Photo

Grand Theft Auto: Southland

238 replies to this topic
LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Sep 11 2010, 04:35)
QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Sep 11 2010, 00:23)
QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Sep 10 2010, 23:37)
If I could make the game, I absolutely would include these creatures. There's no point of having any info about them being in the game if you can't ever find them. That's what pissed me off in SA. There were so many indicators pointing to Bigfoot, and then some dick had to come out claiming he wasn't real, which I'm still skeptical about.

However, I would make them super rare, to the point where you have almost no chance of finding them by actually searching for them. I'm thinking a system where the beast would spawn in a fairly large general woodland area, but each spotting would be in a different exact location. Also, the beasts would mostly appear in the dark, so they would be even harder to find. To add to that, sometimes, you would be able to hear roars and/or growls, as well as seeing maimed/gruesomely killed animals lying around, footprints, and markings on trees., all which would spawn randomly, and slightly less rare than the actual creature. And to add to all of that, these animals would be quick, and may be mistaken for other objects(Bigfoot can be mistaken for a grizzly or a tree, although I'm not sure if there are grizzlies in the south)

I'll also have to come up with some new myths. Maybe a mutated alligator like creature that lives in swamps, occasionally attacking and killing travelers.

And of course, like the animals of RDR, all creatures would have the ability to be killed. Legendary(mythical) animal bodies can be sold if captured/killed for a high price.

yeah that would be f*ckin awesome rockstar need to make a myth that is actually real
EDIT: I might put Ratman in my family values topic and a sea monster in the oceans

Nah, there's no sea monster in NYC. The closest sea monster is supposedly in Lake Champlain, but that's waaaaaaaay upstate. New York does have some nasty ass raccoons and rats in Manhattan and the Bronx. My dad saw a rat the size of a cat in Harlem once.

well im gonna remove the sea monster maybe there could be a myth in each part of lc

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Sep 11 2010, 00:40)
If I could make the game, I absolutely would include these creatures. There's no point of having any info about them being in the game if you can't ever find them. That's what pissed me off in SA. There were so many indicators pointing to Bigfoot, and then some dick had to come out claiming he wasn't real, which I'm still skeptical about.

However, I would make them super rare, to the point where you have almost no chance of finding them by actually searching for them. I'm thinking a system where the beast would spawn in a fairly large general woodland area, but each spotting would be in a different exact location. Also, the beasts would mostly appear in the dark, so they would be even harder to find. To add to that, sometimes, you would be able to hear roars and/or growls, as well as seeing maimed/gruesomely killed animals lying around, footprints, and markings on trees., all which would spawn randomly, and slightly less rare than the actual creature. And to add to all of that, these animals would be quick, and may be mistaken for other objects(Bigfoot can be mistaken for a grizzly or a tree, although I'm not sure if there are grizzlies in the south)

I'll also have to come up with some new myths. Maybe a mutated alligator like creature that lives in swamps, occasionally attacking and killing travelers.

And of course, like the animals of RDR, all creatures would have the ability to be killed. Legendary(mythical) animal bodies can be sold if captured/killed for a high price.

yeah that would be f*ckin awesome rockstar need to make a myth that is actually real
EDIT: I might put Ratman in my family values topic and a sea monster in the oceans

Nah, there's no sea monster in NYC. The closest sea monster is supposedly in Lake Champlain, but that's waaaaaaaay upstate. New York does have some nasty ass raccoons and rats in Manhattan and the Bronx. My dad saw a rat the size of a cat in Harlem once.

well im gonna remove the sea monster maybe there could be a myth in each part of lc

Well, the problem is that IRL, NYC isn't really that type of city. It's a huge, dense metropolis. If anything, myths would be things like serial killers or ghosts. But creatures, that's country sh*t. If there was a big ass hairy monkey walking through Manhattan(Algonquin), I think somebody would notice it.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Sep 11 2010, 04:54)

Well, the problem is that IRL, NYC isn't really that type of city. It's a huge, dense metropolis. If anything, myths would be things like serial killers or ghosts. But creatures, that's country sh*t. If there was a big ass hairy monkey walking through Manhattan(Algonquin), I think somebody would notice it.

maybe i'll add ghosts and a serial killer

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Sep 11 2010, 01:20)
QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Sep 11 2010, 04:54)

maybe i'll add ghosts and a serial killer

yeah, that sounds better. It sucks that LC is so restrictive, but in reality, a giant mutant beast would hang out in the countryside or the forest/swamp, not a city, unless that city is Detroit.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (NoTime2Shine @ Sep 9 2010, 13:24)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Sep 7 2010, 14:49)
QUOTE (NoTime2Shine @ Sep 7 2010, 18:21)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Sep 7 2010, 09:22)
QUOTE (NoTime2Shine @ Sep 7 2010, 17:16)
(loving the story, maybe add CJ or tommy vercetti. Cj is an old
friend of Jason or Tommy is hired for you as an assasin. You invade
a house with him and trash the place! happy.gif
Best wishes

Mike

Yet another case of f*cked up GTA fandom.

