» «
Photo

DYOM Missions review

1,530 replies to this topic
xXxTylerxXx
  • xXxTylerxXx

Respect all.......Fear none

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:37 PM Edited by xXxTylerxXx, 30 October 2013 - 04:38 PM.

QUOTE (VergilDD @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 03:42) QUOTE (VergilDD @ Monday, May 13 2013, 03:42) Can any one review mission pack The Dark Rises Chapter 1, Here's the link http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/21512
some1 pleazzzz! i waited almost for 5months, pleazz. thanks.
AHHHH! WHERE AR THE REVIEWERS!!?? HAVE THEY RETIRED!!!

Chill, we're Here.I was Playing your First Mission And it Crashed.If you can,Please reUpload it

KingFZ
  • KingFZ

Killer Of Your Fate

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hi friends today i was make an video review of Brie' First mission

so i think i am Upload it on YOutube

Heres THis.

• Platinum Card likes this

MikeJCarlNBellic
  • MikeJCarlNBellic

Dyom Mission Maker

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

Hi! I have A Review Request For My Mission "007 Skyfall The Dark Edition" http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/23737 I Request You To Please Review It

• KingFZ likes this

MikeJCarlNBellic
  • MikeJCarlNBellic

Dyom Mission Maker

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

Hey! Where Are The Reviewers? http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/23737

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:03 AM Edited by AznKei, 10 November 2013 - 07:05 AM.

What's up everyone?

Platinum Card requested me to review the 7th mission of his Brie's series called Cruel Intent.

You can find the link of the mission right there: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/28613

Now, my impressions:

Writing: Very Good. Almost everything is written with the proper grammar and punctuation, though I do notice some sentences with missing apostrophes. Quick typo maybe?

Presentation: Excellent. Since this series is heavily focused on the storyline, there's alot of cameras work to be done and they're impressive. Also, there's alot of actor animations.

Length: Decent. I can be done in 4 minutes. Brie's and her crew defeated their 2 female opponents from the mission before but they dissappeared. Our heroes look for my clues about this.

Difficulty: Very Easy. This is a cutscene-only mission, so just watch them and it's pretty much over.

Variety: Good. The characters include Brie and his crew, the bad ladies and their goons. Some weapons are visible such as tonfa, pool cue and ak-47. No cars or objects can be found.

So far. The mission is good, although it would be great if there's a little bit of action, like walking to checkpoint or attacking enemies, is added. Otherwise, the author should keep the great work. :D

MikeJCarlNBellic
  • MikeJCarlNBellic

Dyom Mission Maker

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

What's up everyone?

Platinum Card requested me to review the 7th mission of his Brie's series called Cruel Intent.

You can find the link of the mission right there: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/28613

Now, my impressions:

Writing: Very Good. Almost everything is written with the proper grammar and punctuation, though I do notice some sentences with missing apostrophes. Quick typo maybe?

Presentation: Excellent. Since this series is heavily focused on the storyline, there's alot of cameras work to be done and they're impressive. Also, there's alot of actor animations.

Length: Decent. I can be done in 4 minutes. Brie's and her crew defeated their 2 female opponents from the mission before but they dissappeared. Our heroes look for my clues about this.

Difficulty: Very Easy. This is a cutscene-only mission, so just watch them and it's pretty much over.

Variety: Good. The characters include Brie and his crew, the bad ladies and their goons. Some weapons are visible such as tonfa, pool cue and ak-47. No cars or objects can be found.

So far. The mission is good, although it would be great if there's a little bit of action, like walking to checkpoint or attacking enemies, is added. Otherwise, the author should keep the great work. :D

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/23737

Nitrolol
  • Nitrolol

Mission Maker

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but I will anyway.

I would like someone to review my series called S.W.A.T.

and I would like to know what the reviewer thinks about this

as in, could it be a good series or maybe it's just boring and I should

drop it.

Regards,

- Nitrolol

MikeJCarlNBellic
  • MikeJCarlNBellic

Dyom Mission Maker

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but I will anyway.

I would like someone to review my series called S.W.A.T.

and I would like to know what the reviewer thinks about this

as in, could it be a good series or maybe it's just boring and I should

drop it.

