TV series general chat

1,288 replies to this topic
Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Thursday, Oct 25 2012, 08:04)
Just finished up season 6 of Psych, love how that last episode had that whole LA Noire vibe. But what a terrifying last scene that was.

Oh gee, thanks for reminding me of that huge, ridiculous cliffhanger. Loved the episode, though. Chinatown is great, can't believe it took them this long to do an episode based on it.
QUOTE (mrpain)
Then there's Homeland to check out with you lads hyping it up so good.

best show

Watch it.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Holy crap, just watched last week's episode of Fringe. From the reunion with Broyles to Etta getting shot it was a rollercoaster of emotion. I just wish they would've got that damn Observer leader guy.

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Why doesn't Homeland have it's own thread. WHY!?!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:24 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 10 November 2012 - 04:20 AM.

I keep telling myself I'm gonna make one after I catch up on the new episode. But one episode turned into two, and now tonight it'll be three.

So I've been watching Arrow. It could be better, but the previews for next week showed Deathstroke, so it might get better.

EDIT: Arrow could be great if they show more of this...
user posted image

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 23:49)
Season 2 of Person of Interest cool.gif

Am I seriously the only one watching this show? Because it's freakin' awesome.

Late reply, but you're not the only one. I love this show. I've watched all the episodes twice already. It's got me completely hooked.

Being a Nolan/Batman fan that I am, I can't help but notice the similarities. This is almost like watching Batman without the cape and cowl. Reese looks/talks/fights like Bale, with Mr. Finch being the equivalent of Alfred. Then we have Carter who could be the equivalent of Gordon. All this makes me feel warm inside. It's almost as if Jonathan Nolan wanted to continue Batman on the small screen. Anyone can be a hero; in this case, the man in the suit.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 12:41)
Season 2 of Person of Interest  cool.gif

Late reply, but you're not the only one. I love this show. I've watched all the episodes twice already. It's got me completely hooked.

Being a Nolan/Batman fan that I am, I can't help but notice the similarities. This is almost like watching Batman without the cape and cowl. Reese looks/talks/fights like Bale, with Mr. Finch being the equivalent of Alfred. Then we have Carter who could be the equivalent of Gordon. All this makes me feel warm inside. It's almost as if Jonathan Nolan wanted to continue Batman on the small screen. Anyone can be a hero; in this case, the man in the suit.

Finch is like a perfect fusion of Lucius Fox and Alfred.

The show is getting better and better every week and I love it since the pilot last year. It has everything a guy like me wants in a spy show. Conspiracy, mystery, spy action, shady characters and organizations. And what a fun cliffhanger this week.

As for Michael Emerson, I can't decide who I like more, Harold Finch or Benjamin Linus. What an amazing actor.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

Holy f*cking sh*t. Just watched the Homeland finale. How can this show be so f*cking good?

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Beats me...

Though, to be honest, they should have just killed Brody. But they pulled off what they did well, even though it's not what I would have wished for. One of the producers said Brody might not even show up in S3 and then just pop up so next season might be really interesting. I can't imagine Saul will get to keep his position for long, but it'll be fun to see how it plays out. There's till lots of interesting ways this could go down, even though it's a bit tired by now.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 10:54)
QUOTE (Girish @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 12:41)
Season 2 of Person of Interest cool.gif

Finch is like a perfect fusion of Lucius Fox and Alfred.

The show is getting better and better every week and I love it since the pilot last year. It has everything a guy like me wants in a spy show. Conspiracy, mystery, spy action, shady characters and organizations. And what a fun cliffhanger this week.

As for Michael Emerson, I can't decide who I like more, Harold Finch or Benjamin Linus. What an amazing actor.

Am I the only one who wants a Fusco and Bear spin-off?

JohnGallows
  • JohnGallows

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 06:00)
Holy f*cking sh*t. Just watched the Homeland finale. How can this show be so f*cking good?

Nah, i feel that this show has jumped the shark and turned into 24 this season . The first season was great but unfortunately this one did not live to its expectations .

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 04:33)
Beats me...

Though, to be honest, they should have just killed Brody. But they pulled off what they did well, even though it's not what I would have wished for. One of the producers said Brody might not even show up in S3 and then just pop up so next season might be really interesting. I can't imagine Saul will get to keep his position for long, but it'll be fun to see how it plays out. There's till lots of interesting ways this could go down, even though it's a bit tired by now.

Yeah, I thought it would've been pretty crazy, and a nice twist if Carrie shot Brody when she pulled the gun on him after the explosion. But I'm interested to see what happens to Brody. I can't see him just hiding out in Canada, but what is there for him to do? Walden is dead, Nazir is dead, I don't see a way for him to clear his name when it comes to the Langley bombing. He seems like he's truly f*cked. I hope they don't get lazy and just write a easy excuse to get him out if the situation.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

Any of you remember this?

Still funny as hell. lol.gif

Master Headhunter
  • Master Headhunter

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Hi all I've just been going through 'Lost' for the last couple of days, gotta say I'm rather fond of the suspense aspect of it all.
Although I'm saddened that I don't have a series lined up to view after this is over and haven't been able to find a similar type of show.
Suggestions anyone.
Something like this, and prison break type of route, genre wise.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (Master Headhunter @ Wednesday, Jan 2 2013, 19:04)
Hi all I've just been going through 'Lost' for the last couple of days, gotta say I'm rather fond of the suspense aspect of it all.
Although I'm saddened that I don't have a series lined up to view after this is over and haven't been able to find a similar type of show.
Suggestions anyone.

