DYOM Mission Reviews

1,853 replies to this topic
AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Daily Globe
  • Serbia
  • Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:52 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 03 July 2014 - 08:53 PM.

Since this is remake, i will review compare to original mission.

Tagging Up Turf

Writing: Decent - You didn't even copied the original text, instead you just wrote some words like 'what's up' and other, also there were grammar mistakes, even missing capital letter sometimes.

Presentation: DecentMission didn't copied the most of original stuff, such as cutscene, dialogue, Smoke goes with you, etc. It needs to be better done. 

Lenght: Excellent - Mission took similar time like in original one, but adding objective to go to pay n' spray also adds on the time.

​Difficulty: Easy - Just like the original, it's an easy mission. Adding cops to chase you at the end didn't make a huge changes.

Variety: Excellent - Use of actors & cars was totally same as in original mission.

Overall, i think this remake could be perfect if you would copied original text & removing Big Smoke who actually didn't appear there as a character (Only in cutscene). Keep it up!  :^: 

Huzaifa khan
  • Huzaifa khan

♠♠The Gangsta‘♠♠

• Members
  • Pakistan
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2016 [Code Of Silence]

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

Since this is remake, i will review compare to original mission.

Tagging Up Turf

Writing: Decent - You didn't even copied the original text, instead you just wrote some words like 'what's up' and other, also there were grammar mistakes, even missing capital letter sometimes.

Presentation: DecentMission didn't copied the most of original stuff, such as cutscene, dialogue, Smoke goes with you, etc. It needs to be better done. 

Lenght: Excellent - Mission took similar time like in original one, but adding objective to go to pay n' spray also adds on the time.

​Difficulty: Easy - Just like the original, it's an easy mission. Adding cops to chase you at the end didn't make a huge changes.

Variety: Excellent - Use of actors & cars was totally same as in original mission.

Overall, i think this remake could be perfect if you would copied original text & removing Big Smoke who actually didn't appear there as a character (Only in cutscene). Keep it up!  :^: 

Wow! I really appreciated your feedback :) you're the best. I never saw these type of long reviews, awesome bro! Well I have one more remake mission Nines and Ak's if you want so i post a link here BTW thanks for review :)

TDWP_Adam
  • TDWP_Adam

Moongod watch over me.

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:53 PM Edited by AdamArtz, 06 July 2014 - 08:30 PM.

Can anyone write a review for only 5 missions off my MP? http://gtaforums.com...rom-god-new-mp/

I'd be happy :)

ONP
  • ONP

Better known as DYOM 123

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

Can i get the first chapter of my MP "No Way Out" reviewed?

http://gtaforums.com...-no-way-out-mp/

Thanks in avance!

Terano
  • Terano

Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

Can i also be a reviewer?
I have a lots of experience of playing Dyom missions...

Huzaifa khan
  • Huzaifa khan

♠♠The Gangsta‘♠♠

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:55 PM Edited by Huzaifa khan, 07 July 2014 - 06:57 PM.

Can i also be a reviewer?
I have a lots of experience of playing Dyom missions...

Hey, bro can you review my MP chapter 1

GBR Ch#1

I really appreciate for your review :)
  • Terano likes this

TDWP_Adam
  • TDWP_Adam

Moongod watch over me.

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:01 PM Edited by AdamArtz, 07 July 2014 - 07:01 PM.

EDIT: f*ck wrong quote

SoFahim
  • SoFahim

SoFahim

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:11 AM

plea se tell me how to use dyom mission in gtasa

TwerKing Armageddon
  • TwerKing Armageddon

-

• Members
  • Mongolia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

plea se tell me how to use dyom mission in gtasa

So many tutorials on Youtube. google how to make a simple DYOM Mission.

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:24 AM Edited by Revolver1, 19 July 2014 - 06:58 AM.

Hello everyone,
Today I'm reviewing Chapter 2 - New connections of The Desert Tales mission pack designed by Boris The Vodka
Let's get down to business.

-Writing: Very good. Again, good. Haven't noticed any typo or grammar mistake. It make the dialogues easier to understand, and the story easier to catch.
-Presentation: Very good. Well timed and angled cutscenes, and some awesome exposions aswell.

Blow Up Baby
-Length: Good. The mission lasts for around 5 minutes, if you are a good driver. If not then it'll take longer. Basically you will driver a truck full of explosives to the Chinese Razors base, and watch some firework, then head home.
-Difficulty: Medium. It shouldn't be too hard. First you'll pick up a truck at Tee Pee Motel (near your motel), then drive to Las Payasadas (or something like that), and park the truck at the main building. After that, the guard will be suspicious, and you'll have to bail out of there and hide. Then, activate the bomb and watch fireworks.
-Variety: Good. The mission contains two weapons, two vehicles, Falcone Clan's guards and Chinese Razors' guards.

