The Walking Dead

2,547 replies to this topic
Pico
  • Pico

cinnamon ropes

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:07 PM

You need some extra-spoiler tags or something, lol. I don't want to hear possible plots lines from the "source material," or comics I'm assuming.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:52 PM

Anybody else feel they're bringing us the CDC base a bit too early? So far, Rick has been reunited with his family, made two trips to Atlanta, seen a nursing home run by pseudo gangsters, witnessed his group get eaten alive[spoiler] and now he's [spoiler]found an underground government base. I get that the reason we're following Rick and not Fat Wife Beater or Bearded Old Man because interesting stuff happens to him, but it feels really out of place considering that the entire first season so far has consisted of primitive ways of surviving the geeks, and now this bomb is dropped on us. Government conspiracies really could've waited until season 2.

By the way, does Bearded Old Man have a name yet?

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• Funny pics dealer
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010
    Best Cluckin' Huge Meal 2015

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Nov 30 2010, 18:52)
By the way, does Bearded Old Man have a name yet?

QUOTE (TWD cast listing)

Jeffrey DeMunn as "Dale".

I agree that a lot was forced into a few episodes but that's pretty much the end result of having your opening season be 6 episodes.

Bad Call AMC.

Wordsworth
  • Wordsworth

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Pico @ Nov 30 2010, 15:07)
You need some extra-spoiler tags or something, lol. I don't want to hear possible plots lines from the "source material," or comics I'm assuming.

How can I spoiler a spoiler tag? rolleyes.gif lol

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:39 PM Edited by makeshyft, 01 December 2010 - 03:15 PM.

Adagio in D Minor. ARE YOU f*ckING KIDDING ME?

Otter's heard me rant about this piece of music before, but I'll elaborate for the rest of you. I usually call it 'that music from Sunshine'. So unbelievably overused that it essentially says, "Hey guys, I have no f*cking idea what music to put here, so here's something that has been used to create a sense of profundity and sadness in a thousand other films, shows and trailers."

I actually groaned so hard when it started playing that I sprained a muscle in my chest.

ARGH. Highschool bullsh*t. It's 'Lux Aeterna' all over again (which was used in the Sunshine trailer, btw).

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Nov 29 2010, 22:14)
I wanna see them struggling with redefining murder.

Yes.

I just got to that part. Really good writing, the series of events after Dexter gets shot is interesting. If the prison is completely left out of the show, I'll lose all interest in this.

Wordsworth
  • Wordsworth

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (makeshyft @ Dec 1 2010, 14:39)

Otter's heard me rant about this piece of music before, but I'll elaborate for the rest of you. I usually call it 'that music from Sunshine'. So unbelievably overused that it essentially says, "Hey guys, I have no f*cking idea what music to put here, so here's something that has been used to create a sense of profundity and sadness in a thousand other films, shows and trailers."

Oh you mean like on f*cking Platoon? One of the most overrated and overused musical compositions ever. It also significantly downgrades Platoon as a film in my eyes because of its lack of creativity with the music. It's the same chorus from Adagio played over and over and over and over.

meta187
  • meta187

• Funny pics dealer
  • None

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:41 PM Edited by meta187, 02 December 2010 - 03:35 AM.

QUOTE (makeshyft @ Dec 1 2010, 14:39)
It's 'Lux Aeterna' all over again

Exactly what I was going to go to.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:06 AM

So news is, I'm reading it on Deadline, that showrunner Frank Darabont has fired the writers of the show and is looking to assign scripts to freelancers for the next season.

What the sh*t? ...

Wordsworth
  • Wordsworth

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Dec 2 2010, 02:06)
So news is, I'm reading it on Deadline, that showrunner Frank Darabont has fired the writers of the show and is looking to assign scripts to freelancers for the next season.

What the sh*t? ...

Darabont knows what he's doing so I must say I'm surprised but hopeful if this is the case. The dialogue in the most recent episode was god awful, and the plot threads are going all over the place. They have really raped the source material and I can't find any good reason as to why.

Can you give us a link with some more info?

Pico
  • Pico

cinnamon ropes

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:39 PM

I could see this as a good thing. Hopefully he gets a solid writing staff for the next season.

He may have had to take who he could get for the first season, and since it's a hit he's looking to clean house and get some more skilled writers. I'll agree the dialogue has been a bit sh*tty. Although, it's not too noticeable as the storyline and cinematography over shadows it.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (makeshyft @ Dec 1 2010, 16:39)

I actually groaned so hard when it started playing that I sprained a muscle in my chest.

ARGH. Highschool bullsh*t. It's 'Lux Aeterna' all over again (which was used in the Sunshine trailer, btw).

If it wasn't so overused it would be OK. But everyone uses it nowadays it's insane. Surely they could have made their own music. And it didn't even fit the moment if you ask me.

