Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar Social Club-create new account...

3 replies to this topic
amphibiac
  • amphibiac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:31 AM Edited by amphibiac, 18 June 2010 - 05:33 AM.

I purchased Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA IV) via steam today.

It downloaded fast, and the initial install completed successfully.

However, when I attempt to launch the game via steam, I am taken to a window called "Rockstar Games Social Club" which asks for me to login with my email and password for a Social Club account.
I do not YET have an account, as I just purchased the game.
However, when I click on "Create New Account..." I am taken to the site: https://socialclub.r...ile/signup.html

But there is no form for signing up.

Here is a link to a screen of the website: http://i47.tinypic.com/4r812w.jpg

Please Advise.

I am excited to have purchased this game and would like to get it up and running.

I have updated Nvidia drivers, Flash, steam, Windows Live, Microsoft Dot Net, DirectX. I am running Windows 7 and have it updated as well.

Further details:
I have Windows Live working fine with GTA:IV. It tracks progress in the single player game. However, when I use the phone to bring up the multiplayer options, it says I need to be connected to Social Club to play Multiplayer...
:confused:

JGJONES
  • JGJONES

2010 - A landmark year for games.

• Members

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:47 AM

In the top right, there is orange text saying 'Sign up'. Click that and you should be able to make an account.

amphibiac
  • amphibiac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (JGJONES @ Jun 18 2010, 05:47)
In the top right, there is orange text saying 'Sign up'. Click that and you should be able to make an account.

Thanks for the reply; Ya, I tried that...but I get the same result. No (flash?) app (I'm assuming its a flash app) loads in the blank space in the screen...It's always the "social club" sign on the right, and nothing on the left...

I emailed R* for advise, I am thinking *maybe* the Social Club is down for maintenance due to RDR, but I don't know, just a guess. Posted here in case it was something I had overlooked...

Still looking for a solution, I reply back when I find out what is going on.

GTA 1911
  • GTA 1911

Liberty City Police Commissioner

• Members

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:03 AM

Ya, there obliviously doing maintenance, only solution is to just wait awhile. I even tried a direct link to there sign up sheet and that didn't work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users