Photo

E.F.L.C. Disappointment!

22 replies to this topic
Marutzu
  • Marutzu

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:47 PM

[COLOR=blue]Am I the only one badly disappointed in Rockstar's "last" creation?

I don't know about y'all but i'm very disappointed (for the first time about gta) about EFLC. And not for the quality for god's sake Rockstar's always had some of the finest games out there
BUT FOR THE QUANTITY!!!. I've finished both episodes in one day and a bunch of hours and i wasn't rushing because i never do with any game especially with GTA. I don't know but
I think that they should've made more missions for the games.....the side missions are great....it's obvious that the games are well developed but the story finishes too early (and nobody can
deny that)...WFT R*???? Gta IV will always be my favorite.[COLOR=blue]

p.s. how the hell do the colors work??? as u can see i can't make it work colgate.gif sorry for being a noob happy.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:58 PM

Well, sorry for stating the obvious again, but these were DLC for the game, just bundled together and sold on Disc, so yeah, they're structured to fit in with the GTA IV story. The fact that these as DLC are longer than most retail games out there is something that should be congratulated. But yes, they are shorter than the main story.

Marutzu
  • Marutzu

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Jun 18 2010, 23:58)
Well, sorry for stating the obvious again, but these were DLC for the game, just bundled together and sold on Disc, so yeah, they're structured to fit in with the GTA IV story. The fact that these as DLC are longer than most retail games out there is something that should be congratulated. But yes, they are shorter than the main story.

yeah but the could've made the longer and not call them dlc sigh.gif

JGJONES
  • JGJONES

2010 - A landmark year for games.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:10 AM

But they were DLC. They were always intended to be. They are very good DLC's and Rockstar should be praised because each DLC is longer than most full games. EFLC is simply the two DLC's put on a disc, it wouldn't have been fair on DLC owners to give EFLC extra missons. I think they are very good value, they are longer than most 'full' games. I don't get why people moan about their length, don't people understand what DLC means?

Marutzu
  • Marutzu

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (JGJONES @ Jun 19 2010, 00:10)
But they were DLC. They were always intended to be. They are very good DLC's and Rockstar should be praised because each DLC is longer than most full games. EFLC is simply the two DLC's put on a disc, it wouldn't have been fair on DLC owners to give EFLC extra missons. I think they are very good value, they are longer than most 'full' games. I don't get why people moan about their length, don't people understand what DLC means?

LOL calm down dude.......i'm not talking only for the pc version.....they could've improvised a little on the missions just to make it longer...that's all i'm saying. and i know what dlc means.....i've been playing games for over 10 yrs now....

LordDastardly
  • LordDastardly

Official LC Hotdog Stand Explosive Defuser

• Members

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:58 AM

The point is, you're complaining about the length when they were DLC. How about you go download CoDMW2's map pack and see how long it takes you to play a match on each map, then take into account that it was only slightly cheaper than IV's DLC and you'll realise what a great DLC, TLAD and TBOGT are and what a great company R* are.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:36 AM

How much longer do you want it to be? You got two games with a total of 48 missions plus a heap of new features for half the price of most full retail games, and it's still not enough?

IMO TLAD, and TBOGT don't even feel like traditional DLC packs. They honestly feel like two different games.

I've newer seen, or heard about any DLC pack another company has offered that challenges TLAD, and TBOGT in terms of bang for buck.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

quote this and you'll see how to get your letters blue

Rocks-tar
  • Rocks-tar

Marston

• Members

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Jun 19 2010, 08:36)
How much longer do you want it to be? You got two games with a total of 48 missions plus a heap of new features for half the price of most full retail games, and it's still not enough?

IMO TLAD, and TBOGT don't even feel like traditional DLC packs. They honestly feel like two different games.

I've newer seen, or heard about any DLC pack another company has offered that challenges TLAD, and TBOGT in terms of bang for buck.

And I hope the same thing for RDR. "Episodes from the West" tounge.gif

EFLC is the best "DLC" of all time.

Garfield 2
  • Garfield 2

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:23 AM

Actually EFLC is 40 missions-ish which is enough for let's say well, I don't know. I don't like how it's actually more expensive in the shops (€39.99 - Can you believe it?) and it's cheaper as downloading 2 DLC's (€16.99 each)

Still, it was worth a buy.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:32 AM

I thought there were enough missions for the price you payed for it (PC copy of EFLC costed me 25 euros). I had more than enough fun from it and I still play it from time to time (singleplayer and multiplayer). I would play it even more if I had a decent enough PC to run it maxed out... but that'll come.

Nothing wrong with EFLC apart from the crappy preformance on older rigs.

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Jun 19 2010, 09:32)
I thought there were enough missions for the price you payed for it (PC copy of EFLC costed me 25 euros). I had more than enough fun from it and I still play it from time to time (singleplayer and multiplayer). I would play it even more if I had a decent enough PC to run it maxed out... but that'll come.

