Photo

DYOM Missions review

1,649 replies to this topic
Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

Thank you! I really put alot of effort in these missions, Will you also review the last mission (Martha), because you said you'll review it, well, anyway, thanks!

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ Jul 12 2010, 17:19)
Thank you! I really put alot of effort in these missions, Will you also review the last mission (Martha), because you said you'll review it, well, anyway, thanks!

The review of the Martha mission is done. Look at the review of your missions post. It has been updated recently. smile.gif

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:54 AM

Hello again,

Today, I will do the review the 4th and 5th mission of Act III of the Codename: Zulu series by Mattatatta. This is a continuation of the first 2 missions of Act III since, the 3rd mission crashed sad.gif .

In order to download those missions, please go to this link at:http://www.gtaforums...ic=441754&st=80.

Let's start the review:

- Writing: Very Good . Everything is well written aside for very few spelling mistakes. There's some punctuation problems like the apostrophes ( ' ) and the colons ( : ) are being replaced by a period ( . ).
- Presentation: Excellent , the storyline is very detailed and there's many events that keep the player motivated what's going to happen next. As usual, the camera angle between different cutscenes are flawless.

Framed!:
- Length: Excellent , as it can be done in 10 minutes. The player plays as Zulu and this mission, he's a traitor of the Falling Angels organization. Zulu has been imprisoned at the LSPD headquarters and thanks to Indigo, Zulu escapes Los Santos into a remote area at the Panopticon countryside. The mission mainly consists of stealth killing your enemies and escaping the law force.
- Difficulty: Medium . The 6-starred wanted level can be scary at first but it's far doable if the player keeps driving away from the law force, especially at the countryside. The enemies that are, set by the author, carry a pistol and have average accuracies.
- Variety: Very good amount of characters models and weapons. The actors mainly consists of Toreno, FBI agents, LSPD officers, the army soldiers, Indigo and Zulu. While the weapons are mostly pistols and assault rifles.

Person Of Interest:
- Length: Long , as it can be done in 16 minutes. Thanks the documents he stole from the LSPD headquarters, the player Zulu must find Dr. Schurch in order to know anything about the recent events. But not before Zulu changes his identity appearance becoming Anthony.
The mission consists of road travelling, parachuting, escaping a 5-starred wanted level and running away from a massive fallout.
- Difficulty: Hard . The parachuting part can be very annoying because of the "unable to set-it off easily" bug. Other than this, it is doable, just be careful to any lethal obstacles and the law force. Most set enemies carry a pistol with average accuracies. They can be killed easily because of their low HP and can be headshotted.
- Variety: Very good amount of characters models and weapons such as Zulu's double identity, Indigo, Dr. Schurch, the assassins and the law force. The player carries a silenced pistol and an MP5.

Overall these 2 missions are awesome icon14.gif . In my opinion, they're more focused in a strong narrative objectives and are more accessible to play than the over-the-top action from the first 2 missions of act III. Good job for designing these missions and keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

Mattatatta
  • Mattatatta

Over 10,000 downloads and recognised DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:17 AM

Thanks for the reviews AznKei. I'll get onto the third mission and try to stabilise it. I had crash issues when making it, so perhaps there's a few a bugs I can't get to easily. If push comes to shove, I'll remake the mission.

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

Another review time!

Today, I'm going to review a mission series called Fight Club made by Tony_Florence. So far, this series contains 3 missions.

The links to download the Fight Club missions is...
- Fight Club: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=1619
- Fight Club 2: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=1625
- Fight Club 3: http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=6557

Now let's start the review!

- Writing: Very Good , since the characters are mostly gangsters, it is appropriate for them to have the gangster language, and it's well written even though there's less dialogues in this series.
- Presentation: Very Good . Nice close-ups for each character models to have an idea which opponents the player is going to fight against, and they have different animations too.

