The Walking Dead

2,547 replies to this topic
Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

How many years has it been for the TV show survivors, now in the 4th Season, since the outbreak? Can they actually turn the tide if they make it to Washington?? I've got serious doubts all along, but like I said before deleting happened, AMC will rebroadcast this season next Saturday...back to back episode marathon leading up to the last new WD.

I'll be glued probably.

I also wondered upon seeing some user GTAV art, did anyone 'dead' the cast of GTA V for a fun art project?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

I don't think I could watch season 2 again it was so boring, I wish they would release a edited dvd version. 

Matty256
  • Matty256

CCLVI

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • R* Verified Race "The Gordo Run"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:27 PM Edited by Matty256, 26 March 2014 - 02:28 PM.

Spoiler

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

Yeah maybe not season 2. And maybe just a couple of the early episodes of season 1.

Spoiler

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:21 PM Edited by Slamman, 26 March 2014 - 03:24 PM.

The preview of next weeks episode was discussed on Talking Dead, Chris Hardwick said it's the only portion they could select that didn't give too much away, there's a lot to digest in the finale, so to speak, bad pun or play on words?!? hahaha

RE question from the previous page; I saw some of the black and white rebroadcast, but as I mentioned in the topic about black and white, I've never liked it, or mono audio. I am a major proponent of a lifelike experience, but I think Sense-O-rama tricks and vibrating seating is a bit too much for home or theatrical cinema.

I started in Black and White photography in the late 80s, as color is more complex, and I was taking Commercial Art, but I just have a real problem with anything shot in black and white. When you KNOW it was in color originally, seems even worse! I can see it completely from an artistic standpoint, and even for financial reasons. IIRC, Gilligan's Isle starting in 1964 had to use B & W for the budget,

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

It's an aesthetic choice. The cinematography in season one really lends itself well to black and white.

It's also a nod to the comics, which have always been black and white.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

How many years has it been for the TV show survivors, now in the 4th Season, since the outbreak? Can they actually turn the tide if they make it to Washington?? I've got serious doubts all along, but like I said before deleting happened, AMC will rebroadcast this season next Saturday...back to back episode marathon leading up to the last new WD.

I'll be glued probably.

I also wondered upon seeing some user GTAV art, did anyone 'dead' the cast of GTA V for a fun art project?

Judging by the state of the flowers and the stubble on his face, I'd say Rick was out from anywhere from one to three months. Let's call it two. It was never stated in the show or comics.

From leaving the hospital to escaping the research laboratory (basically season one) is a week at most.

As for season two, I'd say a month there, Shane's hair didn't grow back all that much and I recall hearing Hershel saying something about being upset that they've been living on his land for over a month. 

Lori's pregnancy is a good indicator of time passed into season three. I'd imagine she was knocked up right before Rick woke up. She was probably 9 months by the start of season 3 because she gave birth soon after taking the prison. So we subtract the week from season one and the month from season two, to get that they were on the road for about 7 1/2 months. 

Season 3 is a tricky one. The time passed isn't an important factor because they don't answer to a landlord like Hershel. I'd say Lori gave birth just a few days after the start of the season. Glenn and Maggie go out to get formula for Judith and are kidnapped by Merle. The process for getting them back form Woodbury is just a few days. So far we have about a week in season 3. At this point the Governor loses his eye and goes apesh*t. He starts training his camp to fight back and starts negotiations with Rick. Let's say two weeks for all of this up until the point where he attacks the prison. In total, I'd estimate a month at the VERY most for season 3.

Season 4 is even worse. The prison is now a full-fledged pseudo-civilization for about 50 people now and life seems really settled-down. They've managed to go out and recruit people from both Woodbury and on the road (like Bob), have plants and pigs, and even have a council now. This is just an ass-pull estimate, but I'd say it's been about 3 months. From the outbreak to the end of the prison is about a week at most. I'd say the groups have only been on the road for about a week now and I doubt "A" is going to be any longer than a single day.

Lets' recap:

-Season 1 (Rick getting shot to escaping the medical research facility) - 2 months, 1 week

-Season 2 (From being on the road to the invasion of Hershel's farm) - 1 month

-Season 2.5 (The timeskip) - 7 1/2 months

-Season 3 (Finding the prison to providing sanctuary for Woodbury's people) - 1 month

-Season 3.5 (Second timeskip) - 3 months

-Season 4 - 2 weeks

In total - 1 year, 3 months, 1 week

• Moonshield likes this

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:22 AM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 27 March 2014 - 02:23 AM.