Lol,
you got that right?! biggrin.gif

I meant that in a bad way.

You've got a good progress going on here Kwandilibro. Wish you focus less on the Mafia, I actually wanted this to be gang-focused only but you've pulled it off nicely.

Hungry? cookie.gif

Hi there
To me, you seem like a prick. You take the gaming
world so freakin' serious!
I mean, what's your problem man? You've commented on most
of my fourms leaving "sh*t" comments
; whats the deal mad.gif .

Your forums? What forums? And like Drift-King said, you didnt get the joke.

Sorry Kwandilibro for polluting your topic, but I just need to smack some sense into that lad.

Pac.
  • Pac.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:31 AM

Also i would add a Russian Criminal Gang, they have branches in Vice City just like the Italian Criminal Gangs, however the Russian criminal gang should be made up of corrupt KGB members selling rare weapons from the former Soviet Union and wars.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

I'd add more rock if i was you, in my opinion the south is the best part of the US, especially for music.

Add some more Lynyrd Skynyrd (Free bird), Creedence Cleerwater Revival (Born on the Bayou) and ZZ top (La grange).

I'm planning to make a New Orleans base topic myself.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (brownbear @ Oct 2 2010, 14:07)
I'd add more rock if i was you, in my opinion the south is the best part of the US, especially for music.

Add some more Lynyrd Skynyrd (Free bird), Creedence Cleerwater Revival (Born on the Bayou) and ZZ top (La grange).

I'm planning to make a New Orleans base topic myself.

Well I haven't really worked on this one in a while, since school has kept me nice and busy for quite a while. But I'm truly awful in the field of rock, which really isn't helping a southern based topic. I'm more of a rap person. So feel free to help me out on that part.

But TBH, I've been meaning to update Huron State for a while, but I haven't gotten around to it for the same reasons. Wasn't intending on updating this baby for a while. it's nice to know people are still interested though.

@Pac, I thought I did add a Russian organization? If I didn't, I'll have to put one in.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:29 AM

Added a new gang and a new character, more to come.

san andreas state
  • san andreas state

MERRY CHRISTMAS MUTHAPHUCKAAA!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:33 AM Edited by san andreas state, 24 October 2010 - 02:37 AM.

thank god you brought this back
love the south biggrin.gif inlove.gif

and i was looking at your HUD and its exactly what i need, so could you send me it please smile.gif but with some different colors, again please smile.gif

Pac.
  • Pac.

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

I'd change the ethnicities of Spanish Lords to simply "Latino".

I did alot of research on them and almost all latin ethncities are among them, since they are based on the Latin kings.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:38 AM

But in the south? Aren't southern Latinos primarily Mexican (minus Miami [VC])? Could be wrong though....

Also, I'm still debating whether or not to feature Houston in this equation. Any suggestions?

qwerty555
  • qwerty555

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

Nice!

IvoryX
  • IvoryX

My stories are your fun.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

Not bad, like the idea of summer cities in south with a street thug as a protagonist icon14.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (IvoryX @ Nov 11 2010, 08:52)
Not bad, like the idea of summer cities in south with a street thug as a protagonist icon14.gif

Thanks man (guys). happy.gif

Whenever I do get around to working more on this topic, I intend on adding Houston (the Land of Fat People), to the mix, since the south without Texas just seems wrong to me. I guess that'll fill up that huge blob of unnecessary ocean.

IvoryX
  • IvoryX

My stories are your fun.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

More cities--> bigger story-->bigger quality of this Concept Thread

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

Man, this thread looks really great, haven't read all of it yet. I have a question: Why 8 stars? I mean every other GTA had 6 stars. I just want to know why you changed it.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Oct 24 2010, 18:38)
But in the south? Aren't southern Latinos primarily Mexican (minus Miami [VC])? Could be wrong though....

Also, I'm still debating whether or not to feature Houston in this equation. Any suggestions?

You could feature Houston, but isn't your other concept based on Houston? Though it would make a great edition.

Anyhow, the concept's still looking great, has to be my fav on the forums. icon14.gif

PS: Give me a shout if you need any help on any thing.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (IvoryX @ Nov 11 2010, 15:51)
More cities--> bigger story-->bigger quality of this Concept Thread

Yeah I don't want to have too many cities though. I wanted them to be each unique in their own way, since a lot of the south is very similar. Which is why I was reluctant to include Houston. Regarding the storyline, well..... I just never got around to writing all of the missions. And IMO, the storyline itself cannot be written until the events of the plot are decided, which coincide directly with the missions.

