Photo

How did Tommy Vercetti die?

210 replies to this topic
MetaPhysics
  • MetaPhysics

Reality is neither relative, nor universal

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:06 AM

You could ponder that such a high influence on the III-era like Tommy Vercetti died. Or, you could think of what he did after the events of Vice City. What did he do about local gangs? Did he force them back into their hiding spots, or openly trade with them, hoping for a diplomatic relationship, but fearing and preparing for the day that gang challenged him.

Now as for his death, I suppose that he would have died of an elderly heart, whilst smoking a fresh Cuban cigar out in the Vice City waters, Atop a vast and aristocratic yacht. That is the death he might of wanted, and it is the death he hopefully got.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:19 AM

In San Andreas, Ken Rosenburg brings him up during a mission. He also calls him if you watch the introduction. And the same can be said for Maria at the end of GTA III. Screen goes black and we hear a gunshot. I want bodies.

Prasdana
  • Prasdana

Mickey Hennigan, Jimmy Toreno, The Last Protagonist will rule t

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:39 AM

Rockstar confirmed it was a joke.but i think:

Tommy:he is a retired man now
CJ:he is no longer Grove Street member and become great bussiness man
Claude:moves out from Liberty City
Toni:as well as Claude and Toni is trying to get Claude
Vic:die
Mike:lives in Colombia

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:59 AM

Prasdana do you think Claude Speed moved to San Fierro, the city he was born? It's a very nice city, without much trouble.

SanAndreasManiac
  • SanAndreasManiac

Now I am become death, destroyer of the worlds

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Aug 6 2010, 23:59)
Prasdana do you think Claude Speed moved to San Fierro, the city he was born? It's a very nice city, without much trouble.

how can you be soo sure that Claude was born in Fierro?
R* never really said a thing about his past, just because he used to own a garage there, it doesn't mean SF is his birthplace

ON: I just hope Tommy can be seen again, with Ray Liotta's voice acting and all, VC is my favorite GTA when it comes to story, ambience and soundtrack

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Hi SanAndreasManiac, I think he was born in San Fierro because of the garage, and the city is awesome and suits him. All we are sure is that he wasn't born in Liberty City, because El Burro says "You're new in Liberty City". Unfortunately we can't be sure in which city he was born, but I believe it was in San Fierro. But sometimes I think maybe he was born in the Countryside, from an imigrants family, but then moved to San Fierro.

GabrielVogel
  • GabrielVogel

Sniping some heads...

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

actually in my opinion, Tommy is still alive at least until GTA IV.
Since there is a graffitti saying: "Tommy you are still my hero", I think of 2 stuff:
-Sex Scandal(just like with Michael Jackson or Bill clinton)
-Police arrested him(drug scandal)

But in my opinion, he ended up being the most sucessful milionaire in Vice City, he married mercedes and he is on a political campaign, just like Donald Love did in 1998.

Besides, Tommy is smart. He problably legalized his bussiness before the police busted his ass off. Just like in The godfather part 3.

I just hope Ray Liotta comes back in GTA 5 to voice a older Tommy or at least Al pacino to voice tommy, since Tommy should be older in 2010(or 2011, whathever)

GabrielVogel
  • GabrielVogel

Sniping some heads...

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (pcguytech_2005 @ Jul 9 2010, 22:43)
QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Jul 7 2010, 22:31)
"RIP Tommy" in IV is probably just symbolic of the III canon being done with.

In any case, Tommy had been locked up for 15 years before the events of Vice City, so he is at least in his mid-30s at that time. Which means he's 40-ish come 1992 and 50-ish in GTA3. In the present day, 2010, he'd be pushing 60. There's really no "before" or "after" for his story since afterwards he's made it and probably has other people doing the dirty work on the streets, and before that he was in prison.

Face it, there's really not much else that can be done with the III storyline. There are a few loose ends (what became of Tommy is one) but not enough to justify making another game. Just IMO of course.

Kent Paul would have to go under a radical, implausible change in personality to be believable as a GTA main protagonist. He talks the talk but can't walk the walk. He probably couldn't even load a gun.

I was thinking the same, maybe a little over 60?
However he might be still alive (kind of living like the Godfather-- giving out orders) in his mansion.
I tried picturing what he would look like, so I came up with this--using morphing software.
user posted image
I messed up on the eyebrows, hair though. bored.gif

Sorry for double posting, but your tommy is looking like a elder CNN anchorman xD

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:49 AM

Continuing the III canon would be useless. People already complained that R* reused LC (even though only the name was reused, not the city confused.gif ). I prefer something brand new. That'll show how creative R* can get (like RDR).

