Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Walking Dead

1,532 replies to this topic
jelly
  • jelly

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

I like how this show is turning out. I was afraid it was gonna turn into Lost 2 with the camp scenes and family drama - but they've added just enough to give the characters faces, names and personalities. I guess we'll have to wait for seasons 2 and 3 for stuff to drag out endlessly and each episode containing endless food collection drama scenes. tounge.gif

[SM]CJZera
  • [SM]CJZera

<Subject Name Here>

• Members

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:02 AM

Holy crap... this episode was awesome...

I too was thinking the series was going down already then BAM, the whole zombie attack and stuff, so awesome... The meeting with the hispanic dudes was also great... I thought blood was going to spill in any second...

But much like the rest of us, I was hoping they would put a bullet in that girl's brain... I would have done it...

I think they should move the camp to a boat... only landing to get water and food (If they can't fish/water is salty)

Pico
  • Pico

cinnamon ropes

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:31 AM

Great episode!
I also like the fact that the camp got hit with an attack, keeps it fresh and shows us they're not making that place a complete safe zone. I have a feeling they'll be moving soon.

Also, loved the situation with the gangbangers. I got so pissed at that kid for yelling then even more pissed when those other gangbangers came up and took Glenn. And the exchange was pretty f*cking intense.

Disliked the whole crying scene at the end. I understand the horrible feeling but honestly I could give a sh*t less. We haven't been presented enough to give a f*ck if her sister died, and honestly I don't eve like that lady (who's sister died). Something about her just annoys me, I don't like pretty much any scene with her in it.

Oh, and watch Lori's expression for the few seconds during that scene. It's probably the WORST "oh my god!" face I've ever seen. Overly shocked.

As usual, can't wait for the next episode.

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:30 AM

What the hell was up with the last line? Awful. Yes, we now get why that daft c*nt was digging the holes, and what his dream was about. No need to bash us over the head with it.

Skins
  • Skins

Steal your face

• The Precinct

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:02 AM

This show has been pretty awesome so far. I can't believe there are so many good television shows on right now.

Master Headhunter
  • Master Headhunter

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:52 AM

As said before in above posts and ones from last week is that I honestly don't give two sh*ts for most anybody outside the main cast, which basically is everyone up to and including the 2nd show.
It just seems like they decided to f*ck the character development and expect us to actually care if people die or get bit or something else terrible. But in actuality I'm thining they are trying rush the sh*t out of it because of the short season, but it's just ruining the new (post show 2) characters by doing that.
Shame they couldn't have gotten ordered more episodes for the opening season, because I think having longer to develop the characters and there relationships would make all the difference.

But aside from the shovel guy the episode was good, odd how that coincides with the main cast more or less.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:21 AM

Kind of disappointed with how the last ep turned out differently from the comics, for a couple of reasons.

First off, there should have been more disagreement between Shane and Rick about moving the camp. With Shane (ignorantly) believing they should wait there until "the guberments" comes back to help, and Rick thinking they should move on and take care of themselves. That way Amy's (and the other people's) deaths actually mean something, as they get most people behind Rick and away from Shane.

Also, there could have been more of the whole Amy+Andrea+Dale vs Carol thing, as in the comics Andrea is one of my favorite characters, and it would have been nice to see their whole story, and the dynamics between them fleshed out a bit more.

Seriously though, in the comics Andrea, Rick, and Michonne (another character that hasn't come up yet) are the only ones I'd trust enough for me to get some sleep while they kept an eye on things. Everyone else seemed either useless, or too retarded to handle anything.

Still not disappointed with the series as a whole, but it would have been nice if it didn't feel like these people died for nothing, as compared to it feeling like they died to advance the story.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (makeshyft @ Nov 23 2010, 06:30)
What the hell was up with the last line? Awful. Yes, we now get why that daft c*nt was digging the holes, and what his dream was about. No need to bash us over the head with it.

Hah, I'm glad they at least didn't mention bites and the "no crying rule" at the end.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Nov 23 2010, 09:55)
Hah, I'm glad they at least didn't mention bites and the "no crying rule" at the end.

I might have literally chucked a boot, full force at my flatscreen if that were the case.

Imagining her, looking up at her sister weakly saying, "No crying in the ...b-b-boat...it sc-scares away the ffffff-fa-fa-fishessss" and then expiring would have made me laugh inappropriately or rage at the writers for forcing corn up my anus. Either way, SO glad they did not.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (makeshyft @ Nov 23 2010, 05:30)

Jim is a f*cking keeper. He can see into the future! Some Dead Zone type sh*t right there.

