Quantcast

» «
Photo

Grand Theft Auto LC : The Five Families

61 replies to this topic
Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:33 AM Edited by Unlimited, 19 August 2010 - 07:06 PM.

Rockstar Games Present...

user posted image

Theme Song (For now)

Table user posted image HUD
----------------
• - Introduction
• - Outline
• - Gangs
• - Characters
• - New Radio
• - TV
• - Clothing
• - Multiplayer
• - New Weapons
• - Side-missions
• - Assets

INTRODUCTION

Before you Read on, let me assure you that this is just an Idea for IV, and Events that could well have a chance of taking place years after IV. This DLC Idea also has nothing to do with IV's story-line exactly, if so nothing at all. However it is based on True IV characters, and what could happen within Powerfull families that Dominate Liberty Cities, Underworld. It could be another DLC whilst waiting for the new GTA aswell

OUTLINE

Many people in this City think that organized crime, primarily La Cosa Nostra is dead, Nothing could be further from the truth
- FBI

This game takes place in the Misty winters of 2010, As the men of honour carry on running the families. You play as 32 year Carlo Devino, an associate hoping soon to become a made man of the Gambetti crime family. Once carlo becomes a made member, he climbs his way up the family hierachy until he becomes a Capo of his own crew of soldiers and associates. He then starts working for Acting Gambetti underboss Roy Zito, who served Loyal to the fullest to Jon Gravelli, and is hoping to be voted in as the new boss of the family.

However, Sammy "The Bull" Bottino is the true heir to being boss of the Gambetti's, as now he has come out of hiding for a murder he commited in Vice City, a violent competition begins between the two of them. A war looms out within the Gambetti crime family, as carlo being a capo fights on behalf of Roy Zito, a decision has to made among all of the Capo's in Liberty city. One of them has to go, or else the family will be in rags.

This game will be about 50 missions long, Just like the Ballad of gay tony, we will be able to replay missions, when selected from your Mobile phone. Your safe-house will be located in Alderny, West-dyke in a quite well done up house located here. . In the game you will experience more side-missions and features as you play through it, such as Haircuts, different clothes e.t.c. Enjoy the rest of the topic.

GANGS

The Commission ( Five Families)

All of the Following families appear in the story at some point and are based on Real Life Families and their status. I will Start with the most powerfull crime family down to the lowest in power and size.

Pavano Family

Loosely Based on the Genovese crime Family, It is the biggest and by far the most powerfull, since it has been almost un-touched by law Enforcment and has earnt itself the nickname, The Rolls Royce of Organized crime. It comprimises of roughly 200-300 made men, and estimated 1500 associates.

Gambetti Family

Based on the Gambino Crime family, another powerfull and Big family, it has been hit hard by Law enforcment in the 90's but it is doing better than it was then and is still one of the main families controling OC in New York/LC. It comprimises of 260 made men, and estimated 2000-3000 associates.

Messina Family

Based on the Bonanno crime family, it is a medium sized and quite a powerfull family, it has been hit hard by law enforcment, but i think it is fair too say most of these families are now Re-building their empire. It comprimises of 115 made men and around 1000 associates.

Lupisella Family

Based on the Luchese Crime family, still a medium sized and quite powerfull family even after being hit hard by law enforcment, it is still very stable, and comprimises of 140 Made men, with over 1,110 associates.

Ancelotti Family

Based on the Colombo crime family, this is the weakest, least powerfull and quite a small family, although it is still a stable family, it is a shadow compared to the other families Due to all it's wars within the family in the 90's. it comprimises of 112 made members with roughly 500 associates.

Characters

Carlo Devino - Protagonist
Ethnicity - Italian American
Occupation - Associate/Soldier/Capo in Gambetti family and owner of Many legitamte busineses.
Age - 32
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luca Rizzo
Occupation - Associate of Gambetti family and Owner of a Union
Age - 50
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meyer O'Donald
Ethnicity - Jewish American
Occupation - Associate of Gambtti family and crooked politition, exchanging favours for Votes
Age - 43
Roy Zito
Occupation - Acting Underboss of Gambetti crime family, hopes to become Boss
Age - 35
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sammy "The Bull" Bottino
Occupation - Real Underboss of Gambetti family, starts a war with Zito once he comes out of hiding.
Age - 43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Radio

user posted image
Home of Classical music

Nino Rota
My Name is Lincoln
Springtime in Moscow
Primavera

user posted image
Home of RnB

Whenever Wherever Shakira
Oposite of Adults - Chiddy Bang
Look for me - Chipmunk
Until you were Gone - Chipmunk Esmee
Live your Life - Rihana
Juicy - Biggie small/ Notoriouse BIG

New TV

Now aswell as watching new TV channels, you can also buy different kinds of TV's by buying them, from HD TV's to those old fashioned ones. New TV channels include...

