1,656 replies to this topic
Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:21 AM

Thanks! Wonderful as always smile.gif .

By the way, the guy is called "Carlitos" not "Carlito". And the mission "See the Light" took me about 4-5 hours to make. Those 1-seater boats with guners are not easy to perfect! I was originally planning to give the gunners rocket launchers but they kept blowing themselves up.

Thanks again! biggrin.gif

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:19 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review a mission made by LeonCJ named The Bridge War .

The download link of this mission is: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=7240.

Now, it's time for the review,

- Writing: Very Good . While there's some grammatical errors, they're generally well written to understand the dialogues and instructions. Nice coloring texts to simplify the readings.
- Presentation: Very Good . Nice viewing angle between different cutscenes. I like the way that the author put the fogs weather effects and many different objects that make the mission into a real war zone.
- Length: Decent , as it can be done in 4 minutes. The player as military soldier and he with his allies have to fight against the Germans army inside a desert bridge. Expect a heavy gunfight with a military feeling on it.
- Difficulty : Hard . The enemies generally have average accuracies and large objects around the bridge can be used as a shield against heavy gunfires. However, the mission can be confusing since that some enemies just pops out of nowhere which can throw the player off-guard. The same can be said about the timed explosions. The enemy hunter helicopter can annoy some players, especially when they're in a position to shot rockets.
- Variety: Very Good amount of characters models that includes the the player and his allies as the military soldiers and the Germans army as the police officers with weapons such as ak-47, m4, sniper and heat seeking rocket launcher with objects such as crates and explosive barrels and vehicles like a tank and a hunter.

Overall, the mission is quite good for a military theme mission icon14.gif . I had a feeling that the mission gameplay feels a little bit sloppy because of some of flaws I mentioned at the difficulty criteria. Nonetheless, the whole mission is still a satisfying experience and the author must keep the good work biggrin.gif .

TopAz
  • TopAz

Programmer

• Members

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (AznKei @ Jul 1 2010, 05:24)
Hello everyone,

My name's AznKei, and I'm a DYOM reviewer. I created this topic so I can rate some of the DYOM missions that the DYOM community have made. I'll give you a full detailed review about some random missions I played and add some feedback for improvements. I'll also accept review requests, just pm me or write down your requests at this topic, and I'll take a look of your DYOM missions.

For those who aren't very familiar with my rating system. I will explain how it works:

" Writing " is focused with the mission dialogues and instructions quality. The rating depends the structure of your writings and how easy we can understand them. From the lowest to the highest ratings, it goes like this: Could be better ---> Decent ---> Good ---> Very Good ---> Excellent .

" Presentation " is focused on visual and storyline quality. The rating depends how accurate the camera in your cutscenes are and if you put things that surprise the player like the explosions, the stunts, etc. From the lowest to the highest ratings, it goes like this: Could be better ---> Decent ---> Good ---> Very Good ---> Excellent .

" Length " is focused on the time the player spends on the mission. The rating depends how long the mission lasts. The rating goes like this: Too short (1- min) ---> Short (2 to 3 mins) ---> Decent (4 mins) ---> Good (5 to 6 mins) ---> Very Good (7 to 9 mins) ---> Excellent (10 to 14 mins) <--- Long (15 to 20 mins) <--- Very Long (21+ mins).

" Difficulty " is focused on... well, the difficulty on the mission. The rating depends how hard the mission can be for an average player perspective and how accessible it is for the mainstream players. The rating goes like this: Very Easy ---> Easy ---> Medium <--- Hard <--- Very Hard! <--- Too Hard!! .

" Variety " is focused about the amount of contents that can be found in the mission. The rating depends how many different actors, weapons, objects, vehicles and pickups can be found in the specific mission. From the lowest to the highest ratings, it goes like this: Could be better ---> Decent ---> Good ---> Very Good ---> Excellent .

At the end, I'll make a short summary about the mission I just played and give some feedbacks the DYOM user needed in order to improve his future missions. I'll also give you the DYOM link for those who really wants to give the mission a shot.

This is my mission. This the first part of this mission. I made 57 missions and i will distribute soon. Here is the link of this mission http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=7561.

- Writing:Very Good
- Presentation: Good
- Length: Very Good
- Difficulty: Hard
- Variety: Decent

Overall, the mission story and script is very good. I did some mistakes but i will fix them soon.

