DYOM Missions review

1,656 replies to this topic
MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None
  • Best DYOM Mission 2013 "Max Parker"

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:38 AM Edited by Arejai, 15 February 2012 - 05:50 AM.

Greeting everyone. This time I'm going to review a mission named Getting Closer by ThaBoy . This is the 4th mission of his mission pack called The Splinter Cell .

Here's the link to the official topic: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=499523

Let's get going to the review:

Writing (Excellent) There are no spelling mistake found in this mission. The using of words are good. Easy word, excellent.

Presentation (Very good) The cutscenes that has positioned on the outside of the interior is a very creative. Good job. I like it.

Length (Very Good) It can be done in 9 minutes. The player will need to fight through his long way to reach Kobin. We'll face a hordes of enemies guarding the door to the next room.

Difficulty (Hard) They're equipped with a stronger weapons like M4 and AK47, has a medium accuracy and health while we're given an MP5. The boxes as a covering will destroyed easily, so it's hard for a player to kill the enemies.

Variety (Decent) Little amount of different actors and weapons. There are 3 types of actor,5 types of weapons and 1 type of object. Vehicle hasn't been used in this mission.

Overall, this mission is a bit different from the previous missions. It's focused on the gunfight. The player will face a lot of enemies, around 20 - 30, inside the baseball field(I don't know what it's called). It's almost 'very hard', but with a strategy and quick move.. well, I completed this mission with just a little trouble. Good job. Last words, nice mission, keep it up, and don't give up. biggrin.gif

Rating: 8.6/10

By Arejai .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
REQUEST LISTS

Shark: Alex Reed Stories - AK
NothingSpecial - Denise's Stories - Nitesh
AK: Ground Zero (All missions)
AnDRej98: Mike Devison Chronices (some missions)
Arejai: The Soldier's Eyes - Nitesh
gta player13: Just Like Old Times - Arejai
ThaBoy: Splinter Cell (Last Mission) - Arejai

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

Thanks for the review Arejai biggrin.gif

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:34 AM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review a mission made by NothingSpecial . They're part of his Denise's Story series.
Please click on the link below in order to view the topic and find links to download them:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=499727

Now, it's time for the review,

- Writing: Good . There were very few noticable grammar mistakes. Most of the dialogues were exaggerated by the use of captil letters or repeateduse of certain letters in the word.
- Presentation: Very good , The cutscenes used were perfectly focused and timed. Appropriate animations were given to the actors in the cutscenes.

Start of the line
- Length: Very good , as it can be done in about 8 minutes. The player, Denise, and the other Groves are in a fight against the Ballas. There are three waves, one is already in the fight. After defeating them, the Groves notice some sharp shooters on the road side above. After taking them all down, some Ballas tough guys jumps from the road and they also have to be killed. After that, an unknown man calls the cops which arrives instantly. The other groves manages to escape leaving Denise in the hands of the cops.
- Difficulty: Normal . Even though there are many enemies, the fight takes place in an open area which gives the player a space in case the health starts getting low. Also the large number vf the Groves makes it easier. However, the player has to be careful so that not too many Ballas attack Big Smoke, Sweet and Ryder because they have the must survive property.
- Variety: Very good . Characters include Denise, Sweet, Ballas, Big Smoke, Groves, unknown man, Tenpenny, Pulaski and other cops. Cars include police cars and other random cars which were placed in order to provide cover. Weapvns include AK 47, Shotguns and some melee weapons.

Overall the mission was good and full of action. Even though not much of a story is explained, it can be understandable because it's just the first mission. The designer did a good job in the designing of the mission and should keep up with it.

NothingSpecial
  • NothingSpecial

2spooky4me

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

Thanks Nitesh! biggrin.gif nOw I'm a bit boosted to continue the mission pack smile.gif

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:16 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 16 February 2012 - 12:18 PM.

Can someone review my missions from my story-line Mike Devison Chronicles ?

ristar101
  • ristar101

You got spunk...

• Members

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:41 AM Edited by ristar101, 18 February 2012 - 10:54 AM.

Hey homie I'am new here and this is my very first mission please review this it took me a week to make biggrin.gif

Name: Vengence Series: Avenger (Part 1)

Link: http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=17441

Thanks in advance icon14.gif

crow41798
  • crow41798

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

Could one of you please review my missions - Stealth Assassination Part 1 & 2? Tell me anything that you thought was good, and anything that you didn't like.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (ristar101 @ Saturday, Feb 18 2012, 06:41)
Hey homie I'am new here and this is my very first mission please review this it took me a week to make biggrin.gif

Name: Vengence Series: Avenger (Part 1)

Link: http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=17441

Thanks in advance icon14.gif

I'll do it...

ristar101
  • ristar101

You got spunk...

