• Cojage

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Aug 16 2010, 22:00)
QUOTE (Cojage @ Aug 16 2010, 23:51)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Aug 16 2010, 20:32)
QUOTE (Gronf @ Aug 16 2010, 21:35)
Sticking to The Sopranos, could someone explain why Corrado ordered a hit on Tony in the first season? I'm not talking about the later hit on the show, which I have yet to see but have managed to spoil for myself I remember him being angry about all the Capos putting their mothers in the retirement community, but that doesn't seem like enough a reason. And could someone explain the power relation between Junior and Tony at the beginning of the show? Did Corrado just think he was the boss, or was he really the boss for a while? That's sorta hazy.

And Junior watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and thinking he was Larry and that Bacala was Jeff Garlin cracked me up. Haha.

Officially Junior was the boss, but Tony really ran things. Go back and watch Junior's conversation with Tony's mother in the retirement community if you want to know about the reason for ordering a hit. It's a great scene I just forgot which episode that was.

Yeah, wasn't it because he was seeing a shrink?

Yes, because Junior was afraid of what Tony might say to his shrink about their business. That was only one of the reasons though. He was also frustrated because he noticed that he was not really running things

Oh right. Just finished the last episode of The Sopranos, what a show. The ending is disappointing yet brilliant, haha. Looking forward to Chase's next project.

Also I started watching Oz now, that prison show which aired on HBO in the late 90's. Damn it's also a very good show, and I only saw 4 episodes yet. Really recommending it smile.gif

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:08 AM

Well, I hope everyone is ready for the season finale of Burn Notice.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

On a less serious point, one for the UK crowd:

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Unoriginal44 @ Aug 21 2010, 15:08)

Half-season. They structure their seasons in two parts, with a break in the middle.

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (makeshyft @ Aug 23 2010, 15:25)

Half-season. They structure their seasons in two parts, with a break in the middle.

Well, did you catch the preview for the Summer Finale yet?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:18 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 25 August 2010 - 06:21 AM.

sh*t, I haven't watched the last episode yet. I'll have to get on it. Or maybe I'll just wait until Thursday and watch that one and the finale.

Two episodes into the new season of Weeds, and no Doug or Ignacio. I hope they haven't gone the way of Heylia, Conrad and Doug's son.

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:23 AM

Man, I am yearning for Dexter! I need to actually order season's three and four on Netflix DVD's, but I cannot be bother to at the moment.

Dark, you should definitely wait until Friday, the episode is a major cliffhanger.

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (Unoriginal44 @ Aug 25 2010, 09:35)
QUOTE (makeshyft @ Aug 23 2010, 15:25)

Well, did you catch the preview for the Summer Finale yet?

Nah. As it is, the actual episode will sit on my HD for a few days before I get the time to watch it.

Inre your most recent post: I'm also hanging out for Dexter. It's either going to be very good or very ho-hum.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:18 AM

Dexter has only gotten better in my opinion. They've got a lot to live up to, but they've done it every year for me.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:26 AM

Third season of Sons of Anarchy should start in September, right?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

Yeah, two weeks from today. I think I'll try and look for last year's season finale. All I remember about it is that it left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:11 AM

On an unrelated note, that Burn Notice summer finale was the most anti-climactic ending I have seen in a while. Needless to say, I still cannot wait for the return of new episodes in November, until then all I have to look forward to is that zombie show on AMC this fearfest.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

I'm currently watching Columbo, somewhere in the third season.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

Yes, Doug and Ignacio finally showed themselves in the new season of Weeds. And they are getting screen time together. smile.gif

Anyone watching True Blood. It's getting f*cking ridiculous with all the fairies/aliens, and were-panthers. The finale better be good, or I might be done with it.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

True Blood's awesome, been watching it from the very first series. I don't think its getting to ridiculous, She's not really an alien - just a fairy hybrid. As for the panther sh*t, that's a little weird especially since we've already covered the whole werewolf deal. I'm looking forward to the finale, wish I wouldn't have to wait for the 4th season after though.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

True Blood is still awesome, and I can't say I mind all the new creatures. Well, that's mostly 'cause I cheated by checking out what was in the books on Wikipedia so I see them coming. sigh.gif

You think Eric will sacrifice himself next episode or will Sookie be fed V-blood, resuscitated and run out to rescue him? I can't see the latter happening really, it wouldn't be typical of the show.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ Aug 31 2010, 22:14)
True Blood is still awesome, and I can't say I mind all the new creatures. Well, that's mostly 'cause I cheated by checking out what was in the books on Wikipedia so I see them coming. sigh.gif

You think Eric will sacrifice himself next episode or will Sookie be fed V-blood, resuscitated and run out to rescue him? I can't see the latter happening really, it wouldn't be typical of the show.

If they want Eric to have a purpose in the show they will have to make him even more sensitive and human and they'd have to do it so it doesn't look forced. Hard task now when he avenged his parents. But he is 1000 old so there has to be some other interesting story they can tell about Eric's past.

As for the were-panthers they are in the books. And in the books Jason becomes one of them
That's what my sister told me. She read some of Sookie Stackhouse novels.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:45 PM

Heh never realised they were all from books. Then again, what isn't these days? As for Jason becoming a were-panther, that sounds pretty f*cking good to watch Not to sure if this is really in the finale season episode but I've seen still pictures of the cast and last episode and from the looks of them Godrick is back - god knows how since we all saw him die. Oh also saw stills of Bill and Sookie getting married! As for what happens to Eric next episode I think he'll sacrifice himself, but get saved within the process - but not from Sookie or Bill, maybe whats her face will save him - who he made. Seriously though what the f*ck is going on with Sam? He was all fine and dandy one moment and then after he had his whole flashback moment a couple episodes back he went and turned into a dick.