Exactly. I have a crappy PC and it's hardly enjoyable except when testing out nice mods or making videos, but I have it on Xbox 360 too and it f*cking rocks, especially TLaD.

Garfield 2
  • Garfield 2

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Jun 19 2010, 09:58)
QUOTE (fullmetal @ Jun 19 2010, 09:32)

Exactly. I have a crappy PC and it's hardly enjoyable except when testing out nice mods or making videos, but I have it on Xbox 360 too and it f*cking rocks, especially TLaD.

Am I the only one who liked TLaD's story much more than TBoGT's?

Marutzu
  • Marutzu

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Garfield 2 @ Jun 19 2010, 22:19)

I think so smile.gif ) geez everybody jumpin' on me cuz i wasn't satisfied with the lenght i was saying that it wouldn't costed them too much (i think a week or 2) to make the "DLC's" into games....and i would've been willing to pay full price for that (60€max) but anyway......i still got Niko to play with.....i don't know why but GTA IV seems more serious to me that the other two smile.gif

blahblah1212
  • blahblah1212

Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers

• Members

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (Marutzu @ Jun 19 2010, 20:07)
QUOTE (Garfield 2 @ Jun 19 2010, 22:19)

I think so smile.gif ) geez everybody jumpin' on me cuz i wasn't satisfied with the lenght i was saying that it wouldn't costed them too much (i think a week or 2) to make the "DLC's" into games....and i would've been willing to pay full price for that (60€max) but anyway......i still got Niko to play with.....i don't know why but GTA IV seems more serious to me that the other two smile.gif

A week or two? A week or two would give them time to make about five good missions or 10-15 sh*t missions combined between both. And that's being generous. Making video games, even DLCs, is a lot more tedious than you seem to think.

nikobellic8
  • nikobellic8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (Marutzu @ Jun 18 2010, 23:47)
[COLOR=blue]Am I the only one badly disappointed in Rockstar's "last" creation?

I don't know about y'all but i'm very disappointed (for the first time about gta) about EFLC. And not for the quality for god's sake Rockstar's always had some of the finest games out there
BUT FOR THE QUANTITY!!!. I've finished both episodes in one day and a bunch of hours and i wasn't rushing because i never do with any game especially with GTA. I don't know but
I think that they should've made more missions for the games.....the side missions are great....it's obvious that the games are well developed but the story finishes too early (and nobody can
deny that)...WFT R*???? Gta IV will always be my favorite.[COLOR=blue]

p.s. how the hell do the colors work??? as u can see i can't make it work colgate.gif sorry for being a noob happy.gif

you are forgiven for being a noob monocle.gif

Astrixone
  • Astrixone

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:08 AM

Yea, in that case they will increase the price...

NikoBellicIV
  • NikoBellicIV

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:51 AM

dude, you are retarded

Marutzu
  • Marutzu

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (NikoBellicIV @ Jul 23 2010, 03:51)
dude, you are retarded

who's the more retarded? me? or the retarded what leaves retarded comments? bored.gif

TheGameSter1100
  • TheGameSter1100

Proud Gamer(:

• Members

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Marutzu @ Jul 23 2010, 18:10)
QUOTE (NikoBellicIV @ Jul 23 2010, 03:51)
dude, you are retarded

who's the more retarded? me? or the retarded what leaves retarded comments? bored.gif

Dude, If you hate GTA EFLC, then stop playing it! I enjoyed EVERY SINGLE BIT of this game even when I was getting 100% in both episodes sigh.gif

And after all, your the retard! Jk

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Marutzu @ Jun 19 2010, 02:02)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Jun 18 2010, 23:58)

yeah but the could've made the longer and not call them dlc sigh.gif

I hate this mentality. Could've, would've, should've. They didn't. They are downloadable content, no matter what you would have wanted them to be. You got them at a bargain price, at which it's difficult to find any sort of game that's as entertaining and, as you say, well produced.

Would you have paid more if they held extra, longer story missions? Probably. But in that case, why not just look forward to the next GTA installment, in stead of wrongfully bashing the already released ones for lacking content?

Marutzu
  • Marutzu

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (TheGameSter1100 @ Jul 26 2010, 00:50)
Dude, If you hate GTA EFLC, then stop playing it! I enjoyed EVERY SINGLE BIT of this game even when I was getting 100% in both episodes sigh.gif

i didn't say i hated eflc man....read the post again if u have problems understanding.....i was just saying that it would've been great to have longer sotryline dozingoff.gif

TheGameSter1100
  • TheGameSter1100

Proud Gamer(:

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (Marutzu @ Jul 27 2010, 20:17)
QUOTE (TheGameSter1100 @ Jul 26 2010, 00:50)
Dude, If you hate GTA EFLC, then stop playing it! I enjoyed EVERY SINGLE BIT of this game even when I was getting 100% in both episodes  sigh.gif

i didn't say i hated eflc man....read the post again if u have problems understanding.....i was just saying that it would've been great to have longer sotryline dozingoff.gif

Well, yeah, at least 50 mission on each episode would be better

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users