Sandy Coasts
-Length: Good. The mission lasts around 6-7 minutes. Peter is making a deal with the Russian Mafia but afraid that the Gargato will come and crash it, so he asked Dan to come along.
-Difficulty: Medium. If you are fine at shooting, it shouldn't be (that) hard. First you'll drive Peter to the deal location, then some Gargato members showed up and crashed the party. You'll have to protect Peter and kill them all. After that, just drive Peter back to the hideout.
-Variety: Very good. All three faction members used different skins, not all of them are similar. Also a lot of guns, and three vehicles (one Bravura and two Sentinels)

Partner Connections
-Length: Short. The mission lasts around 2-3 minutes. Some guy called Dan on the phone and told Dan to meet him.
-Difficulty: Very easy. Mostly cutscenes. Just drive to the barracks at Verdant Meadows, meet Bogdan (The Russian guy from previous mission) and head home.
-Variety: Decent. There were the same weapons at the usual pickup place (this time with extra armor), a Buffalo replacing the Bravura, an Admiral, and the Russian dudes.

Wrecking Off
-Length: Good. The mission lasts around 5-6 minutes. A rival gang is delivering through the Russian Mafia's turf, and Bogdan wants Dan to take it out.
-Difficulty: Medium. Just some easy shooting, no big deal. First you drive to Tee Pee Motel and pick up a Rocket Launcher (holy sweet jesus :feels good meme:), then go to the truck route and just blow the truck to the sky
-Variety: Decent. Same old weapons at the pickup spot (except for the bat), a Rocket Launcher (mentioned above), and some vehicles.

No Trust

-Length: Very good. The mission lasts for 6-7 minutes, or even longer if you are slow driver and not good with shooting. The Russian Mafia's members have formed a resistance group and Bogdan wanted them taken care of.

-Difficulty: Hard. If you are good at shooting, it should be a walk in a stadium ('cause it takes place at a stadium, see what I did there?  :p . But careful, because as soon as you arrive, the leader of the resistance will make a run for it, and you're gonna have to speed up to catch. And you'll get some heat after the shooting is done.

-Variety: Good. The actors include the (betrayed) Russian Mafia members. The weapons include the usual weapons at pickup zone, and plus an extra AK for this mission. The vehicles include Dan's Buffalo and two Admirals. Not sure if there were any objects though.

National Hero

: Very good. The mission lasts for 6-7 minutes, if you are a good driver. The Headhunters are threatening The Russian Mafia's existence and men are dead or dying. Bogdan wanted to stop this and asked to to take out the Headhunters' supply-man to teach them a lesson.

-Length: Very good. The mission lasts for 6-7 minutes, if you are a good driver. The Headhunters are threatening The Russian Mafia's existence and men are dead or dying. Bogdan wanted to stop this and asked to to take out the Headhunters' supply-man to teach them a lesson.

-Difficulty: Medium. They ain't many so there shouldn't be much botherings, but you'll have to keep your companion alive. And, as soon as all the guards at hideout 1 is dead, the leader will make a run for it and you'll have to chase him on bike.

-Variety: Good. The actors include Bogdan and the Headhunters' members. The weapons include usual stuff at pickup zone, plus a MP5 given by Bogdan for this mission. The vehicles include two bikes (FCR I think) and Dan's Buffalo. Not sure if there are any objects though.

Desert Nights

-Length: Very good. The mission lasts for 6-7 minutes. Yakuza and Chinese Razors are making a deal and by crashing it, the Falcone clan will gain another ally (the bikers) and possibly turn the tide of the ongoing war.

-Difficulty: Medium. There ain't too much of them, and plus you got three guys behind you should not have a difficult time.

-Variety: Good. A good amount of actors were used, including the enemies (Chinese Razors and Yakuza) and the allies (Joe and two guys). Also many weapons, including the usual pickups, but there ain't too much vehicle and no object.

Demons of Desert

-Length: Good. The mission lasts for 5-6 minutes. The Demons MC agreed to make a deal and Dan was asked to drive Peter there.

-Difficulty: Medium. At first nothing much. After reaching there, you'll get seen by some Headhunters and they'll attack you. But with the Demons MC's help, it shouldn't be much to take.

-Variety: Good.  Many skins were used for enemies (Headhunters) and allies (Demons MC). This time, weapons just got added with an Uzi at the usual pickup zone. there were some vehicles too and no objects was found.

Overall rating for chapter: 7.5/10. The missions were repeated and the story is pretty much predictable, no plot twists whatsoever. The gameplay atmosphere is enjoyable, since not much MP has desert atmostphere. The gameplay is good, but too easy in some cases.

Expect Chapter 3 sooner or later.

Casualmind
  • Casualmind

Sunshine mixed with a little hurricane.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:51 AM Edited by Blues2030, 19 July 2014 - 07:57 PM.

Can somebody review my MP series? I really appreciated it for your review.

Thanks.

Edit: The first chapter has been released.

http://gtaforums.com...rmed-forces-mp/

• Huzaifa khan likes this

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

eh

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:21 AM

Thanks for still reviewing my MP, Revolver.

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:32 AM Edited by Revolver1, 19 July 2014 - 07:00 AM.

Hello everyone. Today I'm reviewing Chapter 3 - On the free way of The Desert Tales mission pack designed by Boris The Vodka.

-Writing: Very good. This time I've noticed some grammar mistakes but it ain't such a big deal. You can still understand the story clearly. Also I especially like the "cool" talking of the Demons MC, it somehow makes the dialogue "cool" to read.

-Presentation: Very good. Nice cutscenes overall, well timed and well placed. On top of that, nothing really suprising in the gameplay.

