1,348 replies to this topic
macbrian
  • macbrian

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

Bumping this for May Sweeps

Some of you might be of the mind that The Simpsons is getting long in the tooth. Long time fan and I've seen the good, bad, and really bad. I think that the episode they did this last Sunday was a classic. This is the LEGO-themed episode, where everything in Springfield is made of bricks. If you haven't already seen it, I highly recommend it.

Also, Person of Interest is kicking ass!

don't worry, it's still officially the most popular show on TV - quite an achievement for a show that has been running forever. Although Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are closing in... http://www.statista....n-the-internet/

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

I haven't watched The Simpsons in years, so I don't know what's going on in the show anymore.

But I don't wanna miss the season 26 premiere though, just to see which character will be killed off (although the creators recently admitted that this character might not be killed off permanently. They said he/she could return again).

Also, can anyone tell me what became of Edna Krabappel after the death of Marcia Wallace? Is she still in show? Different voice maybe?

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:03 PM

I was going to make a topic for John Oliver's new HBO show but I held off since it's just had two eps so far. They've both been hilarious, though.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

Half way through S1 of Arrow and started up GoT the other day. Which season is best for both shows?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

You can't really pick out a season for Game of Thrones, since it's serialized, and one consistent story. And of the two seasons of Arrow, the second is the better.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:52 AM

I don't watch shows on tv, I usually have 3-5 shows I watch weekly online right now it's Hannibal, Fargo, Game of Thrones and Louie. and I just marathon everything else, I finished Boardwalk Empire last week so now I'm going to start watching Arrow then maybe The Wire or The Sopranos. I tried to watch Rome but I couldn't get into it because Spartacus made me hate the Romans. What are some good shows to marathon?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:47 AM

So apparently "Girl Meets World" aired it's first episode. And they f*cking killed off Mr Feeny.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

Wait, Girl Meets World, when did this f*cking happen? lol

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:07 AM

Don't bother, it's a Disney Channel show that looks to be as uninteresting as all of their shows. I only know, because my 13 year old sister told me.

It's about Cory and Topanga's daughter who is now the age Cory was at the beginning of Boy Meets World.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:12 AM

Watched  the pilot of "Tyrant", very very interesting concept, not so sure about the execution (lack of reality and all that jazz), but worth a watch regardless.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

Watched  the pilot of "Tyrant", very very interesting concept

so it's like if Uday Hussein had his own reality TV show, yeah?

• Raavi likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

Yeah, I was curious about Tyrant as well. Looks interesting as hell. Might stream the episode tomorrow night. Thanks for heads up.

Also, curious about this Longmire show. Haven't really looked into it, anyone here watch it or seen it? Any good?

shinsshin
  • shinsshin

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:46 AM

anyone watching falling skies season 3

or any of it?

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

Anyone watching Fresh Meat? It's on the UK Netflix. Just threw on an episode not knowing anything about it and found myself getting some good laughs out of it. :D

• Voodoo likes this

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

Sad news about 'Designing Women's' Meshach Taylor. He was hilarious on that show.

http://www.cnn.com/2...h-taylor-death/

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

Yeah RIP Mr. Taylor, your were a funny guy and will be missed.  

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:53 PM

Just saw the Penny Dreadful finale, I gotta say, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite shows. The writing and acting is superb.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

Well, finally finished watching the series Rome that aired on HBO some years back. The first couple episodes were a bit boring, so I never watched it when it was released back then but after watching both seasons (sadly, there's only 2 seasons) .. I f*cking loved it. Though there were some historical errors, especially in the Battle of Philippi. I would talk more about it but I don't want to spoil it just incase someone has Comcast (Xfinity) and wants to watch it.. It's on HBO On Demand if you're interested.

Anyways, it pretty much involves Julius Caesar rising to power, then his death and young Augustus (Octavian) coming to power and eventually his rise to Emperor but the show is told through the eyes and accounts of two Roman soldiers, one is a Centurion, the other a regular foot soldier. Played by Kevin McKidd and Ray Stevenson. They both did a hell of a job and their brotherhood and all throughout the show is what sells it.. plus there's some ass kicking scenes and boobs all over as well.

My rating 7.5/10, great show.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

Seinfeld is 25 years! Love the hell out of that show

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:21 AM

I'm thinking of watching some more Spartacus. I finished Blood and Sand some time ago and never bothered with the newer series being the former lead role passed away. Is Spartacus: Vengeance and Spartacus: War of the Damned good follow-ups? Oh and the prequel entries they did with Spartacus: Gods of the Arena .. any worth the watch?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

I'm thinking of watching some more Spartacus. I finished Blood and Sand some time ago and never bothered with the newer series being the former lead role passed away. Is Spartacus: Vengeance and Spartacus: War of the Damned good follow-ups? Oh and the prequel entries they did with Spartacus: Gods of the Arena .. any worth the watch?

if you liked blood and sand then yes its worth watching, at first it was hard for me to get used to Liam McIntyre as spartacus, but maybe thats because i marathoned the whole show chronologically and didn't have a break between the change, and I really liked Gods of the Arena it was my second favourite season. 

• GunWrath likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

Yeah, I watched acouple episodes of Gods of the Arena last night.. pretty good.. I just wished they'd focus less on all the tits and ass and show more killing. Either way though, damn good show. I'm not sure how I'll feel with a new Spartacus either but I guess I'll find out soon enough. Thanks for the heads up.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

On episode 3 now, Tyrant is getting better and better, slowly but surely becoming my favourite TV Show. I absolutely love the complexity of the protagonist and that unlike in many other shows the motivations of the side characters actually make sense. 

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

Sorry Tyrant just isn't for me.  Too much bare-ass torture and penis biting for my tastes.  

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

Finished Gods of the Arena.. other than acouple episodes from Blood and Sand, this one was by far my favorite so far. I still have the other two in the series to watch though, Vengeance and War of the Damned. Kinda dreading the last season, because I know Spartacus eventually falls going by history.. but yeah, good show. Definitely filling that void since GoT is on break.

I might pick up on the Tyrant as well to mix it up.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

Currently watching through Elementary - or as I call it, "Legs" (Lucy Liu has some fine ones :p) - neat little detective show. Love it. Also only just getting back into Dexter again, about mid-ways in season five where I left off. Can't wait for the new season of Sons of Anarchy. :)

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:06 AM

The mentalist anyone?

kk.
  • kk.

So long

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:35 PM Edited by Syndrome, 14 July 2014 - 01:35 PM.

Started to watch New Girl season 2 today. I really liked first one, so I hope this one will be good too.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

I watch a bit of New Girl. I think a lot of men are afraid of it, because "girl" is in the title, and a "girl" is the main character. But the humor is pretty broad, appealing to both sexes.

kk.
  • kk.

So long

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

I watch a bit of New Girl. I think a lot of men are afraid of it, because "girl" is in the title, and a "girl" is the main character. But the humor is pretty broad, appealing to both sexes.

I read somewhere that original title was supposed to be Chicks and Dicks. And so far I like season 2 (5 episodes watched, I would watch more but I need to sleep).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users