Fight Club:
- Length: Short , as it can be done in 2 minutes. The player as CJ must fight against 3 opponents at the rooftop of a small house in Ganton, Los Santos. The missions is mainly brawl fighting.
- Difficulty: Easy . The enemies are fighting with the fist and some melee weapons. The player only use his fist. It's a 1 vs. 1 fight, so beat them down until each opponent is K.O.
- Variety: Good amount of enemy models, mostly gangsters, with different animations and weapons such as the baseball and a cane rod.

Fight Club 2:
- Length: Decent , as it can be done in 4 minutes. The player as CJ must fight against 5 opponents at the basement inside of a house. The missions is mainly brawl fighting.
- Difficulty: Medium . The enemies are fighting with the fist and some melee weapons. The player only use his fist. It's a 1 vs. 1 fight, so beat them down until each opponent is K.O.
One enemy carries a pistol with a large amount of HP (1000HP), so watch out.
- Variety: Good amount of enemy models, mostly gangsters, with different animations and weapons such as the baseball, a police stick and a pistol.

Fight Club 3:
- Length: Decent , as it can be done in 4 minutes. The player as a Sindacco-like gangster must fight against 5 opponents at the local gym ring (Las Venturas). The missions is mainly brawl fighting.
- Difficulty: Easy . The enemies are fighting with the fist and some melee weapons. The player only use his fist. It's a 1 vs. 1 fight, so beat them down until each opponent is K.O.
The last opponent CJ, has the most amount of HP (2500HP), so it's a long fight.
- Variety: Good amount of enemy models, mostly gangsters, with different animations and weapons such as the baseball bat, a shovel and a knife.

Overall the mission are fun, especially those who are a brawl fighting fan icon14.gif . In my opinion, the Fight Club 1 mission was interesting because it was the first of it's kind, so it was original. The Fight Club 2 mission was also interesting because the fight happened in a 2 stories house and the armed opponent makes the player think a little bit more. The Fight Club 3 mission was less interesting because it had a very similar gameplay than the 1st one with more enemies and health. The author should put more stuffs like putting many enemies at the same time while also having an ally assisting your fight, with breakable objects and many different weapons pickups that the player can choose during the brawl. Otherwise, the 3 missions are simple yet fun to play. Congratulations for Tony_Florence and keep up the good work. biggrin.gif

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

I've been drinking green tea all goddamn day!

• Members

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for the review man,I'm glad you enjoyed them. Watch out for Fight Club 4 and 5 coming soon. Also thanks for the tips tounge2.gif .

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:06 AM

it would be cool if you can review the rest of the of missions i uploaded for the "Las Venturas Crew" You reviewed the first two. 6 more were created recently. tounge.gif

Some missions are meant to be short.. while others decent.

the first 8 are Chapter 1 part 1. 8 more missions will appear in Chapter 1 tounge.gif

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:05 PM Edited by AznKei, 15 July 2010 - 04:28 PM.

Hi everyone,

Today I'm going to review the 4 missions that leoncj made. The 4 missions are part of the Episodes From Las Venturas series.

You can get the download link on each of these 4 missions made by leoncj at:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=450758.

Now into the reviews:

- Writing : Good. There's some spelling mistakes that I found in this mission, particularly the lack of apostrophes (') at some words, however they're easier to understand despite this. Nice use of coloring texts in order to facilitate the readings and determine each of the character's role. By the way, Haiti is a country and haitians are its people.
- Presentation : Very Good . Nice viewing angle between different cutscenes. Nice use of objects in order to create an unique route path such as the End to Diaz Family mission or a warzone such as the Trip to San Fierro mission.

End to Diaz Family:
- Length : Excellent , as it can be done in 10 minutes. The player play as Vlad and he and his partner Rob are going to kill the Diaz brothers at the Diaz mansion. Expect a large amount of indoor gunfights in this mission.
- Difficulty : Medium . The enemies carry some powerful weapons such as the M4 and SMGs. However, their accuracies are average. Each of the Diaz brothers have quite a large amount of health (1000HP) with no headshot option.
- Variety : Excellent . There's a large amount of enemies models carrying different types of weapons and a lot of wall objects that brings the mission a deeper gameplay. The player is initially equipped with a SMGs and a later an M4.