Robert Kirkman has given a warning about the finale.

Spoiler

:panic: :panic: :panic:

The guy really knows how to hype up his own show.

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Spoiler

Oh snap. Do you think...

Spoiler

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:03 PM Edited by Secura, 27 March 2014 - 09:05 PM.

CLAIMED

Spoiler

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

I don't think I could watch season 2 again it was so boring, I wish they would release a edited dvd version.

What? Season 2 was my fav so far lol.

I'll be glued probably.

Judging by the state of the flowers and the stubble on his face, I'd say Rick was out from anywhere from one to three months. Let's call it two. It was never stated in the show or comics.

From leaving the hospital to escaping the research laboratory (basically season one) is a week at most.

As for season two, I'd say a month there, Shane's hair didn't grow back all that much and I recall hearing Hershel saying something about being upset that they've been living on his land for over a month. 

Lori's pregnancy is a good indicator of time passed into season three. I'd imagine she was knocked up right before Rick woke up. She was probably 9 months by the start of season 3 because she gave birth soon after taking the prison. So we subtract the week from season one and the month from season two, to get that they were on the road for about 7 1/2 months. 

Season 3 is a tricky one. The time passed isn't an important factor because they don't answer to a landlord like Hershel. I'd say Lori gave birth just a few days after the start of the season. Glenn and Maggie go out to get formula for Judith and are kidnapped by Merle. The process for getting them back form Woodbury is just a few days. So far we have about a week in season 3. At this point the Governor loses his eye and goes apesh*t. He starts training his camp to fight back and starts negotiations with Rick. Let's say two weeks for all of this up until the point where he attacks the prison. In total, I'd estimate a month at the VERY most for season 3.

Season 4 is even worse. The prison is now a full-fledged pseudo-civilization for about 50 people now and life seems really settled-down. They've managed to go out and recruit people from both Woodbury and on the road (like Bob), have plants and pigs, and even have a council now. This is just an ass-pull estimate, but I'd say it's been about 3 months. From the outbreak to the end of the prison is about a week at most. I'd say the groups have only been on the road for about a week now and I doubt "A" is going to be any longer than a single day.

Lets' recap:
-Season 1 (Rick getting shot to escaping the medical research facility) - 2 months, 1 week
-Season 2 (From being on the road to the invasion of Hershel's farm) - 1 month
-Season 2.5 (The timeskip) - 7 1/2 months
-Season 3 (Finding the prison to providing sanctuary for Woodbury's people) - 1 month
-Season 3.5 (Second timeskip) - 3 months
-Season 4 - 2 weeks

In total - 1 year, 3 months, 1 week

I thought I heard Rick say early on in S4 that it had been 6-7 months after the Governor's raid.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

Spoiler

Them killing off Rick would really piss me off. I'd be so much more angry if that happened than if Daryl died.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:01 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 27 March 2014 - 10:34 PM.

Hah! Clearly neither of you have read the comics,
Spoiler

I Think that's probably a spoiler in this show.

-darthYENIK

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

I hope Rick does the whole 'We are the walking dead' speech soon. If they leave it out completely I'll be disappointed.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:20 PM Edited by WhatsStrength, 27 March 2014 - 11:22 PM.

Hah! Clearly neither of you have read the comics,

Spoiler

I Think that's probably a spoiler in this show.

-darthYENIK

Actually I have skimmed through a good number of the comics, but Kirkman was saying in a recent AMA that Rick isn't a "safe" character. Plus he also said that the show will make some major changes while still following the core story.

While it's unlikely Rick will die this Sunday, there will always be a time bomb on Rick. I guess it was just my way of saying that Rick is still the best character on the show.

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:40 PM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 28 March 2014 - 03:18 PM.

Andrew Lincoln is going to be a guest on Talking Dead for the first time, could it also be his last? :whistle:

"You can't come back from the things you've done"

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

I hope rick doesn't die, I want Rick, Daryl, Eugene & Abraham to be part of the same group in the next season.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Spoiler

I'm gonna assume that something bad's gonna happen to Carl, I can't really see what else would drive Rick to the limit, unless they pull the dead baby card again.

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

CLAIMED

Spoiler

Well judging from this, it'll be....

Spoiler

• Moonshield and Finite like this

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:35 PM Edited by Slamman, 29 March 2014 - 12:53 AM.

Claimed is now a fun term to use wherever, whenever, it's become an instant Catch Phrase! haha

I wanted to remind fans, AMC's American Rebroadcast will start Saturday night at 7PM Central Standard time US. So you can determine it will require you to likely stay up all night, get sleep in before hand!

