DYOM Missions review

1,656 replies to this topic
AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:16 PM

Hello everyone,

Today I'm going to review 2 missions made by Doublepulse. They're part of the Las Venturas Crew series.

The missions can be downloaded from Doublepulse Las Venturas Crew topic at: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=452913.

Now, it's time for the review,

- Writing: Very Good . There's some typing mistakes that I found but they're less noticeable, especially since the characters are using some profanity words, it's already cool.
- Presentation: Very Good . The camera angle for the cutscenes are pretty much accurate and a good amount of them actually helps to understand better the storyline of the missions.

Meeting with Charlie:
- Length: Very Good , as it can be done in 8 minutes. the player plays as the Tenpenny-like character named Officer Williams. He has been tasked by the Jizzy-like character named Charlie to get the money from each hoes in 3 different locations around Las Venturas.
- Difficulty: Easy . The player just have to follow the objectives such as pickup the money from the hoes. There's some enemies with melee weapons, however they can be dealt without much trouble with the initially equipped shotgun.
- Variety: Good amount of veriety which includes Officers Williams, Hernendez, Charlie, some prostitudes and some civilians as enemies with weapons such as shotgun, flowers, knife and dildo and a police car.

Saving Your Sister:
- Length: Excellent , as it can be done in 13 minutes. The player plays as Markus, the son of Officer Williams and he must fight against the enemy gangsters inside Charlie's hideout at the west extremity of Las Venturas with his friends in order to save his sister Michelle
- Difficulty: Hard . The Charlie's hideout is basically the Smoke's palace in disguise, so the gunfights are pretty much similar comparing to the official "End of the line" mission. Except it is much harder, because of the enemies carrying weapons with high accuracies, some of them can't be headshotted and your allies who aren't able to follow you in narrow corridors. Fortunately, healthpacks and armor are quite plentiful. The player must escape the hideout for a limited time after saving Michelle.
- Variety: Very Good amount of variety which includes Officer Williams, Hernandez, the look-a-like Sweet and Ryder Characters, the thug civilians, the ballas, the mafias, the female pedestrian Michelle and the pimp Charlie with weapons such as AK-47, M4, MP5, Shotgun, Combat Shotgun Sawn-off Shotgun, Pistol, and Chainsaws with an objective car from the starting point of the mission.

Overall, the missions are very good icon14.gif . Each mission fits the progression of the storyline quite well without any noticeable plot-holes. Good job for the author and keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

iLiR
  • iLiR

Spinnin'

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

Wow, you're cool man. Your reviews are very nice.. Can you please review one of my missions?

Here's link: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8160

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:50 PM

AznKei, thanks for the review, it was helpful alot and I'm looking for ways to fill the plot holes a little bit with some of the characters I ignore over time without adding too many more missions.

LOL even though it doesnt matter and they both sound familar. Officer Hernandez skin, lol but his name was Mendez, even though Hernandez sounds a little better.

icon14.gif icon14.gif Doublethumbs up and thanks for the review.

GTA-MANNY
  • GTA-MANNY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:35 PM

Hi

I have been reading through some of your reviews and I think they are great. I would like to ask you if you could review my missions as I have spent alot of time on creating them. Your reviews would help me create better missions next time.

The missions are, Countryside Chaos and Mission Impossible Part 1

Thank you

GTA-MANNY

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:36 PM Edited by AznKei, 24 September 2010 - 06:38 PM.

Hello everyone,

Today I'm going to review a mission made by ilir. The mission is called First time racing .

To download this mission, please follow this link at: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8160.

Now, it's time for the review:

- Writing: Very Good . Even though there aren't many dialogues or instructions in this mission, they're generally very well written overall with accurate punctuations and grammatical structures and such.
- Presentation: Very Good . nice viewing angle between different cutscenes. Nice "enter the car and drive away from the screen" scenes for each present characters there.
- Length: Short , as it can be done in 3 minutes. As the title of the mission suggests, it's mainly a racing mission. The main part is that the player must complete in 2 minutes racing around San Fierro, otherwise he fails.
- Difficulty: Medium . There's no traffic, nor pedestrians during the car racing. However, the racing distance is pretty much on par of the time to complete the course, which means that the player can't allow many mistakes and more accurate drivings in order to pass the mission. Use the surrounding environments to your advantage.
- Variety: Decent amount of character models such as the unnamed protagonist, his friend George and the CJ look-a-like character named Smith with each their own racing cars. No weapons.