A Strange Guy:
- Length : Excellent , as it can be done in 12 minutes. The player Vlad got a call to a mysterious person who later is revealed as Joe, "The Truth" lookalike character in appearence. From his ranch, joe wants Vlad to steal a drug briefcase at the "Big Ear" antenna in the desert which is filled with FBI agents. The mission consists of gunfights, chasing an enemy helicopter and losing the heat from the law force.
- Difficulty : Medium . Most enemies carry weapons such as the MP5 and have good accuracies. But as the gunfight happens in a open wide area, the player has plenty of room to avoid the enemy fire. The part with a 6 star wanted level looks scary, but it's far doable if the player keeps driving away from the law force.
- Variety : Very Good . There's a moderate amount of characters models including Vlad, "The Truth lookalike" Joe and the FBI agents. There's a good amount of vehicles such as cars and helicopters. The player Vlad is initially equipped with a sawn-off shotgun and a baseball bat.

Battle begins:
- Length: Good , as it can be done in 5 minutes. The player play as Vlad and he has been tasked by Terry to fight with his biker gang members against the haitians at Fort Carson. This mission involves a big war gunfights with lot of gang members shooting each other.
- Difficulty: Easy . The enemies carry powerful weapons such as the Shotguns and the Assault Rifles. However, while they have good accuracies, the player is initially equipped with a rocket launcher and country rifle which makes him overpowered. Not to mention the bulletproof car that he's riding and his ally assistance.
- Variety: Very good . There's a large amount of enemies models carrying different types of weapons and vehicles such as the 4x4 car and the maverick helicopter.

Trip to San Fierro:
- Length: Very Good , as it can be done in 8 minutes. The player Vlad has been tasked by Terry to destroy the haitian main base in San Fierro thanks to a young haitian girl as a retainee. Again, expect a lot of big war gunfights between the bikers and the haitians in some alleyways in San Fierro.
- Difficulty: Medium . The enemies carry powerful weapons such as the Shotguns and Country Rifles and they have good accuracies. The player still have the same allies and initial weapons as the last mission that makes him overpowered. However. As the action takes place in some alleyways inside a big city, the cops will be involved if the player causes mayhem. So he's better not to get caught.
- Variety: Excellent . There's a large amount of characters models, allies and enemies alike, with many weapons, vehicles and objects. The alleyways part really gives the impression that there's a lot of stuffs that are going to be destroyed, which is very awesome.

Overall, the missions are very well done icon14.gif . The author put a lot of effort to make his missions enjoyable to watch and play at the same time. The difficulty is pretty much at the same level as the official GTA SA Missions which means they're quite accessible. The missions that involve a war against the haitians remind me to GTA Vice City, even the controversial "Kill the Haitians!!!" is still there. In short, I like playing those missions and I hope that the author keeps up the good work. biggrin.gif

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for the Review AznKei! It helps me a lot tounge.gif Especially Writing...

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:40 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review 2 missions of the Las Venturas Crew made by Doublepulse.

The link to download the 2 missions can be found at: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=452913.

Now into the review,

- Writing: Very Good . There's some typing mistakes that I found but they're less noticeable, especially since the characters are using the gangster vocabulary, it's already cool.
- Presentation: Very Good . The camera angle for the cutscenes are pretty much accurate and a good amount of them actually helps to understand better the storyline of your missions.

Learning the truth:
- Length: Good , as it can be done in 5 minutes. The player plays as Markus Williams and he has been tasked by Anthony to drive around Las Venturas in order to find the Ballas hideout there and gaining more information about the Kidnapping of her sister Michelle. The mission only consists of road traveling.
- Difficulty: Very easy . The player just have to drive around the town and gain some information while doing it. No gunfights involved.
- Variety: Decent . The character models consists of Markus, Anthony and the Ballas members. No one caries any weapons and the player only drives 2 different vehicles.