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

Thanks abishai.kochara. Boy you guys are fast at replying
Be gentle this is my first mission.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:21 AM Edited by abishai.kochara, 23 February 2012 - 06:31 AM.

Hey guys! Today I'm gonna' do a review on Ristar's 'Vengence Series: Avenger (Part 1)' !
Now to the review!

'Vengence Series: Avenger (Part 1)'

Dialogue . Excellent Awesome dialogues, they really suit the actors, no spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes, really good.

Presentation . Very Good Really good job with the cutscenes, the angles and timings are accurate! Good job!

Length . Excellent It'll take a good amount of your time, you'll lose track and will keep playing for about 15 minutes, you'll be stuck the mission and will enjoy this even though its a gangster themed mission, its really intriguing!

Difficulty . Hard I'd rather say its very hard but..... anyways, the difficulty should be low, the people with throwables should be removed, they make the already a suicide mission more deadly, I failed some times and was left no choice but to cheat, you'll greatly enjoy the mission though!

Variety . Excellent All the gangsters are neatly placed, all gangsters have been used, a number weapons have been alloted and great job with setting and objects bub!

Overall I greatly enjoyed the mission and played it again, it was really enjoyable! Its a must play with a lot of new things! Its got awesome gameplay and a great setting! Really intriguing! Great job and lessen the difficulty next time! Great job! Publish your missions next time Ristar and remove the guys throwables 'cause the mission hasn't been published as yet! Publishing will stop your missions from being stolen! Good Job!

RATING : 9.8/10

ristar101's Vengence Series: Avenger (Part 1)
crow41798's Stealth Assassination Part 1 & 2

ristar101
  • ristar101

You got spunk...

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (abishai.kochara @ Thursday, Feb 23 2012, 06:21)
Hey guys! Today I'm gonna' do a review on Ristar's 'Vengence Series: Avenger (Part 1)' !
Now to the review!

'Vengence Series: Avenger (Part 1)'

Dialogue . Excellent Awesome dialogues, they really suit the actors, no spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes, really good.

Presentation . Very Good Really good job with the cutscenes, the angles and timings are accurate! Good job!

Length . Excellent It'll take a good amount of your time, you'll lose track and will keep playing for about 15 minutes, you'll be stuck the mission and will enjoy this even though its a gangster themed mission, its really intriguing!

Difficulty . Hard I'd rather say its very hard but..... anyways, the difficulty should be low, the people with throwables should be removed, they make the already a suicide mission more deadly, I failed some times and was left no choice but to cheat, you'll greatly enjoy the mission though!

Variety . Excellent All the gangsters are neatly placed, all gangsters have been used, a number weapons have been alloted and great job with setting and objects bub!

Overall I greatly enjoyed the mission and played it again, it was really enjoyable! Its a must play with a lot of new things! Its got awesome gameplay and a great setting! Really intriguing! Great job and lessen the difficulty next time! Great job! Publish your missions next time Ristar and remove the guys throwables 'cause the mission hasn't been published as yet! Publishing will stop your missions from being stolen! Good Job!

RATING : 9.8/10

ristar101's Vengence Series: Avenger (Part 1)
crow41798's Stealth Assassination Part 1 & 2

alien.gif Holy Sh*t I never expected to get this much rating and this is my first mission. Thanks for your review dude! icon14.gif icon14.gif

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:54 PM Edited by ThaBoY, 23 February 2012 - 01:29 PM.

@rirstar101

Could you please don't quote such long posts.
You didn't even need the quote, you had the next post.
And you can always add "@username" in the beginning of you post, like I'm doing now.

Anyway,
Can someone review the last mission I made for G4L.
This one <link>

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:56 PM Edited by abishai.kochara, 23 February 2012 - 01:04 PM.

I'll take it ThaBoy smile.gif

@Ristar
Neither did I lol.gif
anyways I enjoyed it a lot, partly 'cause of my effects and graphics mods and my joypad, those were just the quarter sorry! the remaining quarter and half was filled with you hard work in the mission! icon14.gif

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:20 PM Edited by ThaBoY, 23 February 2012 - 01:27 PM.

Okay, thanks AK.

crow41798
  • crow41798

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Can someone review my missions, Stealth Assassination Part 1 & 2?

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (crow41798 @ Thursday, Feb 23 2012, 22:06)
Can someone review my missions, Stealth Assassination Part 1 & 2?

Link to the missions?

crow41798
  • crow41798

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

Oh, sorry.