Almighty Freshness - Similar based comedy to the Prince of Bel air, black comedy staring will smith, around about 10 series of it, after that the cycle will repeat itself.

Crime U.S. - Based on a Fact file on different Organized crime groups around the world that are a threat to Liberty City, and how the FIB intend on tackling these problems and threats that harm our society.

Clothing

All these clothing Items, can be found in the wardrobe of your safe-house, just like in TBOGT, however you have the option in this to change different items with other items of your preference, if you wish to mix them up a abit.

1)Beige suit
2)Silk suit
3)Tracksuit top
4)Tracksuit bottoms
5)Leather Jacket
6)Smart shirt
7)Medallion
8)Tank top
9)T-shirt 1
10)T-shirt 2
11)T-shirt 3
12)White suit
13)Pimp Outfit
14)Shades
15)ring 1
16)ring 2
Multiplayer

This feature will be similar to IV's multiplayer, which includes death-matches and Team death-matches and of course free mode, however you are going to experience alot of new Multiplayer features in this Game aswell.

Family Wars
In this multiplayer task, you will be selected randomly into one of the Five families of Liberty City that Being, Ancelotti , Lupisella , Messina , Gambetti and Pavano crime families, in that colour.

You will be set of in a certain location of Liberty city or Alderny. Now, Whatever family you are in, half of you will be devided into Made men and associates. The Aim of the game is to Collect as much Money as possible to en-rich the family, However their are a few rules within the Cosa Nostra, Only Made men can kill made men, meaning if an associate kills a made man, the family looses $500. Made men can kill anyone they like because they are the Key members of the family.

Team with most Money wins.

Hitman
This Idea shares the same idea bassicly as IV, only this time, Instead of working for Kenny Petrovic, you work for Don Ancelotti, you play as a Hitman and up to 20 people can play at the time, either independantly or they can select themselves into teams.

New Weapons

Note here that all the Single handed Weapons like the Colt and Silenced pistol are this time actually single handed, for Double hand on the Pistols press R3 for better accuracy when firing long ditstance shots.

[td]user posted image
MP5

user posted image
Uzi

user posted image
Colt

user posted image
Silenced Pistol

user posted image
Gas Bomb

user posted image
Axe
  • EM_JAY_86 likes this

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

Side Missions

Truck Hijacking - Alot of Mafiosi around the City tend to find out what certain Trucks contain, could be Jewelry or it could be Thousand-dollar suits or electrical equipment. Usually you commence the mission, your contact will tell you where to go and where the truck is going to go, you are with two associates, who pretend their car is broken down, the driver therefore stops, then you leash out force the driver to step out, this allowing you to take control of the vehicle and deliver it to it's drop off point.

Car Shipping - Car shipping business belongs to Kenny Petrovic, this involves shipping back stolen cars ilegally to Europe on the Platypus ship. This mission can be triggered by going to the Platypus and meeting Kenny Petrovic, there will be a list of cars he shall ask you to collect, once all collected, you get paid a maximum of $20,000 and unclock special features like Car Modification work-shops.

Assets

You can easilly buy assets all around Liberty city, in Total thereb are roughly 20 assets available to buy all around the City to Launder your Money. Once bought, all you have to do is wait for your business to make money, to make it look like the money you really earn. You however can also recruit your men from banks so that they can launder your Dirty cash, into a nice round numbered check. You can buy into...

Night-clubs
Cafes
small Banks
Unions
Food Markets

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

This good, a really interesting read. Keep it up cookie.gif

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:18 AM

Solid idea, keen to see you bring it to life wink.gif

Kmeto 2
  • Kmeto 2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

Really good idea. cookie.gif I like italian-american mafia films, so I like this. tounge2.gif

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:30 AM

Just a quick question for you Sanjeem: Have you based the five families on their modern-day, real life counterparts, or have you based them on how they were in the game?

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Jul 7 2010, 11:30)
Just a quick question for you Sanjeem: Have you based the five families on their modern-day, real life counterparts, or have you based them on how they were in the game?