Bye Bye, Take care,Best regards, Good luck colgate.gif lol.gif

""""WARNING""""
Be careful, don't use stealth

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:10 AM

So... You just reviewed your own mission. Ok... dozingoff.gif

In this thread you ask AznKei to review your mission(s) and he/she does it for you.

BTW AznKei, what happened to that "Top 3 Reviewed Missions" idea?

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:14 PM Edited by AznKei, 24 August 2010 - 12:24 PM.

QUOTE (Chimpso @ Aug 24 2010, 11:10)
So... You just reviewed your own mission. Ok... dozingoff.gif

In this thread you ask AznKei to review your mission(s) and he/she does it for you.

BTW AznKei, what happened to that "Top 3 Reviewed Missions" idea?

The idea is about having the top 10 reviewed missions but I had a hard time to tell which one is better than the other, since most DYOM users has a different style of designing their missions. So I thought that it might be a good idea if the others users put their votes on their reviewed missions they liked.

I also inspired from another reviewing websites such as notebookreview.com , where the top 10 products depend on the numbers of views they got daily. Unfortunately, we don't have such feature on GTA forums and the numbers of downloads/views can be easily abused at the DYOM missions database website. sad.gif

Personally, the 3 reviewed missions that I liked the most are "The Wanted" by GTA!!!, "Gathering the supplies" and "Unwelcome Guests" by Tug66666.

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the review, AznKei! tounge.gif

SevilleCheng
  • SevilleCheng

蛋糕是骗人的?

• Members

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

Can you review my missions in http://www.gtaforums...&f=246&t=455293 ?

Especially "Cesar","Ambush","Bikers Are like Angels","Boom in The Gym" and "I Am Sorry to Trouble You"?

As their designer,I think they're good.

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:25 AM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review 3 missions made by mati1501. They're part of The Storm Series.

To download his missions, please follow this link at: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=457004.

- Writing: Good . There's some constructive sentence mistakes and some lack of punctuations such as the apostrophes ('). Otherwise, it's quite easier to understand what the storyline is all about.
- Presentation: Very Good . Some cutscenes are impressive like the characters getting caught by the explosions while others should be done better like the ending of "The Storm Day 1 23.00" is actually missing the described action. Otherwise, nice angle between each different cutscenes.

The Storm Day 1 23.00:
- Length: Very Good , as it can be done in 7 minutes. The player plays as a unknown name rookie who wants to save his sister inside the Area 69 base. Each of his 3 allies have their own motives to fight against the Area 69 enemies. The player and his crew must found a way to get inside the Area 69 perimeter.
- Difficulty: Medium . While the enemies have 100% accuracies so that they can kill you within their firing range, the player is initially equipped with a sniper which tone down the supposedly hard difficulty, not to mention that your allies has 100% accuracies as well.
- Variety: Excellent amount of characters such as the no-name player, his 3 allies: Dan, Hassan and Claude, the area 69 army soldiers, NINJAS as swat ped with weapons such as M4, AK-47, combat shotgun, sniper, satchel charges, katanas and vehicles like burglary. ambulance and SWAT trucks.

The Storm Mission 1 part 2:
- Length: Good , as it can be done in 6 minutes. The player as a no-name boy is been assisted with Dan and Hassan inside the outdoor Area 69 to fight against the army soldiers, while Claude, the GTA III hero, decides to stay outside the area to fight against intruders such as NINJAS. One of your allies will die during the mission.
- Difficulty: Medium . While the enemies have 100% accuracies so that they can kill you within their firing range, the player is initially equipped with a rocket launcher which tone down the supposedly hard difficulty, not to mention that your allies has 100% accuracies as well. The Claude vs the NINJAS part is somewhat laughable because he shares the same weapons as the protagonist while the enemy are attacking with katanas.
- Variety: Excellent amount of characters such as the no-name player, his 3 allies: Dan, Hassan and Claude, the area 69 army soldiers, NINJAS as swat ped with weapons such as M4, AK-47, combat shotgun, sniper, satchel charges, katanas, rocket launchers and vehicles like tanks.