Stealing Some Money:
- Length: Good , as it can be done in 5 minutes. The player Markus and his homies are going to attack the Ballas gang at the counterfeit money factory in Las Venturas in order to steal the money from them. The mission is mainly a heavy gunfighting mission.
- Difficulty: Medium . The enemies carry a lot of different weapons an their accuracies are good. Fortunately, the player has his allies to fight with and there's an abundant amount of armors and healthpacks in this mission.
- Variety: Very Good . The characters models consists of Markus and his 3 homies and the ballas members all carrying different weapons such as the pistol, SMGs, rifles and AK-47s.

Overall, the 2 missions are very good and follow the progression of the story icon14.gif . In my opinion, I like the Stealing Some Money mission better, because the action is intense there and the difficulty is more forgiving, which makes the whole mission fun to play. Otherwise, good mission designing for the author and I hope he keeps up the good work biggrin.gif .

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:27 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review a mission called Civil War Intro , the first mission of the Civil War series, made by AlexisLUIGI13.

The mission can be download at: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=6678.

And the topic about the Civil War series is: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=454318.

Now, it's time for the review,

- Writing: Good . There's some spelling mistakes and some lack of punctuations, especially apostrophes ('). But otherwise, the writings are clear and easier to understand.
- Presentation: Very Good . Since it's a prologue mission and the first mission of the series, there's an abundant amount of details that describe the particular event. Nice viewing angle for each different cutscenes. The riot mode gives a better atmosphere for this kind of storyline.
- Length: Good , as it can be done in 6 minutes. The player plays two different characters alternatively and there's a civil war in San Andreas between the 2 opposite parties: one who sides with a corrupted Mayor and the other who are against him. Expect, a lot of gunfighting, observation killing and some parachuting in this mission.
- Difficulty: Medium . The gunfighting and observation parts are easy since the enemies have weak accuracies or are too far away which gives the player and his allies an advantage. The parachuting part can be tricky because of the lack of altitude in order to open the parachute safely and the lower rooftops around which can instant kill the player.
- Variety: Good . Each of the 2 parties are using the same character models: one party as an army model and the other as a swat model. There's plenty of weapons that can be found in this mission such as the SMGs, assault rifles, snipers, rocket launchers and miniguns. One vehicle can be seen in this mission is the enemy hunter.

Overall, this mission is very good and fits very well into the theme of a civil war icon14.gif . Some players might have some troubles to get through to parachuting part as it's not high enough to be safe. Other than this, good job for the author for designing a mission of a new series and I hope he keeps the good work biggrin.gif .

[TRM]AlexisLUIGI13
  • [TRM]AlexisLUIGI13

Dessigner of my Missions

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

thanks for the review, maybe today i do the first part be aware guys biggrin.gif

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:23 AM

What do you think about reviewing Part 3 of the SAPD Chronicles?

illegal_hustler
  • illegal_hustler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

congratulations on taking your time to review missions!!you really help designers,and your reviews are pertinent and well structured!!

Levindski
  • Levindski

Azure

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

Great review topic, AznKei.

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review the next 2 missions of the Las Venturas Crew made by Doublepulse.

The link to download the 2 missions can be found at: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=452913.

Now into the review,

- Writing: Very Good . There's some typing mistakes that I found but they're less noticeable, especially since the characters are using the gangster vocabulary, it's already cool.
- Presentation: Very Good . The camera angle for the cutscenes are pretty much accurate and a good amount of them actually helps to understand better the storyline of the missions.

Failed Interrogations Hurt!:
- Length: Very Good , as it can be done in 7 minutes. The player Markus has been tasked by his dad who is a police officer to take a look at one of the Ballas base in Las Venturas in order to find some more informations about the kidnapped Michelle. Expect a cutscene oriented mission with some (bugged!) rail shootings going on.
- Difficulty: Hard . The main attraction of the mission was supposed to be a rail shooting mission, where the player stands at the back of the truck, shooting his enemies, while his ally drives the truck. However, the truck just stop at the red traffic lights and the player must fight against 5 car drive-bys enemies. Find a place unreachable for the enemy cars before they run over and shoot the player badly.
- Variety: Very Good . The character models consists of Markus, his father and his fellow officer and the Ballas members, all carrying SMGs. There's quite a good amount of vehicles in this mission.

