TV series general chat

1,438 replies to this topic
Glass Cloud
  • Glass Cloud

See you on the other side

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:46 PM

Currently re-watching Jericho for the third time. Also just got into Dr. Who and wish I had gotten into it earlier. I definitely prefer when it's more lighthearted and corny then when it tries to be serious but overall I enjoy it. One one episode in with the 2nd doctor and I'm not sure how I feel about him. 

• Alien likes this

Alien
  • Alien

I have been - and always shall be your friend.

• Premium
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

I loved Jericho until the last half of season 2.  It really felt like they knew their run was ending and they had to wrap the story up.  Pretty disappointed, but hell, it was better than how Deadwood ended.

• Spaghetti Cat likes this

Glass Cloud
  • Glass Cloud

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:59 PM

Yeah I can definitely tell it was rushed and sort of sloppy. it's such a shame cause it was suchhh a good show with all unknown actors(aside from the guy that played hawkins). But with how they ended it they could certainly pick right back up if it's ever brought back. I really hope that's something netflix eventually buys. 

• Alien likes this

Alien
  • Alien

• Premium
  • United-States
    Second Best Alien

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:06 PM

Netflix:  Every Fanboy's hope for their canceled series.

I am guilty as well... come on Star Trek Enterprise and/or Firefly(pre-dead Wash)!

• xoC18H21NO3xo likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:22 PM

I think it's just too late for a "pre-dead Wash"  TV show.  The actors are fifteen years older.  Summer Glau looks great, but she can't pull off a teenager.  Fillion doesn't look terrible either, but he's definitely aged.  I don't think we'll be seeing him waking up naked on a desert planet.

As much as I hate to admit it.  Wash couldn't be part of any new Firefly show or movie.  Good news though, he's in the MMO.

As for Star Trek, it's been far too f*cking long since they've had a new series.  And Enterprise wasn't exactly loved by fans, casual or hardcore.  They need to just get the Roddenberrys, Frankes and any other creative force involved with TNG, DS9, Voyager, and the TNG movies and just make something new.  The only issue is that the new movies are in a different timeline, and there are probably execs and studios who would want a new show to be in that timeline while the fans generally just want to go back to the original.  But then again, with a new timeline, they can pretend that the Next Generation crew didn't get together until later in life, and have a new Next Generation show.  Stewart is immortal so he could play the same age.

• Alien likes this

Alien
  • Alien

• Premium
  • United-States
    Second Best Alien

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:34 PM

Sad thing is I agree with all of the above.  That doesn't make me still long for a new Firefly or Enterprise to continue (I was one of the few who love the show, or rather, what the show was becoming in Season 4).  I don't know how a new TNG would work... besides Stewart they all have aged quite a bit.  That last episode of ENT where they showed the ENT time like as a holodeck program happening inside the TNG Episode "The Pegasus" really showed how damned old Frakes looks now. Really killed the immersion for me.    I've heard the synopsis of a ditched TV show called Star Trek: Federation that takes place a few centuries after TNG that sounded a bit promising.  Not very Roddenberry-esque but still really intriguing.

http://trekmovie.com...eries-proposal/

And yeah, Firefly is pretty much dead as a movie/TV show, I think that was a big goal with Serenity for Whedon.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

As ancient astronaut theorists predicted.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:55 PM

Don't have it in-front of me atm but as I recall the rights for Star Trek are held by two different companies.  I want to say TV is held by CBS and movies are Viacom.  Though Viacom owns CBS so I could be mistaken.  Viacom is Paramount btw.  Theres been a lot of interest, hazy but I believe Seth McFarlane on Family Guy fame wanted to do a series but was caught up in the rights battle.  So I don't think it'll be coming anytime soon.  

Couple of quick hits:

- Conan becomes the first late night comic in decades to film in Cuba.  Should air in the first part of March.  

- Last night's Simpson featured an 8-bit intro/couch gag.  Check it out if you haven't seen it.  