Part 1 - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=17473

Part 2 - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=17474

Alan Eastwood
  • Alan Eastwood

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Can someone review this mission?

http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=17512

Thanks.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:46 AM

I'll take ThaBoy's and XProyect's missions, I'll take crow's too if you don't AJ. smile.gif

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:55 AM

What happen to mine? confused.gif

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE (-S-hark21 @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 03:55)
What happen to mine? confused.gif

Uh.. yeah, sorry blush.gif
I'll do that right away

STATUS
ThaBoy & XProyect & Shark - AK
Crow - (I'll take it if AJ won't)

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

Greeting everyone. This time I'm going to review a missions named Stealth Assassination by crow41798 which has two parts.

Writing (Very Good) I found no spelling mistake in these missions. About the dialogues, it's kinda annoying when the protagonist talked; you put "You" instead of the protagonist's name. Wel.. the main character needs a name.

Presentation (Good) Some of the cutscenes could be improved; 2 - 3 of them are not accuracy though. I loved the part when we need to push the guards into the water. It's a good idea, well done.

Part 1

Length (Excellent) It can be done in 12 - 13 minutes. We'll role as an assassin(without name), must get into the mansion and find the target.

Difficulty (Medium) We'll be guided to kill all the guards through the way to the target. We're given a knife and silenced pistol in the mission.

Variety (Decent) There a 6 - 8 types of actors, several types of weapons & objects, and 1 type of vehicle.

Part 2

Length (Excellent) It can be done in 10 - 12 minutes. In the mansion, we must go through all the guards and kill the target. Same as the previous mission, we'll be guided through the way. After we killed the target, we need to go to the secret place to get the money.

Difficulty (Hard) This time, it become more difficult as we need to run away from the guards/mansion after we killed the target. We'll have some shootout in the mission.

Variety (Good) There are 7 types of actors, and plenty types of weapons, objects and vehicles.

Overall, it's a pretty nice missions, even though it's still can't reach the 'high class' assassination. But, it's very fun to play as I'm enjoyed playing the missions. Nice job, just improved the cutscene, and put the protagonist's name and it'll be better. Last words, nice missions, keep it up, and don't give up. biggrin.gif

Rating 8.9/10

By Arejai

crow41798
  • crow41798

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Thanks, Arejai!

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

Can anyone review the first chapter of my MP, Crisis Day?

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

@GTAIndonesia I'll take it.

NothingSpecial
  • NothingSpecial

2spooky4me

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Could someone review my mission pack Denise's Stories. The second and third mission.

Thank you for attention smile.gif

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

I'll do it....

gta player13
  • gta player13

BOOM! headshot.

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Arejai @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 04:28)
Greeting everyone. This time I'm going to review a single mission named Just Like Old Times by gta player13 .

Here's the link to the mission: http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=17284

Writing (Decent) There are no spelling mistake found. But, two mistake; "hereany" and "selled"(it's actually "sold"). Other than that, please, write properly. You should start a words with a capital letter. One more thing, you must add a characters name for a dialogues and it'll be better.

Presentation (Good) Some of the cutscenes is in good position. About the scene on which the cop is coming from the alley, I'm suggest that you zoom the cutscene to the cop.

Length (Short) It can be done in 2 minutes. The player, a drug dealer, will need to escape from the police. The search team found that you was hiding on the corner(I don't know what it's called). So, you must kill the cops to survive.

Difficulty (Easy) All the enemies has a low health and accuracy. The part when the player ambushed by the cops, you don't set the objective to "kill all enemies". So, the player just need to kill one of the cops to survived. So, use the objective properly.

Variety (Very Good) There are plenty types of weapons and actors. The player was given a micro uzi while the cops used a different kind of weapons such as m4, ak47, silenced, etc.

Overall, this mission can be improved by adding more cutscenes and actions. Yes, the idea is pretty good but it's too short to play. If you set the objective to 'kill all enemies' and set their health to higher, it'll be much longer and fun. You must add the character's name on the dialogues, so we'll know who was talking. Last words, cool mission, keep it up, and don't give up. biggrin.gif

Rating: 4/10

By Arejai .

I can't believe it about the selled-sold mistake! I'm pre-lower level and I did such a spelling mistake.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:44 AM Edited by shiva s, 27 February 2012 - 01:46 AM.

Hey, guys. I need some reviews for my new mission series 'The Harsh Thunder'. Ask me if you need the link

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:53 AM

I can do a review, shiva, since I'm still a reviewer, but not in standart style. It will be like I'm telling what pros and cons I found in this mission, why I liked/disliked it and what desginer needs to improve. I already made a review like that, here: http://www.gtaforums...entry1060887295. If you like it, I'll do it, another way, someone can take it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users