Regards,

- Nitrolol

You Could Send A Link To Your Mission

Rendy Specter
  • Rendy Specter

DYOM designer/user

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

Aznkei1,do review for my NLAMS please!here's the link===> http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/26020 you will love it :)

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:06 AM

What's up everyone? Today, I'm going to review 3 missions from his Life in Los Santos series made by MarineHD.

You can find his missions at this link: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/28936

Now, it's time for the review,

Writing: Good. They're generally well written with the right grammar and spellings. But I do notice that a good amount of punctuation are too close to the words between them. Along with the lack of apostrophes.

Presentation: Decent. There's a noticeable amount of actors and vehicles that are spawn and hide at the wrong moments, like out of thin air. The camera views during cutscenes are good though.

Money Trouble

Length: Very Short, as it can be done in 2 minutes. The main character James wants to apply for a job at Ten Green Bottles. He got recruited there and starts his first shift.

Difficulty: Very Easy. You just have to go from your house to the bar which is just across the street. The rest is only cutscenes for the storyline.

Variety: Could be better. The characters include James and his bar employer. That's it.

The Ballas

Length: Very Short, as it can be done in 2 minutes. James ends his shift and takes a rest to his house. Then, he hears that his friends just got shot by a Ballas member outside.

Difficulty: Easy. The Ballas is armed and you aren't, but you can skip that fight being going to the checkpoint just nearby.

Variety: Decent. The characters include James, John and the Ballas member. The weapons include the pistol and a baseball bat.

Hanging Out

Length: Decent, as it can be done in 4 minutes. James got a call from his new friend John to hang out outside, but they got heated by the cops because they blew up a car.

Difficulty: Easy. You blow a car by shooting to its gas tank, so stay far from the explosion radius. Then, you must escape a 2 star wanted level from the cops by going inside the pay and spray.

Variety: Decent. The actors include James and John. The vehicles include John's car and a random car about to be blown up. There's only a pistol as a weapon.

Overall, the missions aren't so bad, seeing that the author did these missions for his first time. If there's anything that need improvement, that would be the actor, vehicles and object spawnings. Also, the texts need to be more clean, with more spacing between words and punctuation. And the missions need to be a little bit large in terms of scale. Otherwise, good job for MarineHD and keep up the good work :D

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:48 AM Edited by AznKei, 02 December 2013 - 05:50 AM.

ATTENTION EVERYONE!

We got a former reviewer who is back to review the DYOM missions again, and it's Dr.John13.

Please by nice to his review and as for you, Dr.John13, welcome back to the group. :D

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

What the hell do those 3d glasses mean?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

can you review my No Crossover Limit Series?

Topic: http://gtaforums.com...rossover-limit/

Missions Download: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/28886

DYOM Wiki: http://dyomworld.wik...Crossover_limit

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:22 PM Edited by Dr. John13, 05 December 2013 - 08:36 AM.

“The Platinum Circle” – by Jimmy_Leppard

Hello guys, today I am going to do my review on the latest completed mission pack by Jimmy_Leppard; The Platinum Circle. A catchy title but I could not find any links with the story and the title, or maybe I did. ;) I’ll leave the guessing to you all folks. Also, click on the titles for directing yourself to the mission pack and the creator's profile.

Basically, this was the next series after the Swiping Kings. To be honest, I have not played that mission but I know what style Jimmy makes his missions. You won’t expect much Gameplay in his missions, but more of narrative stories. The story has a similar style like the past mission packs created by Jimmy but this one is special as it remarks his coming back to mission designing.

All right, let’s not get carried away with personal info as I have to review 20 missions in a row – 3 chapters, 8 missions each excluding last four missions from the last chapter – with full detail. Hope it will be a good read for you guys. :)

Writing: Just one word – Excellent. You can feel yourself being as the main character – Brock Zane - on the main lands of Las Ventures. The dialogues are very well written without any doubt. You won’t have to worry yourself forgetting any small details like what to do, where to go, etc. It automatically imprints in your brain. If you still have problems, just follow the marker in your map while given an objective. The writing is understandable with good English.

Presentation: Make sure to have popcorns as you feel like watching a movie. The cutscenes and the essence of necessary details makes the presentation of every mission Excellent. It is great to see the camera angle tilted when you don’t want the player to know who that suspicious guy is. Suspense makes a great part in the series and you should not leave any loopholes; which Jimmy has taken to note.

And now, time for the big part of the review – The missions in depth.