Highway to Hell

-Length: Good. The mission lasts for 5 minutes. Dale (Demons MC's leader) is introducing Dan to Zeppelin. Zeppelin, however, wants Dan to show how "cool" he is, and to show that he'll have to ride around the desert within 3 minutes.

-Difficulty: Medium. Just driving around the desert, nothing much, IF and only IF you are a good driving. If you ain't so good at driving (such as myself) you're gonna have a bad, bad, BAD time.

-Variety: Decent. The actors include only the Demons MC's members. The vehicles include Dan's Buffalo and a Freeway. The weapons include same old stuffs at the usual pickup zone. No object in sight though.

March of The Dead

-Length: Very good. The mission can last for a good 10 minutes if you are clumsy. The Triads is making a weapon deal with The Gargato Family, and Dale asked Dan to come with him to stop it and steal the weapons.

-Difficulty: Hard. Seriously, you can be re-playing this mission a few times (like I did) before passing it. You have to especially watch out for enemies with Rifle, they can AND will drain your health like fire. Also be careful with the truck of weapons, it's easy to lose control in the desert.

-Variety: Very good. The actors include The Gargato Family, The Triads and Demons MC. The weapons include Shotguns, Rifles, MP5, AK-47 and usual weapons at the pick-up zone. The vehicles include a truck, Dan's Buffalo and Freeway, Oceanic and Pony. No object in sight though

End of the connection

-Length: Good. The mission can last for around 5-6 minutes, if you are good at driving. The Headhunters want the weapons that Demons MC stole from The Triads yesterday, and to avoid further war with them, Dale prepared a fake truck to deliver to them.

-Difficulty: Medium. The mission is pretty much straightforward, nothing too hard. 

-Vartiety: Good. The actors include Demons MC in the bar and Headhunters. The vehicles include Buffalo, Freeway and the fake truck. The weapons include usual stuff at the pickup zone, but this time, instead of a Micro SMG, you have a MP5. No object was found though.

Desert Madness

-Length: Good. The mission lasts for 5-6 minutes. The Gargago, again, is making a deal with another gun dealer, and Dale, again, asked Dan to crash it with him and steal the weapons.

-Difficulty: Hard. Even though the enemies are not much, they have heavy weapons, such as Snipers and M4s that can easily drain your health and there ain't much cover around there, plus, your MP5 doesn't have much range.

-Variety: Very Good. The actors include a few Gargato members, the gun dealers, and the Demons MC. The vehicles include AT-40 (or something like that), Buffalo, Freeway. The weapons include Snipers, M4s, Uzi, MP5, and usual stuff at the pickup zone. The objects include some containers, a ramp and some boxes.

What's ours

-Length: Good. The mission lasts for 5-6 minutes. The Falcone clan is ready for a massive attack on El Quebrados to take it back from the Yakuza, and Joe asked Dan to gather up help from The Russian Mafia and Desert Demons MC.

-Difficulty: Easy. Nothing too hard in this mission, it's pretty much straightforward.

-Variety: Decent. Besides Joe, Bogdan and Dale, no other actor was found. The vehicles include the same cars as usual, but with an extra Landstalker for this mission. The weapons include same weapons at the pickup zone, with an AK-47 that Bogdan uses. No object was found.

What's ours (Part 2)

-Length: Good. The mission lasts for 5-6 minutes. The Falcone clan, The Russian Mafia and Desert Demons MC is having a massive attack on El Quebrados. Time to take back what's ours.

-Difficulty: Hard. There are a lot of enemies and snipers, so you'll have to watch out for them. But don't worry, there are many armours and pickups around.

-Variety: Very good. A lot of actors was used in this mission, The Yakuzas, the Russian Mafia, Desert Demons MC, and Falcone clan. There were a lot of weapons too, from Tec-9 to M4 and Sniper Rifles. No vehicles nor objects were found though.

Cutting the greens

-Length: Good. The mission lasts for 5-6 minutes. The Yakuzas and Gargato is making a protection deal, and Peter thinks it's a good oppotunity to eliminate both, and he sent Dan with some boys to do it.

-Difficulty: Medium. They have some heavy weapon but so do you, so it shouldn't be too hard to handle.

-Variety: Good. The actors include The Gargato Family, The Yakuzas and The Falcone clan's members, the vehicles include same cars but instead of a Freeway, you got a Sentinel. The weapons was also added with two new weapons. No objects were found though.

It's time

-Length: Good. The mission lasts for 5-6 minutes. The Falcone Clan tracked the Yakuzas to their hideout at Las Brujas. Peter wanted Dan to go with Joe and take that place out.

-Difficulty: Hard. The enemies are many, and they are equipped with heavy weaponry. But then again, so are you, so just blast the pyjamas out of them.

-Variety: Good. The actors include the Gargato Family and the Yakuzas. The weapons include a lot. The vehicles include a Buffalo and a Sentinel. No object in sight though.

Overall rating for chapter: 7.5/10. Chapter 3 has more action than chapter 2, but the missions are kinda repeated. Still, it's an interesting mission pack. You should increase the length of each mission, and add more objectives, not just  "Drive here, kill these and drive home". Also, add enemies' accuracy. To be honest, enemies are suck, they shoot like 12 years old kid. Im right next to them and it takes them like a mag to hit me once or twice. And, the story is pretty much predictable, you should really add some twists.