Interuption at Work!:
- Length: Short , as it can be done in 2 minutes. The player Markus and his father are discussing about the Ballas hideout around Las Venturas with the other police officers inside the LVPD building, when suddenly they're ambushed by the Ballas gang. The mission consists mainly of intense gunfights between the player with his allies against the enemies.
- Difficulty: Easy . Most of the enemies have average accuracies. And the fact there's many allies assisting you, the whole gunfight is a breeze to go through.
- Variety: Very Good . The character models consists of Markus, his father, the fellow officer Mendez, the LSPD officers and the Ballas, all carrying weapons like the SMGs and assault rifles. No vehicles can be found there as the mission happens inside a police building.

Overall, the 2 missions are very good and follow the progression of the story icon14.gif . The rail shooting part at the Failed Interrogations Hurt! doesn't work well as the truck is been interrupted by the red traffic lights. Besides, the current DYOM version doesn't have a dedicated rail shooting option, that's the main reason why no DYOM users have made a mission with that feature other than doing like this. Otherwise, good mission designing for the author and I hope he keeps up the good work biggrin.gif .

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:45 PM

thanks for the review on those two missions as well tounge.gif rail shooting part was hard to make.. every time i would try to make it work, it would crash at some point, or bugged actors, i might create future rail shooting missions in the series( not sure) and i will try to make them a bit better, but we will see ! It sucks you just couldnt have the traffic light options in the settings or something to make it eaiser

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review 2 missions of the Marco's Stories made by Billy7877 due to his request.

The link where the missions can be downloaded is at: http://www.gtaforums...402344&st=0&hl=.

- Writing: Good . There's some writing mistakes that can be found, otherwise they're comprehensive enough. At some points of many missions, the player has to read carefully the instructions to avoid getting lost in the missions.
- Presentation: Very Good . The camera viewing angle are very accurate. In some missions there's a lot of stuffs going on without crashing which is a very impressive feat even though it can lag the low-specs CPUs.

Farmer Boy:
- Length: Very Good , as it can be done in 8 minutes. The player plays as Marco, a CJ-like character, who has a peaceful life at Angel Pine until some greedy business man wants to own a property by destroying the habited area of the townspeople. Unsatisfied, Marco wants to take revenge by killing the business man during a later time at Mt-Chilliad. The mission consists of stealth killing and some gun fighting.
- Difficulty: Easy . The enemies mainly carry the regular pistol and they have weak accuracies even though they come in large numbers. Just be careful not to fall down from Mt. Chilliad though.
- Variety: Very Good , as there's a lot of characters models although most of them are only found during the cutscenes. All the enemies except the business man looked the same and are only carrying pistols.

Escape:
- Length: Good , as it can be done in 5 minutes. The player Marco must leave Angel Pine as the law authorities uncovers his involvement with the business man's murder. Outside Angel Pine he meets a mysterious guy which looks like Zero and the latter tells him to work with the Triads at San Fierro. The mission mostly involves road traveling with some gun fighting.
- Difficulty: Easy . There's only one gunfights in this mission and the player is assisted with some allies out of nowhere. The enemies carry pistols and have weak accuracies.
- Variety: Very Good amount of different characters models that includes the Da Nang Boyz, the Triads, the CJ-like character, the Zero-like character and the Woozie-like character which most of them carry pistols. Nice amount of different vehicles for different uses like as driving during cutscenes or as a roadblock during the gunfights.

Overall the first 2 missions of the Marco's Stories series are well done icon14.gif . I noticed that the author mission style focus more about sending a large waves of enemies to gun fight against the player and his allies and sometimes, with other stuffs such as roadblocks cars can lag the low-spec PCs. Other than this, I really enjoyed the storyline so far and I'm interested to know what will happen next biggrin.gif .

