|QUOTE (The Guru @ Jun 23 2010, 16:10)|
| New thread I see |
Me and a couple of friends are planning to smoke from a bong but we haven't got one Any of you can tell me how to make one out of homemade items? I've heard if you got on of those massive water canisters, you can drill a hole on the side and put like a piece tin foil in some metal cap of a wine bottle and fit it in the hole. Then make a few holes through the foil and the cap with some sharp object.
Does this work??
Not sure what you're taking about. Here's how I used to make mine before I invested in a real glass piece. When I really took my time and made sure everything was airtight, it would milk and clear just as well as glass pieces that I've used.
What you need:
1. Water bottle, preferably a fairly large and rigid one. Those super thin water bottles don't work so well. I used to use 32oz Gatorade/Powerade bottles.
4. Metal skewer
5. Hot glue gun
6. Duct/electrical tape
1. Take the pen, remove the cap/ink tube/etc. so that you're left with a hollow tube
2. Tape or hot glue the socket onto one end of the pen tube. This will be your stem and bowl.
3. Take your bottle, metal skewer, and lighter. Use the lighter to heat up the pointed end of the skewer, when it's nice and hot take it and poke a hole 2-3 inches from the bottom of the bottle. The hole needs to be big enough for the stem to slide in.
4. Slide the stem through the hole you just made. Make sure it reaches down to just above (maybe half an inch) the bottom of the inside of the bottle. Orient it so that it's pointing upward (not vertically out the side, I've actually seen people do this) and tape it to hold it in place.
5. Use the hot glue gun to make an airtight seal around the spot where the stem enters the bottle.
6. The last step is to make a shotgun. I usually like to put the shotgun pretty low on the bottle because I feel like it's easier to clear than if you put it up too high near the mouthpiece. Make the hole same way you did in step 3.
Obviously you don't have to use a heated skewer to make a hole, I've just found that's the best way to make a clean hole with rounded edges. Hot glue is also not necessary but it helps in making the bottle airtight.