Expect Chapter 4 soon.

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:37 AM Edited by Revolver1, 19 July 2014 - 09:29 AM.

Hello everyone. Today I'm reviewing Chapter 3 - On the free way of The Desert Tales mission pack designed by Boris The Vodka.

-Writing: Very good. Some grammar mistakes, no biggie. Everything is still understandable, mission instructions are clear. Unless you are watching not "children" videos while playing (if you know what I mean :D). And, one thing I don't understand is, why is a Triad member talking like some black gangster and look like a Mexico (Mexico's skin). I don't have much knowledge about Asian gang but one thing I know (I think) is they don't talk black gang's slangs.

-Presentation: Very good. Nice cutscenes overall, well timed and well placed. On top of that, nothing really suprising in the gameplay. 

The Whitewood Menace

-Length: Very Good. The mission lasts for 6-7 minutes. Dale determined to wipe out the Headhunters for good, and is planning to hit them where it hurts the most. So, of course, no man can take an army by himself (without cheats of course) so he asked Dan to come along.

-Difficulty: Hard. Just like most mission, get to tha' location, blast every muthafuqkers you see and just drive home, no biggie. Of course, they've got big guns, but yours ain't exactly a water pistol.

-Variety: Good. The actors include the Demons MC and Headhunters' members. The vehicles include Dan's Buffalo and Sentinel. The weapons MP5, M4 and Combat Shotgun with health and armour pickups at the usual pickup zone with a Sniper equipped by enemy .Most Headhunters members are equipped with M4s and MP5s (like Dan).  No object in sight though.

New Alliance

-Length: Very Good. The mission lasts for 6-7 minutes. Dale is gonna make an alliance with The Russian Mafia so he can use their help in taking Fort Carson from the Headhunters

-Difficulty: Medium. Just drive Dale to the meeting location (Tee Pee Motel, you were here once with Peter in Chapter 2) and watch over the meeting with a Sniper Rifle. Some Headhunters will interrupt the meeting, just make sure they don't get too close to comfort.

-Variety: Good. The actors include some Russian Mafia members and a lot of Headhunters' members. The vehicles include Dan's Buffalo, Sentinel and Headhunters' Landstalker. The weapons include same old stuffs at the usual pickup zone with an extra Sniper Rifle for yourself this time. No object in sight though.

Fort Carson

-Length: Very good. The mission lasts for 6-7 minutes.Bogdan has decided it's time to destroy The Headhunters once and for all, and called Dan and Dale to come along with him

-Difficulty: Hard. Blast in and kill their leader, Joey Jerome. Just watch out for Snipers

-Variety: Good. The actors mostly include the Headhunters' members. The vehicles include Dan's Buffalo and Sentinel. The weapons include same old stuffs at the usual pickup zone. No object in sight though.

Bayside Triads

-Length: Good. The mission lasts for 5 minutes. Mr. Cho, leader of Bayside Triads, called and asked Dan for a favor that can benefit them both.

-Difficulty: Easy. Just some driving, nothing tough.

-Variety: Decent. The actors include only the Bayside Triads' members. The vehicles include Dan's Buffalo and Sentinel. No weapons and object in sight though (You'll see why at the beginning of the mission)

Blunt Razors

-Length: Excellent. Longest mission of this whole MP, it lasts for around 10 minutes. It's time to end the Chinese Razors, and by taking out the leader, it'll die itself.

-Difficulty: Very hard. You're gonna need to be careful in this mission, like, really careful. Same enemy, same weapons, BUT tight space. The tight space makes your partner walks around like an idiot, not a big help, so you are on your own. Also, enemies hide pretty well, you can't see them but they'll see you, so you'll have to keep an eye out, or just spam Y => Mission => Load Mission => Blunt Razors

-Variety: Good. The actors mostly include the Chinese Razors, but there are some bikers and Triads aswell. The vehicles include Dan's Buffalo and Sentinel. The weapons include same old stuffs at the usual pickup zone. No object in sight though.

Last Supply

-Length: Excellent. The mission lasts for 10 minutes. Joe found the Gargato Family's supply-man, and by taking him out, it'll clear a path for the Falcone Clan to reach Don Gorg, Gargato's boss

-Difficulty: Hard. It ain't so hard, just drive to the hotel where Oliver (Gargato's supply-man) and take him out. But be careful, there will be a lot of guards and little to no cover.

-Variety: Good. The actors mostly include the Gargato Family's members. The vehicles include Dan's Buffalo and Sentinel. The weapons include same old stuffs at the usual pickup zone. No object in sight though.

Bayside Triads

-Length: Short. The mission lasts for around 2-3 minutes. The Falcone Clan will launch a massive attack against the Gargato Family in an attempt to take them out, for good, and they are gonna need all the help they can get

-Difficulty: Very easy. You can finish the mission by just standing around.

-Variety: Decent. The actors include all ally clan's leaders and a few members of each clan. The vehicles include Dan's Buffalo and Sentinel. No weapons and object in sight though (You'll see why at the beginning of the mission)

Strap up and load your guns people, it's time for the final mission.

