekend, great show, reminds me a lot of true detective. I found bloodline better though.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Let's Go Bolts!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:01 PM

Mad Men:

Spoiler

Helix: Really?  Hadn't seen the second season, mainly because the first was so terrible.  And not a so terrible it's funny, just terrible.  

So here's what I got:

Simpsons: Great show last night, good to see they'll be renewed for two more seasons. (might outlast me lol)

Person of Interest: Excellent Finale the other night.  CBS if you cancel this show I'm gonna kick you in the balls!

Revenge: Never saw this show, but it's been canceled.  So now they creators can get their reveeeeeeeeeeenge!  

• feckyerlife likes this

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:40 PM Edited by Mr.Scratch, 12 May 2015 - 11:40 AM.

The second season was a bit better.

And Mad Men is kind of boring.

Can't wait for this to come out, it looks great.

krashr
  • krashr

cockpuncher

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

i watched the first episode of "almost human" the other night on tv and really enjoyed it. late i know. i didn't know anything about it beforehand, but after enjoying the pilot i was a little disappointed when i looked up where it's currently at episode wise, only to see that it's already been cancelled due to high production costs or something =(

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Let's Go Bolts!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted A week ago

Anybody planning on watching the Will Ferrel/Kristen Whig movie on Lifetime?  A Deadly Adoption or something like that.  Not sure if this is legit, or trolling.  

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by darthYENIK, 5 days ago.

Hulu is releasing a few episodes of Seinfeld up until the full release. They've got the greatest hits up. The Marine Biologist, The Soup Nazi, and The Yada Yada Yada.

"The Sea was angry, that day my friends! Like an old man sending his soup back at a deli."

Edit: and the whole thing is now up. Currently watching the sniffing accountant.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 4 days ago

Watched the first episode (or well part of it because it was that bad) of season 3 of Under The Dome and it's absolute rubbish. First season was quite good, second season was meh and ended in flames, third season is off to a horrible start. Seems like they threw the whole previously established concept out of the window and thought up some bullsh*t with alternate realities and continuous jumping from past to present in its place. What a mess. 

Fortunately Hannibal was good as per usual.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Peeling potatoes like a pro

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 4 days ago

Fortunately Hannibal was good as per usual.

I don't like this season very much. It must be among the most pretentious sh*t that I've ever seen on TV. It's still watchable. But it's too bad that it's not nearly as good as the first two seasons were.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users