The Walking Dead

2,773 replies to this topic
That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

Is it just me or does this season feel really long?

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

I'm guessing most of the problem with this season is that it's rather slow, kinda like season 5. I'm more okay with this season though since it's obviously building up to the War arc whereas season 5 was just kinda messing about in the woods.

Also, thanks to Talking Dead last night, we now know Trevor Philips would probably not survive in TWD's world.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:06 PM

Well The Walking Dead isn't meant to be about zombies in the first place. It's about mankind's psychological downfall after the apocalypse.

yeah I know.

but zombies were still a thing that the characters had to deal with.

the fact that the world is covered with zombies is the underlying premise for everything that happens. suddenly they don't seem to matter anymore. they're completely inconsequential to anything. it just kinda sucks. if you wanted to do a show about people walking around looking for food and periodically fighting with each other then you could've just rebooted LOST. earlier in the show, I thought one of the big plot points was supposed to be the mystery about why people began turning into zombies in the first place. but they've totally abandoned that part of the story. it would be a cool thing to explore but I've stopped holding my breath. we're never going to get an answer.

it's painfully boring now.

they spend way too much time on sh/t that doesn't matter. the group never seems to get anywhere or learn anything. the suspenseful entertainment of the first several seasons has been slowly replaced by tedious knuckle-dragging. the characters seem to be getting stupider as they get older.

• Spaghetti Cat and That Guy There like this

xxi
  • xxi

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:17 AM Edited by XXI, 21 March 2017 - 07:18 AM.

Rosita pisses me off a little bit more every time I see her miserable f*cking face, she's behaving like a dumb c*nt.

• That Guy There likes this

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:56 PM Edited by Mukkus, 21 March 2017 - 08:57 PM.

Well The Walking Dead isn't meant to be about zombies in the first place. It's about mankind's psychological downfall after the apocalypse.

yeah I know.

but zombies were still a thing that the characters had to deal with.

the fact that the world is covered with zombies is the underlying premise for everything that happens. suddenly they don't seem to matter anymore. they're completely inconsequential to anything. it just kinda sucks. if you wanted to do a show about people walking around looking for food and periodically fighting with each other then you could've just rebooted LOST. earlier in the show, I thought one of the big plot points was supposed to be the mystery about why people began turning into zombies in the first place. but they've totally abandoned that part of the story. it would be a cool thing to explore but I've stopped holding my breath. we're never going to get an answer.

it's painfully boring now.

they spend way too much time on sh/t that doesn't matter. the group never seems to get anywhere or learn anything. the suspenseful entertainment of the first several seasons has been slowly replaced by tedious knuckle-dragging. the characters seem to be getting stupider as they get older.

I'm thinking that the zombies simply degrading and falling apart after a  spell has a lot to do with their being relegated into the background. You'll notice how many are trapped in muddy ravines, etc, or even being eaten by wild animals... Mostly anyone living knows now how to kill them, so they really aren't the threat and horror that they once were. 

Id like more flashbacks such as Lost had, giving us more a glimpse of peoples past lives, and what motivates them. I really didn't want to see people getting smoked practically weekly like on OZ or Game of Thrones.. 

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:58 PM Edited by That Guy There, 21 March 2017 - 10:05 PM.

I for one would welcome someone getting killed off every week, but that's just me lol. The show has too many characters and a lot of them just aren't interesting.
  • darthYENIK likes this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:54 AM Edited by D9fred95, 22 March 2017 - 03:55 AM.

I for one would welcome someone getting killed off every week, but that's just me lol. The show has too many characters and a lot of them just aren't interesting.

Maybe not every week. It would feel like it'd be trying too hard to shock the audience. No point in getting attached to any character or their arc if they will immediately die.

• Mukkus likes this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

Walking dead, next week sh*t is about to go south

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:21 PM

This season has been painfully slow. There are way too many episodes focusing on characters I either don't give a sh*t about or hate. I was hoping that the Oceanside episode with Tara early on this season was just going to be one rotten apple that WOULDN'T spoil the bunch, but then we get sh*t like that Sasha and Rosita episode last week. Rosita is f*cking horrible, she has the most insufferable personality and I can't help but want to see her die.