End of the tales

-Length: Excellent. The mission lasts for 10 minutes. It is time, it is THE time, time to end everything.

-Difficulty: Very Hard. Enemies hiding everywhere, keep your eyes peeled, your guns straight, finger on the trigger, and aim down your sight.

-Variety: Excellent. The actors include all members of all clans, but still, mostly Gargato Family's members. The vehicles include Dan's Buffalo and Sentinel. The weapons include same old stuffs at the usual pickup zone. No object in sight though. 

dfd

Overall rating for chapter: 8/10. Fourth chapter is the best chapter of the mission pack, but still all same, repeated mission. No plot twists whatsoever, easy to predict story, and the ending is a bit plain, nothing exxagerating. But still, the unique desert atmostphere of the mission make this mission pack, well, unique. Maybe for DYOM 8.1 era, this is just another normal mission pack, but I bet in DYOM 6.1 era, it was sh*t, the sh*t, THE sh*t (know what im saying?) 

Spoiler
 Still, I feel kinda bad for Joe, I mean, he has been loyal to The Falcone Clan since it was started (if he was), been through with its ups and downs, then Dan came back, did stuff and stole the Underboss position from Joe. Poor guy. 

Overall rating for mission pack: 8/10

i

Suggestions for future mission packs (if there are any)

-Make enemies with more accurary.

-Add more objectives.

-Make long and harder missions (Too easy makes people boring, too hard makes people frustrating)

-Add some plot twists.

-More EXPLOSIONS!!! (Everyone wants explosions, it's just so... *sobbing* beautiful (know what i'm saying?)

Thank you people for reading my reviews, have a good day. Revolver1 is done, peace.

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:49 PM Edited by Revolver1, 20 July 2014 - 08:48 AM.

Hello everyone. Today I'm reviewing Chapter 1 - Hours of Redemption of No way out mission pack designed by Dyom123

-Writing: Good. There are some grammar mistakes and excessive use of comas but it's still pretty much understandable. 

-Presentation: Decent. Cutscenes overall are well placed and timed. But the story is pretty much... not really logical (I'll explain why at the end of the review)

A day that may never come...

-Length: Short. The mission lasts for 2-3 minutes. Smith Shady, an ex-criminal, heard some noise in an alley, so he decided to investigate.

-Difficulty: Easy. It's nothing you can't handle, but watch out for knock-down swings.

-Variety: Decent. The actors include two Culi Cartel's members and two strangers. The vehicles include a Merit? (I'm not good with car names). The weapons include a baseball bat and a golf club. No object in sight though 

One way or another...

-Length: Good. The mission lasts for 4-5 minutes. David and Earl (the two strangers Smith saved) is stuck with some money issue with the Culi Cartel and Smith suggested them to work for Mr. Mental. But first, Smith had to arrange a meeting for them

-Difficulty: Very easy. It's nothing much, really.

-Variety: Very good. The actors include Mr. Mental men. The vehicles include a Merit, Elegy and Pony. The weapons include some MP5, AK-47s equipped by Mr. Mental's men. The objects include... well... a lot. They are well placed and well arranged to make a small base for Mr. Mental. It was beautiful.

Deep Impact

-Length: ExcellentThe mission is very lenghthy and entertaining. It lasts for around 9-10 minutes. So Mr. Mental has agreed to give Earl and David the cash, but they (along with Smith) have to do a job for him. You know what they say, "No pain no gain" so load up and get ready, it won't be a walk in a park.

-Difficulty: Very hard. Damn... I had to play like... what, three times? to get past this mission. Thanks to this review I haven't quit yet (hopefully the future missions won't make me :D). You will have to keep your eyes peeled to see all the snipers (REALLY peeled). After that you'll encounter some foot soldiers. Well, like I always say, remember the E-G-F-A rule, Eyes peeled, Guns straight, Finger ready, and Aim down your sight. Also aim for the headshot, or they'll rush toward you.

-Variety: Very good. The actors include the Russian Mafia (or was it Cosa Nostra? Because I remember the skins were used for Cosa Nostra or something, but definetely not Russian Mafia) and some Mr. Mental's men. The weapons include, well, almost all guns, except for melee 'cause charging armed thugs with a Golf Club was never a good idea. Also a Jetpack too, wow (I have no clue what the hell it was doing in the dumpster though). The vehicles were a lot too. And those objects... Wow, you put a bunch of mess together, and it turned into a base, great job man.

Ambush

(Oke f*ck this sh*t man, I keep dying because of the retarded driving of David or Earl and those Hunter's rockets so I'll only review to the drive-by part)

-Length: Very good. The mission lasts for around 9-10 minutes. (If and ONLY IF you are good, or otherwise it can take an hour re-playing this. Believe me, I started to play this mission at 2:30 PM, and by 3:04, I still can't pass it). So the boys go return Culi Cartel's money, but then turned out it was an ambush.

-Difficulty: InSANE! I'd like to write a word or two about this mission, but it would be best to just quote Boris The Vodka, since his words are VERY accurate

The 4th mission is just... How in hell could have a street gang got a damn Hunter? And then you're giving us an RPG with 5 rockets. You could have at least given us more ammo, if including Heat-Seeking Launcher instead of RPG felt easier for you.

