» «
Photo

How did Tommy Vercetti die?

210 replies to this topic
GritEngine
  • GritEngine

I♥R*N

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:27 PM Edited by GritEngine, 04 July 2010 - 04:30 PM.

Tommy Vercetti as most know is most probably dead. To highlight for those who may not have played IV or remember all the details of the games:

1: GTA IV "RIP Tommy Vercetti" on the walls

2: Despite the fact that SA and GTA III and LCS takes place long after the events of Vice City, Tommy is never brought up ever again. Only by a parrot, who only loosely relates to tommy as tommy is technically the GTA version of scarface, and the parrot quotes that movie, and is ken Rosenberg companion, and scarface died too, while tommy and ken survived the end of GTA VC, and ken never mentions his times with tommy in VC.

3: though there would be no reason to know about tommy before VC came out (III), and maybe there is no real reason for Ken to talk about him in LV at all, but wouldn't any of the characters from Vice who ended up in LCS mention him? Avery? Donald Love? No one? What about the crime family, why no mention?

So I was wondering, is there any mentions I just forgot, and has there been any hints to what really happened to tommy vercetti? I am convinced that he did not live til San Andreas.

Thanks in advance, I'd like more information about this.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

Well your definitely wrong about him not living to SA, in the special edition disc there is a long intro video, in which Ken Rosenberg calls Tommy using a payphone. irrefutable proof he lived at least until the start of SA

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

Well, IV is a different era, so the graffiti with RIP are non-canon completely. How come that all protagonists died by 2008? Also, III was released before VC so at the time Tommy wasn't even created. However, the fact that he wasn't mentioned in LCS indicates that either he died, or Rockstar completely forgot about him.

And since the question is how did he die, I'd say he died in a traffic accident, suffered a heart attack, or got killed by police. With the empire he managed there's no way someone assassinated him.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

Until I hear something concrete, I'm going to assume that Tommy lived for a good time after VC, maybe he's still alive now (present day in the III universe).

Why should they mention him in LCS?

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

That's what I was wondering, Tommy lived in LC during the 70's not the 90's

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (MyDog @ Jul 4 2010, 16:39)
With the empire he managed there's no way someone assassinated him.

No f*cking sh*t!? The mob could have found a way to kill him after what he did to Sonny. A sniper could off him easily from a distance.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Jul 4 2010, 20:00)

No f*cking sh*t!? The mob could have found a way to kill him after what he did to Sonny. A sniper could off him easily from a distance.

I'm defeated. When I posted that I didn't think of snipers.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (MyDog @ Jul 4 2010, 21:11)

Or ninjas.

You end Diaz. What makes you think Tommy couldn't follow suit and be assassinated as well?

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:30 AM

I think that RIP Tommy thing was just saying that the old characters (From 3 era) wont return.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:27 AM

I never saw "R.I.P Tommy" on that graffiti wall, merely "Remember Tommy, u r still my hero". I wouldn't think anything of that if I were you, but it is an interesting concept, whatever became of Tommy Vercetti.

Tommy seemed to be an incredibly intelligent individual, very sure of what he wanted, very sure of how he was going to go about it. He knew Sonny Forelli couldn't control him in Vice City, as Sonny was in Liberty, and took the opportunity to construct his own empire aswell as having avenues to appease the Forelli Family if need be. The only way they actually got to Tommy in the end was because of Lance Vance. And even then, he obliterated both Lance and Sonny.

The ending, I think, leaves the impression that Tommy became a very successful man with a mansion, criminal empire and such, but also leaves the impression of constant threat. That moral that, he may have exacted revenge against the man that had him imprisoned for fifteen years - would of had him murdered in 1971 if it was not for the fact Tommy battled his way through the assassins - and he may well of spent those fifteen years plotting to exact said revenge on Sonny Forelli, but by doing so, now has a target on his back for the rest of his days, much like Henry Hill "living like a schnook" at the end of Goodfellas, waiting for the bullet to come.

