Photo

Alternate ways of making money in TLaD

20 replies to this topic
Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

After beating storyline and doing every single side mission, the only thing left to do infinitely as far as i noticed are Races and Gang Wars.
The former are not a good source of money, you spend a lot of time to earn ~1000 dollars.
The latter give somewhere around 10-25k dollars, but are not reliable as its easy to die and generally they are not a good source of income for me, because i have to spend money on weapons that are needed.
Since i've done every other side mission, and i'm dangerously close to "No money at all" status, i come here to find help.
How to make money effectively without doing Races or Gang Wars?
Without cheating/trainers, though.

massrcor
  • massrcor

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

ummm, the only ways I know of are racing and gang wars, for any substantial money.

you should have ever-spawning weapons in your safehouse, if you've done a good amount of gang wars.

So, one of the only techniques is to use those weapons to do a gang war, then collect the gang's weapons and repeat. In the process you also gain money.

So, unfortunately(for you), Gang wars are the best source of income in TLaD.

They get pretty damn hard too, but just load and retry. That's what i do. biggrin.gif

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (massrcor @ Jul 9 2010, 13:42)
ummm, the only ways I know of are racing and gang wars, for any substantial money.

you should have ever-spawning weapons in your safehouse, if you've done a good amount of gang wars.

So, one of the only techniques is to use those weapons to do a gang war, then collect the gang's weapons and repeat. In the process you also gain money.

So, unfortunately(for you), Gang wars are the best source of income in TLaD.

They get pretty damn hard too, but just load and retry. That's what i do. biggrin.gif

Well this is the point, no matter what they are too hard.

For starters, last time i took about 25 Rocket Launcher ammo from gunvan prior to a gang war.
Used 15.
All of them hit their target.
Reward: 15000$
and tons of dead gang members.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:53 PM Edited by HoleInTheSky, 11 July 2010 - 04:00 PM.

I had this problem. The obvious alternative is to kill peds on a mass scale. =/

The money I won in the wars was spent buying more ammo from Terry's van to then do the next war. But not long did the money start to build nicely.
San Andreas had the right idea with the betting shops.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:26 PM

I'm not at this position yet, though I did notice I was getting a light in the wallet after completely emptying Terry's van of whatever I could afford. I must have got myself down to about 4000 dollars which is shocking by GTA standards. It's quite refreshing though, we were promised a "rags to better rags" approach for IV originally, and it was just far too easy to make money. I was looking forward to struggling for some reason.

Anyway, yeah, making money is probably harder for TLAD than for anything else in IV. I did try my hand at card games but it just isn't a reliable source of... anything, actually. The money's poor and it gets very old very fast. I suppose your best bet are races and wars, and hope you don't have to flash your cash too much.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:32 AM

Which weapons do you buy? I find it best to just pick the weapons up for free from their spawn locations. Unless it's the new weapons for this DLC then you can't find any. The Pool Cue is the only weapon that spawns for this DLC but the weapons from GTA: IV are definitely in their spawn locations. I never buy any weapons. Use this interactive map to help you find those weapons. Click on the gun symbol and the weapons on that map will show the locations for you.

http://www.gta4.net/map/

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:43 AM

Has anyone tried using the Annihilator in Gang Wars, would that be an effective method?

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Proud Fool @ Jul 14 2010, 09:43)
Has anyone tried using the Annihilator in Gang Wars, would that be an effective method?

Does it even spawn in singleplayer?
(other than getting enough stars, shooting one down, SOMEHOW managing to get it to not explode and storing in safehouse?)

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

How about just crashing a Maverick into the lot of them and pulling away before you crash? Not done any yet so I don't know the set up.

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

It would be hard, but you'll only need to do it once, you can repair it at the parking lot, I don't think it would be as useful if the rounds weren't explosive.

I think that kamikaze method might be too dangerous lol.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

Nah the Annihilator won't last during a Gang War, you have too many dudes shooting at you and the heli's guns don't have much range.

It does work in the convoy gang wars.

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

Then I guess the only option is to use auto aim and get nothing but headshots, unless it's PC he's talking about.

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Proud Fool @ Jul 14 2010, 21:55)
Then I guess the only option is to use auto aim and get nothing but headshots, unless it's PC he's talking about.

Remember the annihilator has explosive rounds, you can assault them from the air while they still are in vehicles, and maybe, just maybe you will explode most of them.

And yes its PC version.

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:40 AM Edited by Proud Fool, 15 July 2010 - 03:44 AM.

If you haven't beaten the game yet then you could take all the ammo you need for free from Terry's van in the final mission, and just do as many wars as you can because saving and loading will revert the ammo count to it's original limit.

EDIT: Or better yet after you take the ammo fail the mission so you wont have to worry about losing because you can just redo the mission and take it all back again. Might work, I haven't tried...

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Proud Fool @ Jul 15 2010, 03:40)
If you haven't beaten the game yet then you could take all the ammo you need for free from Terry's van in the final mission, and just do as many wars as you can because saving and loading will revert the ammo count to it's original limit.

EDIT: Or better yet after you take the ammo fail the mission so you wont have to worry about losing because you can just redo the mission and take it all back again. Might work, I haven't tried...

You need 100% to get unlimited ammo ability, so that won't work.

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

I think only in that mission you can surpass the limit.

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

"Crash JP Morgan buy silver"

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

I can't remember if the armoured vans are in TLAD, if they are steal one then blow it up, you get about a grand each time.

Puto Bendejo
  • Puto Bendejo

motorcycle maniac

• Members

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:31 PM Edited by Puto Bendejo, 27 July 2010 - 08:38 PM.

yes the gruppe 6 vans are there, you see them most around 6:am to 8:am. blowing one up spreads cash over a large area, and they usually dissapear before you can collect all of it, and I always get a 2 star level for blowing it up. do you know where you can take it and NOT get a wanted level?

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Golf Wang

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Puto Bendejo @ Tuesday, Jul 27 2010, 20:31)
yes the gruppe 6 vans are there, you see them most around 6:am to 8:am. blowing one up spreads cash over a large area, and they usually dissapear before you can collect all of it, and I always get a 2 star level for blowing it up. do you know where you can take it and NOT get a wanted level?

Crash the van into a wall until it starts on fire and when it explodes you won't get a wanted level.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

If you're low on cash, you do know that you DO NOT have to buy weapons and armor, right? It is just like with ALL previous GTA games-from III to VC to SA to LCS to VCS and now IV and EFLC-where there are "hidden" weapons and armor spawns through out the city and all you have to do is collect them and best yet they are FREE. This is a cheap alternative to having to buy weapons, as it saves you A LOT of money this way. smile.gif

However, it does seem like the gang wars are a lot easier on PC than on consoles-must be cause of the mouse and keyboard controls vs. the controller? confused.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Kill hookers biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users