Photo

TV series general chat

1,348 replies to this topic
TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:36 PM

So the Entourage finale was last night. This season was strange, I remember when this show used to be a 'comedy'. I think I prefered this season over the previous few, as it seemed to go places - it still had that wonderful pointlessness to it - with Turtles entire season arc not really resulting in anything at all, but the Vince story was by far the most interesting part. Seeing his character change over this season was refreshing, as he'd been in the same place since about Season 3/4.

The drama this season was good, considering how many headlines we see nowadays about celebrities, I guess it was inevitable for the show to get to this point with Vinces character.

I look forward to the next season, hopefully they will maintain and carry through with the changes this season brought along for the shows final season.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

I think entourage has jumped the shark. The cleverness that the show used to be known for is gone. There were four or five episodes that felt identical, and all were seemingly filler to build up to the finale. This whole season has felt like one long second act, all of it a build up to something happening next season.

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sep 13 2010, 21:31)
I think entourage has jumped the shark. The cleverness that the show used to be known for is gone. There were four or five episodes that felt identical, and all were seemingly filler to build up to the finale. This whole season has felt like one long second act, all of it a build up to something happening next season.

I can't argue with the second act observation. The Eric/Sloane engagement was pretty much ignored the entire season, and there was no resolution to any of the story arcs.

I still like the show though.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sep 13 2010, 05:37)
QUOTE (jelly @ Sep 2 2010, 13:08)
http://ausiellofiles...royo-on-fringe/

WIN.

I also like how Fringe gets back on as soon as True Blood goes on hiatus. icon14.gif   icon14.gif   icon14.gif

I can never get into Fringe. Not because I don't like the show. There is always another show on at the same time that I'm already into, but this season finally looks different.

As for True Blood, I just watched the season finale, and was I the only one that laughed hysterically when Bill levitated into the air to fight the queen? Other than that, I guess I'll keep watching.

Today I really started into the complete series of the X-files. Man, I love that show. And it only got better the longer it went on.

Season finale was weird. Also, what's with ghost vampire jesus? On another note I wish they had gone to the length of getting a Swedish actor for the role, the fake-Swedish is grating. They could easily have just made him Danish anyway once they went to the length of getting a Danish actor.. Whatever. I guess the crew can't tell the difference. Poor Alexander Skarsgård.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

Yeah, the season finale was super weird. Sookie, Bill, and Sam all acting sort of out of character. It was a pretty stupid move on Bill's part to assume he'd gotten rid of Eric....and what was all that talk about "the true death" when he knew he had killed either of them?

I suppose I'm overthinking it. Loved the episode, but it ended on like 5 million cliffhangers without resolving anything.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Sep 14 2010, 20:21)
Yeah, the season finale was super weird. Sookie, Bill, and Sam all acting sort of out of character. It was a pretty stupid move on Bill's part to assume he'd gotten rid of Eric....and what was all that talk about "the true death" when he knew he had killed either of them?

I suppose I'm overthinking it. Loved the episode, but it ended on like 5 million cliffhangers without resolving anything.

That was the season finale? I thought there was one more episode next week. Oh well. After being obsessed with LOST for 6 years, not a lot of shows can impress me anyway. Remember how LOST season finales felt like? It was like heroin overdose. Especially the 5th season.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

You're telling me, I'm still hanging off that Lost season 5 cliff. I'm not going to buy season 6, and Netflix is throttling it in my queue.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

What the f*ck is this new Nikita bullsh*t? I absolutely loved La Femme Nikita with Peta Wilson. It had the darkest and coldest atmosphere I've ever seen and pretty good characters. Why did they reboot the show? May I add that it's god damn awful.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, but Maggie Q is hot.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Sep 14 2010, 18:21)

I don't see how you can't over think it when the characters are acting way out of line compared to usual, the story really doesn't give you anything at all to wait for next season. I mean I don't feel like they really gave anything away which hasn't got me as excited for the upcoming season compared to the season 2 finale. Sure I'm still going to watch the next season but I'm disappointed. I guess I was expecting something better.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:19 AM

There's like a Band of Brothers marathon on Spiketv and I can't stop watching.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:28 AM

I watched a Women of Ninja Warrior marathon hours ago on G4. It was like crack; I could not change the channel.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

Boardwalk Empire starts tonight. Is it this going to be the best new show of '10? Maybe, maybe not, but it's the only one that's got Michael Kenneth Williams, baby.

I can't wait!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:26 PM

Boardwalk Empire's premiere was pretty good. I'll have to see a few more episodes to pass any judgement.

Watched The Event as well. It seems like NBC's attempt to create a Lost type show.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:38 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 22 September 2010 - 09:49 AM.

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sep 22 2010, 00:26)
Watched The Event as well.  It seems like NBC's attempt to create a Lost type show.

The Event is full of corny phrases and wannabe dramatic scenes. I can't take it seriously. They are just trying too hard. I don't think it will last more than one season.