-Variety: Very good. Good job is creating that hideout for Culi Cartel, it looked good. Also the cars made that place majestic-as-f*ck. A lot of enemies too, and I like that part where you made enemies jumped from the wall. And almost all weapons are there, of course, except for melees. There were many pickups around too but putting the player with max health with no health pickup just made the max health useless.

Mysteries

-Length: Very good. The mission lasts around 10 minutes. The Culi Cartel has managed to track Smith down and is now burning down his house to the ground.

-Difficulty: Very hard. It's easier than the last mission for a bit, but it was still one helluva' nightmare. You better not show your face out or you'll get a bottle full of the top whiskey in the world and some fire that comes with it. Best tactic is hide, and let them kill themselves (if you know what I mean)

-Variety: Very good. The objects is pretty weirdly-placed this time, but still. The actors include the Culi Cartel members. The weapons include some small arms. The vehicles include a few Tahoma, three Comets, Smith's Buffalo and David's car, Merit maybe?

Unit Reunion

-Length: Decent. The mission lasts for around 4-5 minutes. David is now re-gathering the old team again.

-Difficulty: Very easy. I suppose standing in one place making phone calls and a little driving ain't that tough ya?

-Variety: Decent. Nothing much in this mission so I won't talk about the variety.

Overall rating for chapter: 6.5/10. Let me say this first, this mission-pack was NOT enjoyable. It's packed with action but TOO-DAMN-HARD. Instead of fun, you get to run to the electronics store and get a new monitor/keyboard/mouse or even better, the whole CPU (If you know what I mean). Also, the story is not logical. You help some strangers, suddenly they became your BFF (woo yay, I had no friend, now I have two friends, yay) then you risked your life and freedom after a long time inside JUST to get yourself a burned house and a cancelled-ticket to hell (but hey, I suppose some friends worth it). Let's just assume they were old friends, then why did the first time they meet, Smith wasn't like "OMFG Get the f*ck away from my friends!" or something, but instead, they were like strangers just met for the first time. But I guess the variety of the missions can somewhat help lifting my rating for this mission. The objects were plenty and well placed, the vehicles were many, and the actors were a lot. Also a nice selection of weapons and putting pickups everywhere in a mission is a nice idea.

Expect chapter 2 a few days later

TDWP_Adam
  • TDWP_Adam

Moongod watch over me.

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

Hmm can you review my MP? :D

http://gtaforums.com...rom-god-new-mp/

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

Hmm can you review my MP? :D

http://gtaforums.com...rom-god-new-mp/

Wow, finally finished reviewing Boris' MP, so tired. But it was somewhat fun though. As now I am done with this MP, I am open for review. If you want your misson pack reviewed by me, drop me a PM.

Note, I will ONLY accept reviewing a mission pack sent through PM. 

Still, I got this and another one anyway. But you can join the queue

Maaz 45
  • Maaz 45

Don't dare to touch me!

• BUSTED!
  • Pakistan

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

Can anyone write a review for only 5 missions off my MP? http://gtaforums.com...rom-god-new-mp/

Kann mir jemand bitte? Für nur 5 Missionen aus meinem MP? http://gtaforums.com...rom-god-new-mp/

Ich würde mich freuen :)

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:51 PM Edited by Revolver1, 20 July 2014 - 01:53 PM.

Hello everyone. Today I'm reviewing Chapter 2 - Let the hunt begins of No way out mission pack designed by Dyom123

-Writing: Good. Again, there were many grammar mistakes but at least they are still understandable. The mission instructions were also very clear. But the story is still somewhat not really logical, you should really improve the realism. But hey, it's your choice, and it's DYOM, let your imagination run free.

-Presentation: GoodCutscenes overall are well placed and timed. Awesome burning explosions too, damn.

Well, still not the end.

-Length: Good. The mission lasts for 4-5 minutes. Now that the team that gathered up, David has a counter-attack plan but he'll need some preparations first.

-Difficulty: Medium. The mission is not so hard, mostly cutscene and some driving (just mostly)

-Variety: Good. The actors include some Culi Cartel's members and David's team members (consider making a name for this team). The vehicles include the team members' vehicles. The weapons some pistols and Uzis. The objects were also well placed to make a small warehouse for the Culi Cartel.

Out of the cradle, into the grave

-Length: Very good. The mission lasts for around 5-6 minutes. Jason is still alive, and their only lead to find them is a FBI agent.

-Difficulty: Medium. It's nothing you can't handle. First cutscene, then some driving, then some poppin'.

-Variety: Good. The actors include some Culi Cartel's members and David's team members. There were a lot of vehicles used in this mission. The weapons some non-heavy and heavy weapons. The objects were well placed but I can't understand what were those objects doing in an intersection logically. Some cars for cover would be more realistic.

Nick of time 

(Sorry I keep getting crashes at this mission so I cannot review this.)

One step ahead

-Length: Excellent The mission lasts for more than 10 minutes. Phil tracked down the license's plate of the mysterious car that killed Mitch, and Smith went there to investigate.