Overall, the mission is simple yet fun to play icon14.gif . It's more focused on the player driving skills because of the stricter time limit and having a good sense of observation in order to save time during the race. However, it might be a little more interesting if there's obstacles such as car roadblocks. Otherwise, Good job for the author to make this mission and keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:16 PM

Could you please review New kings Part I and II from TBOTV?

GTAExpert1000
  • GTAExpert1000

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:46 AM

Could you please review my mission "Home Defense"?

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

Hello everyone,

Today I'm going to review 2 missions made by GTA-MANNY. Each of these missions has an independent storyline so they aren't related each other.

To download these missions, please go to the following links:

- Countryside Chaos : http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8033
- Mission Impossible part 1 : http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=7820

Now, let's go on into the review,

- Writing: Very Good . While there's some lack of apostrophes and some typing mistakes, the overall writing is very well done. Each dialogues and descriptions, gives you a tip of how the player should proceed during the missions.
- Presentation: Very good . Nice viewing angles between different cutscenes and nice use of different animations in order to bring more life to the mission storylines.

Countryside Chaos:
- Length: Long , as it can be done in 16 minutes. The enemy gangsters appeared around the player's hometown, at Las Barricadas countryside, and tried to disturb the peace there. The unnamed player must kill all of those "invaders" by gunfighting outdoors and indoors around the desert countryside.
- Difficulty: Hard . While the player is equipped with a shotgun, a sniper rifle, a homing launcher and a m4, even having some allies assisting him, the enemies, with their very good accuracies, can still cause some troubles, as they also have very powerful weapons such as the country rifle and the rocket launcher. Not to mention, with the lack of healthpacks and armors and the constant cop interferences, it can be annoying for an average player.
- Variety: Excellent amount of characters models, which includes urban peds, countryside peds, bodyguards and the mafias with weapons such as m4, ak-47, shotgun, rocket launcher, homing launcher, country rifle, mp5, tec-7 and sniper, vehicles such as motorbikes and objects such as ramps.

Mission Impossible part 1:
- Length: Very long , as it can be done in 25 minutes. The mission is somewhat inspired from the movie series at the same name and the player must go through of all of his mission objectives during the 35 minutes time limit. Expect a lot of gunfights, very long road traveling and backtracking and anything that looks insane for an human being. Most of the action are set around San Fierro and the deserts.
- Difficulty: Hard . Traveling is a more tedious process as the objectives checkpoints are very far apart from each other. The mission starts quite simple with the enemies having average accuracies, having a professional ally assisting you and quite a lot of healthpacks and armors. But it gets much harder towards the end as the player has a very limited time to finish the mission and must fight the enemies while at the same time having a 5 starred level.
- Variety: Excellent amount of characters which includes pedestrians, bodyguards, the military soldiers, agents, cops with weapons such as ak-47, m4, shotgun, mp5, micro-uzi and vehicles such as bikes, airplanes, speed boats and the patriot car.

Overall, those missions are huge mercie_blink.gif ! These missions don't tell much about the protagonist other than he must complete his mission. They're mainly made to show the potential of the DYOM engine, by throwing a lot of stuffs that looks unreal for an human being to get through. I found that most enemies can be killed optionally as the author seems to forget to put a "kill all enemies" option. Otherwise, the missions are impressive overall and the author must be proud of the amount of work he puts on it, keep up the good work biggrin.gif

GTA-MANNY
  • GTA-MANNY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:00 PM

thank you for the review..these were the first missions I have created so with the amount of passion I had, I put everything in them and made them very long lol...my next series is the Dudley series...guys keep an eye out im uploading them today and they are not very long missions, just fun small ones. thank you

0G THUG
  • 0G THUG

DYOM mission designer\user

• Members

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

HELLO ;D Can you look at my missions? it called Better days.

