How did Tommy Vercetti die?

210 replies to this topic
TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (romanzi777 @ Sunday, Jun 26 2011, 14:00)
Tommy don't die. This is say GTA's medicine smile.gif

user posted image

Do what?

BigAsHell856
  • BigAsHell856

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:29 AM

I find it so funny, that alot of people not only this forum, but everywhere say he died from a overdose.. How? He didn't do drugs, he only sold and had business that was about drugs.. of course maybe he started getting into drugs, like much powermen in his kinda of work, but keep in mind he abandon ken for that reason, Ken got worse with his addiction, and Tommy cut ties with him, probably because he was becoming a threat to him and instead of killing his best friend, he left him...

I believe either Tommy is still alive to this day or he did died in FIRE FIGHT!!!! Going down with a bang.... Rock* should release clips of the fates of old characters.. and it will be sad to see Tommy get gun down, but I will be happy to know what happen to him, after this whole time.... But also keep in mind.. though Vice City was based on Scarface, it was so different as well. Tommy didn't do drugs, he live at then end of the game, so maybe he didn't die after all

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

Used Car Acquisition Technician

• Members

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:48 AM

I think it's safe to say that we can't be sure. Can we end this discussion now?

Pixect
  • Pixect

We know what you want to know, before you even know you want to.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (MyDog @ Sunday, Jul 4 2010, 16:39)
Well, IV is a different era, so the graffiti with RIP are non-canon completely. How come that all protagonists died by 2008? Also, III was released before VC so at the time Tommy wasn't even created. However, the fact that he wasn't mentioned in LCS indicates that either he died, or Rockstar completely forgot about him.

And since the question is how did he die, I'd say he died in a traffic accident, suffered a heart attack, or got killed by police. With the empire he managed there's no way someone assassinated him.

I just can approve it.

Jeyhun001
  • Jeyhun001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

Well R* can make a DLC that includes undead Tommy Vercetti. That would be fun

Node
  • Node

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Trexon @ Thursday, Jun 23 2011, 01:01)
well, unless you havent seen it, theres a mission for Zero in San Fierro in SA, where a car is being chased by some cops, and a man is shooting back at the cops. if you look fast enough, Ken Rosenberg is driving, and Tommy Vercetti is shooting at the cops.

not that this matters much since SA doesnt take a game year to finish, and he was alive at the beginning, but it does prolong his life farther anyway, so...i personally dont see Tommy ever dying, but eventually, he will.

A mod?

Proof?

markusizr
  • markusizr

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:17 PM Edited by markusizr, 21 September 2013 - 07:22 PM.

tommy  never dies just he dies only by water and hatians 

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

Tommy isn't dead.

Rockstar just thought it'd be a brilliant idea when making GTA IV that "Anything that happened before VCS didn't actually happen. It was all an alterior universe so the games actually have no impact on anything that's happened ever. GTA IV is a brand new world"

GOOD THINKING ROCKSTAR.

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

He became shark bait after accidentally sending a reverse-turret Rhino on its roof on the beach and into the ocean at 130mph. Unfortunately for Tommy, those Rhino doors are not securely bolted to the vehicle and have a habit of falling off, and a shark found its way inside. :)

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:26 PM Edited by Masny, 25 September 2013 - 06:27 PM.

Shot in the back by some Boss : >

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

He became shark bait after accidentally sending a reverse-turret Rhino on its roof on the beach and into the ocean at 130mph. Unfortunately for Tommy, those Rhino doors are not securely bolted to the vehicle and have a habit of falling off, and a shark found its way inside. :)

Lol this actually happened to me, I was speeding like hell on a beach with Rhino, when suddenly it flipped and felt into the ocean.

theiceman13
  • theiceman13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

My opinion is that Tommy Vercetti didn't retire as there is no such thing as retirement as gangland lol ffs in real life there mob bosses in there 70s...in fact even older...the only way to retire is move out of country and even then, you either get killed or dragged into another money making scam.

In fact i say Tommy was received 30 years imprisonment in the year 2008 but in 2013, he was attacked by a inmate with a syringe filled with aids infected blood but it was done secretly...Tommy became HIV positive and was abandoned by his gang who labeled him 'a diseased queer'

Tommy later died a very slow death.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

Tommy was the one who placed Rosenberg in a rehabilitation center in San Andreas and, according to the GTA wiki, never speaks to him again despite Ken getting clean. Perhaps Tommy is killed during the time Ken is in rehab. 