-Difficulty: Hard.  The difficulty is decent, not too hard, but don't let your guard down. First shootout, nothing happens, piece of cake. Second one at the warehouse, now this is one helluva' awesome. Just watch out for Shotguns and up high. Also find pickups, there are pickups everywhere, it'll make your life easier. Trust me, I'm a reviewer  :colgate:

-Variety: Very good. There were a LOT of actors used in this mission, mostly Culi Cartel members and special bodyguards. There were plenty of cars and weapons to choose from too. Last but not least, the MASSIVE amount of objects just made the mission more awesome. Damn I'm so jelly that I'm not as good as you. 

Overall rating for chapter: 8.5/10. The second chapter is definetely an awesome improvement from the first chapter. The missions were very enjoyable this time, no missions that were too hard to handle, but not too easy to let your guard down either. You took out all the cons from first chapter and put all the pros in this chapter, and even make it BETTER. Just one word for you pal: Astonishing. Keep up the good work and fix the grammar.

Suggestions for future mission packs (if there are any)

-Improve grammar and logic.

-Don't make too much cutscene in gameplay-focus mission, just separate them two, trust me, they'll whine, but when they lose in the gameplay-focus mission, they'll be glad that you separate cutscenes and gameplay.

-In long and hard mission, put player's hp to maximum, it'll help their life (but of course, if the mission is supposed to be REALLY hard, which people will get frustrating when they start dying, then don't)

Note: I'll temporary stop reviewing in next week for some reasons. After next week, I'll take the next MP. If anyone wants to reserve a spot in my queue, just send me a PM.

ONP
  • ONP

Better known as DYOM 123

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

Thanks Revolver1 for such a review like that. I highly appreciate it. I also felt that i've improved a lot while designing chapter 2. But i dunno till now why the players say that the mission " nick of time" is crashing for them. for me and for many others, it's working perfectly. Anyway, thanks.

TDWP_Adam
  • TDWP_Adam

Moongod watch over me.

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:22 PM Edited by AdamArtz, 20 July 2014 - 05:22 PM.

Kann mir jemand bitte? Für nur 5 Missionen aus meinem MP? http://gtaforums.com...rom-god-new-mp/

ja

reise reise

Maaz 45
  • Maaz 45

Don't dare to touch me!

• BUSTED!
  • Pakistan

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

ja

reise reise

Okay bewegen

Huzaifa khan
  • Huzaifa khan

♠♠The Gangsta‘♠♠

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

Can anyone review my gang war mission: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/33296

I highly appreciate it :)

nandack
  • nandack

When you are in The Dark, you can see The Light.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:33 AM

Please review my missions:

The Nightlife Partner
screen.jpg

The Mad Cop
screen.jpg

Maaz 45
  • Maaz 45

Don't dare to touch me!

• BUSTED!
  • Pakistan

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:08 AM Edited by Maaz 45, 26 July 2014 - 11:13 AM.

Just tell me i will do it because you are my friend! :colgate:

EDIT:My game crashed when war begins?

Huzaifa khan
  • Huzaifa khan

♠♠The Gangsta‘♠♠

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

Oh, it's wierd many of them played my mission and it works fine there but anyway thanks for trying to review my mission :D

Maaz 45
  • Maaz 45

Don't dare to touch me!

• BUSTED!
  • Pakistan

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:02 PM Edited by Maaz 45, 26 July 2014 - 01:03 PM.

Oh, it's wierd many of them played my mission and it works fine there but anyway thanks for trying to review my mission :D

My little review of Breaking Encounters made by Huzaifa Khan from Pakistan,Karachi is:

Cut scene are fine game intro is excellent before the war begins the cut scene was having some mistakes the cutscene is blank but war was good although mission is good.Every thing is normal no hard no long just normal difficulty. :)

• Huzaifa khan likes this

Huzaifa khan
  • Huzaifa khan

♠♠The Gangsta‘♠♠

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

My little review of Breaking Encounters made by Huzaifa Khan from Pakistan,Karachi is:

Cut scene are fine game intro is excellent before the war begins the cut scene was having some mistakes the cutscene is blank but war was good although mission is good.Every thing is normal no hard no long just normal difficulty. :)
Thanks dude :)
  • Maaz 45 likes this

Maaz 45
  • Maaz 45

Don't dare to touch me!

• BUSTED!
  • Pakistan

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

Thanks dude :)

Don't mention it! :sly:

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:13 AM Edited by Revolver1, 31 July 2014 - 07:45 AM.

Hello everyone. Today I'm reviewing Chapter 1 - The Hunt Begins of The Chronicle of a Hitman mission pack designed by gammoudicj

-Writing: Very goodThe writings weren't really perfect, but then again, nothing is perfect yea? Very few mistakes noticed, and they don't really effect the dialogue much, everything was still pretty much understandable. The story is easy to understand thanks to reading-friendly dialogues.

-Presentation: Very goodCutscenes are VERY well designed, timed and placed. Just like watching a good ol' movie, also nice usage of new features. Loved 'em cutscenes.

Intro

-Length: Good. The mission lasts for 4-5 minutes. It introduces Nate, overall a successful young man, but still feel like something is missing in his life (whore maybe  :lol: ? You're gonna have to play to find out).

-Difficulty: Very easy. Unless watching and reading proved to be difficult to you, it'll be super hard. If not, just sit back and enjoy it.

-Variety: Decent. Nothing much to write about the variety of this mission. Since it's just an intro, so don't expect much. 