I finally finished reading The Walking Dead Compendium Volume Three and now I'm ahead of the show by a fair margin. What strikes me as odd is that the whole scene in Sasha's cell where the guy was about to rape her is from the All Out War arc and not March to War which is where the show is right now. Judging by next week's promo and what I know from the comics, we'll be leaving the season on a relatively high note thankfully.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:07 AM Edited by DOOM!, 29 March 2017 - 04:08 AM.

I wouldn't hold your breath. The comic is obviously the source material, but it's on its own. I have a funny feeling, like most of the show, sh*t is going to be way different in the show with all out war...

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

Well.... meh

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

That finale was meh. 

Really hope S8 picks it up.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:52 AM

Wasn't as meh as S5's though. That's good.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:42 AM

This season just took so long to get here. It should've took half a season to get to All Out War. But they dragged on and on. They need to cut each season of this show down to 10 episodes. Ten really good tight episodes.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:58 AM

I'm only watching because of Negan, KILL HIM ALREADY, STOP DRAGGING IT OUT

SammyPlaygirl
  • SammyPlaygirl

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

Rosita pisses me off a little bit more every time I see her miserable f*cking face, she's behaving like a dumb c*nt.

haha me too

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:29 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 03 April 2017 - 06:15 PM.

I'm only watching because of Negan, KILL HIM ALREADY, STOP DRAGGING IT OUT

if they are going the way of the comic book series
Spoiler
they'll be at war but they won't be bowing down to him anymore.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:32 PM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 03 April 2017 - 04:32 PM.

Hey guys, at least there's no way they can f*ck up All Out War next season, right? I mean, right? Guys? :(

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

Remember, guys, use spoiler tags on comic spoilers.

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond creativity

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2013 [No Age Limit]

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

I for one really enjoyed the finale as much as I enjoyed it in the comics.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

I hope they don't kill off Simon, I want to see more of him.
  • Piggsy pls and Travedge like this

xxi
  • xxi

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:10 AM

wait  last night's episode was a finale?

it was a good episode but I was under the impression it was a penultimate or something

lame!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:34 AM

I was saying to myself that this week's episode should've been last week's.
  • iBUCKEYE likes this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:09 PM

I hope they don't kill off Simon, I want to see more of him.

Yeah, he's like Trevor if Trevor had mental stability. Dunno if that'd make him more or less dangerous though.

• Payne Killer likes this

EasyTiger
  • EasyTiger

Human After All

• Zaibatsu
  • Unknown

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

Finale was okay, way too much Sasha for me though. I'm sure after that episode she has plenty more fans but I always found her facial twitching and general bad acting so annoying.

Next seasons is really going to have to hit the ground running to make up for how slow this season was, I understand you have to develop character arcs but you could of probably fitted six of the fifteen episodes in to one.  

• iBUCKEYE likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

This season just took so long to get here. It should've took half a season to get to All Out War. But they dragged on and on. They need to cut each season of this show down to 10 episodes. Ten really good tight episodes.

I kind of feel the opposite here. They should have built this up with more time devoted to each side's stories. It felt to me like they rushed it all and it was kind of a clusterf*ck, some episodes would have been better as double episodes, I reckon. 

For me, this season was actually a pretty strong one, I think I'm in a very small minority here though. 

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:41 PM

I think I read somewhere of a rumor that Season 8 may have a timeskip, probably the premiere, since the comics had one.

Makes sense I guess, it'd be pretty narmy to have the legendary Negan die after one month of meeting the group. 

MuntyJack
  • MuntyJack

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:25 PM

i started to watch it recently and it's a horrible tv show

anhdepzai2468
  • anhdepzai2468

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:26 AM

just want to know who's gonna survive after all

Night Machine
  • Night Machine

1980's Time Traveler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

i started to watch it recently and it's a horrible tv show

I started recently myself and I'm on season 3.  It's not very well written and is pretty boring for the most part but yet I keep watching.  I guess I'm just waiting for it to get better?  None of the characters have captured me and when/if they die off I have not & will not be affected.  I've been a big fan of Zombie things since the 1980's so it's not like it's just not a genre I don't care for and trying to get into.  My rating of it so far is "okay but nothing special".   :yawn:   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users