Chapter 1

#1 Introduction (Here it begins)

Length: As the title says, it’s only intro and it a Short. It is Important as it highlights the summary of what is happening, who are character, what they are going to do, etc. It only has cutscenes. It is a common choice by most of the people but I like some real plot twist in the beginning itself. :p Though, this intro brought some interest in this series. Not bad.

Difficulty: What kind of difficulty a mission with only cutscenes have? It’s Super Easy, unless of course if in a cutscenes Slender Man shows up. Then I am sure it will be a great plot twist.

Variety:  The characters, the location and the objects all makes this mission radiating a Very Good aura. The mission does have the entire main and supporting characters shown, well most of them, but it still feels like there could be still some more additions. Anyways, it’s a very good from me.

#2 Rat’s net (Or was it Rat’s “nest”?)

Length: It took me a Decent 4 to 5 minutes to complete the driving and shooting and of course, experience a plot twist. You won’t take long in killing the guards but you might get sick of traveling in a car, but I don’t. Listen to a radio or something. It won’t take you long to complete if you are swift with your feet, or with your fingers.

Difficulty: Might be the Easiest gunfight in this mission series. If you feel driving is a pain in the ass, you might not like it. Just follow my advice above and you should pass this mission without any hesitation. Even the timer was not necessary if you know what you need to do.

Variety: The animations are more realistic. Instead of a dumb standing actor, they will respond to a conversation better. Other parts are still all right, not too bright. A Good rating will be from me.

#3 Into to the pocket (Sorry to say but my pocket’s torn)

Length: Decent. Well we another cutscenes-only mission here. Don’t get upset, Jimmy likes to express his story more in a form of storytelling rather than fighting in a gang war. Well, it’s better than those boring “drive there” type objectives, right?

Difficulty: Very Easy. Keep calm, eat popcorns and watch the movie.

Variety: The different situations in different times with different characters surely makes the story a multi-threaded type. The details are necessary and each character is perfect in this one. Very Good indeed.

#4 Watch you back (Yeah, give me a mirror bro)

Length: It took 5 to 6 minutes watching all the cutscenes and getting the hell out of the parking lot. Yeah, it’s Good. And this time, the driving was short but only with the exception of getting out of the parking lot. I wanted to jump from the building. :(

Difficulty: Good driver, Easy job. Bad driver, angry mob. You just have to applause Jimmy for including driving in this mission pack. It looks pointless. Do you see the main character driving in a car in a film? Rarely. They just black out after he enters one. You watch a movie for its story, not to piss off people by showing a flashy landstalker.

Variety: The actors and place is good but the problem here was the animations. For me, I can see what an actor is doing by looking at their shadows. While Nick was lying on the road due to his injuries, Will was still punching an invisible object which made me chuckle a bit. It was not much a problem though, the variety was Good.

#5 Stealing the stolen (Stealingception)

Length: A Very Good 6 to 7 minutes was taken for me to understand what kind of story this is going to be; a dramatic one. The objectives are pretty decent: Go ring a bell, unlock a car which you won't be even driving afterwards, bring a first aid box. Well, all of it was pretty practical for a narrative story but it was a good mission, essential for story development.

Difficulty: You don't think ringing a door bell is difficult, right? Unless of course you are one of the lazy kind, what do they call them? Ah, yes a human. Pretty Easy.

Variety: I don't know but I never heard the crashing sounds. Being more realistic won't hurt the mission, would it? But I suppose that's why we have an ability to imagine. Presenting imaginations is what we needed in this mission though. A Decent variety.

#6 Catch me if you can (I can't, I am crying)

Length: You will be retrying this mission if you are a bad driver and I can't blame Jimmy. He's only trying to make challenging missions. It might take you a Very Good amount of time to finish up with the chase. I am so glad there was a sense of challenge in this mission.

Difficulty: Trust me, you don't want to play this mission with rubbish driving. It will be Hard time for you to go though one checkpoint in that less time with so much traffic on the streets. Weirdly enough, I felt that driving was interesting in this mission.

Variety: After you start a mission, you will see there is no car behind Max but suddenly, a car magically appears. It bugged me the whole mission but at the near end of the little chase, I was happy to see Will's car chasing up on a ramp. It made the chase realistic. A Good from me.