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review 2 missions made by OG THUG. They're part of the Better days series.

To download these missions, please follow this link: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8032.

- Writing: Good . They're some structural sentence mistakes, but the dialogues and objectives are comprehensive enough to understand what's it all about.
- Presentation: Good . The cutscenes do the job very well with accurate angle views and such. Nothing too fancy or jaw-dropping there.

Stranger:

- Length: Short , as it can be done in 3 minutes. The player named Shone meets a stranger called Bob from his home near Palomino Creek town and the latter invites him to his house for the future missions.
- Difficulty: Very Easy . It's a prologue mission, just follow the objectives points with the given car. No gunfights involved.
- Variety: Could be done better . There's only the main character with a newcomer and a car. Then again, it's a prologue mission.

IT'S TEST DAY!:
- Length: Decent , as it can be done in 4 minutes. The player Shone has been tasked by Bob, via the cellphone, to help him and his partner Catalina to take off some angry locals at Montgomery town.
- Difficulty: Easy . Since the enemies don't carry armed weapons, and a car is initially given to the player, just run into them. Be careful to not hit your allies though.
- Variety: Good . We have the main Character with Bob and Catalina against the angry local which look like the countryside civilians. There's also a car and some melee weapons than can be seen.

Overall, the missions are decent icon14.gif . They're quite short and the designs are very simple, but it's quite good to start a new storyline at this pace as we can hope for more interesting things in the future missions. Good job for the author and keep up the good worlk biggrin.gif .

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:26 PM

Hello again, this is the 2nd review of this day.

I'm going to review a mission made by GTAExpert1000. It's called Home Defense .

To download this mission, please go to this link: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8282.

Now it's time for the review,

- Writing:
Very Good . They're generally well written with less mistakes overall. I like the way that the dialogues are written as they really add the suspense for these kind of missions. Nice text colorings to make the readings a little bit easier.
- Presentation: Very Good . Very accurate views for the cutscenes that flow very well to the mission storyline. I like the cutscenes part where one robber was standing on top of truck while the other was driving. I like the way of using the objects as floating platforms.
- Length: Excellent , as it can be done in 10 minutes. The player plays as Robert and he must kill the robbers who steal goods from his house (Johnson's house) and around south-east Los Santos. This mission is mainly a gunfight and chasing the enemy type of mission. There's also a decision part where the player choose the fate of the enemy.
- Difficulty: Medium . The player is initially equipped with a shotgun. The indoor house part can be quite difficult as the rooms are very compact in size and the concentrated numbers of enemies in the area. Everything else is far doable though.
- Variety: Excellent amount of characters models which includes Robert, the enemies which look like thugs and the cops with weapons such as shotgun, pistols, sniper, micro-uzi, mp5 and tec-7 and objects such as walls as floating platforms.

Overall, this is a very good mission icon14.gif . I like how the author mostly focuses his missions with suspense and dramatic sequences, making the player to pay more attention to what will happen next. Good job for the author and keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

Ghettowarrior
  • Ghettowarrior

Not actually from the ghetto

• Members

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:44 AM Edited by Ghettowarrior, 04 October 2010 - 10:48 AM.

Hi AznKei,

I've read your reviews and I think they're fantastic, very detailed and honest too. I've created some missions and need some feedback on where to improve. They're quite short for the most part:

My first two missions:
Cowboy John - http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=7896
Happy Camper - http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8206

The Fat Joe Series:
Fat Joe and the Pizza Theives - http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8207
The End of Fat Joe - http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8208
The Return of Fat Joe - http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8395

The Sweet Series:
Revenge is Sweet (Part 1) - http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8396

I've got a lot of ideas to develop some further missions and would love some feedback to improve missions revolving around Sweets backstory and the further adventures of Fat Joe.

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:17 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review 3 missions made by LeonCJ. They're part of The Survivors 3 series.