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:27 PM

It didn't seem to fit the moment because you can't help but notice it. It's too familiar. A good score or choice of backing music should blend itself seamlessly into the onscreen action. You shouldn't be conscious of it. But because this particular song has been used to death, they may as well have chosen f*cking 'Girls On Film' or some sh*t.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

I don't get why they had to go and use some overused tune when Bear McCreary's original work is pretty good. I'm sure he could've though of something to fit the moment himself.

I'm a sucker for Adagio for Strings, though, overused or not.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

Horny

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:56 PM

I sensed after a couple of episodes this could go the way of Lost. Leaving mystery is one thing (The Sopranos Russian mystery was class) but the plot to The Walking Dead does seem to be all over the place. Hope they resolve this sh*t.

And the CDC thing seems very strange indeed. Even the way they introduced it was very random. The story seems both rushed and slow paced at the same time; how f*cking long were they camped in that place and just how little actually happend?

Potential for a good show is slowly diminishing. I said this may keep me amused until Breaking Bad season 3 comes but it's a poor substitute.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:06 AM

Funny that you mentioned LOST. I was thinking how the show could benefit with some flashbacks of what was going on before the apocalypse.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Dec 4 2010, 17:06)
Funny that you mentioned LOST. I was thinking how the show could benefit with some flashbacks of what was going on before the apocalypse.

....nah. The show could benefit from some more zombies.

Yeah, when that music hit I literally laughed. I mean, come on. It's just goofy.

Such potential... it's sad to see it circling the drain. I hope we see no more jeffes protecting nursing homes, and certainly no government conspiracies.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

Horny

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:54 AM

More zombies. Now there's an idea Otter. First episode the zombies all kinda had personalities, like the bitch by the bike and the guys in the street when Rick first arrived in Atlanta. Now they're all just faceless targets. Maybe that's better, I dunno. But they could mix up the kills a bit; how many times do we have to see Daryl shoot one in the head with a crossbow? You have shotguns! USE THEM!

/rant

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Dec 5 2010, 12:54)
But they could mix up the kills a bit; how many times do we have to see Daryl shoot one in the head with a crossbow? You have shotguns! USE THEM!

They use the crossbow to reduce noise and attract less attention from the walkers.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:10 AM

I wanna see Rick start axing them. That's not too much to ask for, aye? tounge.gif

meta187
  • meta187

• Funny pics dealer
  • None

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Sauron. @ Dec 5 2010, 01:57)
But they could mix up the kills a bit; how many times do we have to see Daryl shoot one in the head with a crossbow? You have shotguns! USE THEM!

They use the crossbow to reduce noise and attract less attention from the walkers.

Yea they referred to shooting a gun in a zombie occupied zone as "ringing the dinner bell" in an earlier episode so that bit makes sense.

I do like how they keep ammo consumption in the forefront of your mind because a group of 20 zombies coming at you when you only have 15 rounds still makes you lunch at the end of the day.

I'm not ready to give up on this show just yet, I haven't been dissapointed by anything enough to not want to watch the next episode.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:28 AM

Seeing as Darryl reuses bows, wouldn't that Mexican dude he shot in the ass get infected with zombie blood, and f*cking wreck the nursing home?

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:35 AM Edited by makeshyft, 05 December 2010 - 03:38 AM.

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Dec 5 2010, 13:28)
Seeing as Darryl reuses bows, wouldn't that Mexican dude he shot in the ass get infected with zombie blood, and f*cking wreck the nursing home?

I think you'll find he reuses bolts.

He only has the one crossbow.

(Don't stress, I know it was just a brainfart, Monte.)

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:45 AM

I hate you like fat people hate exercise.

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Dec 5 2010, 13:45)
I hate you like fat people hate exercise.

wink.gif

So, what are we expecting for the finale? Big gummint hoo-hah, I suppose. I am finding it hard to care about the direction of the show at all. I don't dislike it, I just don't care. In a way, that's worse.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Dec 4 2010, 19:28)

Comic spoiler, Don.

infections are generally only fatal when someone gets a serious bite wound... At least where I'm up to in the books, they've discovered that everyone who dies, bitten or not, come back undead.

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:52 AM

I probably should have mentioned how f*cking pissed off I was with the direction the show is taking. It's already been mentioned but a f*cking secret science lair. Come on.

No wonder all the writers were fired.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Sauron. @ Dec 5 2010, 05:52)
It's already been mentioned but a f*cking secret science lair. Come on.

Yeah, it would be nice if season 2 went back to being about hicks trying to survive the end of the world.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:23 PM

Well, I'm just holding out hope that the the dude at the CDC is just a single mad scientist. Could be a fun character. I just wish Rick was a smarter survivor. Heading back into the city? For real? With your child in tow?

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

Horny

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Sauron. @ Dec 5 2010, 01:57)

Yeah I suppose. Maybe I'm just a gore-freak haha.

Rick needs to get himself The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks tbh.

I can't see them staying at the CDC that long. Must be low on supplies surely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users