The Storm Part 3 FINAL:
- Length: Excellent , as it can be done in 10 minutes. The player as a no-name boy is been assisted by Dan, while Claude is still outside waiting for their return. The protagonist found his sister but must escape the indoor area 69 base from the weird enemies. One familiar GTASA character takes the role as an antagonist. Expect a lot of character deaths in this mission.
- Difficulty: Hard . The enemies have very strong accuracies and are equipped with devastating weapons such as snipers, rocket launchers, miniguns and flame throwers. not to mention that the indoor area 69 base make it harder to kill the enemies effectively. The main boss consists of 2 fighting rounds, each with a lot of HP.
- Variety: Excellent amount of characters such as the no-name player, his 2 allies: Dan and Claude, the area 69 army soldiers, the NINJAS, the detectives, the wierd civilian peds with weapons such as sniper, minigun, homing launcher, flame thrower, katana, m4, mp5 and vehicles like motorbikes and a sport car.

Overall the mission are very good icon14.gif . I found the storyline quite hilarious as it look like it was inspired from an action movies with lots of explosions and characters like the protagonist who does some heroic action, while Claude who acts like a bad-ass silent killer and the antagonist as a crazy mad individual. It was a fun experience to play those missions and I hope the author keeps the good work. biggrin.gif

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

Wow, thanks for the great reviev icon14.gif . Im really happy you enjoyed them. By the way the Storm Part 1 was like my 4th mission so I didnt expect they were this good. Dont worry I keep up the good work icon14.gif

Bommster
  • Bommster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:59 PM

hey AznKei,

could you review my mini-mission Generic Action Mission? It's on my topic, currently the only mission in my Mini-Missions list.

(Don't be harsh on the "presentation" part, it's supposed to lack a story as it's a parody of the common action movie formula, and any mistakes in writing are probably because English isn't my native language. Anyways)

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

Hi everyone,

Today I'm going to review 2 missions made by SevilleCheng, also known as FengYe. They're part of the Story of Woozie series.

The missions can be downloaded at: http://www.gtaforums...&f=246&t=455293.

- Writing: Decent . They're a good amount of mistakes that can be found in these missions. While, I won't deny that english is not the first lauguage for the author, the writings seems somewhat rushed and most of the missions are explained in short sentences which makes the player to rely on visual interpretations to understand the mission storyline.
- Presentation: Good . Nice viewing angles between different angles. It lacks a good amount of cutscenes to support the mission storylines, but otherwise the available cutscenes do the job well.

Cesar:
- Length: Very Good , as it can be done in 8 minutes. The player plays as Woozie and he must pick up Cesar from the San Fierro airport to Pier 69 in order to deal with the Triads. Unfortunately, thing aren't going so well as they're ambushed by the Da Nang Boyz.
- Difficulty: Medium . First the player needs to get rid of the enemies at the pier 69 rooftops with a sniper from the other rooftop across the street. Next, the player must kill the enemies with excellent accuracies inside the Pier 69 mall. In short, it plays like the original "Pier 69" mission.
- Variety: Very Good amount characters models which includes the Triads, the Da Nang Boyz, Woozie and Cesar with weapons such as snipers, micro-uzi, ak-47, pistols and 2 different fast cars available.

Ambush:
-Length: Good , as it can be done in 5 minutes. The player plays as Woozie and he and his Triad ally want to steal a Trashmaster from the Biker's hood in west San Fierro. Things aren't that easy as the bikers planned a backup of a large number of members and motorbikes to chase the player.
- Difficulty: Medium . First, the player needs to take a good look around the starting point. Without adequate equipments, the mission can be impossible. Second, the enemies have 100% accuracies, so kill them quick before they reach their firing ranges which fortunately, don't come in huge numbers. Third, the Trashmaster is bulletproof.
- Variety: Good amount characters models which includes a Triad member, the bikers and Woozie with weapons such as snipers, micro-uzi, sawn-off shotgun, mp5, ak-47, pistols and Banshee and Trashmaster available.

Overall, the mission are quite simple and fun to play icon14.gif . However, the player needs to put more details into the mission storyline as those missions seems that the events are just popping up randomly. Otherwise, good job and Keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Bommster @ Aug 25 2010, 22:59)
hey AznKei,

could you review my mini-mission Generic Action Mission?  It's on my topic, currently the only mission in my Mini-Missions list.

(Don't be harsh on the "presentation" part, it's supposed to lack a story as it's a parody of the common action movie formula, and any mistakes in writing are probably because English isn't my native language. Anyways)

Don't worry too much, ^_O

The purpose of those reviews is to help the DYOM users to improve their missions. There's also other DYOM users who would like to play, but want to know what to expect.

I tried my best to keep the criticisms well balanced and not going too much into the negative aspects smile.gif .