CarloSpicyWiener
  • CarloSpicyWiener

Can't think of a cool title to put here.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

Tommy could still be alive by GTA V? By that time he would only be 62.

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

I think that RIP Tommy thing was just saying that the old characters (From 3 era) wont return.

This. I hate the idea of these "eras" though.

• DeafMetal likes this

Preet_GTA
  • Preet_GTA

GTA Gamer

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

well guys all of your questions can only be answered by rockstar. how tommy died,will they return or not,how cj died etc etc !!!

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Tommy was the one who placed Rosenberg in a rehabilitation center in San Andreas and, according to the GTA wiki, never speaks to him again despite Ken getting clean. Perhaps Tommy is killed during the time Ken is in rehab. 

That wouldn't make sense as in GTA SA: The Introduction when Ken is released from rehab the first thing he does it to try and phone Tommy from a phone box.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

I think that RIP Tommy thing was just saying that the old characters (From 3 era) wont return.

Same here. Kinda ruins the fun of the story if they just put them in different universes.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

That wouldn't make sense as in GTA SA: The Introduction when Ken is released from rehab the first thing he does it to try and phone Tommy from a phone box.

How does that event discredit the possibility of that theory? Does he actually talk to Tommy? I don't remember. 

Mr.ClaudeFan
  • Mr.ClaudeFan

Lord of Liberty (City)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

Well, IV is a different era, so the graffiti with RIP are non-canon completely. How come that all protagonists died by 2008? Also, III was released before VC so at the time Tommy wasn't even created. However, the fact that he wasn't mentioned in LCS indicates that either he died, or Rockstar completely forgot about him.

And since the question is how did he die, I'd say he died in a traffic accident, suffered a heart attack, or got killed by police. With the empire he managed there's no way someone assassinated him.

You do remember that if all these things happened to him, he'd just spawn back outside the hospital?

• theadmiral and weirdkerr like this

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:26 PM Edited by Shmiqq, 06 November 2013 - 04:27 PM.

This is why they should make SA Stories, how much fun would that be?

My guess is R*'s intention was to let the player decide how Tommy's future is. In 92, we figure he's a big time drug lord guy. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess. He could be dead at his age, or even back in Liberty City with big man Claude. Just like a movie without a sequel, it's your guess.

Btw, where did it ever reveal their birth years or ages? Ik for sure Tommy's is '51, but did they ever put up CJ's, Claude's, etc?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:19 AM

I disagree, I think Era's are great, because otherwise a lot of stuff wouldn't make sense at all.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

I disagree, I think Era's are great, because otherwise a lot of stuff wouldn't make sense at all.

A lot of things don't make sense BECAUSE of the eras. Kinda sucks looking back and knowing that III-VCS never even happened.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

My take of it is that the past Era Does Exist even in the current era, but the difference being that since it is an 'older' era, it is an older story told in an older fashion.

Look at it this way, look at how cartoon animation have evolved over time in the past century, heck, look at how video game graphic engine have evolved the past couple of decades. The limitations of past graphical achievements and past animation techniques led to different shape and forms of the same elements and characters.

So in a way, you can interpret it the same way with the two GTA eras.

Liberty City in GTA III is the same as in GTA IV, the difference being how it was told and shown. This lead to a great number of difference as well as an amount of similarities. The three island that made up for Liberty in III is the same as it was IV, there's an industrial island, a residential island, and a skyscraper filled island. The difference here for example is that it is flipped, the east industrial island is now the west, and yet, Salvatore's mansion which was in the north of the east industrial island, is now featured in the north of IV's west industrial island.

It's simply a matter of 'how and who' is telling the story, how much detail is included over the story.

Over time, we will see yet another rendition of Liberty City, which will again bare similarities with the one shown in III and IV, yet at the same time appear relatively different.

All the characters in the III era existed in the HD era, the transition is just made easier for the Disc Jockey characters, because they never appeared in the flesh/pixel.

In Grand Theft Auto V for example, in the Vinewood Boulevard there is the walk of fame which contains the name of several celebrity characters from both past and present GTA games.