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

Hi everyone,

Today, I will do the review of the 2 last missions of Act III of the Codename: Zulu series by Mattatatta.

In order to download those missions, please go to this link at:http://www.gtaforums...ic=441754&st=80.

Now it's time for the review,

- Writing: Excellent , almost everything is written perfectly. Nice use of text coloring for highlighting the objectives of the character dialogues.
- Presentation: Excellent , the storyline is very detailed and there's many events that keep the player motivated what's going to happen next. As usual, the camera angle between different cutscenes are flawless. Nice weather effects that flows accurately to the storyline events. The ending of the Biological Terrorism mission was just speechless on the way it's was executed.

Biological Terrorism:
- Length: Excellent , as it can be done in 14 minutes. The player plays as Indigo and must kill the S.S.U. members at Angel Pine county with a hunter military helicopter and then assist with his allies into an urban combat. Expect intense gunfights and traveling in this mission.
- Difficulty: Very Hard! There's a lot of enemies that carry rocket launchers with very strong accuracies that can kill the player easily whenever he's on the helicopter or on foot. At the urbat combat part, things get a little bit easier as there's some allies assisting you.
- Variety: Excellent amount of character models that represent the enemies, the allies, Indigo that carry a lot of different weapons such as desert pistols, rocket launchers, Mp5s, Ak-47s, snipers, etc.

Some Dreams Shouldn't Come True:
- Length: Short , as it can be done in 3 minutes. The player plays as either Zulu or Indigo alternatively. The Zulu part is about his nightmare and the Indigo part is about the aftermath of the ending of the mission before.
- Difficulty: Easy . This mission is an epilogue mission, just follow the objectives as there's no gunfights involved.
- Variety: Good . There a few characters models that includes Zulu and Indigo, some objects like the fire and crates and some vehicles such as the ambulance car. No weapons can be seen.

Overall I liked the Zulu storyline missions a lot as it's very detailed and original at the same time icon14.gif . I can't wait to play the ACT IV missions to see how it's ended. Good job for the author to make such as wonderful series. biggrin.gif

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review the 3rd and 4th missions of the Marco's Stories made by Billy7877.

The link where the missions can be downloaded is at: http://www.gtaforums...402344&st=0&hl=.

- Writing: Good . There's some writing mistakes that can be found, otherwise they're comprehensive enough. At some points of many missions, the player has to read carefully the instructions to avoid getting lost in the missions.
- Presentation: Very Good . The camera viewing angle are very accurate. In some missions there's a lot of stuffs going on without crashing which is a very impressive feat even though it can lag the low-specs CPUs.

Practice Makes Perfect:
- Length: Excellent , as it can be done in 10 minutes. The player Marco is now a triad member. To further improve his membership he must test his shooting skills by fighting against the Triads dummies at Chinatown and later against the Da Nang Boys around the Pleasure Dome in San Fierro. The mission consists a lot of gunfights.
- Difficulty: Hard . The enemies carry a lot of weapons such as SMGs, Assault Rifles and Shotguns with average accuracies. They really outnumber the player and his allies as they come in large numbers in many waves by surrounding the player or by fighting into an area to their advantages.
- Variety: Good amount characters models which includes the Triad members, the Da Nang Boys members and they carry a good amount of weapons like described above.

Suitable Reward:
- Length: Excellent , as it can be done in 14 minutes. The Woozie-like Triad boss wants the player Marco to find the reward around the desert as a gift of his actions earlier. However that reward is protected by the army that surround the area. Expect a lot of gunfights and road traveling and escaping in this mission.
- Difficulty: Hard . The enemies carry a lot of weapons such as the SMGs, assault rifles and snipers with strong accuracies and they come in large numbers. Fortunately, as they don't surround the player and the action happened in a wide open area, they're easier to avoid the enemy fire and kill them. The escape part can be annoying as you cannot see much around as the fog weather effect is enabled and there's quite a lot of enemies that are chasing you, which includes the hunter helicopters.
- Variety: Excellent . There's a lot of character models, which includes the Woozie-like boss, the Triads, the Da Nang Boys and the army, all of them carry a wide selection of weapons. There's a good amound of vehicles which includes the hunter helicopters, the triad cars and the motor bikes.

