Photo

Cartoons!

94 replies to this topic
cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:23 PM

Who loves CARTOONS? I love!!!!!!!! Tv shows in the 90's like Hey Arnold!, Two Stupid Dogs, I'm a Weasel, As Told By Ginger, Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, Coward the Courage Dog was awesome!!!!! I used to watch see them with my son biggrin.gif When I was a child I used to watch Top Cat biggrin.gif Banana Split (isn't a cartoon but there's cartoons in the show!)The Flintstones.....................Pound Puppies was cute too lol.gif I also love adult cartoons like The Simpsons (specially the first seasons, the latest episodes aren't too funny sad.gif ), South Park and things like that tounge2.gif I don't watch many cartoons nowadays because my sons don't watch anymore, but there's a nowadays cartoon which is very fun, it is called ""Total Drama Action"" but I hate that fat guy sneaky2.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

They said I could be anything, so I became a custom member title

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:29 PM

f*cking love cartoons, watching them, drawing them, remembering obscure ones.

I'm going to watch animation in general forever, I just love it, and theres sooooo much work that goes into them its staggering!
Not to mention its great inspiration for my drawing.

Another thing I've gotten into is Rotoscope, where they animate over a film to give it a cartoon look while still retaining the actors presence and mannerisms.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:32 PM

Hi Murdoc I want to know how to draw, my drawnings are awful. sad.gif What are your favorite cartoons lol.gif ?
I don't know nothing about animation techniques, I just like to see them lol lol.gif

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

I always enjoyed cartoons as a kid, and i still do now.

The other day, i just sat and watched two hours of Tom & Jerry cartoons.

I usually only watch adult cartoons now like Futurama, Family Guy etc, but my favourite will always be The Simpsons.

I still occasionally watch kids cartoons though, especially the ones popular in the late 80's and early 90's. I recently started watching The Real Ghostbusters again online as part of a nostalgia trip. One of my other all time favourite cartoons is Batman The Animated Series (1992).

captainfantastic
  • captainfantastic

MODZ RULE

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:07 PM

Family Guy FTW!!!

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Feds

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

South Park, Futurama and Batman.

/topic

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:53 PM

All I watch is cartoons and sports. I am proud to say I was on the early wave for Dexter, Powerpuff girls, courage, and most of the early shows that got cartoon network really rolling. My wife and I often say how much we miss ,Cow and Chicken. I was there when Cartoon Planet started and then later became that huge beast called Adult Swim.

My favorite Cow and Chicken antidote. My wife was sick and laying on the couch - I put Cow and Chicken on and all she could mumble through her sickness was 'oh man the red guy is going to be all loud'

I stray away from popular fad stuff, so I kinda stopped watching the regular ,cartoon cartoon(if ya know the reference) stuff, after powerpuff girls got all trend like and popular.

I am very happy that Futurama is back smile.gif

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:15 AM

WF the Hobgoblin I love Tom & Jerry!!!!!! I rather Tom tounge2.gif The Simpsons is awesome!!! I Love Ned Flanders and Maggie! But I don't like the new episodes very much sad.gif nowadays I'm not watching a lot of cartoon too sad.gif

captainfantastic Simpsons is better Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif @!!!!

Vanilla Shake I love South Park and Futurama, but I'm not into these heroes things, like Batman, Superman...... sleepy.gif

tripmills I love Cow and Chicken happy.gif happy.gif I like Adult Swim and the Cartoon Cartoons tounge2.gif

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:32 AM

Dragon Ball & Dragon Ball Z. <3

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

I don't like japanese cartoons dozingoff.gif

dice
  • dice

love_triangle

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

Anime are more drawn films then actual cartoons and yes, they are quite good

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:43 PM Edited by LithiuM_FirestorM, 09 July 2010 - 10:48 PM.

I like the ones from my childhood like Mighty Max, Rugrats, Biker Mice from Mars, C.O.W.S of Moo Mesa, Doug, The Addams Family, Ninja Turtles, He Man, Transformers, G.I. Joe and who can forget Tales from the Crypt Keeper...classics!! lol.

EDIT- Sh*t, I almost forgot Gargoyles and Street Sharks haha.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (^- Dice -> @ Jul 9 2010, 16:14)

lol, yeh right. Anime uses a lot of cost cutting measures.

It's hardly 'more drawn films'. Have you ever watched Bleach or Naruto? The 'move mouths up and down, but keep everything else stationary' is a joke.

The backgrounds to some scenes are also as bad as a Hannah Barbara cartoon.

