TV series general chat

1,391 replies to this topic
Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted A week ago

Started watching The Fall on Netflix, fairly new crime drama with Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan set in Belfast. There are 2 seasons but they are only a handful of eps each, halfway through series 1 and wow it is really gripping. With knowing the killer from the beginning, every move is unexpected. It's definitely interesting having that mirror of seeing two sides in one story and I'll be continuing a binge later on. Gillian Anderson of course is flaming in it too ;)

It is but the story is amazing, not to mention Eva Green is in her best role in it.

I've been wanting to watch this, is it nice and bloody?

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted A week ago

Oh yeah, it's like the grown up version of Hemlock Grove. I mean it's from the guys who made the recent Bond films, what do you expect?

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted A week ago

Watched the first two episodes of 12 Monkeys. Had zero expectations going in, but I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. Would recommend.

• Alien likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted A week ago Edited by darthYENIK, A week ago.

Gillian Anderson of course is flaming in it too ;)

I had such a crush on her when I was 12 years old. I was 12, so I had a crush with everyone, but she's still one I swoon over. And I watch a ton of X-Files still, and I still can't get over her. Maybe it's really a crush on Scully, but still, she's great. And she's leading the charge to bring back the X-Files in some way. Either a new movie or I hope a new series.

Edit: and this came out today... http://deadline.com/...fox-1201352465/
  • MHH, Kirsty and krashr like this

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Do anybody watch the show "Empire" on FOX? It's really good and I recommend you watch it! I enjoy the show so much I can't wait for Wednesday

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted A week ago

I had such a crush on her when I was 12 years old. I was 12, so I had a crush with everyone, but she's still one I swoon over. And I watch a ton of X-Files still, and I still can't get over her. Maybe it's really a crush on Scully, but still, she's great. And she's leading the charge to bring back the X-Files in some way. Either a new movie or I hope a new series.

Edit: and this came out today... http://deadline.com/...fox-1201352465/

I'm the same, it had been quite a while since I had seen her on TV since starting watching this new series, she is still as brilliant even without the red hair.

Someone had linked the news about the reboot talks yesterday, couldn't believe it when I saw it, AWESOME news as long as it is done right of course. To be honest I could watch "monster of the week" stories forever, I just hope they don't force a bad arc. Ideally both of them coming back would be perfection, but I could handle Gillian leading it on her own without David after seeing how good she is in The Fall.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted A week ago

Just to add (even though i don't have the link atm) FOX was also debating the possibility of another 24 mini-series, though this time with out Kiefer :(

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted A week ago

24 should not exist without Jack Bauer. Wrap his story up, and pass the baton, at least.

Alien
  • Alien

Go then; there are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted A week ago

vhyfxm.jpg

Netflix is now keeping Dr. Who!

http://variety.com/2...ies-1201407630/

• darthYENIK likes this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted A week ago

Was hoping you were gonna say Futurama was coming back...

Alien
  • Alien

Go then; there are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted A week ago

I wish.  I'm on a Futurama binge right now, started this Friday and am up to Season 3 already.  God I love that show...

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted A week ago Edited by El Diablo, A week ago.

they should have thrown more money behind Futurama and given The Simpsons the axe.

as much as I love Simpsons, it's just dead. it's not funny anymore and it hasn't been for about 10 years now, not to mention that it's just irrelevant. it's obvious that Futurama had so many more relevant and interesting stories to tell and ideas to explore. it was still going to brand new places while Simpsons were just recycling their own bits, falling back on shoe-horned celebrity appearances that made no sense.

and they're still doing it while Futurama begins to collect dust.

ugh...

• Alien and krashr like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users