Overall, the 2 mission are very well done icon14.gif . The difficulty is quite hard as there's a lot of enemies that the player has to kill and the suitable reward mission is quite a over-the-top mission. As the other missions that the author made before, the intense gunfights can really lag the low-specs PCs. Other than this, I'm still enjoyed the storyline so far and I'm interested to know what will happen next biggrin.gif .

shindeta
  • shindeta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:33 AM

Keep up the good work. ^^
just dropping by. haha

Evanthebassist
  • Evanthebassist

Evan

• Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:50 AM

Will uplz review mine? Either scrapyard or lost fortune??

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review the SD (???) storyline made by illegal_hustler due of his request.

His missions can be found at: http://dyom.gtagames...illegal_hustler.

- Writing: Could be better . While in the download link description the author tried to explain the storyline, during the in-game missions, they only consists of one very short sentence and the lack the structure qualities.
- Presentation: Could be better . There's no cutscenes in the missions. The player does an action objective right away. The whole mission design setups are very basic there.

SD 1 Answers: (wrong upload file)
- Length: Very Short , as it can be done in 10 seconds. The player plays as a thug named Joseph and he must kill some of his enemies that are shooting at him with SMGs at Grove Street.
- Difficulty: Easy . There's a like 3 enemies that the player must fight, but for some reason the "Kill all enemies" option wasn't enabled. So the player only has to kill one specific enemy and that's it. The enemies have quite strong accuracies there.
- Variety: Decent . There's some gangster characters models that carry weapons such as SMGs. Otherwise, that's it.

SD 2 Teaching Paco a lesson: (wrong upload file)
- Length: Very Short , as it can be done in 8 seconds. The player Joseph must knock down an enemy in a brawl fight at Grove Street.
- Difficulty: Very easy . The enemy carries a police tonfa stick, and the player doesn't carry any weapons. Just attack the enemy until he's K.O.
- Variety: Could be better . There's two character models and one weapon. That's it.

SD 3 tough guy:
(wrong upload file)
- Length: Short , as it can be done in 2 minutes. The player Joseph must pickup a car, which doesn't appear at all, at Idlewood and then go back to Grove Street.
- Difficulty: Very easy . There's no brawl or gunfights involved, just go through the 2 objectives checkpoints.
- Variety: Could be better . There's one character model and one vehicle. That's it.

SD 4 All day long:
(wrong upload file)
- Length: Short , as it can be done in 2 minutes. The player Joseph must pickup a car at Grove Street at must travel to west Los Santos to meet up a friend, which doesn't appear at all.
- Difficulty: Very easy . There's no brawl or gunfights involved, just go through the 2 objectives.
- Variety: Could be better . There's 2 character models and one vehicle. That's it.

Ok, there's something I need to say about the author illegal_hustler:
Don't let you down about the review score, as the DYOM community are here to help you.
Your missions needs work, really a lot of work. I would say that things that need to improve
would be: How to add cutscenes, How to put animations to your characters, How to put more than one enemy at the same time during the brawls or gunfights, How to create a multitude of objectives in order to mix-up the content of your missions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to do all of this, I'll suggest to take a look to the following links:

- The DYOM functions tutorials by Chimpso at:http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=454235.
- The video tutorials by Dutchy3010 at: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=401797.

Try to do them some of the tutorials listed in practice one at a time. Don't hesitate to ask questions if there's things that you can't understand. Otherwise good luck for your future missions smile.gif .

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:35 PM

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review a mission called Civil War part 1 , the second mission of the Civil War series, made by AlexisLUIGI13.

The mission can be download at: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=6883.

And the topic about the Civil War series is: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=454318.

