Quantcast

» «
Photo

TV series general chat

1,352 replies to this topic
jelly
  • jelly

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

I wanted to post about this but I realized there was no active Fringe thread.. So I figured might as well make a general thread like this to make it more likely to survive. Any fiction show goes. You can check your stupid musicals and reality shows at the door.

Exclusive: 'Fringe' snags 'Wire' grad Andre Royo icon14.gif icon14.gif

Anyone else looking forward to Fringe returning this fall?

Any other shows, upcoming, currently running or returning this fall, feel free to discuss them here!

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:58 PM

Also, remember to use spoiler tags for the discussion of serialized programs. Most countries lag behind the US, so just because something has aired there, doesn't mean everyone has seen it.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

Bubbles?!?!!

Good to see that he's getting work, did a good job on the wire.

Anyways, I'm not a big follower of Fringe, it seems a little too much like the X-Files for me...but to each his own

Can't say that I'm psyched for any new or returning shows this coming season...maybe Archer when/if it comes back on, and the Simpsons as always!

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

Cool. We've already had a Broyles/Prez reunion in the last series, will be nice to see a Broyles/Bubbles reunion this series. I loves me a bit of Fringe and can't wait for it's return.

I'm also looking forward to the return of Caprica and Mad Men.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:14 AM

Well just finished watching Dexter Season 4 finale. Definitely a bitch move.

Although I hate cliffhangers, this was one truly shocking one. Dexter finally got rid of Trinity and I was hoping for a happy ending. When Dexter was sitting at the dining table, I thought to myself, "Okay Dexter, packed your bags and have a happy honeymoon." And then Rita's corpse was just floating there in a pool of blood. She was a bitchy character no doubt, but I felt sorry for Dexter.

I actually wanted Trinity's son to kill his father. He deserved it more.

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:01 AM

I watched a few episodes of Fringe when it was first released and lost interest as I didn't like the individual stories per episode format. Been meaning to give it another chance.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:22 AM

It's getting better at arcs. It still has the 'mystery of the week' thing going on but they end up tying most of it together nowadays.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:45 PM

Wut? No more Caprica till January? At least Mad Men is back on Sunday.

Tyler
  • Tyler

I couldn't possibly comment

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:20 PM Edited by Unoriginal44, 23 July 2010 - 08:37 PM.

Anyone think Mad Men is good? I need to see that sometime, just like I need to see Breaking Bad.

On the downside I missed Burn Notice last night, hoping to see it on my DVR sometime today, but it doesn't seem like that is happening anytime soon.

Ninja Edit: I just got all nostalgic, I remember this tune from when my little brother watched it...

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:17 AM

Mad Men season 4 premiered a few hours ago. It's off to a great start. Lots 'o drama, and we learn that Don is a freak in the sack.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Jul 26 2010, 07:17)
Don is a freak in the sack.

I thought this had been shown to us many many times before?

Or do you mean 'freak' as in he likes all the kinky stuff? I haven't watched the episode yet but plan to tomorrow at some point. Very excited smile.gif

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

Does anyone remember the show Quantum Leap?

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

So I have a question. The Sopranos Series 6 and Entourage series 3 was split into two parts. Is there an actual reason to this? I believe both of these seasons were produced before the WGA Writer's Strike a few years back. Is it because HBO were dicking about perhaps? I seem to recall another tv series was split into two parts...

Random question I know, but since we have this topic I thought I may as well use it...

Canofceleri
  • Canofceleri

OG

• The Connection

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Pandazoot @ Aug 12 2010, 16:17)
So I have a question. The Sopranos Series 6 and Entourage series 3 was split into two parts. Is there an actual reason to this? I believe both of these seasons were produced before the WGA Writer's Strike a few years back. Is it because HBO were dicking about perhaps? I seem to recall another tv series was split into two parts...

Random question I know, but since we have this topic I thought I may as well use it...

Probably because each season before six had an arc over 13 episodes. Season six part a only has 12 and part b only 9, with one arc over the season. My guess.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

Sticking to The Sopranos, could someone explain why Corrado ordered a hit on Tony in the first season? I'm not talking about the later hit on the show, which I have yet to see but have managed to spoil for myself I remember him being angry about all the Capos putting their mothers in the retirement community, but that doesn't seem like enough a reason. And could someone explain the power relation between Junior and Tony at the beginning of the show? Did Corrado just think he was the boss, or was he really the boss for a while? That's sorta hazy.

