Photo

Grand Theft Auto: Hawaii?

14 replies to this topic
Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:39 AM

It's an island, but still part of the United States. People have said that GTA probably won't leave USA because of the culture and everything. Well Hawaii is full of American and western culture, this is the place where Americans come on their holidays so obviously it's full of tourists and so on. Drugs is also very common on Hawaii especially among tourists. Imagine being part of a cartel that smuggles drugs in and out of Hawaii or something.

Another thing I noticed make sense is the volcano picture that was hinted the next GTA in the EFLC manual. Hawaii itself is in fact a big volcano and it's full of smaller ones too.

Here is the picture

user posted image

Could Hawaii be the next location for Grand Theft Auto?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:46 AM

Rucke, you're one of the members here that I have respect for but come on man.

As much as I love Hawaii, I cant possibly see a crime game based there. And also there's a pinned topic for all these ideas of locations.

Could anyone tell me of any known gangs in Hawaii?

gamefarter
  • gamefarter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:20 AM Edited by gamefarter, 28 June 2010 - 11:38 AM.

I just typed "right ball" into Google maps and was brought to a town just north of Dallas TX. So maybe it will be in Dallas, or the state of Texas. Whereas "right testicle", and "Right Nut" both come back with multiple locations. Also, if you noticed, the ball is "flipped" in the brochure, and another word for "flipped" is "mirrored", and what is a mirrored ball, but a disco ball? And when were discos in? That's right, in the 1970's, so maybe it will take us back to the 70's. How's that for detective work?

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:45 AM

Stop saying Hawaii in there!

Rede
  • Rede

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:34 PM

Hawaii would be a great location. It's already split up into islands and transportation between them could easily be disrupted by a major storm. A crime story can certainly be written, perhaps focusing on espionage by a foreign government, or on the Hawai'i independence movement. Imagine, for example, a story where your character is a native Hawai'ian fighting to get sovereignty back using terrorist tactics but also has to face off against Russian or Japanese spies. Far fetched, but so is every GTA.

The location would make for nice scenery with a combination of urban and rural areas and a lot of the core features of GTA could be included without altering the character of the state. It's probably my top choice.

mad.man
  • mad.man

R.C. Hole

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:55 PM

GTA Hawaii could be the next "Vice City"

Magnum P.I.

Dallas69
  • Dallas69

Cheating is not a crime, when u use it in Single Player!

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

I think it would b a awesome setting.

Nativedeem
  • Nativedeem

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Rucke @ Jun 28 2010, 09:39)
It's an island, but still part of the United States. People have said that GTA probably won't leave USA because of the culture and everything. Well Hawaii is full of American and western culture, this is the place where Americans come on their holidays so obviously it's full of tourists and so on. Drugs is also very common on Hawaii especially among tourists. Imagine being part of a cartel that smuggles drugs in and out of Hawaii or something.

Another thing I noticed make sense is the volcano picture that was hinted the next GTA in the EFLC manual. Hawaii itself is in fact a big volcano and it's full of smaller ones too.

Here is the picture

user posted image

Could Hawaii be the next location for Grand Theft Auto?

im just gonna stop u right there. hawaii doesnt exactly scream thug life. thats the dumbest place i ever heard someone suggest. i mean maybe philly or d.c would make sense. then again, i dont think they want people trying to destroy the white house

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:41 PM

Ha. GTA in Hawaii. That's funny.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:49 PM

No way man. Not Hawaii.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Jun 28 2010, 09:46)

Could anyone tell me of any known gangs in Hawaii?

There is a pretty strong triad and yakuza following there, a few native gangs and quite a heavy surfer gang culture there, but i agree its not renowned enough.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (gamefarter @ Jun 28 2010, 11:20)
I just typed "right ball" into Google maps and was brought to a town just north of Dallas TX. So maybe it will be in Dallas, or the state of Texas. Whereas "right testicle", and "Right Nut" both come back with multiple locations. Also, if you noticed, the ball is "flipped" in the brochure, and another word for "flipped" is "mirrored", and what is a mirrored ball, but a disco ball? And when were discos in? That's right, in the 1970's, so maybe it will take us back to the 70's. How's that for detective work?

You sound like the movie National Treasure

ldee
  • ldee

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

Just as likely as Red Dead Resurrection will be set in Hawaii.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (gamefarter @ Jun 28 2010, 12:20)
I just typed "right ball" into Google maps and was brought to a town just north of Dallas TX.  So maybe it will be in Dallas, or the state of Texas.  Whereas "right testicle", and "Right Nut" both come back with multiple locations.  Also, if you noticed, the ball is "flipped" in the brochure, and another word for "flipped" is "mirrored", and what is a mirrored ball, but a disco ball?  And when were discos in?  That's right, in the 1970's, so maybe it will take us back to the 70's.  How's that for detective work?

lol.gif

As for Hawaii? Sure, why not...

user posted image

Can't wait to go around spraying junkies with mace..

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

Hawaiii or VICE CITY, the evidence points more in that direction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users