#7 Back to Back (Poor guy Will)

Length: It was no doubt Short. You are searching for the victim in a car crash; only to kill him for his deeds. There is nothing much than a series of cutscenes showing how each character is dealing out with the main suspect and a victim - Will.

Difficulty: Just get in the car, follow the checkpoints, act like you are searching for Will. Pretty Easy, no?

Variety: The putting up of a blown up car and the firefighters was the only think I could admire. It made this mission Very Good. Also, the meet of all the 5 guys was just hilarious to me.

#8 Suburban Mayhem (The paths are changing...)

Length: It took me a Good amount of time in doing shooting, watching cutscenes and getting surprised. You can say, this mission was the turning point of the story.

Difficulty: It is very well Medium. You can kill a few cops with a gun, right? You can escape to the outskirts of the city in a car, right? This is all in this mission, and yup, watching the story getting more interesting.

Variety: The variety in this mission, well, was quite Decent. Running to Will, fighting cops; nothing special. The only think what was detailed was how Shane was snorting.

Chapter 2

#9 On the side (The middle one)

Length: A Decent 4 minute and you should be done with the cutscenes and driving. At least this time it wasn’t a crappy landstalker. You get to see what all the characters are doing at the moment after the plot twist in the previous mission. Nothing else.

Difficulty: It’s too Easy. Jimmy is not a person expert in making amazing gunfights but he seems to be expert in making objectives very far from the player.

Variety: It’s Decent and the inclusion of phone conversation was great but this mission was basically the start of the Chapter 2. Army people jumping off from a plane with parachutes to Vinewood while shooting at zombies on the ground - You don’t expect intros to be like this do you?

#10 Triple Turn (Somebody likes the ‘T’)

Length: A fair Decent amount of time will pass if you kill the FBI ASAP. Otherwise, expect a difficult time with a few bunch of bullets in your head.

Difficulty: It is Medium. The gunfight wasn’t too shabby, at the same time wasn’t all Max Payne style. The setting of giving a gun will make things a bit difficult. Even the timer could be beaten easily. But, it’s good to have something different as well. :)

Variety: This mission had a Very Good content of detail like having another phone conversation, driving routes, good balanced gunfight and a seat in a Washington. You can’t miss the last one.

#11 Dividing thoughts (More like dividing brains)

Length: Yay, another cutscenes-only mission! Who could expect a Decent amount of time will pass by just watching a few dramatic cutscenes? Thanks Jimmy and please make sure to make more Gameplay-free missions. I love them!

Difficulty: All you got to do eat some popcorns and lose a few calories. But losing calories is hard. Hard is opposite of Very Easy or Easy, right?

Variety: Dat detail of choking. Good amount of characters, animations and object. This mission reminded me of S.A Noire but only with a sad plot twist. :(  

#12 Insuring the spot (And I was wondering why it took the insurance company so time)

Length: Good, good. Drivers, put your seatbelts. This mission, for the first time, has more of driving that more of cutscenes. You will also like the plot twist so don’t mind the gameplay. JUST DON’T BUMP WITH THE YEEEEELLLLOW CARSS!

Difficulty: Make sure to take care of the driving. Just don’t drive casually. It took me 3 minutes to get out of that junk spot and the 3 guys were not even following me on foot. Damn it, but otherwise, it’s Easy.

Variety: It’s Decent as it doesn’t really have any part with Will.  But, you know you will get your suspicions correct in this mission.

#13 No remorse (All of this will become clear soon)

Length: The length is Good. At least there are not “Return back to warehouse” objective in this one. You can be sure to drive to the Strip and then to Creek, no? It won’t take much time.

Difficulty: A bit Easy, actually, it’s very easy if you can run that Washington in the traffic. Nothing more, only thing to do is watch cutscenes.

Variety: All the man actors have been fully introduced, like Will’s boss and Jimmy used a good interior like the plane, etc. It all makes this mission Very Good.

#14 Bargaining position (Can I buy you for free?)

Length: It is a Good mission actually. Will’s boss comes in the city, we team up with the backstabber Corby and the driving is fun as Max follows us in the landstalker (so we meet again). But, suddenly, the landstalker disappeared when I had reached the stadium. Don’t know why.

Difficulty: Driving is Easy, and so are most of Jimmy’s missions. You have to drive to one objective point and all you do is progress in the story.

Variety: The variety is Good. We also get out of Las Ventures and have most of the characters in one act. Good quantity of actors and cars as well.

