TV series general chat

1,348 replies to this topic
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

Just saw the first 2 episodes of Person of Interest.Holy f***,this is my new favorite show.It looks exactly like Watch_Dogs! wow.gif

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 19:24)
Just saw the first 2 episodes of Person of Interest.Holy f***,this is my new favorite show.It looks exactly like Watch_Dogs! wow.gif

one question. is it a crime thingy?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 19:36)
Just saw the first 2 episodes of Person of Interest.Holy f***,this is my new favorite show.It looks exactly like Watch_Dogs!  wow.gif

Yes.It is about 2 people who try to stop crimes before they happen.It's the best TV show I've ever seen.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 19:38)
QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 19:36)
Just saw the first 2 episodes of Person of Interest.Holy f***,this is my new favorite show.It looks exactly like Watch_Dogs!  wow.gif

Yes.It is about 2 people who try to stop crimes before they happen.It's the best TV show I've ever seen.

huh, so that futurama episode I saw recently must have been a spoof of that (as these animated comedies love to do spoofs of real life shows, movies and even events)
I will try it out when my current cohort of TV show watchings is done

thanks

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

The Dexter premiere was pretty good. Looks like the tension and suspense that we saw in the first four seasons is making a come back.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, Oct 1 2012, 05:33)
The Dexter premiere was pretty good. Looks like the tension and suspense that we saw in the first four seasons is making a come back.

Yeah, it is about damn time. There is a dexter season 7 thread, I put a few opinions/predictions there, better not mention them here (spoilers you know) plus it would be good to get that thread nice and active for the next 11 weeks (as active as it can be with the few dexter fans we have as GTAF regulars) wink.gif

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

Homeland is off to a strong start. Moments like the one where the family is all flared up because of Brody's Islam, Carrie being back in action (my knees buckled when she walked away from her 'husband' smiling and I watch TV lying down) and the safe scene perfectly sum up why this show is the best on right now. Of the fall shows at least.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Thursday, Sep 27 2012, 12:56)
I got this feeling with the middle and malcolm in the middle, looked very similar so i thought i would try it
look at the young kid in the middle, looks an awful lot like dewey but with brown hair, and sounds like him. the daughter reminds me of reece in some ways (in terms of lack of intelligence) and the mother looks like lois (but is a completely different character) and i thought the father would be like Hal (being played by neil flynn and all) but he is boring in that, unlike he was in scrubs.

it looked pretty much the same turned out very different and very sh*t

So your problem with a show is that it's not like another show at all? Eh? Not a fan of original ideas there Nate?

FYI, The Middle is very f*cking funny. And not because of Pat Heaton, more in spite of her. The kids on The Middle are hilarious.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:04 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 01 October 2012 - 03:16 PM.

QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Monday, Oct 1 2012, 14:01)
QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Thursday, Sep 27 2012, 12:56)
I got this feeling with the middle and malcolm in the middle, looked very similar so i thought i would try it
look at the young kid in the middle, looks an awful lot like dewey but with brown hair, and sounds like him. the daughter reminds me of reece in some ways (in terms of lack of intelligence) and the mother looks like lois (but is a completely different character) and i thought the father would be like Hal (being played by neil flynn and all) but he is boring in that, unlike he was in scrubs.

it looked pretty much the same turned out very different and very sh*t

So your problem with a show is that it's not like another show at all? Eh? Not a fan of original ideas there Nate?

FYI, The Middle is very f*cking funny. And not because of Pat Heaton, more in spite of her. The kids on The Middle are hilarious.

no
the reason I tried it out - it looked like malcolm in the middle, a show I loved, and Neil Flynn was in it
reason I hated it - cos I thought it was sh*te, not once did I laugh, neil Flynn was nothing like in his role as the janitor he was boring, no improv in his lines (like in scrubs)
I found Brick funny, his elder brother had nothing about him for me, and the daughter had a few decent moments, other than that, no, I took the decision it is not worth it for me.

Had it been like MitM I would ahve been happy (had it been a just a clone I would have been pissed off) MitM was awesome, the brothers were just so funny, one of my favourite moments in that was when they are firing balloons filled with various substances, and other unpleasant things like once a dirty daiper, from their roof with a giant catapult, with francis (the master, it was hit freaking idea)

when I first saw HIMYM i thought that barney, was francis, as in same actor, it's not they just looks quite similar

and yeah I need to finish season 1 (got distracted ) this week so on sundays I can watch dexter season 7 and homeland on the showtime live stream
2 words
"BOO" and "YAH"

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Monday, Oct 1 2012, 09:36)
Homeland is off to a strong start. Moments like the one where the family is all flared up because of Brody's Islam, Carrie being back in action (my knees buckled when she walked away from her 'husband' smiling and I watch TV lying down) and the safe scene perfectly sum up why this show is the best on right now. Of the fall shows at least.

My mom watches that show.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

They're filming "Suits" right outside my dorm. I can literally see them from my window. May take a picture later. Is that show good? One of the actors (Mike Ross) was around and had some people getting his autograph but I just walked around him since it was right at my door.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

stab him stab him stab him STABHIM STABHIM

ah have you met our scutter called stabim?

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Homeland is the best thing on right now, if you're not watching it you're doing yourself a giant disservice.

jesus f*ck it's so good

Tyler
  • Tyler

bubblingbubblingbubbling

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

It's honestly in need of some awards. Damien Lewis and Claire Danes are the best leading actors for a show on television right now.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:11 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 10 October 2012 - 07:16 PM.

On top of that, Mandy Patinkin is awesome as well.