Now, it's review time,

- Writing: Very Good . There's some lack of punctuations, especially apostrophes ('). But otherwise, the writings are clear and easier to understand. I see this as an improvement from the last mission which is Civil War Intro.
- Presentation: Very Good . This mission really gives the impression to the player that he's inside into a urban war zone. Nice viewing angle for each different cutscenes. The riot mode gives a better atmosphere for this kind of storyline.
- Length: Very Good , as it can be done in 8 minutes. The player plays two different characters, each for the opposing factions. The mission involves a lot of gunfights, which includes long-range killings.
- Difficulty: Medium . The enemies carry some very powerful weapons such as the miniguns, rocket launchers and snipers. However, their accuracies are average at best and most of them can be killed with a long range weapon at the player's arsenal. There's also a good amount of healthpacks and armors too.
- Variety: Very Good . There's only two characters models that are found in this mission which is an army and swat models, each are at the opposite factions. Many armed weapons can be found in this mission ranging from a SMG to the minigun. One vehicle, one helicopter and one transportation item can be found there which are the swat truck, the mosquito helicopter and the jetpack.

Overall, this mission is very good and fits very well into the theme of a civil war icon14.gif . I found it very interesting that this mission requires a jetpack in order to complete a mission, an item not used in most DYOM missions. Kudos for the author for designing this mission and keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

[TRM]AlexisLUIGI13
  • [TRM]AlexisLUIGI13

Dessigner of my Missions

• Members

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

i did forget to put that they are carrying a jetpack, well thanks for the review

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

Hello everyone,

Today I'm going to review 2 of the missions made by Evanthebassist. They're part of The Scrapyard storyline.

The link to download those mission can be found at this forum: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=454124.

Now, it's time for review,

- Writing: Excellent . They very perfectly well writing and the typing mistakes are far less noticeable. Putting some coloring texts might be a good idea in this case.
- Presentation: Excellent . The camera angle are positioned correctly. The location settings and the weather effects really adds a lot to the dramatic theme of the storyline. Good use of animation for each characters.

The Scrapyard Intro Cutscenes:

- Length: Short , as it can be done in 3 minutes. However, it's a cutscene-only mission and the length in that case are more satisfying. The player plays as Amir, an Iraquian who escaped is then war-torn place in Iraq after losing many relatives except his resides and decides to start his life all over in San Andreas. The storyline is just sad, somewhat unique and original for a GTA game.
- Difficulty: Very Easy . There's no action at all in this mission. Everything is progressing automatically, so the player has no control over it.
- Variety: Good amount of characters, including the main character Amir, his brother and different NPCs. As for the objects, they include the sleeping towels and the cargo crates. Unfortunately no vehicles and weapons can be found in this mission.

The Scrapyard Part 1:

- Length: Decent , as it can be done in 4 minutes. However, it's a cutscene-only mission and the length in that case are more satisfying. The player plays as Amir and Maherk, which is Amir's brother, alternatively. Both characters are looking for a living in each of the 2 different cities: Los Santos and San Fierro. Unfortunately, things aren't that easy as they face with some local problems.
- Difficulty: Very Easy . There's no gunfights at all in this mission. The player only has to go to the progressive markers.
- Variety: Good amount of characters, including the main character Amir, Maherk and some local characters. As for the items, some enemies carries an M4 and Amir still have his sleeping towel. Unfortunately no specific vehicles can be found in this mission.

Overall, the intro missions make the whole series look promising icon14.gif . The storyline is explained with lots of details and that makes the player to know what will happen next. Kudos for the author to make the 2 missions and I hope he can keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

illegal_hustler
  • illegal_hustler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:25 AM

I noticed you haven t posted any reviews in the last days...is everything ok?

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (illegal_hustler @ Jul 30 2010, 04:25)
I noticed you haven t posted any reviews in the last days...is everything ok?

Sorry, I haven't posted any reviews in the last 2 days. I had to backup all my files on my PC because of the stability issues. I will post some new reviews when everything is done by tomorrow...^.^

pauliux2
  • pauliux2

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

Maybe you can review some of my missions?

Tug66666
  • Tug66666

Francis McReary

• Members

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

If you could, review some of my new missions for a new missionpack I'm making.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=455529

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users