Daryl's new found gang or group remind me of the remnants of a Motorcycle club, but as you can imagine, don't have their bikes any longer due to the resources ever dwindling it might seem.

They follow their own code to keep order which could be true of any microcosm group in this setting, but it carries over from an MC point of view too,

I also think Rick is still needed in the series, but I could see the focus on his son being able to handle it alone speaks to some degree about eventual separation. 

UPDATING; I was out shopping about 2 hrs ago, saw on the news-stand, the latest issue of Walking Dead official magazine/fanzine, and there's an interview with several key staff in it, haven't decided to pick it up, but it mentions Robert Kirkman talking about the FILM of the TV series, so where will that fall compared to the graphic novel? I think more along the lines of it's plotting.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:57 AM Edited by WhatsStrength, 30 March 2014 - 02:58 AM.

sh*t, I'm working tomorrow evening so I'm going to miss the finale. It's a shame that this is my most anticipated episode to date. I have to say they really turned it around this season.

I also ordered the Compendium Vol. One from Amazon that contains the first 48 issues so I'll have that to tide me over until the fall.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:06 AM

I've been watching the Season replays in the Marathon on tonight, I only recalled one scene from the Season premier last year, 1st half of the Mid Season.

I really don't know how that happened, complete mystery, but I wouldn't worry if you miss the last episode, it'll get a replay more then once following the conclusion of this Season.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

Whenever I miss or forget an episode I usually just google search streaming sites and they have them up within like two hours or so.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

I took in the marathon on AMC as it started around 7PM my time, ran until 2 AM for the first 8 or 9 episodes, I found out I only remembered ONE damn scene from that first mid-season half.

If I'm not spoiling anything, I'd say the Governor's adoption storyline is the most dramatic character arc in this whole season.

It really explores how a family grounds him, but with things the way they are in the 'New World', it can't help him enough to cure his Homicidal Tendencies. He of course has a complete break from reality and you know how that goes, I'm sure.

I find it pretty sad because he's actually doing good things and making some sort of effort, but we already know he can be downright EVIL at times.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Working hard to maintain my sanity.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

I realize I'm probably late, and this is off-topic, but talk about returning from the dead...welcome back Slammy!  

OT: I'm more curious about what Mullet Guy knows about the virus, outbreak, whatever.  Maybe there is some-sort-of cure and that's why they are trying to get to D.C.  Either way I'm guessing that there might be some more about D.C. in the next season.  I remembered Beth picking up the spoon from D.C. in the country club.  Don't think they would leave these clues and then not do anything about it.  

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

I realize I'm probably late, and this is off-topic, but talk about returning from the dead...welcome back Slammy!  

OT: I'm more curious about what Mullet Guy knows about the virus, outbreak, whatever.  Maybe there is some-sort-of cure and that's why they are trying to get to D.C.  Either way I'm guessing that there might be some more about D.C. in the next season.  I remembered Beth picking up the spoon from D.C. in the country club.  Don't think they would leave these clues and then not do anything about it.  

If there's one thing the writers have failed at this season, it's the fact that they completely ignore the fact that NO ONE has asked Eugene what he really knows. I think he might have said something about it being classified, but still, that's such a load of bullsh*t.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

He's been on screen less than twenty minutes. Not sure I'd call it a failure if his motives weren't immediately questioned, given his entourage.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Working hard to maintain my sanity.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

I don't question his motivation about the whole classified situation other than hey tell somebody else incase you bite it, which happens quite frequently.  No I was more interested in the satellite phone.  I understand the people mullet guy were talking to went dark in D.C. but who else is out there?  That would be my first question after a year or so of no outside contact.  Also the the whole virus thing.  That was my whole question, was D.C. able to make it somehow?  I think thats how they were trying to set up the next season, but idk...

Also: funeral-home-guy who took beth creeps me out.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Saw two plot points that don't make a lot of sense, even seeing virtually all of the Season now, One is the guy met on the tracks who says to follow them to safe haven, what does he know? How much that he's not letting on, state of sincerity, the other being the bus of survivors and how they possibly turned. If this much is a spoiler, just tag it and bag it. Don't delete this though!

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

the guy met on the tracks who says to follow them to safe haven

...who? I don't remeber this. In this half of the season, the tracks to terminus?

Edit:

Ohhhh, right. The dude with the group that gets killed. I think they were just another group trying to make it there, having seen the signs themselves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users