#15 When you turn your back (You can only see triads with their swag)

Length: Very Good job, Jimmy. You made me cry in this mission. I kept on dying and dying and then I gave up. Luckily, I couldn’t give up on this review so I had to suffocate sheer sorrow.

Difficulty: “Most of Jimmy’s missions are easy”, that was an understatement from me. I take it back. THIS MISSION IS REALLY HARD. You can only get inspiration from the title of this mission: 3 triads in your front and 3 triads in your back. You are dead by now. A bad choice of giving the player a pistol. You can run, but you can’t hide. There is no place for cover and it takes so long time to reload the gun. You just end up either in hospital or your friends die.

Variety: This mission itself was poorly set but there was a Decent amount of detail in the info. I still can’t get my brains as to why we were said to drive near the Strip. It didn’t make any sense to me. All I could worry was the gunfights I had with those triads. You did a good job pissing me off, Jimmy. But, I can’t blame you. I suppose you are not an expert in Gameplay designing. :/

#16 A goner (Goodbye, amigos)

Length: Good ending for the chapter. After what happened after the previous mission, Corby tries to run away but wants to give a little gift to us. Things get sh*t serious and the climax on our foot. Time to crawl below for more action.

Difficulty: It’s Easy: Drive. Go to the checkpoint and watch the change in the story.

Variety: BOOM! I like the BOOM! A Very Good use of actors, animations, places and of course, use of BOOM! You will see after playing the mission.

Chapter 3

#17 Damage control (x gets caught and y gets lucky. Find the value of x and y.)

Length: Most of Jimmy’s missions have good length but this one was Very Good. Just move your fingers fast on the Control keys and you should pass the mission easily.

Difficulty: Now, why did I say to move your fingers fast? Well, basically this mission will be Medium to many people. Once you get control of the car, you basically just have to worry about getting out of the alley, not the timer. If you keep hitting on the poles or walls, you will have bad time getting to hospital. But, with the sufficiently given time, you don’t need to worry about getting late.

Variety: This mission was Decent with actors, animations and locations. I can say it is appealing, at the same time boring. The same camera angles in the car looks way too used. Jimmy could have instead made a conversation outside the car. Even Shane was looking bugged while sitting in the car.

#18 A better offer (Remember, side with the good always)

Length: A pretty Short movie with the good winning. You get to see more characters out from the series. It’s only the protagonist and the antagonist left. Not many supporters either.

Difficulty: Easy-peasy, A walk in the park, whatever you say. You just drive and let Shane do all the dirty work. You need popcorns though and that will cost you to get your ass up from your seat.

Variety: The variety in this mission is Very Good. You see a climax, and see Shane with his swag. What else you want in a mission?

19# Long overdue (And the gang goes out on a date)

Length: Pretty Short actually. You continue from the last mission. The ending is near, bro.

Difficulty: Easy, just drive with your enemy, Will who was just roaming around the whole Las Ventures. Go to the checkpoint and be done with it.

Variety: It is Decent for a short mission like this. You don’t care about the details here but the story’s end.

#20 Reign of chaos (The end…of my review *sigh*)

Length: Very Good. It took me to figure out how to gain access the roof but I managed. The gunfight was over, thanks to the low health of the guards. Cutscenes are long and dramatic. All ends with the color of red.

Difficulty: It will be Hard for the first time but you will get hang of it. The guard below the roof was very smartly set. If you fall, the guard will kill you. Also, the gunfight man not be easy if you don’t notice your surroundings very well. Otherwise, it’s all epic drama till the end.

Variety: The elements in the gunfight were Excellent. Different flavors of guns and skins. Plus the addition of important animations and cutscenes makes this final mission epic; just epic.

Verdict: I love you Jimmy, man. You make great missions. I love the plot twist in your stories and I still have many doubts about where the platinum briefcase is and what was in it. You want to excite me, no? :D Well, it would be 9/10 from me. The story is outstanding but improve in your gameplay elements or just remove them completely. Now, that would make it a real movie.

Now, let me just remind you that this review had more than 3000 words and was very well checked. Please read the full review. I will love if you liked it. Thats all for now, folks.

-Dr. John13

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

Noob designer :D

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:35 AM Edited by Revolver1, 05 December 2013 - 07:21 AM.