- Person of Interest is still kick ass.

• Alien likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:28 PM

Don't have it in-front of me atm but as I recall the rights for Star Trek are held by two different companies.  I want to say TV is held by CBS and movies are Viacom.  Though Viacom owns CBS so I could be mistaken.  Viacom is Paramount btw.  Theres been a lot of interest, hazy but I believe Seth McFarlane on Family Guy fame wanted to do a series but was caught up in the rights battle.  So I don't think it'll be coming anytime soon.  

Couple of quick hits:

- Conan becomes the first late night comic in decades to film in Cuba.  Should air in the first part of March.  

- Last night's Simpson featured an 8-bit intro/couch gag.  Check it out if you haven't seen it.  

- Person of Interest is still kick ass.

is POI more like a csi or more like a blacklist

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:38 PM

I haven't seen the Blacklist so I can't really comment.  The best description I've heard is it's like a live-action comic without the capes and sh*t.  It started out as a procedural kinda like a csi, but it's expanded out considerably.  It's kinda like The A-Team meets Lost meets the Chris Nolan Batman, but without batman, Mr. T, or polar bears.  

Great show and I'm surprised it shows on CBS.   

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:56 PM

Currently re-watching Jericho for the third time. Also just got into Dr. Who and wish I had gotten into it earlier. I definitely prefer when it's more lighthearted and corny then when it tries to be serious but overall I enjoy it. One one episode in with the 2nd doctor and I'm not sure how I feel about him. 

You've only got about 34 seasons to go thru.

Glass Cloud
  • Glass Cloud

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:09 PM

I'm just watching the 2005 reboot not going to bother watching it from the 60s. And wiki says a lot of episodes are lost so yeah/ 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:31 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 17 February 2015 - 07:06 AM.

Anyone watch the SNL 40th anniversary special?

If you're gonna watch any bit of it, watch the musical part...

Even if Dan Ackroyd is now the fat Blues Brother, and Jim Belushi is no John Belushi, especially in voice. It's got to be the greatest moment, in my opinion in the history of the show.

Edit: and I couldn't help but think about the fact that all three of the Three Amigos and half the Ghostbusters were in this show. They didn't come out and say it or anything, but damn, what if give to see the elderly Three Amigos try to do the Amigo salute...

three-amigos-salute-you-o.gif
  • xoC18H21NO3xo and Alien like this

Alien
  • Alien

• Premium
  • United-States
    Second Best Alien

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:33 PM

I really love the special, with the exception of the incredibly lame Kanya "performance".  What a f*cking arrogant, quasi-artistic hipster douche. 

• darthYENIK likes this

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:40 PM

I'm just watching the 2005 reboot not going to bother watching it from the 60s. And wiki says a lot of episodes are lost so yeah/ 

Well that's no fun. The originals are the best.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Parks and Rec finale was absolutely perfect. I kept the tears from rolling, until the tribute to Harris Wittels at the end.

I highly suggest everyone listen to the "Farts and Procreation" episodes of the Comedy Bang Bang podcast. Harris was a hilarious human being.
  • Alien likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm not going to lie. I cried a little at the end of the Star Wars Rebels season finale. The return of some old friends.

Android
  • Android

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Superior Mobile OS

Posted 3 weeks ago

Any recommendations on what TV shows I should catch up on? Maybe something on Netflix? I'm up to check anything out.

Alien
  • Alien

• Premium
  • United-States
    Second Best Alien

Posted 3 weeks ago

Any recommendations on what TV shows I should catch up on? Maybe something on Netflix? I'm up to check anything out.

Can you stand some camp?  Because Earth 2 is on Netflix, very cheesy but it's also quite good (in my opinion).  I'm a big scifi nerd though...

