TV series general chat

1,288 replies to this topic
Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

Something quite random - I've been DVRing Malcolm in the Middle lately. I have to say that for as much ass Bryan Cranston kicks in Breaking Bad, I think watching him as Hal is even better, he has got to be one of my favorite characters of all time.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

I agree. I was just thinking that the other day when watching Breaking Bad. I like Hal much better than Walt. And then I started thinking how easy it would be for Walt to trick Hal into cooking meth with him.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

Haha. Yeah, his physical comedy is just awesome. How he reacts to certain things, especially when surprised ha, his screams are the best.

Or something like this, lol

DarrenC1888
  • DarrenC1888

Celtic FC Manchester United Champions!

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Mon the Cheers!!!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

This needs to be bumped.

I'm pretty bummed about Copper being cancelled.  I thought it was a good show.  Especially the last few episodes of the second season.  And then they ended on a goddamn cliff hanger.

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

This needs to be bumped.

If you say so.

I basically just blasted through Californication in the last two weeks or so. My TV viewing has been at a record low for the last couple months and a friend recommended this show to me after saying I was like a character on it. David Duchovny has always been one of my favorite actors due to The X-Files, but this show does a good job of showing off his chops. He plays Hank Moody better than anyone else could. The whole cast is really fun and the subject matter is great. I've caught up with the show and looked up a consensus on the Internet and many people seem to have mixed feelings about the show. I can understand that but for me this is the first Showtime program I've enjoyed past the first season. The writing is funny as it gets at times and the lulls don't seem too bad considering that it's a mostly light-hearted, 28-minute episode kind of show. I'd definitely recommend anyone here check it out if you get the chance.

Other than that, I've been watching Rick and Morty on Adult Swim which has been great, and I've been rewatching It's Always Sunny and The X-Files. What's everyone else up to? I hear House of Cards is worth a watch and now that I'm using Netflix again I might watch it.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

Just realized that i miss Breaking Bad so much. It's the first series that got me into watching a lot of tv shows i've missed (Here in my country, everything in the TV is super-sh*t).
A lot of them was good, but not as good as BrBa.

Most memorable scene for me is when Walter White shout

Spoiler
It is so perfect. Nothing ever topped that scene in my mind.

Anyway, for the newest series i enjoyed is Brooklyn Nine-Nine. It's the most funniest thing i've ever watch lately.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

Sorry for the dopost, but can anybody here help me on identifying an old tv series? I watched it on local tv station years ago when i was a kid.

It's about a boy, visiting an old antique bookstore called 'curiosity' i think, or is it the name of the book, i don't know.
There he met an old man, recommending a book about some fairy tale. And after that, i forgot.
All i remember is that what happen next is about the story in the book, fighting evil forces and sh*t. There's green everywhere. It's look like a kids show.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:07 AM

Sounds like the Neverending Story, which was a movie, but I think there was also a short lived TV show, called Tales of the Neverending Story.
  • 69_black_69 likes this

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:03 AM

@Darthyenik

Ohh, thanks for that. Yes, the one i watched is the tv show one.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:21 AM

Star Wars the Clone Wars the complete series is now on Netflix. Including "the Lost Missions" which were episodes that were completed after Disney bought Lucasfilm, and sat on a shelf when they ended the show after the 5th season. So the new episodes wrap up some big plot points and fill in some blanks that were there between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 13 March 2014 - 05:36 PM.

First image of fully costumed Matt Ryan as John Constantine...  http://comicbook.com...ntine-released/

Dead on to what he looks like in the comics.  Sure looks better than Keanu Reeves.  

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just flicked through Netflix and seen that they've put quite a lot on there since my last visit. American Horror Story was one of the additions. I never got to watch the show because I was quite busy around the time the first season premiered on FOX. I'm contemplating whether or not to finally start watching the show. I've heard good things.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I loved the first two seasons of American Horror Story. The third was kind of boring.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Group: Epsilonist

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Watching Lost now ( s04e06 now ). It is abso-f*cking-lutely brilliant!

So when does it supposedly start going "downhill"?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Supposedly season 4 or 5 is when people stopped liking it. I thought it was fun.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 4 weeks ago

I loved the entire series and it never really went downhill in my personal opinion. The ending was a bit confusing for me though (still not exactly sure what happened there to be totally honest)

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I used to watch lost when I was a kid, I think I got to the season where they opened a hatch or something but I don't really remember any of it, I might try watching it again if I have the time

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by The-King, 3 weeks ago.

This needs to be bumped.

I'm pretty bummed about Copper being cancelled.  I thought it was a good show.  Especially the last few episodes of the second season.  And then they ended on a goddamn cliff hanger.

Yeah, I'm pretty furious that both it and Ripper Street are being cancelled. At least Luther is going to continue on and I really like the direction it's taking with the seasonal four episode mini-series thing.

Flynny
  • Flynny

16 5 5

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Flynny, 3 weeks ago.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PSYCH IS ALMOST OVER NO NO F*CKING NO!

I am gonna miss this show so much, this show am dancing (literally) into my life not that long ago now and I binged the first 6 and a half seasons and I laughed so damn much. 

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

The actual best show on now is Hannibal, is anyone watching this.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PSYCH IS ALMOST OVER NO NO F*CKING NO!

I am gonna miss this show so much, this show am dancing (literally) into my life not that long ago now and I binged the first 6 and a half seasons and I laughed so damn much. 

I'm gonna miss it, too.  But I think this is a good point to end it.  Do it while the show is still good.

With Burn Notice ending last year, and Psych this year, I have no reason to watch the USA Network.

• Tyler likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 3 weeks ago

Only one episode left, right? It's a rare thing to have a show that's been constantly amazing for 8 seasons. I love every character in that show. Pineapples FTW!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I just discovered that the complete series of the Shield is on Hulu plus. I've never seen it, but love the first episode so far.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by The Yokel, 3 weeks ago.

Psych finale was beautiful. Another one in the rare bunch of shows that didn't f*ck up the ending.

Spoiler

Flynny
  • Flynny

16 5 5

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Flynny, 3 weeks ago.

Psych finale was beautiful. Another one in the rare bunch of shows that didn't f*ck up the ending.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by The Yokel, 3 weeks ago.

Spoiler

That's what I love about Psych the most. Every character is kindhearted.

Flynny
  • Flynny

16 5 5

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Spoiler

That's what I love about Psych the most. Every character is kindhearted.

Lassiter is my favourite cos he started out so straight-laced but he embraced the madness as time went on.

He should ahve told Karen Vick though.

I remember seeing one of the out-takes and timothy Omundson just dancing about singing and I could not stop laughing, i think it was on a Halloween episode or a yang episode.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just started watching Lillyhammer on Netflix. What caught my attention was the fact that the guy who played Silvio in The Sopranos is the main character in it. I can never remember the actor's name, though. It's no The Sopranos and from what I've seen in the episode so far, it seems that the show will be a drama/comedy. Either that, or it's just really, really bad; it seems more like a dark comedy to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users