*review*

Some color would be easier to read, just sayin'

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:05 AM Edited by SatournFan, 05 December 2013 - 08:47 AM.

*review*

Not quoting the entire post which is 3000 words long would make you less stupid, just sayin'.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

*review*

I am sorry but the background of forums makes most of the colours look unseenable or bad. If you want some decorations, I will take note on that.

Anyways, if anyone wants any reviews on their mission, feel free to PM me. I can also take request from this topic as well. But, if you want a full review of a mission pack, give me some time. I will try to make detailed and fun reviews for you guys. :)

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

Noob designer :D

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

*review*

I am sorry but the background of forums makes most of the colours look unseenable or bad. If you want some decorations, I will take note on that.

Anyways, if anyone wants any reviews on their mission, feel free to PM me. I can also take request from this topic as well. But, if you want a full review of a mission pack, give me some time. I will try to make detailed and fun reviews for you guys. :)

Review my mission pack in my signature please, thanks.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

You should complete the mission pack first and then I shall gladly do the reviews. PM me when it's done.

Otherwise, I can review the first chapter if you want (But it will take some time).

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

(Sorry for the double post, but I had a short request for a review; and here it is)

007 Skyfall -(JAMES BOND) DARK EDITION” – MikeJCarlNBellic

Hello guys, today I am going to do review on “007 Skyfall – (James Bond) Dark Edition” created by MikeJcalNBellic (took me some time to type the name correctly). Click on the tiles for the respective page of the mission and the creator.

This mission, as the title says, is the “Dark Edition” of the movie Skyfall. Surely the weather in the mission is dark but that’s not the point. It’s all gun battle, no story. That’s weird because James Bond has story. Never mind, it’s just a single mission; with lots of action. Let us begin the review:

Writing: It is Good. There are many spelling errors and wrong use of grammar but like I said, it’s not story to be concerned but the gameplay. Otherwise, the player can understand what to do, where to go, etc.

Presentation: It is Good as well. The mission has great use of cutscenes and the mission title itself look appealing when beginning the mission. The weather, well it’s all dark and you don’t expect all happy children weather when you kill tons of enemies with your shotgun. Also, I couldn’t understand why you needed to go to a building and parachute from its roof. The place we needed to go was just a walk from foot. :/ I didn’t enjoy the jumping much as the weather was very, uh, shabby.

Length: For a single mission, it was Excellent time consumer. You will kill your enemies easily and the driving is also short but in whole, it will take you 12 minutes or more. Surely, at some parts, like getting on the roof of the motel might be confusing as you don’t have any radar (just go straight to the end stairs).

Difficulty: The difficulty of this mission was to be easy until I took a bullet from the Desert Eagle. It’s Medium. You will get in a bad position if you don’t find cover (which is ample but your partner will just thrash them with his shooting :whuh:) in a gunfight, especially in the motel. The driving is easy as you take on a bike which is very cool. Even blowing up the helicopter was easy. The creator should have given us a manual RPG.

Variety: The variety is Good. You don’t get to see gray skies daily, do you? There are many actors and weapons used in gunfights, and good cover positions. The problem arises from the unrealism of weapon setting and animations. In one situation, Agent 007 was holding a gun, pointing at his enemy. But after the cutscenes, you get a knife. :blink:  There was a balance and all of them which sums up into Good mission.

Verdict: It would be a 7 out of 10 from me. The mission was long and detailed but was poorly configured with the realism which the real Skyfall movie didn’t lack. It is DYOM though and the creator had pushed his limits. Good job. I hope to see a mission pack in future with better story and realism. :^:

Thanks for everyone reading this review. I hope you had fun. We shall meet at my next review.

-Dr. John13

MikeJCarlNBellic
  • MikeJCarlNBellic

Dyom Mission Maker

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

(Sorry for the double post, but I had a short request for a review; and here it is)

007 Skyfall -(JAMES BOND) DARK EDITION” – MikeJCarlNBellic

Hello guys, today I am going to do review on “007 Skyfall – (James Bond) Dark Edition” created by MikeJcalNBellic (took me some time to type the name correctly). Click on the tiles for the respective page of the mission and the creator.

This mission, as the title says, is the “Dark Edition” of the movie Skyfall. Surely the weather in the mission is dark but that’s not the point. It’s all gun battle, no story. That’s weird because James Bond has story. Never mind, it’s just a single mission; with lots of action. Let us begin the review:

Writing: It is Good. There are many spelling errors and wrong use of grammar but like I said, it’s not story to be concerned but the gameplay. Otherwise, the player can understand what to do, where to go, etc.