@mati1501, I wanted something unique, plus I wanted the limited return of the military. So instead of having the military come at 6 stars, I figured that they could show up only at [7] stars or more. And that's granted you can last that long. Getting to 8 stars would be very hard without cheats, as the armed forces go from aggressive to ruthless, stopping at nothing to kill you. This is assuming that in terms of crime, the player would be more or less a terrorist at this point. I do, however, have to revise the system a little bit, as I really don't like the idea of helicopters flying around opening fire on vehicles and the player running through the streets, since it would be so easy to kill innocent civilians this way.

Basically, the current system wasn't doing it for me. I know cops in New York are f*cking animals, but things are different in the south.

@Mr. C to the J, NOOOOOOO. MY other concept is based on the Midwest. It's called Huron because a lot of locations in the Midwest are named after Indian tribes, and the Hurons resided in the Midwest (I think). Plus, there's Lake Huron.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

Yeah, you got a point there. Nice idea icon14.gif

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Nov 11 2010, 13:06)
@Mr. C to the J, NOOOOOOO. MY other concept is based on the Midwest. It's called Huron because a lot of locations in the Midwest are named after Indian tribes, and the Hurons resided in the Midwest (I think). Plus, there's Lake Huron.

Opps my bad, anyhow then, add Houston if you want to, it'd be a great addition, though, aren't you a bit high on the city count? Meh, it'll work out. icon14.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Nov 11 2010, 16:14)
QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Nov 11 2010, 13:06)

Opps my bad, anyhow then, add Houston if you want to, it'd be a great addition, though, aren't you a bit high on the city count? Meh, it'll work out. icon14.gif

Well, not necessarily. Those extra smaller cities you see, aren't intended to be actual cities. They're meant to be more or less suburbs of each city (though with varying distances from the original city). So it would work out like this-

Saint City-> Baton Rouge (I haven't come up with a parodied name for the suburban places yet)
Artendale-> Jacksonville (bare with me)
Vice City-> Tampa/Ft. Myers/St. Petersburg (......)

And for a Houston parody, we'd have a very large, spread out, almost suburb in itself (Houston and Atlanta really stretch the use of the term "city"). It'd also be very country (you know how the south is), with a lot of open woods, with little developments and neighborhoods in between, in comparison to Atlanta's spread out streets connecting to other streets randomly in a large failure of an attempt of a grid, surrounded by heavy wooded areas (it sounds the same, but it's not). And for it's suburban counterpart (even though it doesn't really need one), we'd have either Port Arthur/Beaumont or Texas City/Galveston.

If you're wondering why I chose Houston and not Dallas or SA or something, two reasons.

A) It flows better with the plot, as New Orleans residents temporarily fled to Atlanta and Houston for refuge after Katrina (Jason would have affiliates in both cities who were original residents of NO/SC).

I'm thinking in terms of geography, the storyline will flow more or less in a square, moving from SC to Artendale, from Artendale to VC, and from VC to Houston (whatever I choose to call it). The suburbs will have very limited involvement in the storyline, with the exception of a few minor transition missions here and there. However, they can be used for gang and drug territory, as well as business opportunities.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

Yeah I figured that, that was your reason for choosing Houston over Dallas.

Though I see now that most of those are suburbs, so it won't be as overwhelming as I thought. Anyhow, I still thinks it's an awesome concept. icon14.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Nov 12 2010, 16:39)
Yeah I figured that, that was your reason for choosing Houston over Dallas.

Though I see now that most of those are suburbs, so it won't be as overwhelming as I thought. Anyhow, I still thinks it's an awesome concept. icon14.gif

Yeah. And anyway, it's not like you're going to find any place like LC south of Philly and Baltimore. Once you hit Virginia, with the exception of a few places like southern Florida or New Orleans, most of the south is a variation of a suburb. A mighty country type of place if you ask me. Hence, I wanted to choose some typical southern places, but still have unique places like VC and NO, that don't follow the southern protocol in terms of general appearance and things.

Also, I have to make a correction. The story would progress by means of starting in Saint City, then to Houston or Artendale, then to VC. There's no reason to go from VC to Houston. Thus, everything thus come before VC.

Me also gots some new missions coming soon.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:13 AM

4 New missions.

Mission 2: Back 2 Business

Tre Deuce will text Jason on his cell phone, telling him to meet Tre Deuce at the corner of Jeffery Street and Long Street, at a small deli. He also tells Jason to bring a weapon. There will be a pistol lying on a discarded couch in the parking lot. Retrieve the pistol and meet Jason. After meet Tre Deuce, he tells you about a junkie who recently robbed him of his weed. The man is standing in a store a block away, surrounded by other armed junkie. Go to the store and kill the junkie. Be careful, as the other junkies will open fire on you as you are leaving if they see you. After evading the junkies, find a car and take Tre Deuce back to the projects. Watch out, as the junkies will be waiting around the corner with pistols and a shotgun. A hail of gunfire will erupt after they spot you, and it is suggested that you kill the junkies (or at least disarm them) before heading home, as they will continue to fire at you until you are out of sight, and will run with unusual speed. Once you evade the junkies for good, head home, avoiding any main roads, as they may attract a wanted level.