I have based them on their modern Real-life counter-parts, which in GTA they represent, to get a certain kind of feel across, many say La Cosa Nostra is dead, many statistics proove though that although they have been wounded over the decades, they are still in the game, and quite alive. They are doing better now than they were in the 80's and 90's, and i also liked the fact of a possible war looming out between Roy Zito and Sammy Bottino, both wanting to be the new leader of the family.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Jul 7 2010, 12:42)

I have based them on their modern Real-life counter-parts, which in GTA they represent, to get a certain kind of feel across, many say La Cosa Nostra is dead, many statistics proove though that although they have been wounded over the decades, they are still in the game, and quite alive. They are doing better now than they were in the 80's and 90's, and i also liked the fact of a possible war looming out between Roy Zito and Sammy Bottino, both wanting to be the new leader of the family.

Well, I like the angle you've taken by making Sammy Bottino appear to be based on Sammy "The Bull" Gravano, the situation seeming to echo what he and John Gotti did to Paul Castellano, only in the games situation their isn't a clear succeeding boss like Castellano was to Carlo Gambino. I do think you should stay true to the game in some way though. The Lupisella's for instance seem to be based on the Genovese Family of the past, with Vincent Lupisella echoing Vincent Gigante and his use of Anthony Salerno as a puppet boss, much like Lupisella does with his son, Mark, and the Messina's seem to have a strong relationship with the Gambetti's which I'm not sure the Gambino's have with the Bonnano's but then again I'm not sure of that fact.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Jul 7 2010, 11:59)

Well, I like the angle you've taken by making Sammy Bottino appear to be based on Sammy "The Bull" Gravano, the situation seeming to echo what he and John Gotti did to Paul Castellano, only in the games situation their isn't a clear succeeding boss like Castellano was to Carlo Gambino. I do think you should stay true to the game in some way though. The Lupisella's for instance seem to be based on the Genovese Family of the past, with Vincent Lupisella echoing Vincent Gigante and his use of Anthony Salerno as a puppet boss, much like Lupisella does with his son, Mark, and the Messina's seem to have a strong relationship with the Gambetti's which I'm not sure the Gambino's have with the Bonnano's but then again I'm not sure of that fact.

It sais "The Bull" aswell when you type Sammy Bottino in to GTA wiki. Also, i never looked at the characters and resembled them with the Organization, the thing is, some websites say that the Pavano's are actually a family out of the camorra, but they don't even operate anymore on a high standard in New York anymore...Different sites scream out different families and what they are based on.

The thing is how i worked it out is that, in IV Ancelotti's are stated as the weakest family so (Colombo's), then at the end when Jon gravelli dies, if you look it up on the internet it said "Will this weaken the competition between the Pavano and Gambetti families that rival each other" or somthing along those lines...well in real modern day life, The Gambino's and Genovese's deffinatly compete in size, however in terms of power, Genovese's are stronger by far. Then thise leaves the Messina's and Lupisella's, i judged them on their names by then (Luchese: Lupisella) e.t.c.

But then if my theory is correct then the mobster names that come up within each family do not fit in like you pointed out, so i decided thats the way i was going to do it.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Jul 7 2010, 13:10)
QUOTE (Tyla @ Jul 7 2010, 11:59)

It sais "The Bull" aswell when you type Sammy Bottino in to GTA wiki. Also, i never looked at the characters and resembled them with the Organization, the thing is, some websites say that the Pavano's are actually a family out of the camorra, but they don't even operate anymore on a high standard in New York anymore...Different sites scream out different families and what they are based on.

The thing is how i worked it out is that, in IV Ancelotti's are stated as the weakest family so (Colombo's), then at the end when Jon gravelli dies, if you look it up on the internet it said "Will this weaken the competition between the Pavano and Gambetti families that rival each other" or somthing along those lines...well in real modern day life, The Gambino's and Genovese's deffinatly compete in size, however in terms of power, Genovese's are stronger by far. Then thise leaves the Messina's and Lupisella's, i judged them on their names by then (Luchese: Lupisella) e.t.c.

But then if my theory is correct then the mobster names that come up within each family do not fit in like you pointed out, so i decided thats the way i was going to do it.

It's hard to tell with Rockstar, considering their history of making homage to things. The five families could be sourced from the lifespan of New York's families for all we know. But I'm confident you'll do it justice, you know too much about the mob! I'm surprised they don't have a target on your back by now.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

I might do some Missions aswell, but since i have the whole summer, i'm not going to rush into all that yet, Organized crime world-wide interests me on a whole, but yeah i do know quite abit about the Mafia. Mabey i'll be an Anti-mafia prosecuter when i'm older...although they do get killed, like Falcone in 1992 in sicily, mafia planned a road bomb and killed him his wife and his kids, and armed protection.