Presentation: It is Good as well. The mission has great use of cutscenes and the mission title itself look appealing when beginning the mission. The weather, well it’s all dark and you don’t expect all happy children weather when you kill tons of enemies with your shotgun. Also, I couldn’t understand why you needed to go to a building and parachute from its roof. The place we needed to go was just a walk from foot. :/ I didn’t enjoy the jumping much as the weather was very, uh, shabby.

Length: For a single mission, it was Excellent time consumer. You will kill your enemies easily and the driving is also short but in whole, it will take you 12 minutes or more. Surely, at some parts, like getting on the roof of the motel might be confusing as you don’t have any radar (just go straight to the end stairs).

Difficulty: The difficulty of this mission was to be easy until I took a bullet from the Desert Eagle. It’s Medium. You will get in a bad position if you don’t find cover (which is ample but your partner will just thrash them with his shooting :whuh:) in a gunfight, especially in the motel. The driving is easy as you take on a bike which is very cool. Even blowing up the helicopter was easy. The creator should have given us a manual RPG.

Variety: The variety is Good. You don’t get to see gray skies daily, do you? There are many actors and weapons used in gunfights, and good cover positions. The problem arises from the unrealism of weapon setting and animations. In one situation, Agent 007 was holding a gun, pointing at his enemy. But after the cutscenes, you get a knife. :blink:  There was a balance and all of them which sums up into Good mission.

Verdict: It would be a 7 out of 10 from me. The mission was long and detailed but was poorly configured with the realism which the real Skyfall movie didn’t lack. It is DYOM though and the creator had pushed his limits. Good job. I hope to see a mission pack in future with better story and realism. :^:

Thanks for everyone reading this review. I hope you had fun. We shall meet at my next review.

-Dr. John13

Thanks For The Review !! :D I Just Used The Title (SKYFALL) And There Was Nothing Same To Same As The Movie 

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Member Title? Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:06 AM

Can anyone review the second chapter of my MP?

http://gtaforums.com...-lost-memories/

The first mission link is broken, to fix it just change the code number at the end of the link (28020) to (28080) after you opened it.

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

Can anyone review the 2 parts of my latest missions? (drug dealing)

Chips237
  • Chips237

One does not simply deal with arguments

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Hello guys, Doberman just came out before 2014 and I would like someone to review it :D

http://gtaforums.com...-beta-missions/

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

I'm back, bitches !

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

Can someone review the prologue and act 1 of The Unfinished Business ?

And I might back reviewing missions again. So is there any request ?

Abeer
  • Abeer

When you are down to nothing, God is up to something.

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

Can anyone review missions of Shortcut to Happiness
Mission 1
Mission 2
Mission 3

Thanks and Regards,

Abeer

• Platinum Card likes this

Ardooz
  • Ardooz

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:50 AM Edited by Ardooz, 06 January 2014 - 11:53 AM.

Please can you review the flats mission pack

1st chapter:http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/23635

DChumber1
  • DChumber1

Gta San Andreas/ViceCity Modder

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

Please Review My MP :- The Revenge

RamiV2
  • RamiV2

DYOM Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:08 AM

Can someone review the prologue and act 1 of The Unfinished Business ?

And I might back reviewing missions again. So is there any request ?

If you want, you can review my missionpack "Tactical Risk". 

http://gtaforums.com...+tactical +risk

XXGTAXIVxx
  • XXGTAXIVxx

xxGTAXIVxx

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:16 PM Edited by XXGTAXIVxx, 15 January 2014 - 11:20 PM.

Please, can you review this if you want. It's about GTA V Remake to SA [By: THBP and me xxGTAXIVxx]

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29835

Or this, Are my Hitman Absolution Series. I hope you can review any of the missions!

Mission 1:

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/26407

Mission 2:

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/26481

Mission 3:

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/26594

Mission 4:

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/27899

Thanks for the interest that you put in this, and If you want , also you can go to the GTA V To SA, original Topic and give us some feedback's:

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064436930

THBP
  • THBP

DYOM Designer

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:07 AM

Can someone review my Long Theft Auto MP? http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29398

Grateful, THBP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users