TV series general chat

1,340 replies to this topic
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Season 4 of Justified is over. God damn that show is perfect. Amazing writing and acting. Personally, it's my favorite cop show. Now I can't wait for season 5.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Anyone watching Vikings? Looking good so far.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Yeah Vikings is pretty good. Can't say I'm an avid watcher, but the bits ive seen have been good.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Anyone caught Spartacus War of the Damned? I completely lost contact with this show somehow, didn't even realise it was back on until I read in the paper this morning about the season finale.. Jupiter's cock! I quite enjoyed the first couple of seasons.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 16:41)
Anyone caught Spartacus War of the Damned? I completely lost contact with this show somehow, didn't even realise it was back on until I read in the paper this morning about the season finale.. Jupiter's cock! I quite enjoyed the first couple of seasons.

Spartacus is like Hollyoaks meets 300. Plenty of eye candy for both, but little substance.

Check out Game of Thrones Kirsty icon14.gif

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 20:13)
Check out Game of Thrones Kirsty icon14.gif

Oh yes, Game of Thrones is already on my watch list; although I've only watched the first ep of season 3 so far. I'm not a book reader but it's definitely a great series, I'd watch it for the opening sequence and music alone icon14.gif

Still, I enjoyed all the Spartacus seasons even though it's not exactly on the same level of other shows. I enjoyed the first season and the prequel the most. Quite sad for the actor that played him died though, I just felt compelled to keep watching after that, so far the new guy is doing him justice.

Shogun Of Japan
  • Shogun Of Japan

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Spartacus is f*cking NC-17 sh*t, it's like that tv show Rome with all that nudity and swearing stuff. It's good, but it's not weak hearted. I watched first episode of Spartacus 2 (the 2011 one) - and the brothel scene was pushing it.
It's alright since it's free on HBO (I know it's Starz show, but for me it is on HBO) I don't know the first guy who played him died, I started with the new guy. For me it's Rome + 300 = Spartacus. But the mentions of slang term for dick/penis, it's annoying once and a while. Women didn't wear bras then either? Wow. Anyways English wasn't the language they spoke back then, but this is a British show, right? So obviously English is the choice. I might watch episode 2, but not now since it's hard to watch sh*t like this, swearing is f*cking everywhere like this post ROFL.

/rant of episode 1 (Vengeance) - I've yet to watch War of the Damned.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Rasta Blasta!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

I was flicking through the TV not long ago when I came across a show called 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?'
Improvisational comedy game show in which four players act out various comic games and sketches.

It started back in 1998 to 2006. Rumors are that they might return the show, but it would possibly be new characters. I'm really getting into this show a lot, something to kill time.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

after 8 years the face of the mother is revealed
she looks a lot like someone I know, 2 people actually but is a spitting image of one in terms of face and build

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

Anybody watch Doctor Who tonight? I was stoked for it , and it didn't disappoint. New monsters, genuinely tense scenes and what a ending!! Not expecting that at all!!

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:01 PM Edited by NCONiall, 18 May 2013 - 10:05 PM.

QUOTE (Valenta @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 22:55)
Anybody watch Doctor Who tonight? I was stoked for it , and it didn't disappoint. New monsters, genuinely tense scenes and what a ending!! Not expecting that at all!!

I did. It was really interesting and the ending was spectacular. From what I've gathered John Hurt is a hidden incarnation of the Doctor, the one who had committed the genocide of the Daleks and the Time Lords during the time war.

Annoyed that I'll have to wait 6 months in order to see if any of that is true but if it is then it explains a great deal about the war and why the Doctor is so ashamed of that incarnation.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (NCONiall @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 22:01)

I did. It was really interesting and the ending was spectacular. From what I've gathered John Hurt is a hidden incarnation of the Doctor, the one who had committed the genocide of the Daleks and the Time Lords during the time war.

Annoyed that I'll have to wait 6 months in order to see if any of that is true but if it is then it explains a great deal about the war and why the Doctor is so ashamed of that incarnation.

