19 replies to this topic
Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:18 PM

A few months ago I made some video tutorials about scm/cleo coding. I know that learning SCM/CLEO can be very difficult and even boring, perhaps it's easier when you see something while you are listening. These videos are about very basic stuff, so if you have some knowledge about scm coding it will not be helpful for you.

I'm sorry for my bad English from time to time, I'm not a native English speaker. It isn't completed yet, but my computer doesn't work any more and my laptop isn't good enough for this, so it has to wait.

I hope you can learn something by using them.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:57 PM

Great work. There is no reason anybody can say there isnt good enough documentation and tutorials to learn Coding. With ZAZ CLEO tuto and both your "Mission Coding for Dummys" and video tutos, anyone can learn if he really wants to.

Great work, really. Even if they are basic tutos now, Im sure you will make even more interesting ones icon14.gif

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:12 AM

It's actually the first time I'm making video tutorials, so thanks for the compliments. biggrin.gif

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:39 PM

Nice work, I may even get off my ass and learn because of these, nice job smile.gif take this
user posted image

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:48 PM Edited by ZAZ, 02 July 2010 - 01:26 PM.

QUOTE (Dutchy3010 @ Jun 29 2010, 22:18)
A few months ago I made some video tutorials about scm/cleo coding. I know that learning SCM/CLEO can be very difficult and even boring, perhaps it's easier when you see something while you are listening. These videos are about very basic stuff, so if you have some knowledge about scm coding it will not be helpful for you.

I'm sorry for my bad English from time to time, I'm not a native English speaker. It isn't completed yet, but my computer doesn't work any more and my laptop isn't good enough for this, so it has to wait.

Congraz for that nice video docu and your effort. Beautiful voice. It sounds that talked by doing or did you read your manuscript? And which app did you use for recording and cutting? May I be honest and give a little bit konstructiv criticism, i think they lessons needs to much time, i think you are able to make all lessons of all the 4 vid in one 5 minutes vid but anway, cookie for you cookie.gif

QUOTE (bammargera @ Jul 1 2010, 20:43)
ay you stol'a mah cookie

no, Dutchy ate it biggrin.gif

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

ay you stol'a mah cookie

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (ZAZ @ Jul 1 2010, 17:48)
Congraz for that nice video docu and your effort. Beautiful voice. It sounds that talked by doing or did you read your manuscript? And which app did you use for recording and cutting? May I be honest and give a little bit konstructiv criticism, i think they lessons needs to much time, i think you are able to make all lessons of all the 4 vid in one 5 minutes vid but anway, cookie for you smile.gif

No, I didn't have a manuscript. Perhaps it's better because then I have not that much "uuuuh" in it, but I'm to lazy to write it first. Just have some points in mind which I want in the tutorials.

This can't be done in five minutes. I thought the same, but when I was finished with the first tut I had way more than I could have imagined. It can be done faster, but I have to keep in mind that people need to learn from this.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:14 AM

Heh, if it wasn't for my crappy computer... I'd have started making video tutorials a while ago (Youtube are still offering me money for my crappy SAMP Server tutorial smile.gif )

If you need any help (preferably with more advanced stuff) I'd be willing to give some tips that could go towards this video. Epsecially since spending most of my time with the Opcode Database has got me well clued up on a lot of opcodes.

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2013 "Sanny Builder"

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

Nice work, Dutchy icon14.gif I really like it.

Though two things annoyed me while watching: the report window appearing after each compiling and poor save place so we always have to wait you get out of the house.

A pre-written script (scenario, not code tounge.gif ) would probably be better for the tutorial quality (less "ummm" things), however I was satisfied anyway.

Keep it up. inlove.gif

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

Thanks Seemann. Especially the criticism about the saving point, never thought of creating a little script so the player spawns exactly next to what I want to show. blush.gif

BrotherCena
  • BrotherCena

SilentViper94

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

Haq I, my brother in Main.scm Olacakda a question that the key pressure on Behold now I get anim to do it You know how?

GTA: Vice City as

Ricco1962
  • Ricco1962

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:05 AM

Very nice tut's Dutchy3010, thanks. cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

btw your English is fine. Much better than my Dutch (me am Canadian biggrin.gif )

As a newb to cleo/sanny I found your vids to be very educational and I look
forward to reading your 'Dummies' tut and watching any more vids you may make.

fyi: you can keep GTA SA running and have Ped Editor too. All you have to do is to make
a copy of your GTA SA directory and point the Ped Editor to the exe in that folder.

The only problem with this is when you go into GTA SA to check your scripts it will cause
the Ped Editor to fail (i.e. the models will stop displaying) so you have to restart the editor
every time you go into SA. But SA itself doesn't seem to have any problems when I do this.

PS how do you get SA to run in Windowed mode? Have tried a couple of mods but they
haven't worked for me.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

Can you please upload this tut on metacafe please Dutchy? I wanna learn some cool scripts but our country can't open youtube website and the internet connection is too slow. I wanna download this tut.

rocketalypse
  • rocketalypse

DYOM User and Mission Designer

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

Thank you for tutorials. Folks, turn on the captions and laugh.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:05 AM Edited by Swoorup, 31 August 2011 - 09:16 AM.

Your video tutorial is really so much interesting and reliable than any other tutorial!!!
I want more of it man!!! I mean varieties and new finds.
I can understand it so much easily now!!!

gangsterboyyasin
  • gangsterboyyasin

Gangster

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

Dutchy3010 i liked your tutorial im a cleo modder soon. As my dad gives. Back my laptop whats gonna i have an idea but i don't now how im gonna let them shoot you didn't showd that biggrin.gif

gangsterboyyasin
  • gangsterboyyasin

Gangster

• Members

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (ZAZ @ Thursday, Jul 1 2010, 15:48)
QUOTE (Dutchy3010 @ Jun 29 2010, 22:18)

Congraz for that nice video docu and your effort. Beautiful voice. It sounds that talked by doing or did you read your manuscript? And which app did you use for recording and cutting? May I be honest and give a little bit konstructiv criticism, i think they lessons needs to much time, i think you are able to make all lessons of all the 4 vid in one 5 minutes vid but anway, cookie for you cookie.gif

QUOTE (bammargera @ Jul 1 2010, 20:43)
ay you stol'a mah cookie

no, Dutchy ate it biggrin.gif

becouse i think he speaks dutch maybe he has an accent like they call it in netherlands they cal it dialect

hussey90
  • hussey90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

Thanks a lot i was searching for this for very long time, actually i recently join this forum and i hope got lot of such useful information in future.

Habbrow94
  • Habbrow94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:53 AM

this is a great tut, I am enlightened orly.gif

mudflesh
  • mudflesh

Mudflesh

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:56 AM Edited by mudflesh, 26 August 2013 - 08:02 AM.

a special one against a bunch of geniuses,you prove yourself to a lady with a courage dare any gent who dare to ask.Keep it up and well done for you have won yourself a perfect place in the world of coding and script writing.Bravo. icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif colgate.gif happy.gif happy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users