Life changing moments

-Length: Very good. The mission lasts for 8-9 minutes. Nate spots some Yakuza kidnapping some old poor guy, so Nate decided to investigate.

-Difficulty: Hard. At first just some cutscene and tailing, nothing much. But don't let that fool you, because the real deal is after all of them. Don't let your guard down or you might find yourself regret

-Variety: Very good.  The actors include some police, paramedics, normal civvies, and Yakuza members, a helluva' lot of 'em. The vehicles include some cars in the accident, Phoenix and Yakuza's Stafford. The weapons include Uzis and 9mm's. The objects include... well, a lot. Also nice job arranging those object, I like it.

Racing time

-Length: Very good. The mission lasts 8-9 minutes. Time for racing or chew gum. But then again, Nate doesn't have any gum, so guess what? Buckle up boys!!

-Difficulty: Medium. If you think this will be a walk in a park because of those retarded A.I driving, you are WRONG (I did). Maybe they are retarded, but if you don't put in your best game, then you might find yourself in the worst position ever, after 1st position.

-Variety: Very good. Dem' cars, actors and objects... Just one word. MIND-BLOWING. Damn dude, I got nothing else to write about this, though I think the word explained myself enough.

Problems started

-Length: Very good. The mission lasts for 9-10 minutes. Everywhere Nate goes, trouble follows, and this time, right at his doorsteps.

-Difficulty: Hard. Well, taking down a bunch of Yakuzas with an Uzi was never easy. But then again, maybe a bulletproof Phoenix will make your day a bit easier. Just watch out for Shotguns and Deagle. Also, after the shootout at your home, your bulletproof Phoenix will become... not-so-much bulletproof, if you know what I mean. Also, if possible, just kill them on the way to meet Guo, trust me, it'll be easier.

-Variety: Very good. Again, a lot of actors, vehicles, and weapons were used in this missions. The objects and pickups were also smartly placed, you can't exactly walk through a park to get your pickup, but you won't have to walk through hell either.

Running time.

-Length: Very goodThe mission lasts for 8-9 minutes. Nate has no choice but to come to Don and ask for his help. But then Don becomes not-so-much help after all.

-Difficulty: HardIt's not so hard, but maybe the retarded A.I driving will make it hard. Just pray for Guo not to hit a tree or some sh*t. Also watch out for Molotov, and use the car's gas tanks to your advantage.

-Variety: Very goodThe actors include mostly Duong Yakuza's members. The vehicles and weapons include a lot. The objects are also a big plus to this mission. They are well placed and I especially like the lift idea, mind if I borrow it sometime?  :lol: 

Revenge beginning

-Length: Very goodThe mission lasts for 9-10 minutes. Nate for himself into some f*cked-up situation, and to unf*ck it, he needs to kill Duong Yakuza's boss (You know who, right?). And to do that, he's gonna need help. Luckily, like always, some hero is gonna save our guy, in this case, Guo and his family, Cheng Family.

-Difficulty: Hard. Like in the last mission, just some shooting and killing. Some of them have head-shot off, but don't let that stop you from blasting their place to sky-high.

-Variety: Very goodLike always, a lot of actors, in this case, The Cheng Family and Duong Yakuza, and helluva' lot of cars, vehicles and weapons. But still, I don't know what are they doing in the middle of the road. I know it's their base, but I don't think they own the road too, it's weird somehow.

One last step

-Length: Very goodThe mission lasts for 9-10 minutes. The Cheng Family is planning to re-take a territory from Duong Yakuza, and if Nate helps them, he'll get a shot to meet the big boss.

-Difficulty: Hard. Well, what can I say, this mission was CRAZY. Sniping, flying, CQC (Close Quarter Combat) and surrounded by enemies and helicopters, etc. Wow. But don't worry, keep your head straight, and you'll do just fine

-Variety: Very goodLike always, a lot of actors, in this case, The Cheng Family and Duong Yakuza, and helluva' lot of cars, vehicles and weapons. One thing I don't understand is the object's placements. I mean, what are they doing in front of the main entrance? How did the Cheng Family even get in.

Special meeting

-Length: Very goodThe mission lasts for 9-10 minutes. Nate is now meeting with The Cheng Family's boss, but then some problem showed up.

-Difficulty: Medium.. This mission shouldn't be too hard. Just some driving and chasing.

-Variety: Very goodThere were a lot of actors used in this mission. Also some weapons and vehicles, and the objects were awesome.

Liberty madness

-Length: Very good. The mission lasts for 9-10 minutes. Wu Lee got some business in Liberty City and he is bringing Nate along just in case.

-Difficulty: Hard. Just stay sharp and you'll be fine.

-Variety: Very good. The actors include mostly Diablo's members. The vehicles include a Voodoo, a Savanna, a Limo and that four doors car that Nate drives which I forgot its name. The weapons include mostly everything, except for melee of course. There was also a Rocket Launcher too, but this ain't a good news for us. The objects were a lot and well placed.

Overall rating for chapter: 8.5/10. Everything was pretty much awesome, the only thing I can complain about is the grammar. But don't worry, the mistakes weren't too big and it was still easy enough to understand the dialogues. The story is a little bit out of control too, but hey, it's your story, who am I to judge ya? 

• Gammoudicj likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users