To download these missions, please go to the following links:

- Los Santos University DM: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8113
- I dare you to become a zombie: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8177
- Rick's Adventure: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8380

Now, let's start the review,

- Writing: Very Good . They're generally very well written. I like the text coloring as it's help to better visualize the dialogues and instructions.
- Presentation: Very Good . Nice accurate viewing angles between different cutscenes. There isn't too much animations going on in those missions, but the cutscenes does the job of explaining these missions very well.

Los Santos University DM:
- Length: Very Good , as it last about 8 minutes. The player plays as the Catalina lookalike character Sarah and she must survives against the zombies inside the Los Santos University (which is actually the SFPD interior).
- Difficulty: Medium . This is a surviving mission, as the player must fight against 4 waves of enemies carrying chainsaws, katanas and molotov cocktails. The player is initially equipped with mp5 and can find useful items around the area as well. The missions gets progressively hard as more obstacles will be added such as walls.
- Variety: Very Good . For the characters we have Sarah and the civilian peds as zombies. The weaponry and items include: mp5, shotgun, chainsaw, katana, molotov cocktails, healthpack and armor.

I dare you to become a zombie:
- Length: Good , as it can be done in 5 minutes. The player plays as a detective who must survive against the military soldier zombies inside a 2 story luxurious house.
- Difficulty: Medium . This is a surviving mission, as the player must fight against 3 waves of enemies carrying chainsaws, katanas and spray cans. The player is initially equipped with a chainsaw and can find healthpacks and armor around the area as well. The missions get progressively hard as more obstacles will be added such as fire sources and a larger amount of enemies.
- Variety: Good . For the characters we have a detective and the military soldiers. The weaponry and items include: chainsaw, katana, spray can, healthpack and armor.

Rick's Adventure:
- Length: Decent , as it can be done in 4 minutes. The player plays as Rick and he's looking for some weapons while at the same time avoiding being detected by a woman called Katie around the shore of Palomino Creek countryside.
- Difficulty: Easy . However, the player can be killed easily by Katie with her country rifle or by drowning below water if he isn't careful enough. The mission style is mainly focused by going into different objective locations, which includes swimming. So there isn't any gunfights involved.
- Variety: Very Good . For the characters we have Rick and Katie. The weapons and items we have mp5, country rifle, healthpack and armor. And the objects we have the crates, cargo containers, explosives barrels and tiny cabins.

Overall, the missions are very good icon14.gif . The first 2 missions where the player must fight against zombies are fun to play as it involves mass killing while surviving at the same time. While the Rick's adventure was somewhat original, especially at the underwater part. Very good job for the author by designing these missions and keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

Thanks for the review, AznKei! tounge.gif

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review 3 missions made by Ghettowarrior. They're part of The Fat Joe series.

To download these missions, please follow the links below:

- Fat Joe and the Pizza Theives: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8207]
- The End of Fat Joe: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8208
- The Return of Fat Joe: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8395]

- Writing: Very Good . Almost everything is nearly flawless except for the lack of apostrophes ('), which isn't a big deal. Putting some text colorings might be a good idea too, though it's optional.
- Presentation: Very Good . All the cutscenes have an different accurate viewing angle, which is very cool. But what's more cooler is that some of them have neat animations like the protagonist who likes dancing.

Fat Joe and the Pizza Theives:
- Length: Short , as it can be done in 3 minutes. The player plays as the Big Bear lookalike character Fat Joe, and he's been tasked by Katalina to buy some pizzas at the local pizzeria in Idlewood. While at the pizzeria, some thieves are stealing some pizzas and the player must stop them. So it's basically a chase and kill the enemies type of mission.
- Difficulty: Easy . The enemies are escaping with pizza motorbikes, a rather slow vehicle. Pick a faster vehicle in order to facilitate the chase.
- Variety: Good . The characters include Fat Joe, Katalina, the pizza boy and some thieves as gangsters. The tec-7 is the only weapon that can be seen and the pizza motorbike is the only vehicles that appear specifically in this mission.