And the fact that it still pains him to talk about anything related to it.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 19 May 2013 - 01:31 AM.

thanks for reminding me

they say that f*cking season 9 of HIMYM will take place over the wedding... so expect flashbacks and maybe getting the story from her point of view etc etc.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by Valenta, 04 June 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Well, that I didn't see coming.
I expected him to last into 2014, at least.
Slightly old news, but I've only just found this out and my Internet has been down all day.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Just saw that today, and I have no idea how it took me this long to find out. As you said, I expected him to last at least one more series. I could've swore that I heard a while back that Smith was commissioned for at least one more series. Let's hope it's not another, "I don't want to go," regeneration in which everyone instantly antagonises the new actor. Still though, Smith was a brilliant doctor.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (NCONiall @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 22:14)
Just saw that today, and I have no idea how it took me this long to find out. As you said, I expected him to last at least one more series. I could've swore that I heard a while back that Smith was commissioned for at least one more series. Let's hope it's not another, "I don't want to go," regeneration in which everyone instantly antagonises the new actor. Still though, Smith was a brilliant doctor.

they will instantly hate the new guy cos he is not the old guy
as in hate him for the first 10 seconds he gets introduced
they will love his successor in time...

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

Didn't know we were taking Doctor Who in here. Yeah, like every Doctor, you don't want to see him leave, but then the new guy comes in and you realize it's the same character, and they've done a good job in casting.

As for the finale, my jaw dropped when the shadowy Doctor turned around and revealing that he's John Hurt.

What are your guy's thoughts on Clara? I'm gonna go out and say she's probably my favorite companion, at least from the past three doctors.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 21:46)
QUOTE (NCONiall @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 22:14)

Every actor who's taken up the role of the Doctor have experienced some form of this with the exception of William Hartnell and possibly Paul McGann. It's almost mandatory for it to happen.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 22:46)

Yeah. Still though, I remember all those hate videos after Tennants regeneration. When Smith became the Doctor the series really became global, and he is now globally affiliated with being the Doctor. But as darthYENIK said, they do a bloody good job with casting, and here's hoping they so a good send-off.

QUOTE (darthYENIK)
What are your guy's thoughts on Clara? I'm gonna go out and say she's probably my favorite companion, at least from the past three doctors.

I think she's a brilliant companion; she brings comedy to the series, and her role isn't just that of a damsel in distress. I've seen some people hate on her though, one argument being that she is too pretty. whatsthat.gif

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:17 PM Edited by Valenta, 10 June 2013 - 11:03 AM.

QUOTE (NCONiall @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 11:38)
QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 22:46)

Yeah. Still though, I remember all those hate videos after Tennants regeneration. When Smith became the Doctor the series really became global, and he is now globally affiliated with being the Doctor. But as darthYENIK said, they do a bloody good job with casting, and here's hoping they so a good send-off.

QUOTE (darthYENIK)

I think she's a brilliant companion; she brings comedy to the series, and her role isn't just that of a damsel in distress. I've seen some people hate on her though, one argument being that she is too pretty. whatsthat.gif

Too pretty? I think she's perfect for the role.
On the subject of Doctor Who, I've found this documentary which was made for the 40th anniversary:

EDIT: Found this.
user posted image
It's fine. Didn't need sleep tonight.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 04:02)

She's my favorite companion too.

I really loved seeing her in the Nightmare in Silver episode. She took charge and she proved herself to be a pretty good leader - that was cool to see.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:52 PM

This should be an official trailer.

I know it's slightly out of date, but it still makes my spine shiver from sheer awesomeness.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

Bit of a bump here, but there's no House of Cards topic and I need to get this off my chest:

PETER NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He was just wanted to do good, but couldn't stop f*cking up. Poor, poor, loveable, broken f*ck-up. god damn it

btw House of Cards is f*cking good and you should all watch it. It stars Kevin Spacey as a ruthless politician, produced and sometimes directed by David Fincher. Found out today it's not a miniseries! So stoked about the existence of a next season.