Breaking Bad, Dexter, Homeland, Sons of Anarchy

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

So i like watching Night Spring mini episodes from Alan Wake.
And is there anything like this in real life? A TV series with a supernatural, mistery, horror, kind of thing?

It's said that Night Springs inspired by Twilight Zone series. So, is it that good?

Flynny
  • Flynny

16 5 5

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:09 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 03 January 2013 - 06:15 PM.

QUOTE (Pagelzilla @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 16:02)
QUOTE (Master Headhunter @ Wednesday, Jan 2 2013, 19:04)
Suggestions anyone.

Breaking Bad, Dexter, Homeland, Sons of Anarchy

and 24.

@ black 69
perhaps try fringe, a few shows come to mind with that description, nothing truly exceptional but a few decent shows
fringe, well season 1 of fringe at least
and sanctuary being shows I know first hand, not so much horror nor mystery (in the latter, bit of mystery in the first)

but as said nothing exceptional
2 more shows come to mind but they only lasted 1 season, I rather liked them, and the 2nd of these I really wsh had stayed on but oh well.
the event
flashforward
these 2 are not horror at all but supernatural and mystery

and if you have nothing against anime deathnote also falls under supernatural and considered a thriller

been told something called supernatural is good, never tried it (is it good, anyone?)

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

What's coming back on reasonably soon? I know Archer and Justified are set to premiere in January and The Walking Dead and Community in February but other than that I'm stumped. I feel like I had more stuff to watch last year.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Another terrific episode of PoI last night.
Even with a bunch of flashbacks, it felt fluid and fresh.
Also; a dual-wealding Det. Fusco!
Which reminds me...

Dear CBS,

Get cracking on that Fusco and Bear spin-off!

-SC

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

On season 5 of Oz, great show, Way underrated/unkown.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Just finished 3 season of Boardwalk Empire. Man is that show amazing. First season is tough but the pay-off is amazing. Watch it!

Re-watching The Wire and The Sopranos and I was going to watch Oz but that didn't happen. I've also got Game of Thrones to get through. I started Son's of Anarchy when it first started but didn't finish season 2. I also started Breaking Bad but didn't catch up for a long time.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 22:18)
What's coming back on reasonably soon? I know Archer and Justified are set to premiere in January and The Walking Dead and Community in February but other than that I'm stumped. I feel like I had more stuff to watch last year.

Speaking of Justified, season premiere was awesome. It just keeps getting better and better.

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Started watching Sons of Anarchy. f*cking awesome show! Watched 8 episodes of the 1st season, gonna watch the others tomorrow.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Finally got around to watching the Fringe finale. Although the last season was not the traditional Fringe story, I enjoyed it for the most part. The finale itself was good. Like the rest of the season it had a few parts that led us down memory lane, and previous Fringe cases, with Peter and Olivia putting various past diseases and parasites and chemical weapons in the ventilation system of the Observer headquarters. I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up when Walter was reunited with Gene the cow, and when he told Astrid that she had a beautiful name and revealing that he was just messing with her the whole time when he never got her name right. And of course when September died, and Walter had to go through the wormhole.

All in all, it was a satisfying ending to a great show.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

The acclaimed Game of Thrones author has inked an overall development deal with HBO. Under the two-year agreement that was first reported on Deadline.com, Martin will develop and produce new shows for the premium cable network.

http://insidetv.ew.c...velopment-deal/

icon14.gif

As a book fan, I am a bit dismayed, as this means the books will be even longer apart. However, more quality TV is also good.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:08 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 06 March 2013 - 09:08 AM.

Anyone still watching Justified?

Is the show trying to make me think that Shelby Parlow is Drew Thompson in order to trick me, or is it really that obvious?

EDIT: One week later and now my suspicion is confirmed.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

^ just wanted to throw in that I think Tim O has been killing it this season on Justified

Flynny
  • Flynny

16 5 5

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

been watching psych a lot really
so silly but so so funny lol.gif

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Watching a pretty old one. Brotherhood, from 2006-2008. It stars Jason Isaacs and Jason Clarke as the main protagonists. Isaacs is the gangster and Clarke is the politician, and what is more fascinating is their blood bond (brothers). It also stars the beautiful Annabeth Gish, the amazing Freddie Cork, the fascinating Fiona C. Erickson and the utter legend, Fionnula Flanagan.

Set in an Irish neighbourhood in Providence, the series reflects around two brothers on opposite sides of the law: one a gangster (Jason Isaacs) and the other a politician (Jason Clarke).

http://www.imdb.com/...7229/?ref_=sr_2

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

I will finish Lost soon.
I am on S06 E10 right now and it gets better and better!
This show changed my life!

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

I guess this is the place where I can post my question.

If anyone who has been watching How I met your mother until the beginning of the show until now, I'd like someone to explain what the f*ck is that 20th episode of season 8? (last published episode - yesterday)? I watched the episode today and I am very confused right now. A couple of Barneys, a couple of Teds which are there, but aren't there. And that scene at his future wife's apartment.. I mean, what the freaking f*ck..?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users