» «
Photo

NFS: Hot Pursuit

186 replies to this topic
Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:29 AM Edited by Minic, 24 May 2011 - 11:57 AM.

user posted image

It’s a known fact that Burnout developer Criterion is working on a Need for Speed game. But since the announcement, supreme secrecy has reigned over the matter. However, checking out the latest episode of GTTV, we noticed something peculiar, something awesomely peculiar for all fans of the franchise.

Right after the 6 minute mark, you’ll see the image depicted above. An F1 McLaren with the Need for Speed logo accompanied by two well-known words within the franchise: Hot Pursuit. Is Criterion working on a reboot of that era? We can’t really know for sure since the images presented on GTTV were only mockups of the EA booth but if this is true, then two things will happen, especially after Criterion started a countdown on their website: someone’s going to get his/her ass kicked around, and racing fans will rejoice.

Rumor for now, but E3 will uncover the truth, count on that.

Source.

I only played Pursuit 2 but enjoyed it a bunch and i know a bunch of people here wouldn't mind a reboot, lets hope it's true?

EDIT: Just doing this as a bump for ThePinkFloydSound. smile.gif

JGJONES
  • JGJONES

2010 - A landmark year for games.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:47 AM

The article made a DOH!, the car is a Pagani Zonda, not a Mclaren F1. Anyway, I like this a lot, I really liked the Hot Pursuit games, this is what NFS really should be... none of that ricer crap. It finally looks like EA have realised how bad their games have been recently and have decided to do something about it. Goodbye Civic... Hello Zonda!

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:57 AM

That is great news, I just hope its called Hot Pursuit because its got the same ingrediants as the past HPs rather then simply being a marketing thing. Hopefully with Criterion its the first thing. I am talking dropping an open-world map for the old multi-path tracks, exotics and police chases where the player can be the cop! Asking too much? EA owe us for unleasing that turd known as NFS Undercover umongst other releases!

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:09 AM

the image looks low quality, hope the game will be better

Michaś
  • Michaś

No US for me in 2014... BLNT

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

MY PETITION WORKED! THANK YOU EA!

http://petitiononline.com/nfsremak

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (JGJONES @ Jun 14 2010, 00:47)
The article made a DOH!, the car is a Pagani Zonda, not a Mclaren F1

That has to be the biggest car related duh moment I've heard all day, they don't even look similar.

On topic- Anyhow I loved Hot Pursuit 2 great graphics for the time and fun game play, I hope we hear/see something about it.

vanishingpilot
  • vanishingpilot

Stash your stash

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

Awesome news!

I miss the Hot Pursuit games so much!

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Jun 14 2010, 10:09)
the image looks low quality, hope the game will be better

The image is aactually from a freeze frame of a 3D flythrough of the E3 show floor and this is supposed to be part of the E3 booth, it's not actually an in-game screen.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:42 AM

Awesome is all I can say, they seem to have captured what a Hot Pursuit game is all about!

Eeshan
  • Eeshan

Old timer.

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:08 AM

No PC VERSION? sad.gif

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:37 AM

wow that trailer looks really nice notify.gif

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:01 AM

Holy sh*t I almost started drooling there, damn that was a good trailer. wow.gif

Never played HP but the concept appeals to me. Simple but effective.

Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:50 AM

That trailer was really good. But come on, a gay Lambo and an even more gay Bugatti, but no Ford Crown Victoria? whatsthat.gif

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:13 AM

Some little info about the game. Hope it helps.

This November, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit will transform online racing by bringing to life the adrenaline and intensity of high speed cop pursuits and changing the way that people connect and compete with their friends.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is being developed by Criterion Games, the developers behind the critically-acclaimed Burnout racing series. These renowned innovators are redefining action racing by delivering an experience that connects players through intense competition whether playing online together or taking on friends’ challenges.

At the heart of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is a suite of connected features called Need for Speed Autolog that enables players to connect, compare and compete with their friends effortlessly.

Exotic cars on the open road, the rush of the escape, the thrill of the takedown – this is Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

Key Features

• Career – For the first time in Need for Speed history, players will experience the gripping and heart-racing action of both cops and racers. Hot Pursuit seamlessly links a tremendously deep and fully-defined single player career with a groundbreaking multiplayer experience across all race modes. In the end, whether playing online with friends, taking on friends challenges or the single player career, players will earn bounty that levels them up and unlocks new cars, weapons and equipment. 

• Need For Speed Autolog – In Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, your friends drive your gameplay experience. Need for Speed Autolog is a revolutionary system that connects friends directly to each other’s games, enabling them to compare and share all their experiences, pictures and challenges.  Need for Speed Autolog instinctively delivers challenges based on what your friends have been doing, creating a hugely dynamic, socially competitive experience.

• Weapons and Equipment – Enhance the intensity of the pursuit using multiple weapons as the heat level increases during a pursuit. Whether taking down suspects with a variety of cop weapons or using evasion equipment as a racer to outsmart the cops, players will always have a method for gaining an edge over their opponent.