But yeah, this topic will be a work in progress through-out the summer tounge.gif

Drift-Kingz
  • Drift-Kingz

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

Great Job Sanjeem. You gonna make a map?

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Drift-Kingz @ Jul 7 2010, 13:26)

Actually i cannot make maps of Logo's either, i usually ask about in GFX section. Once my 5 day span has drifted by, i might ask in there if anybody can make a rough map. Anyway not much will be changed, i'll just use the normal Liberty city map, then ask people to label it with Assets, shops, the safehouse, and stuff like that.

Drift-Kingz
  • Drift-Kingz

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Jul 7 2010, 09:50)

Actually i cannot make maps of Logo's either, i usually ask about in GFX section. Once my 5 day span has drifted by, i might ask in there if anybody can make a rough map. Anyway not much will be changed, i'll just use the normal Liberty city map, then ask people to label it with Assets, shops, the safehouse, and stuff like that.

Same map huh? Well, the ideas and story is good so that's a relief that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif .

Anyways good luck Sanjeem. The thread is really working out nice so far icon14.gif .

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Drift-Kingz @ Jul 7 2010, 14:11)
QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Jul 7 2010, 09:50)

Same map huh? Well, the ideas and story is good so that's a relief that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif .

Anyways good luck Sanjeem. The thread is really working out nice so far icon14.gif .

Cheers, this is my main project for the summer, anyone else got any suggestions and critisism, because i'm not planning the missions for a while now.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

This is good Sanjeem, well done.

drscot
  • drscot

Step Into My World

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:53 PM

i like it! will it have IV's map?

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

Sanjeem, there is a difference between a soldier and a caporegime. A capo is higher up. I noticed you stated the protaganist was both an associate , a soldier and a caporegime . Was this intentional? Great idea all the same.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:16 PM Edited by Sanjeem, 07 July 2010 - 03:18 PM.

QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ Jul 7 2010, 15:09)
Sanjeem, there is a difference between a soldier and a caporegime. A capo is higher up. I noticed you stated the protaganist was both an associate , a soldier and a caporegime . Was this intentional? Great idea all the same.

drscot : yes it will, with different features on map
Thanks Mc-Champs!

It was intentional, yes i do know the differences, what i meant was that he is all three, first an associate, then a soldier, and when he becomes a capo, he has a crew of his own soldiers and associates. Bassicly it is his status throughout the game as time progreses!

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:57 PM

Mate the logo looks cartoonish to me i don't know just not like a GTA logo but i might come round to liking it however very good story and i like the whole concept very much just maybe change the HUD as well and make the colors different on it, Maybe add vehicles next as well.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Jul 7 2010, 15:57)
Mate the logo looks cartoonish to me i don't know just not like a GTA logo but i might come round to liking it however very good story and i like the whole concept very much just maybe change the HUD as well and make the colors different on it, Maybe add vehicles next as well.

Yeah i haven't found a different HUD, i might change it after, but i like the Logo that was made, with the bullet holes in it, and it's simple, i see lots of complicated and perculiar logos these days in the forums, i like this one because it is plain and simple...yes a vehicle list will be added, i will add cars,bikes and mabey even helicopters.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

Yes i just think it ain't simple in my opinion i don't know just doesn't have that mafia style effect at all to me mate which is a shame in my opinion as the concept is amazing.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Jul 7 2010, 16:46)
Yes i just think it ain't simple in my opinion i don't know just doesn't have that mafia style effect at all to me mate which is a shame in my opinion as the concept is amazing.

I thought it did, have you checked the Bullet holes in it, i thought it looked quite Mafia-style, i mean modern mafia style, not like the Godfather and everything despite the theme tune biggrin.gif

I like the logo in general, but hey i think it's the work that counts, and i changed the HUD.

psylipo
  • psylipo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

why shouldnt they put winter seasons???

how about that?

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

Looks good in terms of a whole concept and the new HUD is good however what is that line through the right of it?

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (psylipo @ Jul 7 2010, 17:03)
why shouldnt they put winter seasons???

how about that?

It is winter season in the game tounge.gif

If you talking about snow, it would just be to hard, its a nice thought but it would take up alot of space. icon14.gif

Booyacasha
  • Booyacasha

It is time

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:14 PM

Pretty good, need a new vehicle list cookie.gif cookie.gif

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:26 AM

Its nice to see another DLC out there.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

Yes the DLC concepts are always a good idea as not many people make them but this is good Sanjeem.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:42 AM

Thanks again, Soon i will have the Map, it will locate the Safehouse, assets and mabey a few mission Icons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users