JOJOXX
  • JOJOXX

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (AznKei @ Aug 26 2010, 19:05)
QUOTE (Bommster @ Aug 25 2010, 22:59)
hey AznKei,

could you review my mini-mission Generic Action Mission?  It's on my topic, currently the only mission in my Mini-Missions list.

Don't worry too much, ^_O

The purpose of those reviews is to help the DYOM users to improve their missions. There's also other DYOM users who would like to play, but want to know what to expect.

I tried my best to keep the criticisms well balanced and not going too much into the negative aspects smile.gif .

AznKei the best reviewer.He always write good long commets,and If need help for somebody he always help colgate.gif tounge2.gif icon14.gif

Bommster
  • Bommster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

It's okay, then. I'm just waiting for the review biggrin.gif

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (Bommster @ Aug 27 2010, 06:59)
It's okay, then. I'm just waiting for the review biggrin.gif

AznKei usually only does one per day. So you will have to wait for tomorrow. And I agree with JOJOXX, AK is definetly the best (and to think about it, the only) reviewer here.

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

Hello everyone,

Today I'm going to review 2 missions made by Bommster. They're part of the Carjacker series.

To download these missions, please follow the link at: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=457672.

- Writing: Excellent . They're generally well written with constructive sentences and punctuations. Adding text colors is a nice touch as they can really help to find the keywords of your objectives.
- Presentation: Very Good . Nice viewing angle between different cutscenes, particularly in the Monster Mayhem mission, with the character animations to amplify the atmosphere.

Buffalo Bill:
- Length: Short , as it can be done in 2 minutes. The player play as a young man and he has been tasked to steal a Buffalo car inside the Automobile Shop in San Fierro and send it to his garage while avoiding the shopping guards pursuit.
- Difficulty: Easy . Follow the designed checkpoints and do not stay idle, otherwise the enemy will chase you.
The mission is mainly focused on driving, so no weapons involved.
- Variety: Decent amount of character models including the protagonist, one guard ped and one or 2 different cars including the buffalo.

Monster Mayhem:
- Length: Good , as it can be done in 5 minutes. The player is a young man and his friend just departs of the cafe meeting. The player needs to kill many Truckers in order to steal a Monster Truck and send it into the garage.
- Difficulty: Medium . The player is initially equipped with a baseball bat while his enemies carries many different melee weapons. They can in good numbers simultaneously and the cops are also involved whenever the player commits a crime. So don't get caught inside the crowd.
- Variety: Good amount of character models including the protagonist, his ally and the trucker peds with weapons such as pistols, baseball bats and metal knuckles and vehicles such as a buffalo and a monster truck.

Overall the missions are well done icon14.gif . The things that need to improve include the length, the presentation and the variety criterias. Otherwise, good job for the author and keep up the good work. biggrin.gif

Bommster
  • Bommster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:21 PM

Haha, thanks for the review biggrin.gif ! Though I wanted you to review Generic Action Mission, I think those two were better for finding what could I improve in. You should check GAM out one day, though, but for now just go on with other people's requests (or your own tounge2.gif )

Anyways, great topic, bye smile.gif

pauliux2
  • pauliux2

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

hey,maybe you can review some of my missions again?If you can please review smile.gif thanks

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review 2 missions made by Tug66666. They're part of the Power is everything series.

The missions can be downloaded at: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=455529.

- Writing: Excellent . They're perfectly well written even though they're not all written in traditional English. The instructions are very clear and comprehensive and the dialogues are very well structured.
- Presentation: Excellent . Accurate viewing angle between different cutscenes. Some cutscenes are hilarious and cool at the same time such as the enemy who just flying away from an explosion in close view in the "Helping out" mission.

Helping out:
- Length: Good , as it can be done in 6 minutes. The player plays as young man called John and he has been tasked by his older brother Vinnie to help his friend Pedro against a rival gang in East Los Santos and starts working for him.
- Difficulty: Medium . The enemies have average accuracies and the main action happens inside a street with a lot of objects that are used as shield against the enemy fire and explosives to clear out concentrated enemies. The player is initially equipped with a pistol.
- Variety: Excellent amount of character models such as John, Vinnie, 2 different thug enemy models, Pedro and his Rifa lookalike associates with weapons such as mp5, micro-uzi and pistol and objects such as crates, parking cars and explosive barrels.