The End of Fat Joe:
- Length: Decent , as it can be done in 4 minutes. The player mostly plays as Fat Joe and he's been tasked by Katalina to lose some weight at the local gym. Unfortunately, a boxer inside the gym by the name of Tike Myson don't take the protagonist appearence lightly. The player must fight against the boxer and his bodyguards at the gym and his home respectively. There's a spoiler at the end of the mission but the mission title kinda give it away.
- Difficulty: Hard . The enemies have strong accuracies so it's best to use your surroundings as your advantage. The player is initially equipped with an M4, which as very effective weapon in this mission. The last part of mission can be really unfair as the enemy is carrying a combat shotgun and he's very close to you, finish him quick.
- Variety: Very Good . The characters include Fat Joe, Thin Joe, Katalina, the church father, Tike Myson and the bodyguards. The weapons include an m4, combat shotgun, tec-7, smoke grenade and desert eagle. No set vehicles that are found in this mission.

The Return of Fat Joe:

- Length: Very Good , as it can be done in 8 minutes. The player plays as Fat Joe and he has been "magically" resurrected by the black religious character named Genie. Fat Joe get humiliated to get manipulated by Genie, wants to get rid of him in order to be free again.
- Difficulty: Hard . The player must fight against the enemy and his "clones". The player is equipped with a flame-thrower and a molotov cocktails which is less effective against a large number of enemies carrying a micro-uzi with strong accuracies, not to mention the police interferences. Use the surroundings platforms and the fallen enemies weapons as your advantage.
- Variety: Very Good . The characters include Thin Joe, Fat Joe, Katalina, the church father, some local non-playable characters and the Genie. The weapons and items include the flame-thrower, molotov cocktails and micro-uzis. No set vehicles can be found in this mission.

Overall, these missions are very good icon14.gif . The only issues that I've found is the radar display bug in the first 2 missions which is mainly due to the player mainly been spawned at the interior places. Otherwise, great job for the author for designing these missions and keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

GTA-MANNY
  • GTA-MANNY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

Hi AznKei

Can you please review my missions. They are more like fun missions then an attempt to make them really hard like my Mission Impossible and Countryside Chaos.

Here they are:

This mission is a two part mission. The second part is called The Family Search. The Mother gets upset as Thomas wants them to go out for a family time but David is scared that something terrible might happen. A lot of cut scenes and have tried to make it funny.

The Family Kidnapping: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8403
The Family Search: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8404

DEADLY DUDLEY SERIES

Dudley; a tramp who is sick of his life and wants to become rich, powerful and wants respect, he decides to fight the three gang leaders to become the strongest leader in Los Santos. This mission is a series of 4 parts in which he fights all three gangs and attempts to defeat them.

They are all fun missions and the level is set to medium as I have tried to put alot more cut scenes in. try not to use cheats EXCEPT the last part which is quite hard. Below is the link to the mission:

http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8340 part 1

http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8341 Part 2

http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8342 Part 3

http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8343 Part 4

thanx biggrin.gif

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review 3 missions made by Platinum Card. They're part of The Ballad Of Tommy Vercetti series.

To download these missions, please go this link.

- Writing: Excellent , they're generally written perfectly. Nice coloring texts to improve the comprehension.
- Presentation: Excellent , nice viewing angle between cutscenes. Nice route points for the actors driving a car and for the walking and gestural animations. The storyline is very detailed because of the larger amount of cutscenes and it happens in Las Venturas.

Saving Pvt Brian:
- Length: Decent , as it can be done in 4 minutes. The player plays as Luis and he's been tasked by Johnny, from the Starfish Casino, to save Brian with an ally against his enemies outside some nearby apartments in Las Venturas.
- Difficulty: Hard . The enemies have very strong accuracies, and some of them carry powerful weapons which can do massive damage to the player, so kill them quick. Afterward, the player and Brian must escape against the enemy cars and 2 starred wanted level back to the Starfish Casino.
- Variety: Very Good . The characters include: Luis, Johnny, Brian, his ally and the thug enemies. The weapons include: Combat shotgun, shotgun. country rifle, micro-uzi and mp5. And a good amount of set vehicles.