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

Some crazy stuff on that internet!

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Jul 4 2010, 23:30)
I think that RIP Tommy thing was just saying that the old characters (From 3 era) wont return.

"Daddy, what happened to them after the story ended?"

"THEY'RE DEAD. YOU HAPPY NOW?"

Michael_J_Scofield
  • Michael_J_Scofield

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (Firefly8000 @ Aug 3 2010, 17:53)
I do however, think CJ may have died after San Andreas, i mean, he betrayed Salvatore Leone and a load of other crazies. (the Sindaccos etc.) I doubt he lasted long, Salvatore swore revenge and he makes no mention of it in LCS or III, which could suggest he got revenge before 1998 as this could explain why he doesn't bother mentioning it.

I don't think that CJ died on the end, there's a machinima series directed by a user called "mexicocar" on youtube wich tells that CJ, Sweet, Cesar all go to prison and break out, it's currently still airing, but remember, this is just fantasy created by a GTA SA fan, altought the series is good.

If i should tell the original afterlife, i think that he would just be running Los Santos with Sweet and Cesar.

And about Tommy, it's a fact that he never returned in other GTA's, except for being mentioned in SA, but i'm pretty sure he didn't died. Maybe he returns in the future GTA's, but i don't think so.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

Didn't R* have trouble with Tommy's voice actor, and he refused to do any more work?

Michael_J_Scofield
  • Michael_J_Scofield

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Oct 27 2010, 06:36)
Didn't R* have trouble with Tommy's voice actor, and he refused to do any more work?

Never heard about that smile.gif

Tommy didn't died, the names on the wall in GTA IV are just to announche that the GTA 3 era is over and that the characters won't return.

White Infernus
  • White Infernus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

Hmm...

Alright, first off the bat - I believe he is still alive. In game evidence in GTA: San Andreas lets us know that he is still alive up to 1992 at least (6 years after the events of Vice City), with Ken Rosenberg talking to him over the phone.

More little known evidence shows he lived up until at least 2002 - on the Rockstar owned website 'Kentpaul.com', we have Kent Paul telling the reader about what life was like in '86, set in the year 2002. If you go to the website > Click on 'Social Problems' then scroll to the bottom of the screen, you will find;

(see, Tom, I didn't mention your name, nowhere. Maybe you won't get us killed now, okay?)

However this may be non-canon & Rockstar have probably completely forgot about this since it was written in 2002 to hype Vice City up when it came out.

Now lastly, the evidence that MAY mean he is still alive is the famous Graffiti in GTA: IV which supposedly tells us that ALL the protagonists from the previous GTA's are now dead (and in fact the evidence we have taken to assume he actually is dead), but here's my theory:

On the wall you will find the following:

R.I.P Claude (GTA: III)
R.I.P Carl (GTA: San Andreas)
R.I.P Toni (GTA: Liberty City Stories)
R.I.P Vic (GTA: Vice City Stories)
and other phrases such as 'We love rocks', 'Everyone miss you', 'Mo Blood' and 'My heart is stone'. *

There is NO R.I.P Tommy message, the only message regarding Tommy is; 'Remember Tommy U R still my hero'. This message doesn't necessarily mean he is dead, it may refer to a lot of the fans who do miss the protagonist and that we have only heard next to nothing about him for almost a decade. The line '... still my hero' can be further speculated, but I won't go that far ha!

* Regarding Mike and the other random characters from the OLD GTA's, I have no idea where their names are. Obviously Niko & other new characters such as Huang Lee came after GTA: IV.

IF Tommy Vercetti turns out to be dead, I imagine it wouldn't be down to drugs, he fired Ken Rosenberg for snortin' too much. NOR would he be dead by the hand of a Forelli, since being introduced to GTA they have been gaining less and less power, Tommy deals a blow ('86), Carl goes to Liberty and has a gun fight in the Forelli restaurant ('92) and if I remember correctly Toni also sticks a boot in ('98). Thus, The Vercetti Family will presumably be bigger than where we left it in '86.

Anyway, if he has kicked the bucket, I expect it wasn't quiet. A blazin' gun fight with the Police is my guess!

danjodan
  • danjodan

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:15 PM

Everyone in the GTA 3 universe are dead as far as im conccerned.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (danjodan @ Mar 30 2011, 12:15)
Everyone in the GTA 3 universe are dead as far as im conccerned.

