Quantcast

» «
Photo

Final Moment

62 replies to this topic

Poll: Leti it go? (231 member(s) have cast votes)

Leti it go?

1. yes ;) (91 votes [52.91%])

Percentage of vote: 52.91%

2. no :sui: (81 votes [47.09%])

Percentage of vote: 47.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote
pdmods
  • pdmods

Dutch Modder

• Members

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

I think it time to let it go but..

It was the best modification ever!
Maybe too large to fix al problems?

What ever..

Thanks for publishing this game!

Greatzz. Dennis

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

@ S.Partrick its a word. http://dictionary.re...m/browse/myriad It basically means a whole lot. Which is a pun for those who worked on it, because each guy had a lot they were in charge of!

:crickets:

Never mind the pun. Like I said, don't just kill it, release the final files please!

Hotshot.
  • Hotshot.

Peaceful like river

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Jan 20 2011, 21:57)
@ S.Partrick its a word. http://dictionary.re...m/browse/myriad It basically means a whole lot. Which is a pun for those who worked on it, because each guy had a lot they were in charge of!

:crickets:

Never mind the pun. Like I said, don't just kill it, release the final files please!

Now that tells me. But a fine name for a VC mod.

Ayman1337
  • Ayman1337

Underground Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Jun 27 2010, 09:21)
I would prefer to keep this mod alive but sadly there is the lack of activity or interest. I had hoped that the main islands be at least filled up by now. The GTA LC project is just as old and is closer to completion than ever. Lots of other major map projects came and went. So what happened to this one? If more people support ending this, then I will let it go.

I might have a go at adding on more features to the game! It needs way more missions and I am really creative!

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:37 AM

Ayman1337 man i think that dude'll take u in his team if he has it but then you need to message it him by PM. And by the way i'm very glad that scripters still exist. And else can u create a hard interesting missions? If yes then say what story would u like to do for MI?

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Myriad @ Monday, May 23 2011, 04:37)
Ayman1337 man i think that dude'll take u in his team if he has it but then you need to message it him by PM. And by the way i'm very glad that scripters still exist. And else can u create a hard interesting missions? If yes then say what story would u like to do for MI?

by adapting the DYOM tools you can script a nice mission by ease even though its just the time that is needed and most of us dont have much spare time next to our jobs and personal issues and lifes so thats the whole thing. Thats also the reason why i am only updating once in 2 weeks.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

Cool news again! So all wait.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

So Add when are you going to release updates?

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:29 PM Edited by aad, 18 July 2011 - 07:27 PM.

QUOTE (Mr. Myriad @ Saturday, Jul 9 2011, 13:12)
So Aad when are you going to release updates?

I've been kinda busy with getting a job and such stuff so i hardly haven't got any time to make or release some stuff maybe i will put something up here Wednesday I'm not sure but it is a day which i haven't got any plans for.

maybe i will do some work on some lots for GTI or plan to make a nice bridge connection between Necrosis and Black Messa even though it wil be a temporary bridge then cause the ID numbering of those 2 parts are not sorted out that much so just keep watching the forums and you'll see.

EDIT:
sorry for not updating on any of my topics or release stuff i've been really bussy with finding a job that suits me and in the building engineering world it isn't a good time atm as most of the companies are not hiring any new people so hopefully i can get to work soon by some contractors which had some job offers even though i still have to hear their decision.

Just for now i have been thinking about a lot of things i would like to start with for Myriad Islands / GTI so here comes a small list which im looking into

- Facilities for GTI ( Fire Station, Police Dept, Hospital ) a multifunctional building with this all combined shared over 3 lots on GTI
- Fixing the TRN4L lots and adding some more content to them ( need to talk with Gforce about this cause i dont have all the max files of TRN4L)

- Adding a Harbor to GTI ( have been a long term plan and should have been added a long time ago altough i really never started making a good layout the main idea is an horse shoe shaped harbor for youghts and also a pier for a helipad ( see GTA 4 for a reference)
- creating a final bridge between black messa and necrosis and also fix necrosis and chop them into lots for further development ( also Gforce if you are interested just let me know)

so a long story choped into short bits a lot of ideas but a lack of motivation and time is the main thing why nothing is happening on my side.

so if you are interested got the skills any of the above things is free to design and can be placed on the lots availble on GTI specialy the lots on the outer edge are mostly free.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:59 AM

Hey guys. I must say it is good to see some goings on in the old M.I. forums even if it is only a whisper.

I thought I might pop my head in here to ask if anyone ever got my (mostly incomplete) island ingame in total. I never put any of it ingame myself, being a task I hated with a passion, and only ever got small bits and pieces from other people. If anyone ever did put it ingame, or any appreciable portion of it, I would be very interested in seeing my work up close and personal.

Additionally if anyone wants it I would be happy dumping my (recently rediscovered) Myriad works. Most of it amounts to old rubbish and partially completed lots but it might be of interest to some of you. The docks are probably the most interesting since they house the illCOM train station (which is of ridiculous proportions) but should be interesting.

Let me know.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:16 PM Edited by aad, 21 July 2011 - 12:19 PM.

QUOTE (JasonB @ Thursday, Jul 21 2011, 06:59)
Hey guys. I must say it is good to see some goings on in the old M.I. forums even if it is only a whisper.

I thought I might pop my head in here to ask if anyone ever got my (mostly incomplete) island ingame in total. I never put any of it ingame myself, being a task I hated with a passion, and only ever got small bits and pieces from other people. If anyone ever did put it ingame, or any appreciable portion of it, I would be very interested in seeing my work up close and personal.