Arrow is premiering tonight. I really hope it's good. I feel that I missed the boat on Smallville, and I'm craving a good superhero TV show. The first season of Heroes was good, but wasn't great after that. I was really excited for The Cape, but that turned out to be pretty crappy. With the popularity of super hero movies, there has to be a good TV show eventually. Oh, and this gives me a boner...

http://www.greenarro...w-trailer/11200

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

I've just started watching Homeland because of all the hype over series 2 starting here and after it cleaned up at the Emmys.

Holy f*ckballs it's amazing. Why isn't Damian Lewis in more things? I've literally only seen him in this and Band of Brothers. Oh and he hosted HIGNFY that one time, too.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

best show

It really gets good after the halfway point in S1. S2 has so far been constantly awesome, including the latest episode (E3, "I was right" inlove.gif ). f*cking Claire Danes could submit any one of her scenes from any episode this season and clean up at the Emmys.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

I'm four episodes in and I found myself shouting at the TV for the first time in long while when Carrie tails Brody to the veteran's support group and goes inside after him. I couldn't get over how stupid she was being. It makes perfect sense with both the story and the character, so it's a good thing that it managed to get me so involved. If it does continue to get better I'll be happy as sh*t. Claire Danes certainly does absolutely nail it too.

I just remembered another thing I saw Damien Lewis in too. He was in some one off BBC drama called Stolen about child trafficking. He was, of course, great in that too. Still, 3 major roles over 10 years. The industry obviously has something against gingers.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

As far as "bigger things" go he was also in The Forsyte Saga, Life and some Stephen King movie where he played the villain. Plus, there was a smaller feature he was in called Keane which I really liked when I saw it a few years back. He loses it after his daughter is abducted and then lives through another family a little IIRC. It was disturbing at times, he really got into it.

Tyler
  • Tyler

bubblingbubblingbubbling

• NATO

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Anyone catch The Greatest Event in Television History? A lot of adult swim stuff is hit-or-miss for me but I really liked this. The whole thing is on youtube if you missed it.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

Man, Homeland is not wasting any time here. 1/3 into the season and Brody's caught. I'm not sure how much Carrie has on him, other than the tape. Is there any other conclusive evidence? They talked about how hard it was to get sound from the surveillance so maybe Brody can just bullsh*t his way out of this one, say he was forced to make the tape and strap a bomb to himself. After all, he didn't blow up so he still might ~love America~. I think it's too early to do away with Brody but his days should be numbered. It can't go on forever.

Tyler
  • Tyler

bubblingbubblingbubbling

• NATO

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

The signing on for five seasons was just the writers way of making sure Damien didn't leave the show early for any other work, especially since they admitted he basically makes the show themselves. I think we might get a solid 3 seasons and have it end there. However, Showtime is not known for ending their shows without milking them forever so I'm a bit worried where this show will be in the late game.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Just caught the latest episode of Homeland. I swear down, this show has me shouting "Holy f*ck" at everything that happens. Literally a third of the way through a season and the entire initial premise of the show has been dealt with. All the cards are on the table.

Seriously... sh*t... This is amazing. I've never loved a show as much as I do Homeland. Any other show would be spinning these things out for entire seasons, and we've had two things (finding the tape and Carrie busting Brody) that could've been finale material in episodes 2 and 3 already.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Damian Lewis and Claire Danes have such good chemistry that I would have been entirely OK with them playing cat and mouse for a few episodes. This is certainly a welcome turn of events too. I never really saw the premise making it past the first season in the earlier episodes but they've done a great job with it.

There's still a leak to deal with within the CIA, so even if they send Brody off to Gitmo there's enough material for the season. Not that I think that's very likely, considering how well the show is doing. Relatively speaking anyhow. Would be ballsy as hell though. Just make the show a Claire Danes tour de force

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 19:29)
Damian Lewis and Claire Danes have such good chemistry that I would have been entirely OK with them playing cat and mouse for a few episodes. This is certainly a welcome turn of events too. I never really saw the premise making it past the first season in the earlier episodes but they've done a great job with it.

There's still a leak to deal with within the CIA, so even if they send Brody off to Gitmo there's enough material for the season. Not that I think that's very likely, considering how well the show is doing. Relatively speaking anyhow. Would be ballsy as hell though. Just make the show a Claire Danes tour de force

Think of all the things she could cry at in her own series happy.gif .

That sounds like a dig, but she's got one of the most emotive faces in TV. Nearly as good as Joseph Gilgun.
user posted image

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

To be fair, she sort of does cry a lot.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

Just watched the season finale of Copper. Overall, it was pretty good. McGuire being the one that took Corcoran's wife was a nice twist. It ended pretty good, and I hope that the show grows next season. I think it has potential to be a great show if handled right. On par with what AMC gives us. But not quite yet.

Wolfwood
  • Wolfwood

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (Robinski @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 19:33)
QUOTE (Fnorg @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 19:29)
Damian Lewis and Claire Danes have such good chemistry that I would have been entirely OK with them playing cat and mouse for a few episodes.  This is certainly a welcome turn of events too. I never really saw the premise making it past the first season in the earlier episodes but they've done a great job with it.

Think of all the things she could cry at in her own series happy.gif .

That sounds like a dig, but she's got one of the most emotive faces in TV. Nearly as good as Joseph Gilgun.
user posted image

Related: Apparently Misfits is back soon also?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

Just finished up season 6 of Psych, love how that last episode had that whole LA Noire vibe. But what a terrifying last scene that was. Would be interesting to see if the show's flow would change after that.

Due to exams, I haven't been watching any of my favorite shows lately. Breakind Bad 5 and Sons Of Anarchy 5 are two shows I'm immediately watching after my exams. Then there's Homeland to check out with you lads hyping it up so good.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Does anyone think that NBC interrupting the Olympic closing ceremonies with a preview of Animal Practice had anything to do with it's eventual cancellation. As in, people thought of that show, and immediately thought about that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users