Wimbledon 2011

44 replies to this topic
Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Wednesday, Jun 29 2011, 16:25)
Federer... bottled it? Wow.

Commentators saying he's never lost a grand slam tie after taking a 2-0 lead, credit to Tsonga for keeping his head up though, he just seemed to go in power mode from the third set onwards.

Fed cryani.gif .

Carter.Slade
  • Carter.Slade

A Dark Passenger

• Members

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:10 PM

Now Nadal will win fosure.

Josh
  • Josh

I don't even see one familiar star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:24 PM

I personally think that Djokovic will win this year.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

I am also a Djokovic fan. I believe he is smart when playing and figures out where to hit the ball through in every single play. While Nadal usually uses his strength to make the opponent run around the court (which also works), but the main reason Federer was capable of beating Nadal all those matches is because players like Federer (and Djoko) use their finesse moves to throw Nadal off, but Federer has more skills and experience against Nadal. So if the final turns out to be Djokovic and Nadal I still think Nadal will win, but I am still in favor of Djokovic.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Boss

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:13 AM

I backed Djokovic from the start and now he is in the Semi-Final. I think he will beat Tsonga and advance to the final and then he has a massive chance of winning.

Hopefully Murray will beat Nadel and then I really did get it right.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:59 AM

A DjokovicvsMurray final could be in store. Nadal's a bit injured, and Murray ain't Mardy Fish.
Still my Wimbledon favorite this year was Federer, well mostly because of his recent form, but Tsonga's really good, he really did him good.

JoeyLeone25
  • JoeyLeone25

AMF Elder

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

I'll admit I wasn't a fan of Murray, but after watching his performance against Lopez I was surprised and while I still think it will be one hell of a feat for him to beat Nadal, I do think he has more of a chance than last year when Rafa beat him 6-4, 7-6, 6-4. But with that said, if he gets past Nadal he's still got face Djokovic who seems to be in the form of his life, and Wilfried-Tsonga who also seems to be good form and will no doubt want retribution for his Queen's loss. Personally I think it will be a Nadal vs Djokovic final, but a Murray vs Wilfried-Tsonga final, ala replay of Queen's, would also be a brilliant game for the fans.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

So Novak Djokovic makes it to the final and in turn is guaranteed to be number 1 come Monday. I thought Tsonga was going to do it again after he won that third set but Novak held in there.

Murray started off with a blinder and won the first set but now Nadal is blitzing Murray, currently won the last 6 games.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

Hoping for a Murray-Djokovic final, and a 5 set cracker!

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

Well its Nadal vs Djokovic, I really wanted the muhammad ali lookalike Tsonga to get through to the final (always support the underdog), Its going to be a great final though, Djokovic is clever, Nadal is powerful, will be interesting to watch, just glad its not Nadal vs Federer this year !

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

I wanted Murray-Djokovic due to the tension and all that. If Novak would go 2:0 up in the sets, Murray would probably get the support from the whole crowd then and the match would heat up to the maximum(like the crowd tried to do in 4th set vs Nadal yesterday)

This way, Novak became world number 1 for the first time ever now, and Nadal's a bit injured and wants to defend the title and prove he's better despite losing top spot. But Novak would also want to prove that. Still i see less tension this way, and i believe it'll be a 3 setter.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:26 PM

Novak the destroyer is tearing up Nadal, he's got an answer for all these powerful strokes from Nadal and has broken him 3 times already, serving for the second set at the minute.

No bullsh*t about the injury because Nadal seems fine.

deli2000
  • deli2000

It was the best of times, It was the blurst of times

• Members

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

NOVAK WINS!!

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Boss

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

I backed Novak to win and I so wish I put a bet on mad.gif

JoeyLeone25
  • JoeyLeone25

AMF Elder

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Sunday, Jul 3 2011, 15:26)
Novak the destroyer is tearing up Nadal, he's got an answer for all these powerful strokes from Nadal and has broken him 3 times already, serving for the second set at the minute.

No bullsh*t about the injury because Nadal seems fine.

Yea, on the day Nadal was simply out-played by Novak who played superbly by constantly dominating Nadal's serve and breaking the Spaniard when it mattered. The tennis he played in the second and fourth sets showed that he does deserve to be in that number one spot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users