• Android likes this

Android
  • Android

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Superior Mobile OS

Posted 3 weeks ago

It sounds interesting. I may very well just check it out. Anything else in mind? :)
  • Alien likes this

Alien
  • Alien

• Premium
  • United-States
    Second Best Alien

Posted 3 weeks ago

I found "The 100" from CW (also on Netflix) a good watch, and Vikings (not sure if on Netflix, but it's on Hulu+).  I will say that Star Trek: The Next Generation is awesome... the best. the very best... all the Treks are available and worth a watch, including the movies (Like The Wrath of Khan which features a great Spock death scene... may he rest in peace). 

The Tudors and Weeds are great shows, although Weeds isn't as great after season 3.  All Netflix available.

• Android likes this

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

I play just what I feel.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Daniel von Bargen died on March 1. 2015, and I didn't hear anything about it. What a shame.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 3 weeks ago

Holy crap Earth 2, now that's a blast from the past! 

• Alien likes this

Alien
  • Alien

• Premium
  • United-States
    Second Best Alien

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's even got Tim Curry in it.  

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I found "The 100" from CW (also on Netflix) a good watch, and Vikings (not sure if on Netflix, but it's on Hulu+).  I will say that Star Trek: The Next Generation is awesome... the best. the very best... all the Treks are available and worth a watch, including the movies (Like The Wrath of Khan which features a great Spock death scene... may he rest in peace). 

The Tudors and Weeds are great shows, although Weeds isn't as great after season 3.  All Netflix available.

the 100 is surprisingly good for being a CW show.

• Alien likes this

Rown
  • Rown

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm not going to lie. I cried a little at the end of the Star Wars Rebels season finale. The return of some old friends.

Now that I've finally seen it I thought it was pretty good. Had it and the two previous episodes sitting on my DVR. For the most part Rebels has learned a lot from Clone Wars and that's made for a better experience. Though I hear whispers of Mary Sue watching it at times that's usually probably more of me being a cynic than any fault of the show.

It'll be interesting to see what season two brings.

Rown :rampage:

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by darthYENIK, 2 weeks ago.

I was afraid Rebels would be much more tame being on a Disney channel, but it's still got sort of an edge. I hope they get as dark as the Clone Wars Lost Missions. Those were the best episodes, because they just went so dark with killing off characters, and exploring the duality of the Clones' role as both the army for the Jedi, and then their destruction.

In other news, I own a comic a guy sold to the Comic Book Men, this week. "What If... Wolverine Became the Lord of the Vampires".

krashr
  • krashr

unleaded

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

i had a bit of a tv night last night. started with the latest flash episode, which was great. i make no secret of how much i like that show. the next two i watched were brought over by a friend who was really keen to check out these new ones- izombie and one big happy. still very early days being episode 1 of each, but i didn't mind them. izombie has an interesting premise and decent acting/writing so far and had enough to make me want to see what the next one is like. one big happy was funny in parts and stars elisha (yum) cuthbert from happy endings. it wasn't hilarious, but potentially could be if it finds a good groove.

In other news, I own a comic a guy sold to the Comic Book Men, this week. "What If... Wolverine Became the Lord of the Vampires".

sounds awesome and bad at the same time haha. did you ever read the wolvie/batman crossover called "dark claw"? i thought it was pretty cool, the villain was a sabretooth/joker cross named "hyena"

• Alien likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I haven't. I try to stay away from amalgam comics.

What if Wolverine became lord of the Vampires is probably my favorite "what if" comic. Of course like many of the "what ifs", most of the Marvel universe is killed, and it comes down to improbable team ups. In this one, Dr Strange possesses Punisher.

krashr
  • krashr

unleaded

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

it was the only amalgam i read. combining wolvie and batman, two of my favourite characters of all time, was something i couldn't resist. i had drawn my own wolvie/batman mashups before and i was happy that it was done well. i had been spoiled for so long by the pencils of kubert and writing of hama in the wolverine comics that i expected a lot. it feels unlikely marvel and dc will do anything like that again in the near future.. i know this is all horribly off topic so i'll stop there and just say you're missing out!

Spoiler

• Alien and NiggaFromGanton like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users