Not to mention the horde of 'moe' pandering shows with little to no plot other than to cater to the lonely otaku crowd that seems to cling to anything that will make them feel at ease in their isolation. It's a social problem, yes, but it also degenerates the quality of the medium as a whole.

I got beef with people that think anime is this insanely superior artistic medium simply because Evangelion had a cross in it.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

I used to watch most of the stuff mentioned here during the mid to late 90's when cartoon network was getting big. These days I watch South Park generally and Family Guy sometimes but Family Guy is getting very hit and miss of late.

dice
  • dice

love_triangle

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (E.A.B. @ Jul 10 2010, 01:34)

It's hardly 'more drawn films'. Have you ever watched Bleach or Naruto? The 'move mouths up and down, but keep everything else stationary' is a joke.

Not to mention the horde of 'moe' pandering shows with little to no plot other than to cater to the lonely otaku crowd that seems to cling to anything that will make them feel at ease in their isolation. It's a social problem, yes, but it also degenerates the quality of the medium as a whole.

I got beef with people that think anime is this insanely superior artistic medium simply because Evangelion had a cross in it.

The 4kids versions tends to be a little crippled. But seriously, rate the whole gender after you actually watch something, not english dubs.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (^- Dice -> @ Jul 10 2010, 01:45)
QUOTE (E.A.B. @ Jul 10 2010, 01:34)

The 4kids versions tends to be a little crippled. But seriously, rate the whole gender after you actually watch something, not english dubs.

4kids has nothing to do with animation quality, brah

The Japanese animation company does. That, or the Koreans they outsource to.

english dubs

I'll have you know that I watched Gurren Laggann two years ago with subs, not that it matters.

Don't hate on dubs simply because the language spoken is different.

I'll agree that some dubs can be terrible, though. Generally, Japan has a larger and more varied VA industry than America, so you (usually) get better talent.

markwey
  • markwey

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994)

Was one of the best cartoons ever. Liked it alot. smile.gif

dice
  • dice

love_triangle

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

Actually american entertainment companies censor and edit animes, not the original authors. One great example is One Piece and even Naruto, where even the tinniest amount of blood resulted in a total redrawing of a characters face, same with smoking and guns and with some pieces of the show cut out, which may be a reference to japanese culture, to avoid confusion by viewers.

And what I originally meant in my post is that don't crap on the whole style, because you watched a badly made series. Maybe this anime genre, which aims at children as audience, doesn't look at the quality as much, maybe even the whole animation style sucks, as you claim, but the storyline in some genres is better then any american created cartoon and can easily compare to movies.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

The only anime I like is One Piece. My sons love anime but I don't like very much catspider.gif

Marco.
  • Marco.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

I used to watch many cartoons as a kid but now it's just Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show I like, I used to watch The Simpsons but I find that boring now icon13.gif I guess my Mind's been retarded by family guy but I laugh and that's all that matters icon14.gif

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

I think Simpsons is way better than Family Guy, but you are right, the new episodes are not very good. sad.gif

alexrdh
  • alexrdh

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

I watch South Park, Simpsons and Family Guy on occasion.
Tom and Jerry is epic, I love it. I remember that movie where they talked.. didn't really like it much though.

VideoPoker
  • VideoPoker

Boss

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:59 PM

I love cartoons and could talk about them for hours, but I'll just say this:

King of the Hill

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

inlove.gif

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

I'm a sucker for cartoons. Even bad ones like Dinosaur King. Saturday is my stay at home Sabbath.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:05 PM

VideoPoker King of The Hill is awesome!

jelly thank you for the videos!!! They're very funny, I love Tom lol.gif

Otter I never have seen Dinosaur King! notify.gif

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd n' Eddy, Tom and Jerry, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, Pink Panther, Powerpuff Girls, they were f*cking amazing. Shame most of them aren't aired anymore. Nowadays I just watch South Park and The Simpsons.

The new cartooons today's kids watch are f*cking aweful. Ben 10? f*ck that.

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (alexrdh @ Jul 10 2010, 12:01)
I watch South Park, Simpsons and Family Guy on occasion.
Tom and Jerry is epic, I love it. I remember that movie where they talked.. didn't really like it much though.

The same one where the little girl ran away to the circus and the weiner dog was on a skateboard? lol

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:43 PM

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:19 AM

Menaced I love all these cartoons! I don't like Ben 10 very much, but my son love tounge2.gif !

I don't like when Tom e Jerry talk!! cry.gif

epoxi I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users