There are numerous ways you can do this, but I have chosen this way.
Lets just say for instance were starting a new mission and want to make a car chase.
1. Create the car. You can let the players get in the car themselves, but I recommend using "Teleport to Car" under the "Special Objectives" section, which will teleport the player immediately in the car.
Set the car stats (I recommend high health and unpoppable tires).
2. (Optional) If you plan to have friends during the chase you can:
2.1 Create actors next to the car, give them drive-by weapons, make them allies and select their animation to "Follow Player", they will enter the players car.
2.2 Heres a more fun way, create another car behind the player, fill it with allied actors (with drive-by weapons) and set them all to "Enter Nearest Car". For the driver, select "Follow Player Behind". You will now have an allied car following you.
3. Now to create the enemies. Create a new car and make the desired number of enemy actors near the car, select weapons and stats and then set their anim to "SIT In nearest Car" This will teleport them directly into the car. If you select "Enter Nearest Car" then they will waste time opening the doors, getting in, ect. Now, for the driving actor, select his driving mood to "Attack Player", this will make him ram the player into oblivion and give the drive-by enemies a shot.
4. After that is done, the rest is simple, create the car chase route. Do this by placing checkpoint along the path you wish the player to take. Repeat step 3 to get more enemies into the chase after each (or several) checkpoint is reached. I highly recommend that you make roadblocks, jumps and explosions (eg, the player rams through a roadblock, goes to the next checkpoint, and the roadblock blows up).
5. Tips and Hints:
- If you have many cars in the chase, try making the cars health a little lower (500) so the player is not overwhelmed and his allies can kill the enemies easily. Also, if there are many enemies, then give them crappy weapons and set acc to low.
- Always set the players car to 2500 health at the start of the chase.
- Occasionally, you might want to add an enemy actor as an objective and set "Kill or Enemies" to "On". This means the player has to face every enemy you have thrown at them, this can be fun.
- Set the players car as "Explosion Proof", so they don't have to worry about exploding enemy cars.
Thanks for reading! And I hope this helped.