Photo

Re-entering a tank

14 replies to this topic
Mr Zero
  • Mr Zero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

I'm nearly sure that when I played GTA2 years ago (I had the original disk) it was possible to enter a tank after getting out of it. Now that I found this f*cking great game again (downloaded from rockstar site) I noticed that I can't re-enter them. Is there a way to fix this really annoying thing? I have version 9.6.

pijotero
  • pijotero

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:36 PM

You can re-enter a tank, you can t?. Maybe it was a bug or the door of the tank was blocked by a vehicle or a building, that happens ussually, Try again, I m sure that you can enter a tank whatever you want.

Mr Zero
  • Mr Zero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:59 PM Edited by Mr Zero, 05 July 2010 - 09:01 PM.

This is strange... If you get out of a kill frenzy tank in Downtown after the frenzy has ended you can't re-enter it. But if you do it in Residental district you can enter the tank as many times as you want. I haven't tested army tanks and Industrial area tanks yet.

Gustavob
  • Gustavob

Martian

• Members

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:12 AM

AFAIK thats normal, it happens to me too. It only happens in Downtown though, but only seems to happen if you dont complete the kill frenzy and get out of the tank. If you complete the frenzy and get out of the tank, you can get in it again.

Mr Zero
  • Mr Zero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Gustavob @ Jul 6 2010, 00:12)
AFAIK thats normal, it happens to me too. It only happens in Downtown though, but only seems to happen if you dont complete the kill frenzy and get out of the tank. If you complete the frenzy and get out of the tank, you can get in it again.

Oh, thx for information. Do you know if it's a bug or maybe an intended feature of downtown tanks?

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

I suppose it's an intended feature, in order to make more difficult to get tanks in that district.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

I've noticed that problem as well in Downtown when I entered the tank in Frenzy mode where you have to destroy 20 cars or something like that... and if you get out you cannot re-enter it again. Is it because of a glitch that there is no 6 wanted level in Downtown district and therefore that's a possibility of why you cannot get back in a tank again.

Maybe is there a someway to change the wanted level from 4 to 5-6 from script in Downtown district only to permit to have a FBI or army?

The Yakuza Stop the Tank! (Red phone, second mission): That is the only tank to appear in Downtown district and (unfortunately you cannot steal a tank) you have to destroy it to complete the mission before countdown expires to fail the mission.

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:06 AM Edited by B-$hep, 12 March 2013 - 11:25 AM.

QUOTE (GAME MASTER @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 17:01)
Maybe is there a someway to change the wanted level from 4 to 5-6 from script in Downtown district only to permit to have a FBI or army?

It's easy to do, let me know if you really want it.

EDIT
Couldn't resist. It's done. Wanted level will be now max. 5.
I feel some strong satisfaction when patching / messing with .scr's LOL.

It's fun.

Where to upload it?

user posted image

LOL, car thief making his job again.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:13 PM Edited by Sektor, 12 March 2013 - 01:26 PM.

Green shirt shows up at the best times.

It's not a glitch that Downtown kill frenzy tanks lock on exit. The script contains the command CHANGE_CAR_LOCK (auto49, LOCKOUT_PLAYER).

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

How did you do it, B-Shep? It's amazing.

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

It's easy if you know what and where to look.
If you got any ideas what else could be changed, then please let me know.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:57 PM Edited by chapapote, 01 April 2013 - 09:06 PM.

Well, I would like to make changes in the map permanent. For example, the Zaibatsu barricade in the Residential district no longer appears after you've completed that Redneck mission, even if you save and exit, then reload the game. But other things, like the prison gate opening after the last Redneck mission, get undone when you reload the game.

Is there a tutorial where it's explained how to do things like that? I found some time ago something to do that with the Industrial district map, since it was the only one decompiled, but I didn't know it could be done with the others.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 20:57)
Well, I would like to make changes in the map permanent. For example, the Zaibatsu barricade in the Residential district no longer appears after you've completed that Redneck mission, even if you save and exit, then reload the game. But other things, like the prison gate opening after the last Redneck mission, get undone when you reload the game.

Is there a tutorial where it's explained how to do things like that? I found some time ago something to do that with the Industrial district map, since it was the only one decompiled, but I didn't know it could be done with the others.

I would also like to unlock or remove the gate that was always shut at RV mobile park where you have to steal the Red Limousine for Red Valdez in Operation Z! (one of yellow Zaibatsu mission phone), and that the same place after you done the riot in Alma Mater prison where you have to use the ramp to jump inside to change clothes to accomplish the mission. That small place is alway seal off.

What about the bridge in Tedium in Industrial District? There is no place or layout design from north of where you steal the truck in Payback! mission for Zaibatsu boss Uno Carb to take it back to safehouse. Is it possible to create a new layout design for north Tedium bridge?

There is no road for island near Tedium dock where you have to steal Rumbler in Grand Theft Auto! (one of Zaibatsu green phone in Industrial District), is it possible to create a new road?

Garage is what I need to store favourite vehicles, that would be great if it possible to create a garage in any district area.

Get Outta Jail Free Card and other power-ups in GTA 2 is becoming limited as there wasn't many in any district, specifically in Downtown District. There isn't many to spawn for these power-up grades.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:31 PM Edited by chapapote, 03 April 2013 - 11:34 PM.

I suppose creating a functional garage to store cars is too difficult, to not say impossible. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

About creating roads, I think there are map editor out there that could use. Google brought me this:

http://www.gouranga....gta2/editor.exe

http://gtamp.com/for...ic.php?f=4&t=83

About the power-ups, I think it would better to make the already existing ones regenerate (just like in the 3D GTAs) instead of adding more, but that's just my opinion. I think they would seem too cheap otherwise.

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

If you are talking about specific places / objects please specify also at least approximate locations. If you dont use power manager, then make some screenshots or something.
Or some easy way to get to the place, what's near the place so i can find/identify it easily.
I don't know all things from head and searching will be pretty time consuming. Specially when i m searching in wrong place.

I have some ideas how to add completely new items into scripts, even if there is no sourcecode. Until i of course finish the new script compiler.

Later it will be pointless, because you will be able to compile even the decompiled Residential script.

This stuff needs more work atm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users