And Junior watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and thinking he was Larry and that Bacala was Jeff Garlin cracked me up. Haha.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Aug 16 2010, 21:35)
Sticking to The Sopranos, could someone explain why Corrado ordered a hit on Tony in the first season? I'm not talking about the later hit on the show, which I have yet to see but have managed to spoil for myself I remember him being angry about all the Capos putting their mothers in the retirement community, but that doesn't seem like enough a reason. And could someone explain the power relation between Junior and Tony at the beginning of the show? Did Corrado just think he was the boss, or was he really the boss for a while? That's sorta hazy.

And Junior watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and thinking he was Larry and that Bacala was Jeff Garlin cracked me up. Haha.

Officially Junior was the boss, but Tony really ran things. Go back and watch Junior's conversation with Tony's mother in the retirement community if you want to know about the reason for ordering a hit. It's a great scene I just forgot which episode that was.

Cojage
  • Cojage

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Aug 16 2010, 20:32)

Officially Junior was the boss, but Tony really ran things. Go back and watch Junior's conversation with Tony's mother in the retirement community if you want to know about the reason for ordering a hit. It's a great scene I just forgot which episode that was.

Yeah, wasn't it because he was seeing a shrink?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Cojage @ Aug 16 2010, 23:51)

Yes, because Junior was afraid of what Tony might say to his shrink about their business. That was only one of the reasons though. He was also frustrated because he noticed that he was not really running things

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:14 AM

I'm really disliking Vince this season.

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:15 AM

I'm very much over Burn Notice this season. It feels really forced.

Tyler
  • Tyler

• NATO

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (makeshyft @ Aug 17 2010, 05:15)
I'm very much over Burn Notice this season. It feels really forced.

What episode is Australia at right now?

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:24 AM

Beats me. I hardly watch actual TV anymore, what with the internet connection and all.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:48 AM

I'm still digging Burn Notice. It's like the A-team, with Bruce Campbell as Hannibal, Face, Murdock and B.A., and they actually shoot people. And the latest episode, showing how much Michael and Simon have in common, was kind of cool.

Anyone watch the Weeds season Premiere? I gotta say, not really that strong out the gate.

Tyler
  • Tyler

• NATO

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:54 AM

The new episode of Burn Notice did catch my attention as well. I am very eager to see how the whole Vaughn being one of the people burning Micheal thing works out. I bet somebody gets a gun to the head.

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:58 AM

I think it's the team aspect which is letting it down for me. I prefer Michael as the lone wolf with backup.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:00 AM

Another show I've been watching is the Good Guys. It's on Fox so it's bound to be cancelled, and they've even started messing with the schedule. I like it though. Bradley Whitford is funny, and Colin Hanks plays a good straight cop. Plus the girl is the demon chick from Reaper, so hot.

Tyler
  • Tyler

• NATO

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (makeshyft @ Aug 17 2010, 05:58)
I think it's the team aspect which is letting it down for me. I prefer Michael as the lone wolf with backup.

I get you there, this is the second season I am tuning into of Burn Notice, and I particularly liked how in season 3 he worked alone more often then not. But, the team effort thing fits into this season's whole Michael is unravelling a huge conspiracy, and he would never survive on his own thing.

The Good Guys, when I watched it I originally thought it was a sh*tty movie, but I tuned into the second episode and actually liked the way they did a funny perspective on police partners. I won't say it is original, but if nothing else, it is a little bit of a refreshment.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Aug 17 2010, 00:00)
QUOTE (Cojage @ Aug 16 2010, 23:51)

Yes, because Junior was afraid of what Tony might say to his shrink about their business. That was only one of the reasons though. He was also frustrated because he noticed that he was not really running things

Right, now it's all coming back to me. Thanks.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

Well this season of Mad Men has been consistently great so far. I wish more people were watching.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:31 AM Edited by Gronf, 17 August 2010 - 09:38 AM.

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Aug 17 2010, 10:10)
Well this season of Mad Men has been consistently great so far. I wish more people were watching.

I watch it. I'm just not into it enough to find a stream on the Internet or download it. So, I wait for it to air on regular TV instead. Gives me something to look forward to on Sundays at least.

EDIT: In other words, I don't think it's that good.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users