The Walking Dead

2,739 replies to this topic
That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Is it just me or does this season feel really long?

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I'm guessing most of the problem with this season is that it's rather slow, kinda like season 5. I'm more okay with this season though since it's obviously building up to the War arc whereas season 5 was just kinda messing about in the woods.

Also, thanks to Talking Dead last night, we now know Trevor Philips would probably not survive in TWD's world.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted A week ago

Well The Walking Dead isn't meant to be about zombies in the first place. It's about mankind's psychological downfall after the apocalypse.

yeah I know.

but zombies were still a thing that the characters had to deal with.

the fact that the world is covered with zombies is the underlying premise for everything that happens. suddenly they don't seem to matter anymore. they're completely inconsequential to anything. it just kinda sucks. if you wanted to do a show about people walking around looking for food and periodically fighting with each other then you could've just rebooted LOST. earlier in the show, I thought one of the big plot points was supposed to be the mystery about why people began turning into zombies in the first place. but they've totally abandoned that part of the story. it would be a cool thing to explore but I've stopped holding my breath. we're never going to get an answer.

it's painfully boring now.

they spend way too much time on sh/t that doesn't matter. the group never seems to get anywhere or learn anything. the suspenseful entertainment of the first several seasons has been slowly replaced by tedious knuckle-dragging. the characters seem to be getting stupider as they get older.

• That Guy There likes this

XXI
  • XXI

We the leaders.

• Daily Globe
  • Wales
  • Best New Member 2015

Posted A week ago Edited by XXI, A week ago.

Rosita pisses me off a little bit more every time I see her miserable f*cking face, she's behaving like a dumb c*nt.

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Mukkus, A week ago.

Well The Walking Dead isn't meant to be about zombies in the first place. It's about mankind's psychological downfall after the apocalypse.

yeah I know.

but zombies were still a thing that the characters had to deal with.

the fact that the world is covered with zombies is the underlying premise for everything that happens. suddenly they don't seem to matter anymore. they're completely inconsequential to anything. it just kinda sucks. if you wanted to do a show about people walking around looking for food and periodically fighting with each other then you could've just rebooted LOST. earlier in the show, I thought one of the big plot points was supposed to be the mystery about why people began turning into zombies in the first place. but they've totally abandoned that part of the story. it would be a cool thing to explore but I've stopped holding my breath. we're never going to get an answer.

it's painfully boring now.

they spend way too much time on sh/t that doesn't matter. the group never seems to get anywhere or learn anything. the suspenseful entertainment of the first several seasons has been slowly replaced by tedious knuckle-dragging. the characters seem to be getting stupider as they get older.

I'm thinking that the zombies simply degrading and falling apart after a  spell has a lot to do with their being relegated into the background. You'll notice how many are trapped in muddy ravines, etc, or even being eaten by wild animals... Mostly anyone living knows now how to kill them, so they really aren't the threat and horror that they once were. 

Id like more flashbacks such as Lost had, giving us more a glimpse of peoples past lives, and what motivates them. I really didn't want to see people getting smoked practically weekly like on OZ or Game of Thrones.. 

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by That Guy There, A week ago.

I for one would welcome someone getting killed off every week, but that's just me lol. The show has too many characters and a lot of them just aren't interesting.
  • darthYENIK likes this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago Edited by D9fred95, A week ago.

I for one would welcome someone getting killed off every week, but that's just me lol. The show has too many characters and a lot of them just aren't interesting.

Maybe not every week. It would feel like it'd be trying too hard to shock the audience. No point in getting attached to any character or their arc if they will immediately die.

• Mukkus likes this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 days ago

Walking dead, next week sh*t is about to go south

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

This season has been painfully slow. There are way too many episodes focusing on characters I either don't give a sh*t about or hate. I was hoping that the Oceanside episode with Tara early on this season was just going to be one rotten apple that WOULDN'T spoil the bunch, but then we get sh*t like that Sasha and Rosita episode last week. Rosita is f*cking horrible, she has the most insufferable personality and I can't help but want to see her die.

I finally finished reading The Walking Dead Compendium Volume Three and now I'm ahead of the show by a fair margin. What strikes me as odd is that the whole scene in Sasha's cell where the guy was about to rape her is from the All Out War arc and not March to War which is where the show is right now. Judging by next week's promo and what I know from the comics, we'll be leaving the season on a relatively high note thankfully.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by DOOM!, A day ago.

I wouldn't hold your breath. The comic is obviously the source material, but it's on its own. I have a funny feeling, like most of the show, sh*t is going to be way different in the show with all out war...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users