New Kings:
- Length: Very Good , as it can be done in 7 minutes. The player plays as Johnny and Tommy Vercetti. The mission is mostly focused on cutscenes as it explains that some enemy gangs has kidnapped Luis. his 2 friends must save him inside an abattoir.
- Difficulty: Medium . The enemies still have very strong accuracies with powerful weapons. The only difference is that the player and his ally carry a minigun which can kill a large amount of enemies very quick.
- Variety: Excellent . The characters include: Luis, Johnny, Tommy Vercetti, a various amount of non-playable characters during the cutscenes and some enemy gangs. The weapons include: dildo, cane, desert eagle, combat shotgun, country rifle and micro-uzi. The vehicles includes a sport car and a passenger plane.

No Apologies:
- Length: Very Short , as it can be done in 2 minutes. The player plays as Johnny and he with Tommy Vercetti and Johnny wants to end the whole mess against the main enemy named Paully Santino.
- Difficulty: Very easy . Kill some remaining enemy by running them over with the set car and chase the main enemy. Watch the ending of the series.
- Variety: Good . The characters include: Luis, Johnny, Tommy, the triad lookalike character named Paully Santino and some gangster enemies. The weapons include micro-uzi, sawn-off shotgun, combat shotgun and m4 and 3 set vehicles.

Overall the 3 last missions are very good icon14.gif . I like the cutscenes of the New kings a lot as it seems that the author put a lot of effort on them. Good job for the player to design those missions and keep up the good work of the future projects biggrin.gif .

Ghettowarrior
  • Ghettowarrior

Not actually from the ghetto

• Members

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

Thanks for reviewing my missions. The feedback was brilliant I'm definitely going to take your points on board. icon14.gif

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

Thanks for the awesome review AznKei!

iLiR
  • iLiR

Spinnin'

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

Hey thanx Aznkei, your reviews are so good and honest. Keep up with the good work ! biggrin.gif

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:22 AM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review 3 missions made by GTA-MANNY. The first 2 missions are connected together while the 3rd missions is part of a new storyline.

To download these missions please click on the mission titles below:
- The Family Kidnapping
- The Family Search
- Deadly Dudley Isnt Too Cuddly

- Writing: Very Good . While there's some lack of apostrophes and some typing mistakes, the overall writing is very well done. Each dialogues and descriptions, gives you a tip of how the player should proceed during the missions.
- Presentation: Very good . Nice viewing angles between different cutscenes and nice use of different animations in order to bring more life to the mission storylines.

The Family Kidnapping:
- Length: Decent , as it can be done in 4 minutes. The player plays as David, who is a father of a 3-member family, with Sandras and Thomas as his wife and son respectively. They decided to move from an appartment in San Fierro into a rural cabin at Mount Chilliad. Unfortunately, an unknown figure kidnaps Sandras and Thomas during their stay.
- Difficulty: Easy . This is mainly a traveling mission. There's no gunfights involved. Don't cause any careless accidents and you'll be fine.
- Variety: Decent . The characters include David, Sandras, Thomas and the mysterious kidnapper with a set car and some objects like sleeping bags.

The Family Search:
- Length: Short , as it can be done in 3 minutes. The player David realizes that his other members of his family has been kidnapped. He searches around mount Chilliad to find the responsible of this cowardly act.
- Difficulty: Easy . This is mainly a traveling mission. There's no gunfights involved. Don't jump off the cliffs and you'll be fine.
- Variety: Decent . The characters include David, Sandras, Thomas, the mysterious guy and an injured victim with weapons such as country rifles and some set motorbikes.

Deadly Dudley Isnt Too Cuddly:
- Length: Short , as it can be done in 3 minutes. The player plays as a homeless person named Dudley. He's tired of being poor while he looks like an embarrassment for the rich people. One day, he decides to take action in order to become rich and powerful by attacking some local gang members in temple, Los Santos.
- Difficulty: Medium . The player is initially equipped with a knife and must stealth kill a gang member in order to steal his ammo. The enemies carry some dangerous weapons such as rifles with good accuracies. Not to mention the police interference around the area.
- Variety: Good . The characters include Dudley, a guy named Slick Mick, another guy named Carlos, some rich pedestrians during the cutscenes and the mexican gang (San Fierro Rifas) with weapons such as m4, desert eagle and knife.

