So I finally manage to have so time and show how to make them both work.
The Notes of this Tutorial and what will show to you
- THE MOST IMPORTANT NOTE : - This tutorial is only for the trees & palm trees ( meaning the other folder at the moment I can't make them work because of some crashes, I need time for them )
- Will make you to learn how to install something manually, and of how much the game is default the better will run, and lose the nasty crashes after 5/10/20 minutes of playing.
Will make them both work :
- will be showed in ' step by step ' mod for every single person, to be understood much better.
- without using gta.dat from DATA/MAPS
- without using weapon.dat from DATA/MAPS - to lose the sword & axe ( for those that don't want them )
- without using the vegepart.ide from DATA/MAPS/GENERIC
- without using real folder & subfolders like :
The MOST IMPORTANT piece of this tutorial is the real folder and his subfolders because is the one that is making the game to crash so bad, because the two tools like SALA & STREAM is making the game to crash because real FOLDER is a crash-bugged folder.
= THE START =
- For the beginning you need TWO GTA SAN ANDREAS; BOTH DEFAULT, NO MODS, NOTHING :
- One if for SRT3 installed into the default one.
- Second for Project Oblivion installed into the default one.
- Is best that to arhive the first San Andreas to make a one for Project Oblivion
First I will take just one tree .dff and .txd data from SRT3 cuz doesn't need to install the hole mod because buildings & objects texture doesn't have any to do with trees files.
STEP1. - INSTALLING THE MODS
So let's start with gta_tree_pine.txd from SRT3. I've chosen this tree because this is the hardest one to be installed, having .dff , .txd and lod.dff & lod.txd plus .col
IMPORTANT; again I choose this tree the most because it has lod.dff & lod.txd where any other tree doesn't have, to make a complete tutorial of a tree from San Andreas.
Seems that gta_tree_pine.txd doesn't have a .dff in SRT3, so where this is ok to happend, meaning that SRT3 doesn't change the way of .dff trees dummy.
- So we install this gta_tree_pine.txd on one of the San Andreas.
- Now we install the hole Project Oblivion 2007 HQ on the other San Andreas.
Now because we installed the two mods, we need two MED Editors. We open two Med Editors, and one of them we leave him in the taskbar for the moment.
So we take the MED Editor of SRT3. Now we go to Item and choose CountryE.IPL and load it and you will get something like this picture below. Click on the tree till will be turn red.
STEP2. - THE NAME OF THE FILES
Now we go the IDE icon above and click on it and will appear a window with the :
- Model NAME (.dff) -> vbg_fir_copse.dff
- Texture Name (.txd) -> gta_tree_pine.txd
Now we found out the names of .dff & .txd files from this tree.
STEP3. - PROJECT OBLIVION FILE NAMES
So now we use the second Med Editor and we do the same thing like STEP1 and you will get the same result just like in this picture below.
STEP4. - THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM
So after we saw the picture from the STEP3 we continue doing the same thing like STEP2 , but this is where the things are starting to be different, where you gona see in the picture below the Model & Texture Name of Project Oblivion tree are different from the default game/SRT3.
Project Oblivion files .dff ; .txd ; lod.dff ; lod.txd & .col are having a ' po ' prefix at the beginning of each file; - po ( meaning of Project Oblivion shorted ). This is the difference between them. That's why you need Two Med Editor & Two TxdWhorshop to not get confused and of course you can work only in this way.
So the now the
- Model Name (.dff) -> pov1bg_fir_copse.dff
- Texture Name (.txd) -> pine.txd
After this don't close the MED Editor, you will need them.
STEP5. - EXTRACTING THE FILES
So now we go use an IMG Tool, and go to real.img from DATA/MAPS/REAL where we gona extract the povbg_fire_copse.dff and pine.txd
Now we gona open two TxdWorshop :
- One for SRT3; gta_tree_pine.txd
- Other for Project Oblivion; pine.txd
We put them both near and see how they are looking. If you see Project Oblivion pine.txd already has the files from the default game; the names & alphas in it.
We can see that Project Oblivion doesn't have SRT3 tree textures where this is obvious, where why should we let the default textures from Project Oblivion to be in the game where SRT3 can do update the textures and somehow you have to be force to do that, because you already using SRT3.
STEP6. & STEP 7 - INSTALLING SOME TEXTURE FROM SRT3 OVER PROJECT OBLIVION
Now we gona extract texture & alphas from SRT3 gta_tree_pine.txd like :
- tree19Mi & tree19Mia
- sm_pinetreebit & sm_pinetreebita
- kb_ivy2_256 & kb_ivy2_256a
How I've said, because they Project Oblivion will keep some texture default where SRT3 is doing the rest of the job, completing them. The other textures doesn't need to be replaced because Project Oblivion indeed has something much better then SRT3.
Now we gona use the second TxdWorkshop and open pine.txd and replace the tree files mentioned above with their alphas and then save pine.txd
We can see from the second picture that pine.txd still has the textures from Project Oblivion.
STEP8. - CHANGING THE NAMES AND INSTALL THEM
Now this is one of those important things to do if you want to make them both work. So we have the .dff & .txd names from Project Oblivion & SRT3 we gona do like this :
Now we have to extract po1vbg_fir_copse.dff too. So now we have the po1vbg_fir_copse.dff & the modded pine.txd file ( with the SRT3 textures ) from Project Oblivion.
Now we rename :
- po1vbg_fir_copse.dff into vbg_fir_copse.dff
- pine.txd into gta_tree_pine.txd
And Install them on gta3.img using the IMG TOOL.
STEP9. & STEP 10 - THE LOD.DFF & LOD.TXD
How I mentioned above, this is the single tree structure that has lod.dff & lod.txd.
This is for the Long Distance, because SRT3 will overwrite Project Oblivion and when you gona be far from the tree object you will see the SRT3 texture and when we gona approach the object it will turn in Project Oblivion texture. So we need to fix this.
Indeed there are 6 lods that can be found at the bottom of vegepart.IDE from DATA/MAPS/GENERIC ; they begin with LOD_**** .
We gona use SRT3 Med Editor again and we go to VIEW - Long Distance (LOD) and click it to change in LOD MOD. Now we go the the tree and click it and we gona see the :
- Model Name : - lod_vbg_fir_co.dff
- Texture Model : - lod_veg.txd
We gona use now Project Oblivion Med Editor to view and find out the
- Model Name : - lod_1vbg_fir_co.dff
- Texture Name : - pine.txd
Now we rename the lod.dff & lod.txd
- lod_1vbg_fir_co.dff into lod_vbg_fir_co.dff
- pine.txd ( indeed we need another pine.txd and we extract him from real.img again ) and remane it into lod_veg.txd
Now we gona install them too into gta3.img using the IMG TOOL.
We can go now and test into the game to see the Long Distance how is working, like in this picture below.