Additionally if anyone wants it I would be happy dumping my (recently rediscovered) Myriad works. Most of it amounts to old rubbish and partially completed lots but it might be of interest to some of you. The docks are probably the most interesting since they house the illCOM train station (which is of ridiculous proportions) but should be interesting.

Let me know.

There is a small part of Port Orchid which i have ingame allong with some lots i have putted ingame here's a small mapview screen just for your information its not much but i used it for developping some paths for port orchid.

atm i have all the islands in my devkit so from Illcom, Black Messa, Necrosis, Port Orchid and GTI most of it is ingame.

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gforce handed over the max files to me a long time ago so had a litle fun with it and putted some more buildings ingame as seen on the screen the colorfull buildings on the left bottom of the picture.

PS: Jason we certainly want your latest files even if its only for completing the missing bits and having a more complete version of Myriad Islands.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

JasonB please upload your files somewhere.

Bismay Das
  • Bismay Das

Casual acquaintance

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

Is this project out of date? Is the team shattered? I have a VC Version of this project. Is that version the latest one?

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

No dude it's not the latest, but dont remove your VC's version because it has cool and hard missions.

Bismay Das
  • Bismay Das

Casual acquaintance

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Myriad @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 11:09)
No dude it's not the latest, but dont remove your VC's version because it has cool and hard missions.

You mean about these 3-

1) Run for the Party.
2) Police Patrol
3) And a mission with Predator
4) And a fourth where we rescue an FBI agent's brother.

Are there more too? Why is the Project dead?

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Bismay Das @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 11:41)
QUOTE (Mr. Myriad @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 11:09)

You mean about these 3-

1) Run for the Party.
2) Police Patrol
3) And a mission with Predator
4) And a fourth where we rescue an FBI agent's brother.

Are there more too? Why is the Project dead?

after we stepped over to GTA-SA the coding part kinda died out we didnt have any active coders anymore and the coders which were helping us out back then quited a long time ago even though the gta-sa version is slowly beeing revived it just takes a long time to get everything back on track.

and for the missions there are also some widely spread around myriad just search for them around the park area and shops and stuff i do not have the vice city version installed so i cant check for it atm.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

Add and Gforce have you any progress?

dead punk
  • dead punk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

any progress so far..... confused.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (dead punk @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 11:08)

not much progress on my side, even though i still have some work which i am continuing on. Its a lot with a small harbor and its located on GTI it also has some interesting underground car park which leads to a beach house where there are more parking spaces. when i get things more finished i will post some screens here.

ArijeshM_97
  • ArijeshM_97

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (aad @ Saturday, Nov 26 2011, 13:17)

not much progress on my side, even though i still have some work which i am continuing on. Its a lot with a small harbor and its located on GTI it also has some interesting underground car park which leads to a beach house where there are more parking spaces. when i get things more finished i will post some screens here.

Please present it. It is for MI-SA OR MI-VC?

Will the project close?

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (ArijeshM_97 @ Tuesday, Dec 20 2011, 03:49)
QUOTE (aad @ Saturday, Nov 26 2011, 13:17)

Please present it. It is for MI-SA OR MI-VC?

Will the project close?

We cant say, there are still a lot of unfinished files scattered along some team members and we hope to collect them all and present a final 0.7 of V1.0 release for MI_SA then after that we might start working / continuing with GTA IV.

so when things get finished it certainly will be posted here.

Avskygod0
  • Avskygod0

Snitch

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:06 AM

I dearly request that this mod is continued.

Avskygod0
  • Avskygod0

Snitch

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

Atleast release the files so someone else contunie the projetc!

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:33 AM Edited by Urban Legend, 12 August 2012 - 04:37 AM.

I loved this mod...after reading this topic for the past 20 mins I can see most the big names have spoken. Yall had alot of fun with this one, me too for that matter back in 05. Vice City really is the home for this mod. Dead or Alive it's nostalgia...no way should this be deleted...pictures and videos!

Congratulations on your effort MI team. Not for nothing. wink.gif

My most memorable moments of this mod were:

-Including it in a stunt video of mine "Deliverance"
-Double back flip off your guys crazy high curbs tounge.gif
-Landstalker flying off that nice little mountain...Illnorth was it?
-Ramping the bulldozer with a PCJ. I didnt like the bike yall included.
-That awesome half pipe...
-Nice little interiors

Take care fellers smile.gif

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

When will update be?

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hard to say, i already finished a lot of stuff, but still there's a lot more to be done,

atm i have done the following

- fixing / integrating Yahimba in GTI (only interior + LOD models left to do)
- Adding LOD models to existing lots.

Might start again at doing some more on it this weekend.

greetz

Aad

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Not bad.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

Due to a sh*tload of things to take care of at work i havent been doing much on modeling, what i have been doing is fixing up Kamsterdam and modeling some more buildings to fill the empty spaces.

Here's a render of the first 2 houses planning on modeling a few more.

http://imageshack.us...0911195259.jpg/

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

aad, looks very good! But even, when are you going to announce the next big update?

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Myriad @ Thursday, Sep 13 2012, 00:10)
aad, looks very good! But even, when are you going to announce the next big update?

Hard to say, still need to combine a lot of stuff and gather arround with Gforce to make it fully complete,

for now i can only pack up the fixed GTI parts and might release them but there's still a lot of stuff that needs to get sorted out.

I am hoping to finish of Kamsterdam with LOD models and some additional stuff this weekend

And then the next thing is fixing up some more of Yahimba.

So when i fully fixed and updated my GTI install it certainly will be one step closer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users