Boss: Tre Deuce
Reward: $30 (as you can see, Tre Deuce is short on money due to the recession)

Mission 3: Welcome Home

This mission is simple. Tre Deuce will swing by the projects to pick you up, suggesting that you drive, since he has been drinking. Take over the driver's seat. Tre Deuce informs you that Mike D, a childhood friend of the two, is being released from jail today after serving time in prison for assault. He needs to be picked up from the police headquarters in the Central Business District. All the mission entails is that you pick him up and drive him back to the projects. After arriving, the two will walk off, claiming that they are going to throw a party soon, once they gain some money.

Reward: Nothing

Mission 4: Re Up

Tre Deuce calls you, explaining that he and Mike D are going to the 9th Parish to re up (re stock on drugs). The two will be collecting a large quantity of cocaine and weed, and wish for you to come. Since you have no money, you agree. Get a car and meet the two at St. Patrick's Community Center in the 9th Parish. Bring a weapon, just in case. A blip on the HUD will indicate the location of the community center. After arriving, a large Hispanic man (probably of Mexican descent, walks towards the back of the building, with Tre Deuce and Mike D following. Follow them. The man will eventually open the door of a white van, retrieving two sets of 3 large duffel bags. He will hand Jason two bags. After receiving the bags, the man suggests that the three leave the area, as people may have been watching. Reenter your car. Take the drugs back to the projects.

Reward: 4 kg's of cocaine, 4 lb's of weed available to sell, unlocks the backpack (automatically worn, cannot be seen). *Drug Dealing is now available.

Mission 5: Back on the Block

Tre Deuce calls your cell phone and tells you to meet him and Mike D at another apartment in the projects (2 blocks away). When you arrive, Mike D spots Jason and tells him to follow. After the two walk a short distance, they reach a small house with boarded up windows. This is one of the many stash, or "trap" houses amongst the city's impoverished areas. After entering, other LPB members turn to glare at Jason, most likely out of distrust for him (as he has been in Artendale for so long). Mike D continues on towards the kitchen where Tre Deuce is seen dividing a brick of cocaine, with pots on the stove. Another suspicious man is seen dividing weed into small portions. Tre Deuce turns to Jason, signaling him to enter the back room of the house (the house only has 3 rooms, as it is a shotgun house). Here, Mike D tosses Jason a plastic bag with a brick of cocaine inside, telling Jason to "Get cuttin'". A short cutscene begins, where Jason is seen cutting the brick into smaller portions, then bagging it.

After the cutscene ends, Mike D directs you to follow him outside and into a car, duffel bag in hand. After a short drive around the corner, Mike D pauses to instruct Jason. "This yo corner man. Don't let nan' nigga try no funny sh*t. You feel funky, nigga jump. Buyer talkin' f*cked up, pop that ass on the spot. I ain't 'bout no muhf*ckin' bust. Nigga a pig, he die. Nigga try robbin', duck off and smoke that ass like suasage. Niggas runnin' up, get buckin'. And if ANY nigga call 5-0, or you see some one times, DIP!"

After exiting the car, you will have to wait on your corner for each of your customers. There will be three customers. When each customer arrives, a yellow triangle with "!" will appear over their head. When the customer approaches you, open the drug dealing menu and give them what they ask for (captions of the speech made by customers will appear on the screen). Watch your quantity meter. Beware, as the third customer is a police officer disguised as a prostitute. After serving the third customer, you will gain a two star wanted level. Evade the police by fleeing the seen and/or hiding. Once the player's wanted level has diminished, return to the trap house to give the gang leader (who is never seen), his share. All leftover money is profit. This mission will serve as a tutorial for the drug dealing system. AFter giving the gang leader his share, return to the projects.

Boss: Mike D
Reward: $360

More to come soon. biggrin.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:21 AM

Just dropping in to A. Get this thread moved to General GTA chat, and B. announce that I am going to completely rework this thread. The story will be scrapped and redone, the missions and storyline heavily modified (if not scrapped), and the overall format changed to be more organized. Basically, I'm making an entirely new concept involving the same locations, using a protagonist with th same name, but totally different. Not sure if I should make a new topic for it though.......

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Dec 19 2010, 00:21)
Get this thread moved to General GTA chat

Done.

Good luck with it. smile.gif

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

PM me if you'd like any help mate.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Wow!

I was browsing the concept threads, and stumbled on this gem.

This is a really good thread, and I hope you continue updating it instead of making a new one on the same topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users