Would the Forelli's have caught up with him eventually? I'd say no. I wouldn't of thought they had the power. They faltered so much after Sonny's death that their loss of power allowed the Sindacco Family to move in on turf they once controlled from Las Venturas. They were on a constant down hill spiral from 1986 forward, they wouldn't of had the resources, what with a constant struggle with the Liberty City Mob, Yakuza, Cartel and all.

The only downfall for Vercetti I could see would be in an event that he ended up incarcerated once again. He wouldn't go down without a fight, and would probably end up going out in a blaze of glory.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

What would've been the point in referencing him in LCS? Remember LCS takes place in 1998, and the last time Tommy was in LC was in 1971. That's 27 years.

Well we know Tommy is atleast alive by 1992, but his fate is un-accounted for after this. I personally believe he lived up until the late 90s, and died. Most likely from a drug overdose.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

I can't really see Tommy taking drugs at all, nevermind ODing.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (Canoxa @ Jul 4 2010, 23:12)
QUOTE (MyDog @ Jul 4 2010, 21:11)

Or ninjas.

You end Diaz. What makes you think Tommy couldn't follow suit and be assassinated as well?

Tommy's much powerful than Diaz. He has Cuban protection, biker protection, territory, everything...Diaz was in control of Starfish Island only. Tommy is control of the whole city. Also don't forget he's a one man army. Not a mob would ever break through his mansion and kill him. They would get killed by Vercetti family, Cubans, bikers and maybe Cortez's reinforcements, or Tommy would escape.

Kalvin'
  • Kalvin'

----------

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

Well, some ppl mentioned (maybe R*) tht "Old Tommy" was gonna be in San Andreas.. but he was erased, so Tommy must still be alive in the SA canon.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

I don't wanna to believe that all GTA protagonists have died!!!!I love them!!!!BRING THEM BACK ROCKSTAR!!!! wow.gif wow.gif
  • Vapizt likes this

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Jul 5 2010, 21:00)
I don't wanna to believe that all GTA protagonists have died!!!!I love them!!!!BRING THEM BACK ROCKSTAR!!!! wow.gif wow.gif

I kinda agree, tbh.

GritEngine
  • GritEngine

I♥R*N

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

Interesting stuff here. It's just that, I can't get over how with so many other games to play that are taken place later, we never heard from him again! So wild.

Also, now I will watch the introduction again to see what was said between Ken and Tommy - thanks for that!

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (GritEngine @ Jul 6 2010, 19:01)
Interesting stuff here. It's just that, I can't get over how with so many other games to play that are taken place later, we never heard from him again! So wild.

Also, now I will watch the introduction again to see what was said between Ken and Tommy - thanks for that!

tounge.gif yeah when I saw it I was like biggrin.gif , imagine if they did SA stories on psp with Tommy giving missions, tounge.gif and I reckon it should be set before SA playing as kent paul working to get a recording business meeting lovefist etc tounge.gif

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Jul 7 2010, 16:47)
QUOTE (GritEngine @ Jul 6 2010, 19:01)

tounge.gif yeah when I saw it I was like biggrin.gif , imagine if they did SA stories on psp with Tommy giving missions, tounge.gif and I reckon it should be set before SA playing as kent paul working to get a recording business meeting lovefist etc tounge.gif

Why you gotta be sarcastic to the guy?

Agree though, I wish that R* would have continued the history of the old characters in some way.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:31 AM

"RIP Tommy" in IV is probably just symbolic of the III canon being done with.

In any case, Tommy had been locked up for 15 years before the events of Vice City, so he is at least in his mid-30s at that time. Which means he's 40-ish come 1992 and 50-ish in GTA3. In the present day, 2010, he'd be pushing 60. There's really no "before" or "after" for his story since afterwards he's made it and probably has other people doing the dirty work on the streets, and before that he was in prison.

Face it, there's really not much else that can be done with the III storyline. There are a few loose ends (what became of Tommy is one) but not enough to justify making another game. Just IMO of course.