Thugs 'N Da Hood:
- Length: Excellent , as it can be done in 12 minutes. The player John has been tasked by Pedro to kill the rival gang that surround his neighborhood in East Los Santos.
- Difficulty: Medium . They're 3 waves of enemies, scattered around the area, that the player must fight through. The enemies generally have average accuracies, but the strategy is a little bit different for each waves. The player is initially equipped with a pistol and shotgun. There's one healthpack that can be found inthis mission.
- Variety: Very Good amount of character models such as John, Pedro and the 2 different peds for the rival gang with weapons such as pistol, mp5, micro-uzi and shotgun and some enemy vehicles that do drive-by shooting.

Overall, those missions are very well done icon14.gif . It was interesting that the 2 missions are given by 2 different characters which makes the transition of a new chapter going smoothly. Overall, good job for the author for his mission and keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:05 PM Edited by AznKei, 31 August 2010 - 07:08 PM.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!

I would like to say that I'm very thankful that most people here in the DYOM subforums appreciate my reviews and wants to review their missions. Unfortunately, I would like to inform you about some changes that will be made starting this September.

As most of you know, school is already started for most young people. And since I will be spending a lot of time studying, especially at University level, and job working at the same time, I will have to face a lot of pressure in my daily life. Which means that I have no choice but to cut the review rate down to between 2 or 3 reviews per week.

It was good to help you guys in this forum and I hope you can understand the situation that I have to go through right now.

Well then, I hope you guys a good "back to school" period. ^_^

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:45 AM

Good luck with schooling then smile.gif . You have been such a great asset here for such a long time I think you deserve a break.

SevilleCheng
  • SevilleCheng

蛋糕是骗人的?

• Members

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:24 AM

Thank you very much for your review.

There's only one thing.My Chinese name is "FangYe" not "FengYe"

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:52 AM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 06 September 2010 - 05:04 PM.

Hey, AznKei. I would like to ask you when you will have time to review my ''GTA Cj Stories'' mission series. I started with my series 2-3 weeks ago and I finished it today. You don't have to play them all but if you want you can so that you can understand my story. You can download them here: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=457100

P.S. You don't have to review all missions seperately, when you play all of my missions (if you want to) you can just review my whole story in general.

Thanks in forward, man. biggrin.gif Cheers.

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:17 PM

Hey AznKei, I've recently just finished chapter 1 of The Ballad Of Tommy Vercetti. I was wondering when you have time could you review the missions that you haven't played. You can download it herehttp://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=7785. I wish you the best of luck with school!

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:45 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review 3 missions made by Jimmy_Leppard. They're part of the GTA Cj Stories series.

The missions can be downloaded at: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=457100.

- Writing: Excellent , they're generally perfectly well written. The writing explain very well what the storyline of each mission is all about.
- Presentation: Very Good . Nice viewing angle between each different cutscenes and nice use of animation that illustrates well the action of the characters.

Bad decision:

- Length: Very Good , as it can be done in 8 minutes. The player plays the role of CJ, and he and his friend Mark pick up another friend called Jackie at a house in West Las Venturas to save CJ's brother Mike inside the Caligula's casino. Unfortunately, things aren't doing well as they expected.
- Difficullty: Easy . The enemies have average accuracies. However, the player is assisted with his 2 allies during the gunfights and there's plenty of healthpacks and armor in most places. The player is initially equipped with an MP5.
- Variety: Very Good amount of characters which includes CJ, Mark, Jackie and the russians, the mafias, the agents and bodyguards as the enemies with weapons such as pistols, MP5s and Micro-Uzis and a vehicle such as Mark's car.

Cyber Sam:
- Length: Short , as it can be done in 3 minutes. After a unsuccessful attempt to save Mike inside the Caligula's casino, CJ and Mark are going to meet another friend named Cyber Sam in order to find a solution to hack the security system where Mike is imprisoned.
- Difficulty: Very Easy . There's no gunfights are anything lethal in this mission. Just go the following objective checkpoints and watch the cutscenes.
- Variety: Decent amount of characters such as CJ, Mark and Cyber Sam with a vehicle like Mark's car.

The device:
- Length: Short , as it can be done in 3 minutes. 2 days later, Cyber Sam manages to create a device that can hack into the security system code. CJ and Mark's thank the electronic engineer and decide to take on a full on assault inside the Caligula's casino by tomorrow (next mission).
- Difficulty: Very Easy . There's no gunfights are anything lethal in this mission. Just go the following objective checkpoints and watch the cutscenes.
- Variety: Good amount of characters such as CJ, Mark, Cyber Sam, some gang members with desert eagles and a lookalike Sweet character named Mike as an hostage, and a vehicle like Mark's car.