EDIT: just watched the latest episode of SoA. It's getting dumber and dumber with each new episode. They are focusing on too many things at once, and most of the sh*t is not even important. It's just boring past time because they don't know what to do with 45 minutes of the show. And on top of that the writing is sh*t lately. I don't know if I'm gonna watch the rest of the season. I'm really not interested anymore.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (TenaciousD. @ Sep 14 2010, 09:07)
QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sep 13 2010, 21:31)
I think entourage has jumped the shark.  The cleverness that the show used to be known for is gone.  There were four or five episodes that felt identical, and all were seemingly filler to build up to the finale.  This whole season has felt like one long second act, all of it a build up to something happening next season.

I can't argue with the second act observation. The Eric/Sloane engagement was pretty much ignored the entire season, and there was no resolution to any of the story arcs.

I still like the show though.

They're building up to the movie, so to be fair, you can't really blame them for draining things out and leaving a lot of things, well, "loose". Although, in my opinion this was probably the least "fun" season to watch, yet the most dramatic; Vince's plot has shifted primarily from focusing on getting jobs (which in turn propelled Ari's plot) to trying to get his life in order after meeting Sasha (which, in turn, sees Ari trying to fix his deal with the NFL, and ultimately his marriage up).

Last season will be interesting, even if the only thing it ends up doing will be tying up loose ends.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

So yeah, Boardwalk Empire could turn out to be awesome. Like The Wire it'll take some time for it to really get momentum, I think.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:15 PM

Any of you guys been watching The Colony? Think its been airing on Discovery. Basically a group of people get stranded down in New Orleans where the hurricane struck and people basically haven't been back to it since because its basically destroyed. So they have to fend for themselves for about 60 days I think. Oh and they get told there's been like a nuclear bomb or something that's destroyed the world and they are the only survivors. Except they get their ass kicked every time some other survivors come to steal their sh*t. Really good because you see them actually build things to keep them alive.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ Sep 23 2010, 13:49)
So yeah, Boardwalk Empire could turn out to be awesome. Like The Wire it'll take some time for it to really get momentum, I think.

No doubt. The pilot, despite having Marty Scorsese behind the camera, is supposed to be the weakest ep of the first six. It might start off slow, but they're building something, and all the pieces matter. Buscemi is very impressive so far, both here and on The Sopranos he was very convincing despite being out of his bug-eyed, funny element.

Anybody seen Treme? I watched the pilot, then kinda just forgot about it. But it's got David Simon on board, so it can't possibly be bad.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:03 PM

Nah, no Treme for me. David Simon or not, the premise of the show sounds homely and boring. It was made due to his affection for New Orleans jazz music, apparently. I can't stand jazz music. sigh.gif

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Sep 23 2010, 16:45)
The pilot, despite having Marty Scorsese behind the camera, is supposed to be the weakest ep of the first six.

Is that so? Because I thought that first episode was the business. Engrossing, from first frame to last. You could really see Marty's fingerprints all over it.

Seeing Capone and Luciano portrayed was a lot of fun as well.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:42 AM

DEXTER!!!

I completely forgot the season premiere was tonight. God I love this show.

Also, Eastbound and Down is on. Kenny Powers is probably my new favorite TV character.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sep 27 2010, 04:42)
Also, Eastbound and Down is on. Kenny Powers is probably my new favorite TV character.

Last night's 'Real American' scene was brilliant. And Stevie's back!

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:37 PM

New Bored to Death! Clever as always, but a little slow to get into things this season. Still loving it.

And Boardwalk Empire's pretty damned good. A little stagey, overacted, but that lends a certain charm to the whole thing. Loving Al Capone.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:13 AM

I can't f*ckin' stand that girl what's her name? The one that always looks sad and has that weird French accent. She's unbelievably annoying. More than Janice was in Sopranos and I hated Janice!

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:40 AM

French? What show are you talking about? Are you talking about the Irish chick in Boardwalk Empire? tounge.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Oct 5 2010, 02:40)
French?  What show are you talking about?  Are you talking about the Irish chick in Boardwalk Empire? tounge.gif

I don't know what accent that is. She actually sounds Orlesian. But that accent is from Dragon Age so it's probably not it. Anyway, as I said, I can't stand the chick.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:39 AM

I'm currently watching series 2 of Breaking Bad. I. Love. This. Show.

Which is why I am avoiding the Breaking Bad topic until I catch up with the rest of the the world.

Yet to get round to Boardwalk Empire but it doesn't surprise me it's rated so highly. Nor does it surprise me Stephen Graham is getting good reviews (ah how Turkish' clueless sidekick has grown over the years...). MUST find time for this soon!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:08 AM

Because of Dish network and Fox's little tiff, I'm probably going to be missing Sons of Anarchy and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. sad.gif

I'm just about to get into my Sunday shows on my DVR.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:09 PM

http://ausiellofiles...west-ron-moore/

sweet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users