Photo

Save Game Problems

12 replies to this topic
leetemu
  • leetemu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

I'm trying to download a 100% save game for the PC version of GTA 4, but I'm having so many problems. First of all, I downloaded Xlive Wrapper and copied xlive.dll into my install directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV). After doing this, I put the save game file into my savegame folder (C:\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames). However, whenever xlive.dll was in my game folder, I could not run the game. It would load up the Social Club login screen, then I would click play, but that screen would close and nothing happened. Now, I just tried downloading a different Xlive Wrapper and when I tried running the game it asked me if I wanted to copy C:\Windows\System32\xlive.dll and C:\Windows\System32\xlive.dll.cat to C:\users\[NAME]\appdata\local\Rockstar Games\GTA4\Ylive.dll and Ylive.dll.cat so I clicked Yes, and then it opened up an empty command prompt and nothing happened after. Now whenever I try and start the game, I get past the Social Club screen and it opens this command prompt and nothing happens. I tried deleting all the files that it copied and xlive.dll, but no luck. What am I doing wrong here? Why is this so difficult? Also, before you yell at me for using a save game, I already completed the game on Xbox and don't want to play through again.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:04 AM

Remove all the wrappers you installed and use xliveless. Read the included readme file.

leetemu
  • leetemu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

OK I'll try that, but is there a certain version of GTA that I need? If so, how do I find out which version I have?

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:59 AM

xliveless supports all versions.

Rishabh Pundhir
  • Rishabh Pundhir

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:44 AM

i have copied my saved files of GTA 4 to a pen drive,as i wanted to format my notebook.....now i am getting stuck to how to use them again...i cant play the whole game again...i am using windows 7....the designation of game is (C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games)
SOMEONE REPLY SOON

leetemu
  • leetemu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:59 PM Edited by leetemu, 29 June 2010 - 05:07 PM.

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Jun 29 2010, 07:59)
xliveless supports all versions.

What is the latest patch? 1.0.7? This will work with that?

Also, could you give me a short step by step of what to do? I just copy the file xlive.dll into the game directory? What is xlive_d.dll and what is the folder src for? Also what does it mean by remove the asi loader?

Now I have to copy my save files into %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\?

Sorry about the billions of questions sigh.gif

GTA 1911
  • GTA 1911

Liberty City Police Commissioner

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (leetemu @ Jun 29 2010, 12:59)

Also, could you give me a short step by step of what to do? I just copy the file xlive.dll into the game directory? What is xlive_d.dll and what is the folder src for? Also what does it mean by remove the asi loader?

Now I have to copy my save files into %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\?

Sorry about the billions of questions sigh.gif

Read the included readme file.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (GTA 1911 @ Jun 29 2010, 22:27)
QUOTE (leetemu @ Jun 29 2010, 12:59)

Sorry about the billions of questions  sigh.gif

Read the included readme file.

My most sincere thanks, mate.

leetemu
  • leetemu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:03 AM

OK I copied xlive.dll and put my savegames folder into My Documents, and the game runs fine, but when I try and load the savegame, it says No save games present, I tried launching with LaunchGTAIV.exe and GTAIV.exe and neither would let me load the savegame. What's going on here? Do I have to do anything to ControlMap.dat?

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:13 AM

(for Windows Vista) %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\
(for Windows XP) %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\

Did you follow these to the letter?

leetemu
  • leetemu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:24 AM

Yes I did, I copied the save file, which is named SGTA400, into that folder and it says there are no save games present. I don't need to do anything else other than copy xlive.dll into the install directory right? Since I downloaded it with Steam, the directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV. Is this the right folder to be putting xlive.dll?

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:32 AM

Yeah, that's the correct folder. Also, sorry about the confusion above, I linked you to the wrong thread. That thread does link to xliveless eventually, but still. Are you sure you got the latest version xliveless ?

Delete the folder structure you created in the My Documents, start a new game, save on the first opportunity and then check what xliveless has done there. It should have created a savegame folder so you can drop yours in there.

leetemu
  • leetemu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:43 AM

OH MY GOD FINALLY lol thank you so much! I've had to reinstall like 3 times now and it's been 3 days and finally I got it biggrin.gif Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users