I heard some people theorizing that Merl led the zombies to the camp. That sounds totally ridiculous.

[SM]CJZera
  • [SM]CJZera

<Subject Name Here>

• Members

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

Yea, Merl would more likely go over there and kill them with his own hands... or at least attempt to... Or so I assume from what we've seen...

Still, even if the deaths meant nothing, it gave a sense that everyone can die, and that no place is safe from the walkers... But I was kind of expecting a walker or two to show up after the shovel guy was staring the trees for a long time... Just didn't expect such a big group...

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE ([SM)
CJZera,Nov 23 2010, 11:00] Yea, Merl would more likely go over there and kill them with his own hands... or at least attempt to... Or so I assume from what we've seen...

Still, even if the deaths meant nothing, it gave a sense that everyone can die, and that no place is safe from the walkers... But I was kind of expecting a walker or two to show up after the shovel guy was staring the trees for a long time... Just didn't expect such a big group...

His only hand. tounge.gif

I actually felt sorry for the blonde chick, I liked her. sad.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Nov 23 2010, 20:42)
QUOTE ([SM)
CJZera,Nov 23 2010, 11:00] Yea, Merl would more likely go over there and kill them with his own hands... or at least attempt to... Or so I assume from what we've seen...

His only hand. tounge.gif

I actually felt sorry for the blonde chick, I liked her. sad.gif

Yeah me too sad.gif

[SM]CJZera
  • [SM]CJZera

<Subject Name Here>

• Members

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:27 PM

I didn't really get to like her, but I still liked most of the group enough not to get killed by walkers like that...

I also bet that severed hand will make another appearance in the future... perhaps even when only the bones remain...

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

I kinda figured that one of the sisters was gonna die from the opening scene. Still, it was pretty brutal. Like [SM]CJZera said, it shows anyone can die.

Anyone else think Rick and guys made it back to camp surprisingly fast? tounge.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

Argh missed Episode 3 last week, thank god my channel showed both latest episodes back to back.

I actually liked Episode 3, at least it took a nice break from all those zombie killings. But yeah the ending was cliché.

Then Episode 4 just exploded and it was awesome! I’m starting to like Jim, I thought he was going to be some underused character but then he just cracked and got interesting. The gangmembers was too intense! I thought Rick and the other guys were going to gun them all down. Then came the grandma and I was like WTF? Then they were showing the other old people and I was even more WTF? Then the gang leader start explaining everything and it all made sense. With all that manpower, the survivors are better off living with the gang.

Then came my favourite scene of the episode. To see all the zombies f*cked some of the characters like that was brutal to watch. Watching Amy scream was painful really. I really wanted her to live longer given her childlike personality.

With all the sh*t that happened, it would be interesting to see the consequences on the next episode.

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:02 AM

I'm so glad that The Walking Dead tv series is starting to show signs of the Resident Evil story arch. bored.gif

what a load of sh*t.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:19 AM

I don't think this thing with the CDC is going to go much farther than this wacky recluse. Who.... I quite like, actually. He's a groovy character. I'm actually glad, in some respects, that the story is diverging from the comics. I just hope it doesn't go too far.

Not sure what they're planning on doing with Shane.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:29 AM

So I'm not the only one who thought Umbrella Corp. That's good.

Shane has definitely crossed the sane line. And the old man knows. I'm guessing he tells Rick in the next episode (season finale).

I really wanna see Merl and/or the father and son before the season ends. Even if it's just a cameo.

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:38 AM

Wow, what a sh*t episode. I'm tired of these cliffhangers. Where's the guy with the missing hand? What happened to the guy who is by himself in the forest?

All this sh*t better be revealed on the final episode.

VideoPoker
  • VideoPoker

Boss

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:58 AM Edited by VideoPoker, 29 November 2010 - 02:28 PM.

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Nov 29 2010, 00:29)
Shane has definitely crossed the sane line. And the old man knows.

It's kind of funny. My brother and I were talking about Shane and the way he was acting right after Rick came back to his family. My brother feels like Shane is going to be a major conflict character and I even heard him shout "I told you so!" from his room during that moment in the woods. But I feel like it's not too late for Shane to get his sh*t together.