Overall these missions are good icon14.gif . The first 2 missions are somewhat original as the protagonist is a member of a normal family, which we don't see very often in most DYOM missions. While the 3rd mission is somewhat hilarious, with a homeless who suddenly put some efforts in order to get to the top. Great job for the author for designing these missions and keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

Could you review the latest missions from chapter II of The Ballad of Tommy Vercetti? The missions are on this page(http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=451827) along with the 1st trailer for chapter I.

GTA-MANNY
  • GTA-MANNY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

Hi AznKei

Thank you for the review, can I just ask whether you reviewed just the Deadly Dudley Isnt Too Cudley part or the others such as Deadly Dudley vs Mr Miyago?Because these were four parts which made a full story?

thank you

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:45 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review 3 missions made by Platinum Card. They're part of The Ballad of Tommy Vercetti chapter II series.

In order to download these missions, please go to the following link at: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=451827.

- Writing: Very Good , they're generally written very well. Nice coloring texts to improve the comprehension. Some dialogues seems to be rushed, hence having some typing mistakes (it's not about the character's names).
- Presentation: Very good , nice viewing angle between cutscenes. Nice walking and gestural animations. The storyline is very detailed because of the larger amount of cutscenes and it happens in Las Venturas.

Venturas Heat:
- Length: Good , as it can be done in 5 minutes. The player plays as Luis and Tommy gives a task for him, along with a newcomer named Ceasar, to ambush a deal between drug dealers and the ballas at a construction site in Las Venturas.
- Difficulty: Very Hard . The enemies carry different weapons with 100% accuracies. The player is initially equipped with a combat shotgun. While very powerful, it is not a very effective weapon due for it's lack of range, especially against the enemy's AK-47, not to mention the constant police interference. After the ambush, the player must escape to a 4-starred wanted level.
- Variety: Excellent . The character models include: Tommy, Luis, Ceasar, 3 drug dealers and 3 ballas. The weapons include: Combat shotgun, sniper, desert eagle, AK-47 and micro-UZI and a couple of differents cars including a ramp during the escape.

TomCat:
- Length: Short , as it can be done in 3 minutes. The player plays as Tommy and he and Catalina are having a date in a local restaurant in Angel Pine town. Unfortunately, things aren't going to well as there's thieves who disturb the peace there.
- Difficulty: Medium . While the enemies have strong accuracies, the walls inside the restaurant makes it easier to protect against the enemy's bullets. The player is also equipped with an mp5. After the gunfight, he and Catalina must escape against a 3-starred wanted level.
- Variety: Very Good . The character models include: Tommy, Catalina, a couple of poor townspeople as thieves and normal civilians during the cutscenes. The weapons include: mp5, shotgun, desert eagle and micro-UZI.

- Length: Good , as it can be done in 5 minutes. The player plays as Luis and he along with Ceasar are going to fight against some rival gangs who threat the lives of Tommy and Johnny Paxxx near a local apartments in Las Venturas.
- Difficulty: Medium . While the enemies have strong accuracies, the wide-open area allowed the player to actually run them over instead of shooting them, not to mention that the enemy cars have a very low HP. After this, there's an enemy car with a drive-by who tries to shoot and run over you. Shoot them down. There's also a health-pack and an armor around the area.
- Variety: Very Good . the character models include Tommy, Luis, Ceasar, Johnny Paxxx and some thugs as rival gangs. The weapons include: Combat shotgun, shotgun, desert eagle, micro-uzi, AK-47 and a good amount of different cars.

Overall, the missions are very good icon14.gif . They make a good start of the second chapter of The Ballad of Tommy Vercetti. Great job for the author for designing those missions and keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

GTA-MANNY
  • GTA-MANNY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hi AznKei...

I have just created a new mission called THE GRIM REAPERS VISIT. Please can you review it for me.

http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8691

thank you biggrin.gif

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review 4 missions made by GTA-MANNY. The first 3 missions is part of the Deadly Dudley Isnt Too Cudley series, while the 4th one is an independent mission.