\o/

Watch it.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

I think I've heard about it before but never got around to see it. Political drama, huh? Not exactly my cup of tea but I'd like to try it since I have only two shows namley Dexter and True Blood to watch at the moment. Is it available on Netflix? Up till how many episodes/seasons have been aired so far? I've subscribed to Netflix (Don't have any cable subscription, strictly internet and OTA for me), so I might check it out.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

It's about as much a political drama as The Wire is a cops and robbers show. OK, that's a gross exaggeration but it's not that focused on politics per se, the characters are what's interesting in my opinion. Thirteen episodes have been aired so far, and it's a Netflix original so I'd assume it's still on there.

The production alone makes it worth it. It's HBO-tier TV.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:28 AM Edited by rudy., 27 July 2013 - 05:36 AM.

Fnorg, dude, I just finished episode 3 and am all in tounge.gif . Strangely, the political intrigue is right up my alley. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright just effing own the screen, IMO. I love Kevin's character especially. I agree with what you said about him, dude's effin' ruthless. He is a force of nature in this and the rest of the cast is excellent. I havenít figured out his wife yet and what she is actually doing at her job but I like their marriage and like that they are partners in it. I also like Zoe the young journalist and wonder what her end game will be.

Imma report back again after I've finished the remaining the 10 episodes.

P.S I heard that there's also an UK version on this?

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

UK version is set after the Thatcher administration, made in the early to mid 1990s. Not sure if I want to see that.

I've got two eps left and holy motherf*ck do I hate/admire Frank. At least Peter got to go out peacefully. That sh*t was cold as ice.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:10 PM Edited by rudy., 29 July 2013 - 02:20 PM.

Just finished watching it. This was an alright show that I will probably watch again to see what I missed the first time. I liked being able to watch episodes all at once.

I never realized that Zoe's sister was the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but I definitely saw the resemblance in the first place. And am I the only one who hates Zoe? She was lazy, entitled and didn't seem to be all that good at her job. It seemed like in the last episode she finally became a "reporter," and I don't really buy that sh*t.

And I felt sad for Peter too. I should have seen it coming, I mean, even earlier in the season when Frank had him in the tub, I was like "is he LITERALLY going to give him the razor?!" and then he did so it shouldn't have been shocking. But I was rooting for him, I did believe that he had the potential to be good and not the strength, there was too much working against and that's why Frank chose him.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 16:10)
I never realized that Zoe's sister was the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but I definitely saw the resemblance in the first place. And am I the only one who hates Zoe? She was lazy, entitled and didn't seem to be all that good at her job. It seemed like in the last episode she finally became a "reporter," and I don't really buy that sh*t.

I don't agree with that entirely, because she did do a lot of work to get those stories out. She took a lot of risks and put herself in danger. But turning into Woodward and Bernstein in the space of two episodes was a bit far-fetched, even though her reasons for finding a 'passion' for reporting are understandable. I'm probably alone on this one, but I actually enjoyed watching the relationship between her and Lucas evolve.

I also recently finished it, and I absolutely loved it. I'd definitely put it up in my top five list of shows currently running. Frank Underwood is a very interesting character, but ultimately I enjoyed Peter's story more. Such a shame they won't have Corey Stoll on the show any more. Hopefully he'll get some love from the awards, but it'll probably be a sh*tfest no matter if he puts himself up as a supporting or lead actor with all the competition. Definitely the stand-out for me.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 09:25)
I don't agree with that entirely, because she did do a lot of work to get those stories out. She took a lot of risks and put herself in danger. But turning into Woodward and Bernstein in the space of two episodes was a bit far-fetched, even though her reasons for finding a 'passion' for reporting are understandable. I'm probably alone on this one, but I actually enjoyed watching the relationship between her and Lucas evolve.

Understandable, but still her story-line wasn't very well handled, was it?

Sure, she took lotsa of risks and put herself in danger but still she was just reaping the benefits of f*cking someone powerful who wanted a mouthpiece. And then she becomes so disgusted that he was using her? Sorry, but it didn't work well for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users