• Cars – In Hot Pursuit, the cars go from hot to hotter.  Experience the thrill of driving the world’s most desirable high performance cars at incredible speeds.  Feel the power of busting suspects in supercharged cop interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon or outsmarting the law as a racer in high performance supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque.

• Seacrest County – Explore a world as diverse as the California coastline with desert, forest, seaside and mountainous regions. The open world of Seacrest County is designed to create the most intense pursuit experiences ever found in a racing game.

Product Specifications

Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Criterion Games
Street Date: November 19, 2010
Category: Racing
Platforms: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:44 PM

If this works out it's going to be the first good NFS title in a looong time. I hope it delivers.

Emotion98.3
  • Emotion98.3

Rawr

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:35 PM

It says "pc".

Hope at last!

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:41 PM

I have started to lose interest on the series, but wait - an over-the top pursuit against a police Veyron in a forest? Need for Speed is back, baby!
Looks absolutely sweet, like the long-waited Most Wanted 2, oh boy is this gonna be amazing.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Cheat @ Jun 15 2010, 15:41)
Looks absolutely sweet, like the long-waited Most Wanted 2, oh boy is this gonna be amazing.

Indeed, most of the games after Most Wanted, are ridiculous. Most of the things are repeating game after game; bodyparts, wheels, paintjobs, specially the handling etc.

We can say that is Most Wanted 2, but I'm pretty sure is a remake of the original Pursuit, where this is just awesome and where more NFS World is Most Wanted 2. The sad part and hope to not be - this game to not have any relationship with the games after Most Wanted. Maybe this one will have more futures than Most Wanted, where, then we can say that will be one of those games of nfs series that is back on the road after all this years, in this year ( if will not be delayed ).

rdbx1234
  • rdbx1234

Cow-tippin Crack Baby

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Jun 15 2010, 02:42)

Awesome is all I can say, they seem to have captured what a Hot Pursuit game is all about!

holy f*ck this is the first time I had goose bumps watching a trailer. inlove.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:34 AM

• Seacrest County – Explore a world as diverse as the California coastline with desert, forest, seaside and mountainous regions. The open world of Seacrest County is designed to create the most intense pursuit experiences ever found in a racing game.

So its basically every track from Hot Pursuit rolled into a great big open map? To think it took another developer to get EA to go back to its Electronic Arts roots, yet another thing Criterion have done to the gaming world to make it better. First it was being the creators of the game engine that powered the golden age of GTA and now this.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:44 AM

Heyy, thats that map from HP2!!!!

I really hope the game is like the trailer, and I hope the graphics are that good, too!

OMG, this looks almost like the intro for HP2!

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Jun 17 2010, 06:44)

Heyy, thats that map from HP2!!!!

I really hope the game is like the trailer, and I hope the graphics are that good, too!

OMG, this looks almost like the intro for HP2!

I agree. i hope its as good if not better than the Burnout series biggrin.gif

i grew up on NFS Hot Pursuit 1 and 2.

Engioc
  • Engioc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

Dear god dont let it be true, yet another NFS and I'll bet its as poorly made as the last lot. Not since Porsche Unleashed has there been a really good NFS. Sorry to disgree, but I hate EA and their cheap remakes. Hot Pursuit 2 was the most arcade crap racer I have ever played and I never bought a NFS since. Long live TDU/TDU2.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:12 PM

I never really played the Hot Pursuit games, maybe had one or two races and it seems i've missed out as they seem to have been the best NFS's. The new one doesn't look to bad really but i hope they improve the car handling for this as Undercover and Shift had a very boxy like handling.

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

I know you guys have been saying about gameplay, so here's the demo they shopwed during the EA Confrence.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

Finally, I see cars pushed up to maximum of their speed. Long streets and large like this, where the handling I see, it can be control finally without a problem. Reminds me of Most Wanted, Underground 2 & the old Hot Pursuit. And I see the nitro that is recharging by him self. inlove.gif The graphic is acceptable from my part of view, big difference from the other ones.

This is gona be cool. After so many years, why they didn't made with the other games something like this one.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:32 PM

Guys just saying, but don't get your hopes up. I'm pretty sure this game is gonna suck hard and not even hold a candle to what Hot Pursuit was. I mean after all, it is EA.

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ Jun 17 2010, 18:32)
Guys just saying, but don't get your hopes up. I'm pretty sure this game is gonna suck hard and not even hold a candle to what Hot Pursuit was. I mean after all, it is EA.

Well i have faith in Criterion as EA are just Publishing it and not developing it at EALA, Criterion have been great with making the Burnout games and i have loved every single one i've played (which is all of them but Dominator), plus i think it looks pretty good and fun at the moment.

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

New gameplay video:

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:58 PM

the game looks very good, thanks for posting!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users