Take a look for yourself and see if some of your favorite memorable characters both in-game and radio-hosts have secured a place in the boulevard.

Or just have the full list here.

http://gta.wikia.com...od_Walk_of_Fame

As to how did Tommy Vercetti died?

History probably repeated itself the other way around; one of his goons got locked up in jail for a long time, after the prison sentence he sent his goon to San Fierro and make the Vercetti Empire a coast to coast operation, but then his goon figured that San Fierro is run by idiots and it would be too easy to take over the city and keep it for himself ... and you know the rest.

And then Rockstar cooks up GTA VI.

Kprow11
  • Kprow11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:25 PM Edited by Kprow11, 21 November 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Because they don't indicate Tommy is dead in GTA 4, I personally believe that in gta 6 or the next big gta that takes place in miami, he will appear. I do not think he will have the same role (lead protagonist) but maybe a ken role? Depends when they choice to date the game and all. Just my two cents for ya fans!

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

Jesus, Nor Tommy nor any previous GTA (from 3D era) character will appear in the future games. Get over it, it's ended. No new histories will be added to the previous era. 

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

Different timeline,  in GTA IV and V,  Tommy, CJ, Claude, none of them even existed.

About the only people who have carried over across universes were Laszlow and Love Fist, both of which are basically running gags in GTA in general

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

About the only people who have carried over across universes were Laszlow and Love Fist, both of which are basically running gags in GTA in general

Maybe they were the only ones who made across through physical presence, but the Vinewood Walk of Fame is filled with names of past universe characters, not just disc jockeys.

And lets not forget that Fernando Martinez is still kicking and Jack Howitzer may explode at any time.

They've all existed in the same universe, some are just still alive and doing their bid, others just simply retired or went away to live quietly elsewhere.

It's the same idea with what happened to Niko Bellic in GTA V; it's still the same universe, but he simply isn't around anymore to do car jacking and drive by shooting.

And in next generation it'll be the same thing all over again.

Liberty City will once again be redesigned under the new technological capacities and new characters will step in. But even though they don't make direct references to GTA IV, it wouldn't mean that back in 2008 a Serbian contract killer wasn't making hits all over town.

It's past history, but that don't make it stranger to the 'current' universe.

Leviton
  • Leviton

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

Thomas "Tommy" Vercetti was born somewhere in october in 1951, Liberty City. His dad owned a printing shop and when Tommy was a child he used to help his dad by cleaning the rollers of the printing machines. He planned to follow his dads footsteps but chose a different life after he got older. It has been suggested that Tommy had a bad relationship with his mother.

Biography

In 1971, Tommy was 20 years old and joined the Forelli Family, a mafia family in Liberty City. He continued to work with the Forelli's, making his way up the ranks and presumably becoming a made man. Somewhere in 1971, Don of the Forelli family Sonny Forelli, growing apprehensive of Tommy's increasing power, attempted to set up an ambush for Tommy, under the guise of a hit in Harwood. Tommy was told to kill one man but instead walked into a trap which normally cost you your life. However, Tommy not only survived, but killed all eleven men sent to kill him. He was arrested and convicted of eleven counts of murder, but since he kept quiet and turned no evidence on the Forelli Family, they used judicial connections to spare him the death penalty or life imprisonment. Tommy remained in prison for fifteen years, never informing the LCPD of any Forelli Family secrets. 