In order to download those missions, please click on each of the missions below:

- Deadly Dudley vs Mr Miyago
- Deadly Dudley vs The Biker Boys
- Deadly Dudley vs the Biker Boys Part 2
- The Grim Reapers Visit

Deadly Dudley vs Mr Miyago:
- Length: Decent , as it can be done in 4 minutes. The player plays as Dudley and he wants to get his revenge against his old enemy Mr. Miyago at his katana dojo in Temple, Los Santos.
- Difficulty: Medium . The player is initially equipped with a katana and must fight against Mr. Miyago and his karate uniform mens who also wield katanas. No gunfights involved but be careful not to attack many enemies at the same time.
- Variety: Good . The characters include: Dudley, his mexican (rifas, aztecas) gang members, Mr. (Old Chinese man) Miyago and the karate mens. The only weapon that can be found is the katana.

Deadly Dudley vs The Biker Boys:
- Length: Decent , as it can be done in 4 minutes. The player Dudley wants to get rid of the Biker gangs at Grove Street in order to establish himself as the most powerful crime leader in Los Santos. Unfortunately, he underestimated the enemies and retreat.
- Difficulty: Hard . The enemies are equipped with M4s, Micro-UZIs and Shotguns and have good accuracies. The most difficult part is when the enemies come with motorbikes and try to shoot and run over the player, not to mention the police interference.
- Variety: Very good . The characters include: Dudley, his mexican and the biker gang members. The weapons include: M4, Shotgun and Micro-UZI. A set vehicle is available at the start of the mission.

Deadly Dudley vs the Biker Boys Part 2:
- Length: Decent , as it can be done in 4 minutes. The player Dudley tries to attack the Biker gangs once again. This time, the enemy base, at Grove Street, becomes more dangerous than before. The player must kill the enemy's leader.
- Difficulty: Hard . The enemies carries weapons such as Shotguns and Rocket Launchers and have good accuracies. Watch out for the cops interference.
- Variety: Very good . The characters include: Dudley, his mexican and the biker gang members and a homeless pedestrian. The weapons include: M4, Shotgun and Rocket launchers. A set vehicle is available at the start of the mission.

The Grim Reapers Visit:

- Length: Decent , as it can be done in 4 minutes. The player plays as a look-a-like Claude character named Tom and he has been tasked by the (homeless rural man) Grim Reaper to get rid of the criminal activities around Las Payasadas town, bone county in order to repent his evil past and sparing his life. The player has 10 minutes time limit to do the Grim Reaper's task.
- Difficulty: Medium . There's many different enemies such as a rapist, a drug dealer, a sadistic killer, a sniper boy and the mafia. The mission gets progressively hard as the enemies carry more powerful weapons. The player's weapon varies between a knife to an AK-47 during the length of the mission.
- Variety: Very Good . The characters include: Tom, the Grim Reaper, a rapist, a slut, a drug dealer, a drug client, a sadistic man, an old man, a sniper boy and the Mafia (Triad) members. The weapons include: Knife, Chainsaw, Shotgun, Sniper, Ak-47, M4 and MP5. No set vehicle can be found.

Overall, the missions are very good icon14.gif . What I like about the Deadly Dudley Isnt Too Cudley series is that each missions the protagonist becomes more powerful and influential, even the enemies starts to fear him. The Grim Reapers visit is a fun mini-storyline mission, where the player has to do multiple tasks. Great job to the author for making those missions and keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

GTA-MANNY
  • GTA-MANNY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:50 PM

thank you AznKei...I did put alot of thought and effort into them, glad you liked them biggrin.gif

1xDarkWarriorx1
  • 1xDarkWarriorx1

Lurk moar.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:03 PM

Review my missions "The rioters" 1,2,3 and 4
http://www.gtaforums...461635,Please,I want to know if they are good and if people will like them

1xDarkWarriorx1
  • 1xDarkWarriorx1

Lurk moar.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

Oh and if you can review my mission The grand escape http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8802

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users