I'm reviewing the first 4 missions of The Journey Saga, a mission series made by Alokik.
The missions can be downloaded at:
Now, into the review:
- Writing: Decent. There's a noticeable amount of typing and grammatical mistakes at the dialogues and mission objectives. But they're comprehensive enough to understand the story.
- Presentation: Good. While the author did a good job with the camera views and that the mission objectives are straightforward, I noticed some actors and vehicles that appears out of thin air in front of the player's eyes and it can detract the gameplay, particularly in missions 1 and 4.
JOURNEY To unknown City
- Length:Very Good. The mission lasts 9 minutes. Robinson is going to help Carl to get away for his criminal troubles.
- Difficulty:Hard. This is multipoint mission, most of them involve gunfights in different locations. Watch out for those minigun enemies, it's the hardest part and you must avoid them, along with the cops from scripted wanted levels.
- Variety:Very Good. The actors include Robinson (Sweet), Carl (CJ), the security guards, the boat captains and important actors as normal enemies such as the cloned OGLocs. The vehicle include Robinson's car, a boat, a cabby and the enemies cars. The objects include construction fences. The weapons include mp5, ak47, sniper, rocket launcher, shotgun, homing launcher and miniguns.
THE JOURNEY SAGA Chapter:2
- Length:Short. The mission lasts 3 minutes. Carl's friends are involved into a bar dispute with some local rival gangs. Carl must save them and kill the aggressors.
- Difficulty:Normal. Despite having only 10 bullets of a desert eagle gun. There's only 2 pistol enemies with average accuracies and low health. However you have 2 and a quarter minutes to do the job or you will fail the mission. So kill them quick and you should be able to pass it.
- Variety: Good. The actors include Zero, Robin (Sweet), Carl (CJ), Marty, Big Smoke, Ryder and some local thugs. The vehicle includes the thugs's car. The objects are integrated with the bar interior. The weapons include the pool cue, pistol and desert eagle gun.
Son 2 Dad
- Length:Very Short. The mission lasts 2 minutes. Carl's mother is calling him to pick up his dad from Unity Station to his house.
- Difficulty:Very Easy. No gunfights involved here. Just drive from point A to point B and so on. The only way to die is if you make intentional accidents or crimes.
- Variety:Decent. The actors include Carl, his mom and dad. The vehicle include Carl's bike and his mom's car. Although there's objects, they're mostly integrated with the mom's house interior. No weapons are found in this mission.
Live Life Alone
- Length:Decent. The mission lasts 4 minutes. Carl's friends are telling Carl and his sister Katy to escape Los Santos by train, because the cops want their heads.
- Difficulty:Very Hard. You're driving a car while going through checkpoints. But it's no easy task because the enemies can shoot at you car, that the car doesn't have much health and the checkpoints are very small, which means you have to drive slowly to register them. On top of that, you can't exit the car, so you have to rely on your luck to make your enemies shoot less as possible at you in order to survive this mission.
- Variety: Good. The actors include Carl, Robinson, Ryder, Big Smoke, Zero, Katy and some agents. The vehicles include the taxi cab and the agents car. Although there's objects, they're mostly integrated with the residential interior. The weapons include the mp5.
Overall, this mission series is straighforward. The writing should be more polished, and I'm pretty sure that the author could do this well seeing that his mission description pages seem to be more detailed. And the fourth mission should be more bearable to play as an average player will likely get very annoyed at the armed roadblock part of the mission, not to mention of the tiny checkpoints. Otherwise, keep up for more.
Edited by AznKei, 07 June 2013 - 04:19 AM.