After serving a fifteen year jail sentence, Tommy at the age of 35 was released in 1986. Tommy was released from prison after Sonny "pulled some strings". Sonny decides to send Tommy to Vice City, realizing that he is too well known in Liberty City; Sonny also wants to become involved in the drug trade. Tommy flies to Vice City along with Harry and Lee, meeting Ken Rosenberg at the airport, before immediately driving to a drug deal at the docks. The drug deal turns into an ambush, and Harry, Lee, and one of the drug dealers (Victor Vance) are killed. Only Tommy, Ken, and the other dealer (Lance Vance) escape the attack. Tommy informs Sonny of the ambush and is reminded that Sonny is "not a man to be screwed with; Sonny makes it clear he wants his money and his drugs back. Tommy initially works for Ken, starting riots and intimidating jurors. While working for Ken, Tommy also meets Lance Vance, the other dealer, who seeks revenge for his brother who was killed during the initial drug deal. Tommy also works for Juan Cortez, an intermediary for the drug deal, who begins to look into the ambush for Tommy. Meanwhile, Cortez has Tommy steal missile technology chips and kill Gonzalez, who had talked about the deal. Cortez, believing that Ricardo Diaz was responsible for the ambush, asks Tommy to act as protection for Diaz in a deal with the Cubans. The Haitians, enemies of the Cubans, ambush the deal, but are killed by Tommy and Lance. Diaz, seeing potential in Tommy and Lance, hires them to kill gang members who were stealing his money and steal the fastest boat in the city in order to purchase drugs from a dealer on a boat. Lance eventually attempts to kill Diaz for the death of his brother, but is captured by Diaz's men, though he is later freed by Tommy. The two subsequently go on to take revenge, killing Diaz in his own mansion. The death of Ricardo Diaz brings change to Vice City, allowing Tommy and Lance to step in and continue the crime ring established by Diaz. Tommy, however, begins to look beyond the protection rackets established by Diaz and purchases a number of businesses around the city, most prominently the Malibu Club, the Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory (a front for a drug running business), InterGlobal Films and the Print Works. After purchasing each business, Tommy helps establish their influence in the city. During this time, Tommy also begins to work for a number of smaller time criminals in the city, including the Cuban leader Umberto Robina and the Haitian leader Auntie Poulet (due to her drugging him), helping both sides attack the other. He also works for Avery Carrington's real estate business, Phil Cassidy's gun running business, Mr. Black's hitman business, Mitch Baker's biker gang, and Kent Paul's management of Love Fist. Tommy also went on to help Juan Cortez escape the city when the GIGN assault his yacht for the missile technology. Sonny Forelli, growing restless and impatient, sends some of his men to collect some of his money from Tommy's businesses. Tommy kills the collectors, although not in time to save Earnest Kelly, the owner of the Print Works, from being injured. Tommy decides to give Sonny fake money printed at the Print Works. Tommy meets Sonny in person at his estate to give him the counterfeit cash, but Sonny informs him that Lance has sided with him, betraying Tommy. A gun battle ensues, with Tommy killing both Lance and Sonny, who also confirms Tommy's suspicion that he was set up in Harwood. Following the deaths of Lance and Sonny, Tommy and Ken take over, becoming the most powerful men in Vice City.

After 1986

Tommy Vercetti continued to run the criminal underworld of Vice City after 1986; during that time, Tommy's relationship with Ken became increasingly strained due to Ken's cocaine addiction. Tommy eventually got Ken into rehab at the Fort Carson Medical Center in Fort Carson, San Andreas. Although Ken completed rehab and got clean of his addiction, Tommy refused to speak to him following this and essentially cut all ties. Why Tommy has done this is because Ken has done alot for him and the people who stayed loyal to Tommy and helped him, he refused to kill. So he sent Ken into Rehab at a medical center in Fort Carson and then broke all contact. In other words, it was that or he had to whack Rosenberg.

Sonny Forelli sends his men down to try and take all of Tommies assets, but you end up stopping them. And Tommy runs the mafia out of vice, he kills Sonny, and he ends up running the city with Ken Rosenberg. 
This confirms that it wasn't the Forelli's The Truth was talking about but the Vercetti crime family, after Sonny got killed the Forelli's went back to Liberty City. This took place in 1986 and what The Truth told Carl Johnson took place in 1992. The phonecalls made to Tommy by Rosenberg in San Andreas also took place in 1992 along with Rosenberg being cured from cocaine addiction. 

Tommy Vercetti is alive when GTA Vice City missions ends, which is in 1986 (GTA Vice City), he also was alive in 1992 (GTA San Andreas) because he did sent Ken Rosenberg to rehab in that year to get rid of Rosenberg without killing him. In 1998 (GTA Liberty City Stories) Tommy would be alive because in 2001 (GTA III) there is no sign of the Forelli's or any other mafia controlling Vice City other then the Vercetti crime family, which means Tommy is still running things in Vice City. And since it ends there, Tommy would now also still be alive at the age of 50. 

• Blingy likes this

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Merged the above post to this thread and removed mention of other gta protagonists... Post contained spoilers.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users