You'll change your mind when...er if San Andreas Stories is released on NGP tounge.gif

TheDavid
  • TheDavid

You ruined my life. (again)

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:07 AM

When San Andreas Stories is released, I may die a happy man...

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:33 AM

I completely disagree with you!
The R.I.P. Tommy Vercetti is probably a Joke, seriously GTA III era has nothing to do with GTA IV Era, GTA III Era Storyline has nothing to do with the GTA IV storyline.....
And also, even if they kill Tommy, he will just spawn to the nearest Hospital..... He is a f*cking tank, he can't die.....

Just Get wasted... But then... He will spawn at the nearest hospital alien.gif . Thats all.

TheDavid
  • TheDavid

You ruined my life. (again)

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:35 AM

Or Rockstar said, "How can we f*ck with 'em this time?" and proceeded to count their money.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:38 AM

What does that have to do with the discontinuation of the III storyline? Tommy was mentioned only once in SA and never mentioned again in the three games that came after VC but are still in the III storyline.

White Infernus
  • White Infernus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

There is NO R.I.P Tommy Graffiti, only 'Remember Tommy U R still my hero'

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:24 AM

I'd say Tommy died of a coke overdose or he and his gang were wiped out.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

Tommy wouldn't be dumb enough to die of drug overdose. I doubt he even takes drugs.

Ardee
  • Ardee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

I remember that graffiti too, I didn't see Tommy's name on it either. I thought it was just me.

Pretty lame brain theory:
No word on Tommy past SA maybe because R* couldn't get a hold of Ray Liotta (I read that there was some conflicts involving money). R* probably decided on 'forgetting' the character
due to the lack of the iconic voice actor. But Toni didn't get Michael Madsen for Stories, so then again...

If the story was to continue, Tommy most likely ran Vice for 10-20 more years before disappearing in some far off exotic country to retire like the Colonel. The guy was smart, a real wiseguy - the reason VC was excellent. smile.gif

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (MyDog @ Apr 11 2011, 10:24)
Tommy wouldn't be dumb enough to die of drug overdose. I doubt he even takes drugs.

I can't remember where but I remember hearing that he does cocaine.

Cash High
  • Cash High

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

Don't really know why this was bumped from 2010 or why it really matters, but most likely Tommy is dead, back in jail, or retired from the life. Living the life he lived, he wouldn't have made it that longer in the 80s. Most big shot kingpins from the 80s either died off, were jailed, or retired after the end of the 80s Miami drug wars.

Mak
  • Mak

Religion! ... Cause of Peace & War.

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Jul 8 2010, 07:31)
Kent Paul would have to go under a radical, implausible change in personality to be believable as a GTA main protagonist. He talks the talk but can't walk the walk. He probably couldn't even load a gun.

but didn't R* show that in LCS with Toni Cipriani ,in III i totally thought of him as a guy who live's with his mother tounge.gif but in LCS i got to see the real Toni smile.gif ,so R* has no problem making kent Paul the protagonists just think maybe he leads the British army in a invasion to take over San Andreas tounge.gif

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Schismatist @ Apr 11 2011, 22:20)
QUOTE (MyDog @ Apr 11 2011, 10:24)

I can't remember where but I remember hearing that he does cocaine.

The game does not say, anywhere whatsoever, that Tommy abuses cocaine. Tommy just works with it.

Leve-O
  • Leve-O

Sic Parvis Magna

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:53 PM

imo, Tommy is still alive in the GTA III universe. He's enjoying life and running his empire with an iron fist!

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (ghost of delete key @ Aug 3 2010, 11:50)
QUOTE (onlyname @ Jul 20 2010, 05:08)
GTA IV was not good at all in my opinion because it veered off a grand theft auto storyline that had been going on for 7 years. And 5 gtas used the storyline and cities of this one main storyline.

It occurs to me that IV may simply strive to develop a second branch wich merges with traditional III canon in future releases.

Gotta mix it up, ya know? smile.gif

Agree. I think we may see an interesting turn around with the next GTA game.

It's funny... I wrote a fanfiction with Tommy being an old man, having Gay Tony as his life partner, and eventually being killed by Claude.

I'd love to see a Good Bad and the Ugly rendition, where we see Tommy, the old style Mafia/Drug Lord; Carl, the big time gangsta; and Claude, the Liberty City anarchist (I imagine that he is, at least). Tommy = Lee Van Cleef, Carl = Tuco, Claude = Blondie. Perhaps the last man standing will go against Niko, Johnny, and Luis? Perhaps the old characters won't return and we will see a similar plot with the new comers?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users