The Walking Dead

2,867 replies to this topic
TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:57 PM

Apparently stories of twd and ftwd are going to cross in next season of fear the walking dead.

I think they said it was just going to be
Spoiler
showing up. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to be so far west of Georgia at that time period. Abraham would have been a better choice because it was at least established that he came from out west.

BöömBäpper
  • BöömBäpper

-

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:29 PM

Apparently stories of twd and ftwd are going to cross in next season of fear the walking dead.

Spoiler
showing up. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to be so far west of Georgia at that time period. Abraham would have been a better choice because it was at least established that he came from out west.

Actually I did read somewhere its going to be Abraham and it takes place in houston. Don't know if its true.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:49 PM

Spoiler

Actually I did read somewhere its going to be Abraham and it takes place in houston. Don't know if its true.

I dunno about that. 

Spoiler

Also, the crossover is going to be after the war. Apparently the ending of season 8 is going to shape his story arc for Fear, so no need to worry how he went from Georgia to the West and back again within a year.

Samcrow
  • Samcrow

It's about to be pee pee pants city here REAL soon.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:01 AM

Morgan ripping that dudes guts out... holy sh*t

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:26 AM

I feel like that was as good a send-off as they could have given Carl. I still vehemently disagree with the decision to kill him off though. Negan and Judith in the garden made me chuckle.

Big_Smiley
  • Big_Smiley

Big Homeboy

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:00 AM

I feel like that was as good a send-off as they could have given Carl. I still vehemently disagree with the decision to kill him off though. Negan and Judith in the garden made me chuckle.

The moment he had with Michonne tho. Was balling my eyes out ffs why end it like this? :cry:

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:39 AM

Oh for f*cks sake they actually did it.

I feel like death now.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:26 AM

Quite why they decided to do what they did, I don't know. Audiences need a speck of light and good humour in an otherwise grim show so they don't completely tune out. Removing that just makes everything pointless, it removes any investment I might have. If it's the final season, and that's the point? Fine. The Sopranos did that very thing. But this isn't the last season, and with what they've done I don't feel like watching any more. It just comes across as cruel, intentionally battering the audience over the head with how hopeless and pointless everything is.

I mean, sh*t, throw us a bone here!

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:37 PM

Quite why they decided to do what they did, I don't know. Audiences need a speck of light and good humour in an otherwise grim show so they don't completely tune out. 

http://tvtropes.org/...ightDeadlyWords

Pretty much this.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:31 AM

Who knows, maybe it's the one decision that ruined the show for good. From now on, the show can't follow in the footsteps of the comics anymore. It's completely it's own thing from now on. I can't possibly imagine how this decision should pay off, especially considering a Season 9 is coming.

If S8 was the last season, that would've been acceptable and a good twist before the ending. But now it just f*cking sucks and turns people off.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

the only reason they killed carl off was because chandler riggs had a disagreement with the producers. it should've been Judith instead. it still would've been sad but they killed off the biggest co star on the show. they had him survive getting shot by a hunter , almost getting raped by nomads, getting shot in the eye and two brushes with negan just to kill him off.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

the only reason they killed carl off was because chandler riggs had a disagreement with the producers. it should've been Judith instead. it still would've been sad but they killed off the biggest co star on the show. they had him survive getting shot by a hunter , almost getting raped by nomads, getting shot in the eye and two brushes with negan just to kill him off.

Wasn't it because Gimple wanted to fix the plot hole in the comic about

Spoiler

Anyway I read somewhere that they won't kill Judith because of Audience Induced Apathy, good things need to happen to the characters and Judith represents those good things supposedly.

• DOOM! likes this

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:23 PM

Spoiler

Of course, she's cute and all that but she is not a character that people watch the show for.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:21 AM

Who knows, maybe it's the one decision that ruined the show for good. From now on, the show can't follow in the footsteps of the comics anymore. It's completely it's own thing from now on.

it always has been. anyone who has/is reading the comics and watching the show know this. Obviously there's source material, but it has been its own thing for a while now.

Really weird killing off Carl. I know a few people who "are done" with the show. I've invested some years into this show, and no matter how bad it becomes I'll still be watching it to the bitter end. Really interested to see what happens with Morgan and Rick this season... honestly thought that Morgan was going to bite the dust, but we shall see.

Samcrow
  • Samcrow

It's about to be pee pee pants city here REAL soon.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:23 PM Edited by Samcrow, 28 February 2018 - 05:50 PM.

Whats gonna happen with
SPOILER WARNING
Spoiler
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:51 AM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 01 March 2018 - 01:53 AM.