Also, dunno about you guys but I see the final episode revolving around trying to get back to the bitten guy (Jim?) to retrieve another fresh sample of whatever the bunker dude was studying.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:39 AM

I liked the episode but would like to see how a few of these loose thread side characters ended up as well.

The next episode looks like a bit of a mess and they're going to have to fit a lot of random sh*t into it. I'm kind of glad I haven't read the comics just yet or I may be feeling some of the continuity and storyline change burn I'm detecting here from others. I definitely will between seasons though so I can be properly pissed for Season 2.

Shane turning into the ultimate douchebag could play itself out in an interesting fashion, seems like he's just looking for an excuse to sidestep his guilt at this point.

Wordsworth
  • Wordsworth

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:28 AM

The guy who plays Shane always has the same look on his face. Like a mix of constipation and extreme seriousness. Like George Eads

user posted image

I still enjoy all the zombie action and the intensity of the action scenes, but there was little of that in this recent ep. This last episode's dialogue and acting were lacking in my opinion. The story threads are all over the place and it will be difficult to bring any sort of connectivity in the season finale. They can't leave things as open as they are after tonight's ep. We will see what they do.

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

My buddy is letting me borrow all ten volumes and I just finished the second. It does bother me a little that the story line is begining to differ from the comics. And I think that a zombie apocalypse taking place during the winter is more interesting than it taking place during the summer.

Like someone mentioned above, they need to really tie up all these loose ends. I have a feeling this final episode is going to be messy. No pun intended.

[SM]CJZera
  • [SM]CJZera

<Subject Name Here>

• Members

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:02 AM

I hope I'm not the only one who thought of a L4D finale at the door scene...

But the chapter wasn't that bad all in all... I do wonder what will happen with Morgan though, with all those unanswered calls...

And I think I'll end up liking that lab guy... I bet there's gonna be another RPG quest-like moment with the guy telling the others to go get fresh samples

Pico
  • Pico

cinnamon ropes

• Zaibatsu

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:46 AM

Not big on Resident Evil so I can't relate to the comparison. I'm assuming, from this last episode, that it has to do with a chemical company/CDC like company trying to fix the virus? Or possibly being the cause of it? If that's the case, I would agree if it's the latter guess I had. It would be pretty lame if the virus was man made. I could see it getting pretty boring with everyone focusing on how it's horrible it was made and them sh*tting bricks over it for too long

I did like this episode though, and I f*cking hate cliffhangers because I hate waiting an entire week. And if I'm not mistaken, the next episode is the last one until next season, right?

Still enjoying this show, can't wait to see more!

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:14 AM

I don't know if any of you have ever seen survivors, but they kinda did the same thing with the remake of that. Instead of focusing on the survival aspects - the real exciting sh*t, if you ask me - the new series started to reveal a secret government plot.

And government plots are better left in the pre-apocalyptic world, where Mulder and Scully can deal with them. I wanna see people setting up defense from the zombies. I wanna see them struggling with redefining murder.

To bring up the comics, once again... I'm really not digging all these temporary characters we're being introduced to. It's too close to story-of-the-week television. Really not necessary, especially given the source material.

Wordsworth
  • Wordsworth

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:40 AM

The source material is f*cking rad on its own. They really didn't have to change much and I wonder why they felt they had to. Will they go that farm house and live for awhile? Will they find the abandoned neighborhood and camp out only to be run out by the dead? Will they shack up in the old prison? All those moments are so cool and I feel like they're completely getting away from it.

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (Wordsworth @ Nov 30 2010, 21:40)
The source material is f*cking rad on its own. They really didn't have to change much and I wonder why they felt they had to. Will they go that farm house and live for awhile? Will they find the abandoned neighborhood and camp out only to be run out by the dead? Will they shack up in the old prison? All those moments are so cool and I feel like they're completely getting away from it.

I haven't read the source material but some of those scenarios sound pretty f*cking epic. Shacking up in an old abandoned prison would kick all kinds of ass.

Wordsworth
  • Wordsworth

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (Sauron. @ Nov 30 2010, 11:09)
QUOTE (Wordsworth @ Nov 30 2010, 21:40)

I haven't read the source material but some of those scenarios sound pretty f*cking epic. Shacking up in an old abandoned prison would kick all kinds of ass.

Oh yeah, they come upon it and get in some pretty brutal one on one fights with some undead and have to take out each section of the prison before they can live safely. The artwork is bad ass and there's a lot of sex. You should read it. I know a guy who can make that happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users