Kent Paul would have to go under a radical, implausible change in personality to be believable as a GTA main protagonist. He talks the talk but can't walk the walk. He probably couldn't even load a gun.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

Mainland Marauder GTA III has awesome characters!!! I want to see Claude again cryani.gif

pcguytech
  • pcguytech

• Members

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Jul 7 2010, 22:31)

In any case, Tommy had been locked up for 15 years before the events of Vice City, so he is at least in his mid-30s at that time. Which means he's 40-ish come 1992 and 50-ish in GTA3. In the present day, 2010, he'd be pushing 60. There's really no "before" or "after" for his story since afterwards he's made it and probably has other people doing the dirty work on the streets, and before that he was in prison.

Face it, there's really not much else that can be done with the III storyline. There are a few loose ends (what became of Tommy is one) but not enough to justify making another game. Just IMO of course.

Kent Paul would have to go under a radical, implausible change in personality to be believable as a GTA main protagonist. He talks the talk but can't walk the walk. He probably couldn't even load a gun.

I was thinking the same, maybe a little over 60?
However he might be still alive (kind of living like the Godfather-- giving out orders) in his mansion.
I tried picturing what he would look like, so I came up with this--using morphing software.
user posted image
I messed up on the eyebrows, hair though. bored.gif

WSD1993
  • WSD1993

[NWA]WSD

• Members

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE (pcguytech_2005 @ Jul 9 2010, 22:43)
QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Jul 7 2010, 22:31)

I was thinking the same, maybe a little over 60?
However he might be still alive (kind of living like the Godfather-- giving out orders) in his mansion.
I tried picturing what he would look like, so I came up with this--using morphing software.
user posted image
I messed up on the eyebrows, hair though. bored.gif

I know this is a bit off-topic but what software are you using for that?
This would go great with my first Total Conversion mod. biggrin.gif

But anyways, to stay on topic, he probably died from a mafia war or something.......
Just an opinion! xD

pcguytech
  • pcguytech

• Members

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:11 PM

^^ Morph man 4. (Using two images then with any image editing software like PSP or Paint.net.)

Imo, he's still alive somewhere. I don't think we've seen the last of him. wink.gif

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

I don't know is he alive, but if he is, I would like to see him, at least, once again.
and ken never mentions his times with tommy in VC.

Ken did mention his times with Tommy in VC. Remember the mission with meat and huge fridges in Las Venturas? There he said:
"Just like in the old days, with Tommy!", or something like that. Then CJ asked:
"Who the f*ck is Tommy?"

Remember?

onlyname
  • onlyname

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Jul 5 2010, 21:00)

I agree 100%. GTA IV was not good at all in my opinion because it veered off a grand theft auto storyline that had been going on for 7 years. And 5 gtas used the storyline and cities of this one main storyline.

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

Tommy could have had almost an infinite number of endings to his story.

Until R* puts a word on it though, then he is immortal in Vc as a ruler that pushes any small time business out, and keeps the Biker's and Cubans in.

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

aggronormical

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (onlyname @ Jul 20 2010, 05:08)
GTA IV was not good at all in my opinion because it veered off a grand theft auto storyline that had been going on for 7 years. And 5 gtas used the storyline and cities of this one main storyline.

It occurs to me that IV may simply strive to develop a second branch wich merges with traditional III canon in future releases.

Gotta mix it up, ya know? smile.gif

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

Honestly, dont you people see the memorial graffiti is non-canon??

we know because the 2 era's are different (basically different universes - for the dumb people) so rockstar is just saying R.I.P. because we'll never see them again, they don't exist in this era. It's an easter egg.also it cant be canon because we now know that Claude Speed is in GTA III and GTA 2 as the protagonist and it goes like this

GTA III - 2001, GTA IV - 2008, GTA 2 - '3 weeks into the future' or 2013 as some people suggest.

now if the R.I.P message is in 2008, how can he be dead in 2013 or whenever in the future?

if it doesn't work for claude, why should it work for anyone else? except Vic, obvs.

I do however, think CJ may have died after San Andreas, i mean, he betrayed Salvatore Leone and a load of other crazies. (the Sindaccos etc.) I doubt he lasted long, Salvatore swore revenge and he makes no mention of it in LCS or III, which could suggest he got revenge before 1998 as this could explain why he doesn't bother mentioning it.

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

Tommy is still alive, kicking ass as always. cool.gif
  • Stevilknievel likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users