I heard Lauren Cohan is possibly leaving the show next season, which would be disastrous considering her role in the next story arc. This could quickly become a dumpster fire without Maggie or Carl next season.

http://tvline.com/20...g-walking-dead/

If this does indeed happen, I hope

Spoiler

Otter
  • Otter

Retireded Staff

• The Connection
  • Canada

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:03 AM Edited by Otter, 01 March 2018 - 02:04 AM.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Kirkman was talking about integrating that storyline...

But, really, they keep doing this - poaching story-beats from the comic, and cramming them into current events. It's kinda frustrating, because then they have to turn around and repeat 'em in the show, so you get that drama with the guy chained in the shed in season two and then again when the comic moment finally makes it to TV, Jesus in the shed in whatever season that was; the same dilemna. If you've read the comics lately you'll know that Carl went out exactly like another long term character, far in the future. It's kinda frustrating.

I really only watch the show out of obligation now. I mean, it's still more fun than 90% of the other stuff on cable, but god DAMN do they need to stop pretending to be an indie film and sort out some bloody character motivations.

Jimmy
  • Jimmy

• Best Jimmys
  • India
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster in Movies / TV 2017
    Best Jimmy
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:57 AM

I heard Lauren Cohan is possibly leaving the show next season, which would be disastrous considering her role in the next story arc. This could quickly become a dumpster fire without Maggie or Carl next season.

http://tvline.com/20...g-walking-dead/

If this does indeed happen, I hope

Spoiler

I certainly hope that she (Lauren) decides to continue a recurring role. There was some talk earlier about Danai Gurira leaving the show. Not sure how concrete it is. I'm a bit unsure atm about watching the next season. Carl's fate was a bit unexpected and I was certainly hoping that they'd keep Riggs for another season considering how much his character has faced and survived since the 2nd Season.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:24 AM

with the show somewhat following the footsteps of the comic it's making the whole situation worse. the Story in the comic is on another level, the TV show has its boundaries it can't cross. if only HBO got their hands on this it wouldn't be a problem, imo. but I gave up thinking the show was a direct adaptation during the second season.

fear the walking dead is the red headed step child of this franchise and has had a lot of angst with it... and honestly it has surpassed TWD in quality as far as the past season or two goes.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:13 AM

I became an ardent watcher when I had my sister's DirecTV access, and they were DVR'ing it, however, they lost interest but not me. I followed the branch off Fear The Walking Dead as well, but into the third season I lost a bit of interest.

I came back here lurking to see if Steven Ogg discussions were up as soon as we saw him appear as a head Savior... I just wonder what happened since no one but me seemed to notice.

It's great casting because he seems to play very close to an alternative (think brother, or just as evil twin) as his persona in GTA5

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:15 AM Edited by fashion, 05 March 2018 - 04:33 PM.

Oh Trevor's performance it definetly one of the highlights of the last two seasons. Today's episode included.

It was probably the best
Spoiler

I've heard in my entire life. Need a short vid/gif of that asap.

Happens halfway through this video:

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:11 AM

I look forward to Simon going all Trevor on Negen

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

The last episode was cruel. I still hate how they killed off Carl but it seems like the show can go on without him..

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Spoiler

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 4 weeks ago.

This week's episode was pretty solid, but it pains me to know we still have four more episodes to go. They've dragged this conflict out long enough and I'm just ready for it to be over. Sixteen episodes a season is just too many. I'd take 10 good, focused episodes over 16 with a bunch a filler thrown in.

Spoiler

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 3 weeks ago.

By the gods, the writing in e13 was terrible. I didn't expect to be this disappointed.

Spoiler

Honestly, it was all so f*cking dumb. I wish I would've known sooner and didn't need to watch it.
  • iBUCKEYE likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm just ready for this arc to be over. It's really dragging at this point and next week looks like another filler episode.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't mind filler as much as others. Never read the comics so I don't even know exactly what filler is and what not lol. I'd defend the last seasons of TWD where others hate on it but that last episode has to be the worst episode I've watched so far.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 3 weeks ago.

^The whole thing with the Saviors attacking the Hilltop and them using the car headlights is straight out of the comics. The walkers getting the jump on the Hilltop I think was less dramatic in the comics. I'm genuinely worried they're not going to be able to wrap up this whole war in just three more episodes. Negan needs to come back asap.

And I would recommend you read the comics too, they're really great. They have about 90% of the issues released thus far available in three "Compendium" collections that have 48 issues each. I have them all and now I'm patiently waiting for them to release the fourth.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yeah, everyone who read the comics can't recommend them enough. I really have to get started someday, maybe once this season is over. I admit though, comic books were never my kind of thing. I never went through a comic before, with the exception of those from children's magazines from when I was a kid.

E14 was very good. Morgan, Rick, Negan and the trash lady had some serious character development going on. It was a joy to watch it.
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users