Overall, the mission are well done. While some of them are quite short, they make the progression of the storyline flowing in a reasonable pace. While the main character is named CJ, the whole storyline has no relation comparing to the real GTA San Andreas storyline, especially when CJ's brother is named Mike. Great job for the author and keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:44 AM Edited by Chimpso, 07 September 2010 - 10:19 AM.

Hey if you have time could you review Part 4 of the SAPD Chronicles? It would be great if you could review them all (you've already reviewed the first one) but seeing as you're busy at the moment you can only review the following if you want to:

•Toreno's Wrath
•Retaliation
•Desert Siege
•It's Our Turn
•End of the Locos

Thanks biggrin.gif .

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

AznKei, thank you very much for your reviews. Your opinion means very much to me. Thanks again, dude. Cheers. biggrin.gif

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

Hi everyone!

Today I'm going to review 3 missions made by Chimpso. They're part of the SAPD Chronicles series.

The link to download these missions can be found at: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=458673.

Now, it's time for the review:

- Writing: Very Good . Although they're some typing errors that can be found in some objective descriptions and dialogues, they're comprehensive enough for the player to know what to do in each mission.
- Presentation: Very Good . Nice viewing angle between each different cutscenes. One of the main attraction of those missions, which is an optional option, is that the author give you a code which slows down the cutscene speed in order to add some cool effects whenever an important event occurs.

Toreno's Wrath:
- Length: Very Good , as it can be done in 8 minutes. The player plays as James and he, Gerard and the San Fierro Police Department (SFPD) discuss about how to stop Toreno. Unfortunately, things aren't going to well for the protagonist and his allies as they're ambushed with Toreno's agents inside and outside of the SFPD.
- Difficulty: Hard . The enemies have very good accuracies and carry some powerful weapons. Although you have some allies assisting you during the gunfights, it's quite hard to distinguish them from the enemies since most character models, allies and enemies alike, are wearing black or darker suits. There's a fight against a hunter helicopter near the end of the mission.
- Variety: Excellent amount of character models which includes James and Gerard as the LVPD models, the SFPD members, SWAT members, agents, bodyguards and a rich looking civilian, carrying weapons such as pistol, mp5, micro-uzi, m4, ak-47, shotgun and combat shotgun and vehicles such as the SFPD car, the SWAT car, and the bodyguard black car.

Retaliation:
- Length: Very Good , as it can be done in 8 minutes. The player James has been tasked by the SFPD director to hunt down some Toreno's agent helicopters at Verona beach, Los Santos in retaliation what they did in the last mission.
- Difficulty: Medium . The player mainly drives a Hunter helicopter and he must destroy the enemies helicopters that surround the Verona beach area. Be careful though, as some Hunter enemies can shoot missiles which can kill you in very few hits.
- Variety: Very Good amount of character models which includes James, Gerard, a rich-looking civilian, the SFPD members, agents and bodyguards, with vehicles such as the Hunter, the Maverick helicopters and a black agent van.

Toreno's Target:
- Length: Good , as it can be done in 5 minutes. The player James and his friend Gerard are going to catch a passenger plane at the San Fierro Airport, while at the same time, disguise themselves as civilians. Unfortunately, things aren't going to well as the enemies firebombed the passenger plane where they're in.
- Difficulty: Medium . The main gameplay of this mission is that the player must land successfully into the airport surface, while at the same time, avoiding a 6 star wanted level during the air traveling. No gunfights involved.
- Variety: Good amount of character models including James, Gerard in both police and civilian appearances with passengers and crews inside the passenger plane.

Overall, these missions are very good and make progression of the SAPD chronicles storyline icon14.gif . The slowdown effects is a cool feature, although it's optional for the player whenever he wants or doesn't want to enable that option. Good job for the author for designing those missions and keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:29 AM

I know your busy now and only have time to review so many missions

But when you get the time, I would like to you review some more missions from Las Venturas Crew

The missions I would like a review on are

Meeting with Charlie

Saving Your Sister

A New Partner in Crime

Checking out the New Guy

If you can review them that would be nice, thanks.

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:10 AM

Thanks Azenkei for another wonderful review biggrin.gif .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users