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:28 PM Edited by Legacy-666_, 02 September 2010 - 10:25 PM.

Not really a big fan but being a Kiwi its great to see Anna Paquin getting naughty.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE ($RebelG @ Sep 2 2010, 00:45)
Heh never realised they were all from books. Then again, what isn't these days? As for Jason becoming a were-panther, that sounds pretty f*cking good to watch Not to sure if this is really in the finale season episode but I've seen still pictures of the cast and last episode and from the looks of them Godrick is back - god knows how since we all saw him die. Oh also saw stills of Bill and Sookie getting married! As for what happens to Eric next episode I think he'll sacrifice himself, but get saved within the process - but not from Sookie or Bill, maybe whats her face will save him - who he made. Seriously though what the f*ck is going on with Sam? He was all fine and dandy one moment and then after he had his whole flashback moment a couple episodes back he went and turned into a dick.

We'll probably see Godrick in one of Eric's flashbacks which means he will either die and while dying he will remember Godrick, or he lives and we see more of his past and another potential story for Eric for next season

Also worth mentioning: Jessica is really hot. I'd let her bite me any time.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE (Legacy-666_ @ Sep 1 2010, 16:28)
Not really a big but being a Kiwi its great to see Anna Paquin getting naughty.

It's great for all nationalities. Her getting naked in that show, saved the first season for me. I hate to sound like a pig, but it's true. And yeah, Jessica is also very good looking. She's one of the good red heads.

I finally watched the last two episodes of Burn Notice for the summer. I didn't think it was so bad. It had a typical Burn Notice cliff hanger, and Jesse looks to have changed his mind about Michael, at least about killing him. Unless he was aiming for him.

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sep 2 2010, 03:47)
I finally watched the last two episodes of Burn Notice for the summer. I didn't think it was so bad. It had a typical Burn Notice cliff hanger, and Jesse looks to have changed his mind about Michael, at least about killing him. Unless he was aiming for him.

He was aiming for him. He shot through Micheal to not only kill the dude holding him, but to finally let out some rage, albeit a little too much. The ending was a typical Burn Notice ending, but I liked that this time Micheal was actually left at a near-death time, without help. Added to the hype for the return this November.

I cannot wait for the return this November.

portere
  • portere

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:30 AM

I just got my new tv series---true blood season 2

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Unoriginal44 @ Sep 2 2010, 13:21)
QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sep 2 2010, 03:47)
I finally watched the last two episodes of Burn Notice for the summer.  I didn't think it was so bad.  It had a typical Burn Notice cliff hanger, and Jesse looks to have changed his mind about Michael, at least about killing him.  Unless he was aiming for him.

He was aiming for him. He shot through Micheal to not only kill the dude holding him, but to finally let out some rage, albeit a little too much. The ending was a typical Burn Notice ending, but I liked that this time Micheal was actually left at a near-death time, without help. Added to the hype for the return this November.

I cannot wait for the return this November.

I find that I enjoy Burn Notice all the more when I don't take it seriously.

It's in Miami, so I pretend they're Vice City missions they're undertaking.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:08 PM

user posted image

WIN.

I also like how Fringe gets back on as soon as True Blood goes on hiatus. icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

Woah. Only three weeks before Fringe comes back. Really awesome news.

Pandazoot high-fives jelly

So...anybody interested in 'The Event'? Could be good but a part of me thinks it's going to be another Flashforward.

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:52 PM

Doctor Who, is so much better than I expected. Just watched the first five episodes of series one. Got to 'World War Three' then went to sleep. But the show itself is pretty well done.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (jelly @ Sep 2 2010, 13:08)
http://ausiellofiles...royo-on-fringe/

WIN.

I also like how Fringe gets back on as soon as True Blood goes on hiatus. icon14.gif   icon14.gif   icon14.gif

I can never get into Fringe. Not because I don't like the show. There is always another show on at the same time that I'm already into, but this season finally looks different.

As for True Blood, I just watched the season finale, and was I the only one that laughed hysterically when Bill levitated into the air to fight the queen? Other than that, I guess I'll keep watching.

Today I really started into the complete series of the X-files. Man, I love that show. And it only got better the longer it went on.

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:40 AM

Dear lord, I love the X-files. I own the first three seasons on DVD, watched them not too long ago, in fact. My favourite part of that series is how they can keep the arc of that conspiracy refreshing and new every single season. The overall story is just amazing, and I like the 'monster of the week' feel, makes it a lot easier to watch in a marathon that way.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sep 13 2010, 04:37)
QUOTE (jelly @ Sep 2 2010, 13:08)
http://ausiellofiles...royo-on-fringe/

WIN.

I also like how Fringe gets back on as soon as True Blood goes on hiatus. icon14.gif   icon14.gif   icon14.gif

I can never get into Fringe. Not because I don't like the show. There is always another show on at the same time that I'm already into, but this season finally looks different.

As for True Blood, I just watched the season finale, and was I the only one that laughed hysterically when Bill levitated into the air to fight the queen? Other than that, I guess I'll keep watching.

Today I really started into the complete series of the X-files. Man, I love that show. And it only got better the longer it went on.

I didn't but I couldn't stop myself from saying crouching tiger, hidden dragon as it happened. As for the episode as a whole, not really as exciting as I thought it would be. Hope the next season actually gives something more away each episode.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users